Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #1 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me she is not an unnamed person.

She is Beth Doe to me. I feel a connection - she was found the year I graduated from high school and found near my family's vacation home in White Haven, PA. (Poconos, PA) This could have happened to me - we are the same age...we look alike.

I visit her grave. This potter's field is not in Harrity, PA - like in Find-a-Grave.

Can an administator rename this thread?

Done, Thanks StaceyK.

I have a question, was the baby delivered or removed as part of the killers doing? Could she have died during child birth and someone panicked?

To me she is not an unnamed person.

She is Beth Doe to me. I feel a connection - she was found the year I graduated from high school and found near my family's vacation home in White Haven, PA. (Poconos, PA) This could have happened to me - we are the same age...we look alike.

I visit her grave. This potter's field is not in Harrity, PA - like in Find-a-Grave.

Can an administator rename this thread?

It's really sweet of you to visit her grave, StaceyK.:heart:

KB & LM,

Thanks so much for your interest in Beth & Baby Doe. I cannot explain it, but I feel a connection to her. Beth & I would have been the same age and I look like her (I am half Italian).

None of the literature regarding this case talks about the baby being delivered. I have often wondered about this myself. They just say a full-term female fetus was found with Beth Doe, who was dismembered.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/169ufpa.html

This is my signature case.

If you are interested in more, let me know. She was exhumed in 2007 to collect DNA, and reintered the same year. I had lots of problems finding her grave site in a Potter's Field in PA, but I have it now. I will visit her soon.

KB & LM,

Thanks so much for your interest in Beth & Baby Doe. I cannot explain it, but I feel a connection to her. Beth & I would have been the same age and I look like her (I am half Italian).

None of the literature regarding this case talks about the baby being delivered. I have often wondered about this myself. They just say a full-term female fetus was found with Beth Doe, who was dismembered.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/169ufpa.html

This is my signature case.

If you are interested in more, let me know. She was exhumed in 2007 to collect DNA, and reintered the same year. I had lots of problems finding her grave site in a Potter's Field in PA, but I have it now. I will visit her soon.

i sort of see what you mean...though i'm not of Mediterranean descent at all, i was 15 at the time.

i see you are in PA--do you remember hearing about the case back then?

No - not in 1976.

What I remember is reading stories in the local papers about this crime, starting around 1985 or so...while visiting the Poconos, at the local diners in White Haven while on vacation, mostly from reading The Pocono Ledger and other Wilkes-Barre/Scranton newspapers. I always wondered about her...

Then, in about 2005, I read a book called "A Beautiful Child" (I can't remember the author's name, but I think it may have been Matt Berbick? - he is mentioned on the Sharon Marshall thread - I think he may be a WS member.) about Sharon Marshall, and the author provided websleuth-type web sites in the book. That is when I started looking for Beth Doe stuff on-line. Wow. This book really got me looking into just how many people are missing and UID.

No one appears to be looking for Beth Doe. I have searched every missing female in the USA, including Doe, The Charlie Project and many, many others....

So I just decided if no one else was looking for her, I would visit her grave.

No - not in 1976.

What I remember is reading stories in the local papers about this crime, starting around 1985 or so...while visiting the Poconos, at the local diners in White Haven while on vacation, mostly from reading The Pocono Ledger and other Wilkes-Barre/Scranton newspapers. I always wondered about her...

Then, in about 2005, I read a book called "A Beautiful Child" (I can't remember the author's name, but I think it may have been Matt Berbick? - he is mentioned on the Sharon Marshall thread - I think he may be a WS member.) about Sharon Marshall, and the author provided websleuth-type web sites in the book. That is when I started looking for Beth Doe stuff on-line. Wow. This book really got me looking into just how many people are missing and UID.

No one appears to be looking for Beth Doe. I have searched every missing female in the USA, including Doe, The Charlie Project and many, many others....

So I just decided if no one else was looking for her, I would visit her grave.

still, you've been following a long time...wow! check out the link i pm'd to you...someone may be looking, they just don't know where to look yet...perhaps. i believe that christine said something to that effect in another post here somewhere & i think she's probably right!

i think with the advent of the internet & all of this info reaching more and more people everyday, there is hope still for Beth & her baby. i mean, i was sort of feeling that way about Boulder Jane Doe...and now, 55 years later, the poor girl has her name & her family has some answers. somebody out there knew Beth.

I visited her grave site yesterday. She is buried in a paupers field in Lehigh Twp., Carbon County on Laurytown Rd. It is in the middle of a HUGE tree farm. Very beautiful and quiet.

I am having trouble posting pix here - will try album...

I visited her grave site yesterday. She is buried in a paupers field in Lehigh Twp., Carbon County on Laurytown Rd. It is in the middle of a HUGE tree farm. Very beautiful and quiet.

I am having trouble posting pix here - will try album...

aww, StaceyK, that's really lovely--it is comforting to know that her final resting spot is in a nice place. give me a shout if you need help posting pics here, but if you post in an album, that's fine too--would like to see.

I am considering planting some flowers on her grave - not sure if this is ok in a pauper's field - but I don't think anyone would mind crocuses - they are very low and unobtrusive.

I may be getting nuts - but I am considering planting crocuses on all the UID graves there.

I just feel so sad about this place. I know there are many paupers' fields, but this one I can visit.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

Kidbits,

I am unable to post PIX here. Help!

hi, Stacey--sure. first i need to ask you how you are trying to attach them? are you using the little paperclip icon or the 'insert image' icon (the tiny picture that looks like mountains)? i would use the little paperclip. it then brings up a list of formats. also, each format has a corresponding column that lists the maximum size, so you have to make sure your image isn't too large. which type of format is your photo saved as?

let me know & if you're still having trouble, we'll take it from there! :)

I am considering planting some flowers on her grave - not sure if this is ok in a pauper's field - but I don't think anyone would mind crocuses - they are very low and unobtrusive.

I may be getting nuts - but I am considering planting crocuses on all the UID graves there.

I just feel so sad about this place. I know there are many paupers' fields, but this one I can visit.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

i think that is one of the nicest ideas--please do it! i'd be tempted to plant daffodils too...they grow all over the UK in the springtime, so are definitely easy to grow.

KB,

I am using the Attachment Manager and browsing my PC. Maybe the pix are too large. I was able to post my dog REXX to my album, but nothing else.

Scotland? I am half Scot, half Italian - how did that happen? Only in America for sure. I am a hybrid!

KB - you know - this is a pauper's field, so I don't think they do maintance - Daffodils would be good as well. I'm thinking things that won't cause a problem for the caretakers.

Then - I am getting nuts - thinking about planting something on every grave there. There are 84 graves, only 14 are identified. Sad.

I have this habit of adopting and taking responsibility of everything.

Stacey, you wouldn't happen to be a social worker, would you?

KB - you know - this is a pauper's field, so I don't think they do maintance - Daffodils would be good as well. I'm thinking things that won't cause a problem for the caretakers.

Then - I am getting nuts - thinking about planting something on every grave there. There are 84 graves, only 14 are identified. Sad.

I have this habit of adopting and taking responsibility of everything.

What a wonderful idea.

StaceyK, I'm only about an hour from White Haven and I think planting flowers is a wonderful idea! I've been lurking on this thread because Carbon Cty attracted me but I really have nothing to add. I wasn't even a thought when Beth and Baby were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname