Pastor of mega church says wife has gone away for 1 year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only took them a year to pay the $5,000,000 for the church. The congregation was smaller then.

Pt. 1 Redemption World Outreach Debt-Free Service (pt.1) - YouTube

Pt. 2 [video=youtube;ARUBIiIwk2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARUBIiIwk2s[/video]

All he preaches about for the 18 minutes of the video is how the church was paid off in a year and tells the congregation that they are going to be given the same thing. He tells them to bring their tithe and they will receive it back times 2, 3, 4

The on pt. 2 of the video toward the end he tells a story about how they had no insurance and a lot of hospital bills. He owed $13,000 and someone walked in his office one day and gave him $2,000. He called the hospital and they took the $2,000 and wrote the rest off. Then he encourages his congregation to call all their creditors and ask them to do the same.

It only took them a year to pay the $5,000,000 for the church. The congregation was smaller then.

Pt. 1 Redemption World Outreach Debt-Free Service (pt.1) - YouTube

Pt. 2 Redemption World Outreach Debt-Free Service (pt.2) - YouTube

All he preaches about for the 18 minutes of the video is how the church was paid off in a year and tells the congregation that they are going to be given the same thing. He tells them to bring their tithe and they will receive it back times 2, 3, 4

The on pt. 2 of the video toward the end he tells a story about how they had no insurance and a lot of hospital bills. He owed $13,000 and someone walked in his office one day and gave him $2,000. He called the hospital and they took the $2,000 and wrote the rest off. Then he encourages his congregation to call all their creditors and ask them to do the same.
Wow! Call your creditors and ask them to write off the debt. What a leader.

Wow! Call your creditors and ask them to write off the debt. What a leader.

What a difference in this con artist and a real pastor.yesterday morning our pastor talked in his sermon about how we need to live within our means, stop incurring debt we can't pay and to teach this to our children. Tithing was never mentioned. Guess that's cause we have a pastor, not an apostle....

Thank you for bumping this up Tulessa. I am committed to ths thread and exposing the ugly side of the churches and the pastors who are behind all of this.

Sp please forgive me if I submit post that are on the corruption that i have found if they make you wonder if I have totally gone off of the topic or finding Hope.

Indeed, I have not. My sole focus is to find Hope but I need to expose the truth of the world she lived in and the people who support Ron and are his closest freinds and how they operate. There are some disturbing practices that are most unchristian acts and are more like criminal acts.

We have to cast our net of searching far and wide to give us clues to where Hope is.

I can only hope that she has broken free and is safely hiding somewhere because i am sure she has been bullied and stalked and threatened.

God bless you sweetheart, for all of your hard work. :blowkiss:

Someone posted about 'Apostle Ron' talking about inpatient treatment (for his son?) at (IIRC) $1700/day and
asked how a pastor's salary would cover months of that running > $100,000.

Is it possible Ron was not actually paying that $1700/day cost,
but much of that was covered by med ins, and Ron's payment was a deductible, like $25 - $100/day?

Or maybe there was some exaggeration about the charges?
Or perhaps the length of inpatient treatment?

How Pastors Get Rich

This article exposes the secret methods certain pastors use to get rich off God’s people. Have you ever wondered how some pastors start a church and then become wealthy living in flash houses and driving luxury cars? Well this article exposes how they do it, extracting money from their congregations to fund their lifestyles. Here are the secrets they definitely do not want you to know.

http://www.cultwatch.com/howpastorsgetrich.html

Someone posted about 'Apostle Ron' talking about inpatient treatment (for his son?) at (IIRC) $1700/day and
asked how a pastor's salary would cover months of that running > $100,000.

Is it possible Ron was not actually paying that $1700/day cost,
but much of that was covered by med ins, and Ron's payment was a deductible, like $25 - $100/day?

Or maybe there was some exaggeration about the charges?
Or perhaps the length of inpatient treatment?

Here is the cost for the Betty Ford Center

Young Adult Recovery Program (ages 18–25) 90 days $62,000
120 days $71,000

He would be to young for this program, but the cost is a huge difference from what he is saying he paid. I don't believe anything he says. Maybe he just gave them $2,000. :floorlaugh:

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/treatment-programs/young-adult-recovery-program/index.php

I found quite a few rehab type places that charge $1,700 a day.

I found quite a few rehab type places that charge $1,700 a day.

I.B. Nora's right. However, with insurance companies now having utilization management nurses both in the facility and at their company, the average LOS is now around 7 days or less for detox.
Rehab. is outpatient.
When I worked in that field of nursing in the 90's, the average LOS ( length of stay, sorry) was 30-45 days. At least 7-14 days were detox. days, meaning the person could lie in bed, take meds. for their specific detox. and not participate fully in either AA or NA programs or In-patient therapy.

Psych. benefits were cut by insurance companies before substance abuse benefits were. It is still the case that most group insurance policies have greater coverage for substance abuse than psych. IF the written criteria for stay in the facility are met by both the severity of illness and the intensity of services rendered. This means you have to be ill, and you must be both treated aggressively and you must show a high level of participation in the recognized " recovery" programs like AA and NA if in for substance abuse.

$1700 a day is a bit on the low average side for a corporate facility for inpatient detox. and rehab. It would be possibly too high for a city/ county run facility.

Are you finding year long programs that are $1,700 per day for youth? I'm seeing extensive detox and inpatient for shorter terms than a year. It seems to go down in price the longer you are there or it goes to a day type program.

Then there are the "ranch" type facilities. I haven't checked those prices out. That would be a bad place though for detox.

The way he worded it in one of his sermons, it sounded like the boy was going to jail and they got the judge to agree to a treatment program instead. I just don't know of inpatient treatment facilities that have year youth care, other than the ranch type.

This case has bothered me from the moment I read about the pastor's wife missing. I'm convinced this is a cult in every sense of the word. I am so sad for his innocent, naive followers. I am VERY fearful for his wife Hope. Although I don't think Hope was innocent in his grand scam, I think she has become his victim as well. The more I read, the angrier I get. I think the WS discussions could bring about an investigation into many aspects of this case. Keep on digging, you guys are awesome!

Are you finding year long programs that are $1,700 per day for youth? I'm seeing extensive detox and inpatient for shorter terms than a year. It seems to go down in price the longer you are there or it goes to a day type program.

Then there are the "ranch" type facilities. I haven't checked those prices out. That would be a bad place though for detox.

The way he worded it in one of his sermons, it sounded like the boy was going to jail and they got the judge to agree to a treatment program instead. I just don't know of inpatient treatment facilities that have year youth care, other than the ranch type.

I am not sufficiently versed on the treatment programs that adolescents go to such as the ranch type to offer comment.
I do not know the cost, but I do know that some TV hosts volunteer to send kids to a place near me called " Happy Hills" for disturbed children. I expect that the cost is high, or the show host would not need to make the offer to send the child there.

This case has bothered me from the moment I read about the pastor's wife missing. I'm convinced this is a cult in every sense of the word. I am so sad for his innocent, naive followers. I am VERY fearful for his wife Hope. Although I don't think Hope was innocent in his grand scam, I think she has become his victim as well. The more I read, the angrier I get. I think the WS discussions could bring about an investigation into many aspects of this case. Keep on digging, you guys are awesome!

bbm

My thoughts about the possibilities for Hope:

1) she will never resurface b/c she is no longer with us, or
2) she really is in a bonafide treatment facility, or
3) she's actually in some secret location going through a brainwash/reprogramming, or
4) she got pregnant with someone else's child and will return after baby is born in secret, or
5) she was injured by him in a fight/argument and will resurface after sufficient healing/reprogramming.

Yes, some of these are far-off, but... just brainstorming.

Hope supposedly changed when the church reached 200 members. I suspect she may have wanted no part in the sham in the beginning. The few talks I've listened to show a possible underlying disgust towards church people, probably the higher up people, plus an angry tone to her sermons. I'm hoping she said enough is enough and walked away. If she did then maybe she is allowing herself to be painted as mentally ill, because there has been no talk of restoring her to ministry.

IMO, I believe that an aggressive investigative reporter would/could get national coverage. LE doesn't seem to have reason to perform a wellness check b/c the family or so-called friends haven't requested it. Every couple of years there seems to be a national exposé on religious groups & wrong doing on shows like 20/20. If it's a slow moving day, Nancy Grace or JVM might show interest.
Kudos to y'all doing such digging!

bbm

My thoughts about the possibilities for Hope:

1) she will never resurface b/c she is no longer with us, or
2) she really is in a bonafide treatment facility, or
3) she's actually in some secret location going through a brainwash/reprogramming, or
4) she got pregnant with someone else's child and will return after baby is born in secret, or
5) she was injured by him in a fight/argument and will resurface after sufficient healing/reprogramming.

Yes, some of these are far-off, but... just brainstorming.

or

6. she is part of a master plan for redemption and forgiveness in order to bring in more $$. after all it has worked in the past. that is where im leaning at the moment. it will change to leaning towards something else later im sure. lol but my reasoning for it is that NOBODY in her family, especially her very socially public daughter shows an ounce of concern for her. nobody is asking for prayers. nobody is saying they miss her. nothing from those very close.

If she truly has a sex addiction problem which is just my guess, I honestly can say I feel sorry for her family and her spouse who has had to put up with it. I know don't throw tomatoes just yet. But I have lived with a sex addict and it is not a fun ride. It is horribly degrading and the chances of recovery are very slim. They will lie and hide stuff, they can and do have separate lives with their affairs etc. They are masters of deceit and lies. It is very unhealthy. I know I am not the only person on here who has had to deal with people/issues like this and my advice to anyone going through it would be to RUN, Run as fast as you can and get away and get out of it while your still sane! Of course I would expect that a preacher would put a lot more effort into making his relationship with his wife work and honor the commitment. If this is in fact what she has I'm not sure I would stick around for more abuse.

Here are a few interesting links concerning the fraud and deceit in churches that are abusing their power and money and misleading ro defrauding their believers. Ole Pronounced "O-Lay) Anthony has an intereste website with many links and his impression of his experiences and observations of wrong doing within those churches. His organization is the Trinity Foundation:
http://trinityfi.org/

Copies of articles about church fraud involving various pastors.
http://www.dallasobserver.com/related/to/Ole+Anthony/

There is just so much to read. however today is a gorgeous fall day, i finall have energy and and fall de-cluttering is in full force. Carry on, my peeps! Keep digging and find all that you can. I'd love to see what y'all come up with!

Has it entered anyone's mind, that she is getting he treatment for free? I can see a facility giving free treatment to a celebrity of sorts, in order to get other patients from the Ministry for a price?1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick