Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeVernon Legrand could explain the New York newspaper when Beth Doe was found
Wasn't that paper widely distributed at the time? In all fairness, she or the perp could have picked it up anywhere, like a bus terminal, train station, or something.
I totally see Legrand killing everybody going against him...also dismembering was his "thing" it seems.....but why take the body to PA? He fathered 46 children...one more wouldn't be that of a strange thing....just can't get my head around this...A lot of people went missing in his so called "care", I despise him, that's for sure....and I really want Beth identified and her killer caught if still possible.
LeGrand supposedly had a farm in White Sulphur Springs, NY, which is not that far from White Haven, PA, (roughly about two hours by car) and they were known to dispose of bodies far from NYC. Considering that LE was on their trail about the same time as Beth Doe was found, it seems plausible that they would rather dispose of her as far away as they could. This was 1976, as well, so you have the element of LE in two states, probably not having a clue about eachother's respective discoveries...

Again, I am nodding in @madamx's direction, but it seems like she hasn't been logged in for a while.

Last edited:
Intriguing, indeed. Please post updates if you can! If it turns out that Madelyn is not Beth Doe, she might just be another Doe instead.

As for the isotopes, I wouldn't rely solely on them; they have turned out to be quite inaccurate for many UIDs lately.

As for Madelyn: I know way too little about her and her case, but I came to think of DeVernon LeGrand and his "church" in Brooklyn, NYC, nevertheless. AFAIK, several of his (and his sons') alleged victims have yet to be found.
He was arrested in May 1976 - Beth Doe was discovered in 12/21/1976

Okay - so we have recently seen DNA tracked via DNA/gene databases: The Golden State Killer, NOCAL Rapist, etc. Why can't they take Beth Doe's baby's DNA and run it for a father? DNA genealogical mapping

Last edited:
I am currently talking to someone on Facebook who believes Beth Doe was her foster sister that went missing in 1973. She said last contact was June 1976 when she called her asking for money. She was scared and pregnant. The woman she believes could be Beth Doe was named Madelyn Cruz. She said that she met her at an alternative school and then she was taken in for a few months. I believe this may be a good lead. Maybe Isotope testing was wrong. She hasn't been able to locate Madelyn. I gave her the number of the detective in PA and she has been in contact with her.
Any updates on this?

They provide services since 1954 to young people with disabilities
White Haven Center is located less than 2 miles off Route 80 at Exit 272 and sits on approximately 192 acres of land in Luzerne County. This picturesque campus (adjacent to the Poconos) with its rolling hills and nearby forest land offers a peaceful, private setting with the convenience of a downtown business area a short distance away. Our Center has been serving people with intellectual disabilities since 1956. As an Intermediate Care Facility for people with intellectual disabilties, the Center provides 24-hour supported living, medical care and developmental activities. An interdisciplinary team of staff provides a wide array of quality services to the adults who make White Haven Center their home.

White Haven Center is located less than 2 miles off Route 80 at Exit 272 and sits on approximately 192 acres of land in Luzerne County. This picturesque campus (adjacent to the Poconos) with its rolling hills and nearby forest land offers a peaceful, private setting with the convenience of a downtown business area a short distance away. Our Center has been serving people with intellectual disabilities since 1956. As an Intermediate Care Facility for people with intellectual disabilties, the Center provides 24-hour supported living, medical care and developmental activities. An interdisciplinary team of staff provides a wide array of quality services to the adults who make White Haven Center their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa