PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loc...sterious_disappearance_5_years_ago_today.html

Every day, when Marge Petrone wakes up, her memory challenges her to a tug-of-war.

On better days, she'll remember her son, Richard Petrone, as a boy in his ice-hockey uniform, or as a man deftly decorating a cake in the family's bakery. She'll see his resemblance in her great-grandson's little face.

On the bad days, her memories can drag Marge Petrone toward the hole gouged out of her family's life when her son and his girlfriend, Danielle Imbo, disappeared after leaving a South Street bar.

"Every day it gets harder," she said recently. "It never gets easier."

The calendar suggests that today might be a terrible day for the Petrones, but the Cherry Hill family says that the five-year anniversary of the couple's disappearance is simply another struggle to endure until there's a break in the case.

"It's the wait," said Marge Petrone, 61. "We have to wait. But we hope it will be worth it in the end."

On Feb. 19, 2005, Richard Petrone, 35, and Imbo, 34, were having drinks with another couple at Abilene's, which was then a bar on South Street near 5th. The couple left the bar together shortly before midnight in Petrone's black 2001 Dodge Dakota pickup. Supposedly, they were heading back to Imbo's home in Mount Laurel.

No one has seen or heard from them since. There has been no trace of the truck.

"They vanished," said John Ottobre, Danielle's brother. "They walked out of Abilene and from the minute they got out the door, no one knows if they turned left or right. We don't even know if they made it to New Jersey."

Though I write primarily on another case, I did note the fifth year anniversary of the disappearance of Mr. Petrone and Ms. Imbo in a blog today.

Webrocket, the bridges between Philadelphia and South Jersey are toll bridges, but only one way, into Phila from NJ.

The do have camera's covering them and they were reported to be check, but they couldn't identify the truck. That might mean that it never crossed the bridge or that the tape wasn't clear.

There are two bridges, basically between South Street and Mount Laurel, NJ, the Ben Franklin, and the Betsy Ross. The Tacomy Palmyra bridge is a bit north of the BR, but it could still be used.

I rarely drive in NJ, so I'm not sure which route would be shorter with traffic conditions.

The FBI seems pretty solid on the murder theory, so I guess they are holding back a lot.

Webrocket, the bridges between Philadelphia and South Jersey are toll bridges, but only one way, into Phila from NJ.

The do have camera's covering them and they were reported to be check, but they couldn't identify the truck. That might mean that it never crossed the bridge or that the tape wasn't clear.

There are two bridges, basically between South Street and Mount Laurel, NJ, the Ben Franklin, and the Betsy Ross. The Tacomy Palmyra bridge is a bit north of the BR, but it could still be used.

I rarely drive in NJ, so I'm not sure which route would be shorter with traffic conditions.

The FBI seems pretty solid on the murder theory, so I guess they are holding back a lot.

Even if the toll plaza cameras are only focussed on the toll booths, it does not mean that there were no other cameras. However, I would tend to think that if the perp(s) were crafty enough to pick up Richard and Danielle on the streets of Philly or commandeet their vehicle without causing a commotion, they probably avoided any possibility of being filmed on cameras.

As for which route is shorter, that depends on where they were going. Since they vanished, I don't think they came back to NJ at all at this point.

Crazy a man and women & pickup disapear one Saturday night. If the target was the male it would not of went down like it did. both to me seems like revenge on a female and the killer had it well planed leaving no evidence to tace back. JMO

Even if the toll plaza cameras are only focussed on the toll booths, it does not mean that there were no other cameras. However, I would tend to think that if the perp(s) were crafty enough to pick up Richard and Danielle on the streets of Philly or commandeet their vehicle without causing a commotion, they probably avoided any possibility of being filmed on cameras.

As for which route is shorter, that depends on where they were going. Since they vanished, I don't think they came back to NJ at all at this point.

There have been car jackings, even murders, in the general area of South Phila, but that is a hugely busy street.

LE has never definitively stated what the tapes showed, if anything, but I'd be concerned about the quality of the tapes and if the tapes were kept that long.

The report was made after a few days when they would have crossed the bridge, if they did. The tapes might been destroyed at that point. So might have any tapes street level cameras (a store security camera, for example).

Depending on exactly where Ms. Imbo lived, and what the traffic conditions were, I could easily see either the BFB or BRB as being the most likely where there would be a crossing. It is possible they never made it to a bridge.

Mr. Petrone lived in South Phila. It would have been possible that they returned to his residence and something happened as they were entering/leaving.

Conversely, someone could have waiting at Ms. Imbo's residence in NJ.

for the love of god...... what is taking so long.......??!!

I can't believe it's been so long and we still don't know what happened to them. I pray that someday their families will get the answers they are looking for.

btw.... I resent that 'ads by Google' was allowed to stick an ad in my previous post. I do not appreciate that this was done without my permission. And it cheapens the fact that we are talking about 2 people who most likely died here. Can the mods please delete my post?

Has there been any news lately about this case? I don't know if Robert Carey had anything to do with it, but if so, it's too bad he killed himself. I think at this point, the only way the family will get answers is if someone talks. It's possible that the people involved in this hit are close to LE and are being pressured not to talk. These people might fear for their lives if they talk. JMHO. It sounds like a tv show, but I think these things could happen in real life. The families I'm sure know that these people are long dead - they just want answers and confirmations. It's all about closure. They will never get over their deaths, but just to have some closure by getting some answers will go a long way to help them heal and move on with their lives. I sure hope the families of Danielle and Richard find some answers and peace.

This sounds a bit conspiracy theoryish, but *maybe* he didn't kill himself (it was only reported that way) or maybe he was told to kill himself or harm would come to his family. The people who did it or told him to do it would be afraid he would cut a deal with LE and tell what happened to Danielle & Richard in exchange for a lesser charge on his drug bust. Alternatively, even if he was a hitman, he might have killed himself knowing he would be in jail for a long time. Rather than face that, he chickened out and got out of Dodge. Anything is possible at this point.

Bumping for Danielle & Richard.... what happened and why...???

I am just bumping this because I heard information in my area that they are supposedly going to search the Delaware River for their truck. Not sure how true this is because a lot of rumors circle my neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500