PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, former district attorney, Bellefonte, 15 Apr 2005 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing new to report.

For me, the game changer is the unknown bank account. RK released the information, but apparently did not see the significance.

It makes walkaway more possible, but it could also indicate RFG being involved in something shady.

May not be a lot of activity here, however there is always something going on with one or more of us looking into this case. Some cases take one heck of a long time to solve. One thing I have found out is that every request I have sent to officials at various levels and departments go unanswered.

I do have the divorce theory, i.e. RFG was hiding money overseas until after his divorce was settled. Then 9-11 happened and he could not get the money back into the country. The timing fits. In that case, RFG did not walk away, he walked to his money. That is the strongest and the one that puts him into a better light than the others.

I do have the divorce theory, i.e. RFG was hiding money overseas until after his divorce was settled. Then 9-11 happened and he could not get the money back into the country. The timing fits. In that case, RFG did not walk away, he walked to his money. That is the strongest and the one that puts him into a better light than the others.
But did he withdraw any of that money? Was there any activity on the account?

It is untraceable.

There is a record of RFG depositing money to an unknown account in 2005.

We do know that there was a liquidation of assets that his ex-wife did not get, because he paid capital gains on them.
But he also left a lot of money here in the US. He was close to retirement, too. Why wouldn’t he just wait until retirement to go collect his overseas funds?

He also wouldn’t go all these years without contacting his daughter.

But he also left a lot of money here in the US. He was close to retirement, too. Why wouldn’t he just wait until retirement to go collect his overseas funds?

Ah, no. His estate was worth less than $25,000.

Because he still had to bring the money into the US, retired or not.

By not claiming his pension, he left a lot to his heirs PEF and LAG. They would not have gotten the same amount, substantially less in fact. There may have been some positive tax implications as well.

Last edited:
the idea that he had an estate worth 25 K is ridiculous, with his expenses he could sock that away in 3 months or less mOO
That is what was filed as in the final settlement, less than $25,000. He was grossing more than $116,000 per year since his divorce. He had also had a capital gain of at least $65,000 after his divorce; that was not due to the sale of the house he shared with EG, while married to her.

If he indeed walked away it’s about 100% certain, in my opinion, that he has contacted his daughter at some point. (Unless he walked away and then died within a few months of doing so.) Yea yea I know, they polygraphed her. That was in 2005 I believe. If she participated in the same polygraph today and we could access the results, no matter what the results said, we would all have much different probabilities on the 3 scenarios of Ray’s disappearance.

If he indeed walked away it’s about 100% certain, in my opinion, that he has contacted his daughter at some point. (Unless he walked away and then died within a few months of doing so.) Yea yea I know, they polygraphed her. That was in 2005 I believe. If she participated in the same polygraph today and we could access the results, no matter what the results said, we would all have much different probabilities on the 3 scenarios of Ray’s disappearance.

That is a possibility, but there are several others:

1. RFG did contact his daughter after being declared dead.

2. RFG did not contact her directly, but got an indirect message to her. 20/20 Vision could have been such a message. A third party could be in contact with RFG and approached his daughter.

I would hope that RFG did not put his daughter into a position where she committed perjury. She testified that she had not heard from him, and I personally do not believe that LAG was being dishonest.

I should, for clarity, note that RFG's savings was held jointly with his daughter, so half of it would not be considered his for estate purposes. There were also very legitimate expenses that would be deducted from his half, e.g. the cost of declaring him dead, the cost of becoming his administrator, even some transportation costs for LAG.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue in Thread #18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy