PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

You may very well be right, Jonsey. I believe half of the people are duplicitous. I myself have two sides--- but, fortunately for me my other side doesn't have a drug problem.
I have seen no indication of "hard" drug use or heard of any such measures- I am not close with the Montgomerys as you are. I don't know their family secrets. I just have no way of knowing if he had an addiction.
I believe 100 percent he was a heavy marajuana smoker, and although it is a drug... Don't crucify me, but- I believe it's harmless. Frankly, it should be legal. Most of my friends, and believe me- are up in age...even in their 70's smoke. They do not however, announce it in a joking manner on FB or Twitter like Shane did. IMO, this shows the level of immaturity. Indolent behavior perhaps, but I haven't seen anything about any other substance.
Unless, you mean alcoholism. Substance abuse is rather vague, I'm not quite sure I know what your referring to- so I tried to cover the bases.

With the amount of crumbs we have for clues. It's more logical for me to buy- he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Met up with a bad person. Then to buy he had a series of coincidal bad luck, it all dominoed simultaneously...
Could it have happened?... Anything is possible. When I stand in the lot and stare at the water like others have- I can't see it, maybe I'm too cynical... But, this isn't about me. It's just a gut feeling or instinct.
The way I view it- it's really hard to just fall in the river- I think even if you tried it would be hard.
I'm stuck. Im stuck on foul play. That's just me. Most people on here believe it's an accident, so the odds are stacked in that favor.

I know your struggling back & forth... I see you waver. It's understandable, it's okay.
It's not an easy situation. I've been bought to tears and I've never met him. Until, we find Shane all we have on our side is hope. Hope that he will turn up, don't even rule out a miracle- they do happen. I haven't given up completely, so do me a favor and don't you give up either.

I believe that MJ is mostly harmless until I look at some of his pics, that some people do have abuse issues, but I agree MJ is generally harmless. I am talking more of the alcohol use as opposed to the daily MJ use. And if there was other things mixed in we do not know. I remember myself drinking at his age and just being a total mess. I did alot of risky things and I am happy to live to tell the story. I am definitely struggling as I still believe we have no true facts. I haven't given up hope and I do believe in miracles. I looked at the water when I searched and I said to myself "He's not in there". I was just wondering if you had a foul play theory. I have concerns about the deemed relative. I concerns about the bouncer. I have a concern about Kildaire's however can we place them in that lot after Shane goes in? LE is saying no one went in afterwards. I don't think there were a ton of cars parked in that lot we would need LE to confirm this but most of the college kids go home that night to their own hometowns. I don't think many people would be out dining that night if they were they would be long gone. Most of the local kids went down and they usually go by foot. If employees work down of different establishments where do they park? Did any of the Kildaire's employees park back there that night. Again we still have no solid facts in this case. But LE whatever they have think he is in the water. It breaks my heart it truly does. I look back to a few years ago watching Shane and my family member and their friends go off to the prom all smiles. Innocent. We all have done wild partying at one time or another and it's part of the growing up stage. We really don't know what happened. I was just interested in your theory of possible foul play. To me he walking near the river having a smoke, peeing contemplating life is not strange to me. I myself walked the trails of Fairmount park near my home it's what we do around here. I have peed in the woods many of times after a night of drinking or other adventures so this is commonplace. I have seen guy friends dash out in the middle of the street in front of cars, climb fences, etc while drunk.

I don't know...I kind of associate all those bad luck things with being intoxicated and not fully in control of himself. Someone else posted that his friends are probably the best judge of his actions when drinking/smoking and I agree. They would know if he normally loses things, takes off alone, texts a lot, etc. I know people who function very well and remain very organized. Then there are people like me who tend to misplace things (even without drinking). When I lived in that area and went out to bars in Manayunk /Center city - I cannot tell you how many credit cards and debit cards I left at the bar or completely lost. Some I would find the next day shoved in a pocket but most were left at the place or in a cab. I lost 2 cell phones in a cab and had to call every cab company in the phone book to no avail. One cabbie actually came back to the place he dropped us off at to return the 3rd one. I also used to text a lot so my phone would go dead frequently when I was out. I won't even mention losing keys in a booth or out of a jacket. My apartment complex had lock-out service and I was a frequent user. They say God protects drunks and little children and I can attest to both. This case resonates with me not only because of the area but because this could have been me or my friends.

Me too I have two friends infamous for losing things sober or not and frequented the bar scene when I was young that's why I didn't think it's odd. It would be good to hear from the friends I have tried to ask my family member and I get nothing about his habits. Did he walk off? Did he get kicked out of bars (I heard from my LE source that he did at WCU not sure if this is true). Thanks for your perspective.

Well said as Always. I am one of the few who concur but would not be surprised at anything at this point. The only reason I have suicide ranked as my second theory over accident is that it just looks so hard to fall in.

In a completely unrelated topic, I bought a ping-pong set today and it only came with the pong....very odd. LOL.

No offense, but I think the opposite....that area looks more like an area where an accident could occur than an area where someone would commit suicide. Unless you think he somehow got up to the Green Lane Bridge.

Marijuana is not always just marijuana. It can be laced.

Many years ago a group of us had some that was laced (unbeknownst to us) with God knows what and I swear I laid faced down, sprawled out in bed with drool, unable to really move all while the aliens whispered their secrets and the meaning of the universe to me.
good times, good times lol
seriously though I woke up thinking thank God I was in the safety of my own home.

What if he himself dropped his phone or keys onto the river and parishes while trying to collect them from the water. How fast is the current? Is there a drop off? Could he have dropped his keys while looking for his phone or vise versa?

I have concerns about the deemed relative. I concerns about the bouncer. I have a concern about Kildaire's however can we place them in that lot after Shane goes in? LE is saying no one went in afterwards.

Remember they claimed no one followed him in which I took to mean no one was behind him and went in immediately after him. Im guessing cars and people on foot entered the lot through out the night after 2:09, I doubt Shane was the last to enter the lot but who knows with the lack of info.

No offense, but I think the opposite....that area looks more like an area where an accident could occur than an area where someone would commit suicide. Unless you think he somehow got up to the Green Lane Bridge.

None taken. I always appreciate opposing views. I hear you in the sense that when I think of suicide in water I think of jumping off a bridge. Not sure if that's exactly what you were thinking. That being said, I had an aunt who told me she had 3 relatives who all died by suicide by walking, wading into the water in full heavy dresses. (this was many years ago) That story always stuck with me. If Shane was not from the area and there was a steep drop off, I would be more inclined to think accident.

I am just vacillating so much. I read one theory about suicide and I lean toward it. I read another detailed theory about accident, and lean toward that. Am I the only one, or is anyone else so easily swayed like me? I know we have a great bunch of bright people here, who are throwing out some very convincing suggestions. but I can't remember being so undecided about a case before. When I followed Andrew Jarcyk's case, I absolutely felt foul play. I just did not see him committing suicide. I think if anyone else followed as closely as I did, they would agree. The suicide factors, for me, just was not there. After a month, Andrew was found in the Hudson. It was never actually said, but pretty much inferred it was suicide. In my heart, I still don't think they know what happened, and it will always eat at me as to what did cause this very much loved young man his final demise.
Not only do we have so little information regarding the events of that fateful night, but we know so little of Shane, the 21 yr old college student. I really, really wish that one if his friends or family members would come on here and tell us about him. In Andrew's case I learned a lot about him as Andrew the son, brother, friend, student, financial advisor etc. It is because of this that I was able to conclude my own feelings as to whether or not he harmed himself. Hey, I know we never really know a person, and sometimes people have hidden agendas or do things that just shock us. But with Shane, other than the additional social media accounts you all found, we know nothing. Simply, nothing. Is anyone else feeling as vacillated as I am, or am I the only one all over the board with this one?

I am just vacillating so much. I read one theory about suicide and I lean toward it. I read another detailed theory about accident, and lean toward that. Am I the only one, or is anyone else so easily swayed like me? I know we have a great bunch of bright people here, who are throwing out some very convincing suggestions. but I can't remember being so undecided about a case before. When I followed Andrew Jarcyk's case, I absolutely felt foul play. I just did not see him committing suicide. I think if anyone else followed as closely as I did, they would agree. The suicide factors, for me, just was not there. After a month, Andrew was found in the Hudson. It was never actually said, but pretty much inferred it was suicide. In my heart, I still don't think they know what happened, and it will always eat at me as to what did cause this very much loved young man his final demise.
Not only do we have so little information regarding the events of that fateful night, but we know so little of Shane, the 21 yr old college student. I really, really wish that one if his friends or family members would come on here and tell us about him. In Andrew's case I learned a lot about him as Andrew the son, brother, friend, student, financial advisor etc. It is because of this that I was able to conclude my own feelings as to whether or not he harmed himself. Hey, I know we never really know a person, and sometimes people have hidden agendas or do things that just shock us. But with Shane, other than the additional social media accounts you all found, we know nothing. Simply, nothing. Is anyone else feeling as vacillated as I am, or am I the only one all over the board with this one?
You are very right. I think its because the only thing we have to rely on is speculating and throwing out theories. Shane's night, even before going to the lot, is so unclear. It's almost like he was invisible. Like was he alone in Kildares in between his final phone call at 1:28 and bumping into the DJ? We know absolutely nothing about what he was doing. Alwaysonthecase's post a page back explains how I think a lot of us are feeling, nothing is clear and stories get retracted and changed from everyone involved. Accident seems like an easy explanation but then I think no when I see pics of the lot. Suicide seems like an easy explanation if no one else was involved but I dont know if Shane would have done that. The involvement of someone else before or during his visit to the lot is possible but there isnt evidence to say. I fear they wont find Shane.

I can only speak for myself but absolutely yes. I think this case really lends to it due to the lack of reliable information and some shady behavior by the bar and it's staff. The problem is you feel they are not being truthful but you don't know why. Are the covering up for liability reasons or criminal? And yes the people on here are sharp and persuasive. That's why I try to contribute with some humor, hoping to bring something to the table. LOL.

L
I agree with you as I find I change my mind daily. Sometimes I'm thinking accident, suicide or foul play. I wish we had more info on him.

BBM

Remember they claimed no one followed him in which I took to mean no one was behind him and went in immediately after him. Im guessing cars and people on foot entered the lot through out the night after 2:09, I doubt Shane was the last to enter the lot but who knows with the lack of info.

Speculating: "following" is not the same as "with" ... no one 'followed' Shane, but maybe someone was walking 'with' Shane? Just throwing it out there to be complete.

BBM

Speculating: "following" is not the same as "with" ... no one 'followed' Shane, but maybe someone was walking 'with' Shane? Just throwing it out there to be complete.

Good point ChuckyMo. I never thought about it that way.

I have never thought of Shane as a suicide.
Not once.
I think guilt for his missing is why none of his friends are speaking out. They must be beating themselves up as to, "if only..."
Shane is a good kid, brother, son, friend. We all feel and know that.
While we don't want him missing form unwise personal choices, many have that feeling.
I'm still stuck on foul play. Not wavering yet. Things are just too coincidentally not adding up.

I'm from jersey but have been to MNYK a few times to see the area. I'm sure anyone there knows that someone can go under the green st and rr bridges (to the right of the parking lot) and continue out of the area without going past the nail store camera, yet I haven't seen that discussed much.

In that stretch of illegal dumping and the abandoned building at 2 am after some beers, and the roads beyond, one could speculate ad infinitum. Likewise, what appears out of camera view, is the tracks to the left that get you out of the lot to more bridges out into town. This is why the river theory mystifies me. But there are many things I don't know that are known.

To the point: if he wound up in the river (however) he could possibly get out (he knows how to swim and the water would be survivable for a short while), then he would be facing that fenced in empty lot with a steep climb though a bunch of what appears to be rough brush. It would be more difficult to get through that half frozen than to get out of the water.

I know there are lots of people -- professional people -- searching, and not to their discredit, but I can't get back there behind that vacant lot and I'm the type that walks right behind someone that's looking and I look in the same place. So that back fence and terrain bother me.

Also, in that fenced in lot somewhere, I saw a vertical pvc pipe in the ground. It appeared to be sticking only a few inches above ground, and was marginally close enough perhaps to walk into. Again, I can't get to that area, and maybe it isn't deep. Can't tell from the road. Maybe there are more on the lot. If someone tells me that was all checked, I can stop looking at the fence and the lot.

My only other thought because I don't see him as a walkaway or a jumper, is that somehow (incredible things happen at 2 am on alcohol) the keys "got" in the river - (if I could type fast enough I could fill a hard drive with crazy speculation, so let's skip that for now), and he was walking home at 2 am plus and knows he will have to knock to get in, he decides to hang out somewhere until morning. Besides the alcohol, hypothermia erodes one's ability to think clearly. Once again, and this is the last item on my list, the empty half of the building at shurs lane at pechim street is about the best place to stop that I have seen. I can't go in, but it is accessible. I hope it was searched thoroughly. If I am told that it was, I might even sleep at night. I wish with every cell in my body that Shane is ok somehow. I hope for the family, friends, and tireless workers, that resolution and rest comes soon, and I thank you all on the forum for allowing my rant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back