Pace U in NYC, May 31st @ 7:30 - Jeff Ashton / Chaney Mason

Moderator asks if she had been AA or Hispanic would it have changed the outcome. JA says that there was no evidence that CA was bad mother other than murdering her child (audience laughs) but there would not have been any difference how the prosecutors would have handled it. He doubts the jury did either. JudgeA says that it shouldn't have been a death penalty case.

JA- the most shocking thing about the verdict was that they didn't convict her of any offense.
He never thought they wouldn't punish her for the death of her child...lesser offense.
Hal's name is mentioned.

Q & A: to JA, if you could try this case again would you change the charges?

JA: No, what I think happened in this case was a cold hearted murder. 1st degree murder

JA says that he never thought all 12 would give her no punishment at all. He was truly shocked.

Audience question: For Jeff ... if you could try it again would you change the charges. JA says no. What I think happened is it was a premeditated murder. No reason for duct tape. You hope that the jury would use common sense.

CM says that no matter how much you want to believe, that doesn't make it true. He says the jury used their common sense based on the evidence.

Q: Are there grounds to prosecute CA on a federal basis. JA says no.

Judge Alex asks why would she sit in jail for three years if she knew her child drown?
CM: She sat in jail for three years - she's tough
JA: to CM, she sat in jail because she would not listen to your requests for a plea bargain
CM: You lied in your book...
JA; Oh really enlighten me on that..

Moderator moves on... drat!!!!

JA says that he never thought all 12 would give her no punishment at all. He was truly shocked.

Audience question: For Jeff ... if you could try it again would you change the charges. JA says no. What I think happened is it was a premeditated murder. No reason for duct tape. You hope that the jury would use common sense.

CM says that no matter how much you want to believe, that doesn't make it true. He says the jury used their common sense based on the evidence.

Q: Are there grounds to prosecute CA on a federal basis. JA says no.

I am soooooooooooooooo glad I'm not there. I'd have been up out of my chair and smacking the hell out of Mason by now!!!! :banghead: He wouldn't know what common sense is if it bit him on the butt!!!!

Q: Did you ask her to dress her a certain way. CM: They asked for a hair cut, the judge wouldn't allow it. If she was on bond she would have been much better looking than she was.

Clothes....not picked for effect? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I need my meds. Cheney Mason will always infuriate me.

This was not what I expected it to be. I thought there would be a whole lot more legal talk. IMO, this case is still too fresh and people are still outraged at the verdict.

Q: Did you ask her to dress her a certain way. CM: They asked for a hair cut, the judge wouldn't allow it. If she was on bond she would have been much better looking than she was.

Here's the world's smallest violin playing "My Heart Bleeds for You". Give me a break!!!!! Oh boohoo Casey, she couldn't dress up because she wasn't out on bond!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

CM was unbelievable. Just couldn't help himself. Jab here, jab there. All he cares about IMHO is the 1 in the win column.

It was ok, and I learned a just little bit more from CM. Most here know JA's position on many things related to this case from his book.

Judge Alex was outstanding and I could have listened to him all night. He must make for one excellent educator.

Judge Alex asks why would she sit in jail for three years if she knew her child drown?
CM: She sat in jail for three years - she's tough
JA: to CM, she sat in jail because she would not listen to your requests for a plea bargain
CM: You lied in your book...
JA; Oh really enlighten me on that..

Moderator moves on... drat!!!!
Yup...and they even wanted her evaluated at the 11th hour 'cause she wouldn't listen to him.

I asked my husband not to let me watch this. I swear, I've already had a stroke and am not convinced this case wasn't partially to blame. I can barely read the comments....argh....my wounds are still too fresh!:banghead:

It was ok, and I learned a just little bit more from CM.

Judge Alex was outstanding to follow and I could have listened to him all night. He must make for one excellent educator.

CM is such a child, such a schoolyard bully. I swear, he drives me up the wall. Take that verdict and stick it you know where, CM. It doesn't mean CRAP in the real world except that Casey is free to kill again. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

I did like Judge Alex. I liked that he and Ashton kept corralling CM. Two against one, who do you think is going to win, CM?

CM was unbelievable. Just couldn't help himself. Jab here, jab there. All he cares about IMHO is the 1 in the win column.

Now - as unpopular as it is - that's all he ever cared about (though I suspect he was just as surprised at the verdict as the rest of us). If all he has left is snipe, well, he's done. And if all he thinks he needs is snipe, well then, he's really done. Unfortunately our very unfortunate jury pool has been raised on his IMHO tripe And here we are.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...distances-himself-from-opening-statement.html

Man,.. that Hal from the orlando sentinal is fast..... loved this part...

Mason repeated his complaints about talking heads on television who weighed in on motions they had never read and never tried a murder case. He dismissed HLN host Nancy Grace as “Nancy Disgrace” and said he ruled out prospective jurors if they had watched her show.

But Mason didn’t acknowledge that he had been a talking head for WKMG-Channel 6 before he joined the defense team.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back