Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Great interview DB. She changed once she saw "The Secret".

And, "he left" Jodi? :what: I thought Jodi left? If so, that makes 4/4 who left Jodi and today Nurmi can't stand Jodi 11/10 days.
:goodpost:

Yes, I know he said that, but still - if I knew that an ex of mine had murdered someone out of revenge and I had left my child in their possession I'd be horrified. I can understand if you accidentally kill someone trying to protect yourself or your family from a rape, robbery, break in or assault. But to stick up for someone who has committed murder on a helpless individual in cold blood by saying that you trusted them with your child?? It shows me something about his character and thinking pattern...

He never said he supported her brutally murdering Travis. If he were to have testified it would have been to how she was as he knew her. I won't hold him responsible for what JA did and I won't trash him because he says he still has love for her. That's none of my business. JMO

i think she is trying to keep them off to gain sympathy from the jury and re-establish that she has 'no family support'. Always the victim, huh?:facepalm:

I can't see how that works... not when her family has been in court every day. I think the jury will see through that nonsense

Keep listening until he slips and indicates that she's an adult now, and responsible for her own behavior.

He also contradicts himself, talking about how strange and 'sick' she had become yet insisting that she was completely normal and happy borrowing his gas cans.

Right so she is completely "normal" then he "sees with his own eyes" how she changes then when she picks up gas cans she is completely "normal" again...that should have given him red flags right there!!! :facepalm:

Let's be fair. He specifically did not use the word "possession". He said it was his "son", and he trusted her. Obviously, he is not a good judge of character, but he went out of his way not to refer to his son as a possession.
Because he caught himself just in time. I think his Freudian slip was starting to show. :moo:

Let's be fair. He specifically did not use the word "possession". He said it was his "son", and he trusted her. Obviously, he is not a good judge of character, but he went out of his way not to refer to his son as a possession.
he said (loosely quoting) that he left his most precious (big pause) "I don't want to use the word possession" my son with her. He used different language but that is what was implied, and he was doing his best to be polite. I still feel he was too smooth and rehearsed in his interview.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130520jodi-arias-darryl-brewer-interview.html

Just carrying this over from the last thread, interview with Daryl Brewer .. I'm still watching it, but what stands out to me is his repeated mentioning of the 'magical thinking' Jodi started to display. I think that is Daryl describing her illness getting worse. It's entirely possible she became worse as she got older.

Jodi claimed on the stand that Darryl's ex was moving from Palm Desert back to Monterey and he wanted to move to be close to his son. They had a home together and he was just going to get up and leave. I'm sure at this point Jodi realized she was not a number one priority in Darryl's life. He did not have a problem with relocating once his son was gone. I really think the feelings of being abandoned may started with Darryl. So he may have some guilt feelings about how they left things.

So, PPL and the Mormon church is the catalyst for Jodi's behaviour.

Jodie set out to entice Travis from the minute she met him! That's when Daryl became obsolete to her in her mind. She was at that convention with a few females for how long? A day a week? Either way she knew what she wanted even more so after going to Travis home. She began to formulate a trap to secure herself as mrs Travis Alexander.

On Dr. D tonight a few times it has been said that many women feel murderess rages if they get dumped or something to that effect and then went on to say..but they don't carry it out like JA did and the feeling passes or something to that effect. That is a very offensive statement to all females imho.

I also wonder if the DT didn't want him to testify because he was going to establish that JA was not in abusive relationships her entire life and she wasn't a victim. There whole mitigation seems to hinge on that perspective, hence her mother not testifying on her behalf either.

Yuppers. After seeing DB, I do believe he is genuine and really cared for Jodi. She went all religious on him and "saving" herself for a good Mormon husband.

Travis was her bullseye, and she would not settle for less. Power, sex, and religion = lethal mix.

Jodie set out to entice Travis from the minute she met him! That's when Daryl became obsolete to her in her mind. She was at that convention with a few females for how long? A day a week? Either way she knew what she wanted even more so after going to Travis home. She began to formulate a trap to secure herself as mrs Travis Alexander.

So, PPL and the Mormon church is the catalyst for Jodi's behaviour.

According to Darryl who couldn't possibly see that 1) buying a house with JA 2) not marrying her after 4 years 3) so much older ........... has nothing to do with it? :floorlaugh:

Rather than reply to a lot of posts separately:

For the poster who was concerned about all the issues DT keeps saying are "unfair" and that they will be used as an appeal issue- JA can appeal on any ridiculous issue she wants to... ALV's "intimidation", supposed death threats, JM's "arguing" with witnesses, I wasn't given enough peanut butter on day 16 of the trial, whatever. HOWEVER, I don't think there are any issues that she can use on appeal that will actual cause her to be given a new trial. I think, as frustrating as it has been at times, that JSS has gone above and beyond to give the DT allowances so there would not be any true appeal issues.

The above includes the hijinks today. I don't think she can appeal on the issue of no witnesses to testify for her as DB has stated on national tv he was ready and waiting to testify and apparently PW stated that although she may be intimidated to testify she also had misgivings as JA had taken another's life.

Nurmi looked so PO'd today and so did JSS. Although I know she is a judge and likely has had many frustrations during trials, I don't know how JSS has kept herself in check. She has bent over backward for the DT imo, and has had to deal with motion after ridiculous motion from the DT. Then today, in open court, Nurmi says because of HER decisions, JA has not received a fair trial. Then AGAIN asks to be removed from the case. Then throws a temper tantrum and says they won't call any witnesses at all. Her cheeks got red, but God bless her, she kept herself calm and composed.

JA's sister wearing that "survivor" shirt was deplorable but somehow I am not shocked. Her family could have been there to support JA and ALSO been respectful of Travis' family. No such luck. I'm glad I am not them. I would be unable to sleep at night.

Ok, I think that is all I can say, with the exception of all the other things that would surely earn me a TO....

Oh, and this afternoon I peeked in on the "other site"... Nurmi, who they despised last week is their hero again - what a shock... not. :)

On Dr. D tonight a few times it has been said that many women feel murderess rages if they get dumped or something to that effect and then went on to say..but they don't carry it out like JA did and the feeling passes or something to that effect. That is a very offensive statement to all females imho.
ITA. I was dumped numerous times in my life and I felt angry and horribly hurt. I even filled my ex husband's finest shoes with superglue when I caught him cheating. But I never once even thought about causing him bodily harm or worse. Getting hurt in relationships is part of life. We have all experienced hurt, it makes us stronger.

Wow! Great interview DB. She changed once she saw "The Secret".

And, "he left" Jodi? :what: I thought Jodi left? If so, that makes 4/4 who left Jodi and today Nurmi can't stand Jodi 11/10 days.

LOL yes, I noticed that too! She was certainly all about saving face on the stand, I don't know, I'm starting to think Jodi went into a downward spiral after Daryl dumped her (although she was probably already cheating on him at that point) .. perhaps she had a rage buildup once she tossed in Daryl and put all her eggs in the Travis basket, only to realise she wasn't going to get what she wanted there way after she dived right down into the rabbit hole chasing a man that didn't want her, and kept on diving .. exhausting her own reserves of dignity as she went .. I'm thinking back to my 20s .. I remember feeling rage after making a fool of myself for men too .. I totalled a car once in a rage. Perhaps it was just a rage killing, she'd gone completely lala over Travis, shamed herself beyond belief, and lost her damn mind.

The only way I can understand DB's interpretation of JA is that she was putting on an act for him, almost like a daughter trying to please daddy, since we know her personality is so mutable, depending on the guy she's with. Her mother, in the interrogation tapes, clearly states that JA has mental issues, that friends would call in the middle of the night saying she needs help and this seemed to be an ongoing thing for her throughout her life.

So how is it that DB would not have seen any signs of this, other than she was in some sort of state in her mental illness while with him where she was being manipulative in a different kind of way. Trying to acquiesce to him, allowing him to make all their life decisions and decide her future. Maybe he doesn't understand that her time with him was all part of whatever mental illness she has, not an exception to it.

She claimed she had a nervous breakdown after she and Daryl argued. She felt he was patronizing her.

Biggest thing that stood out for me is the question whether DB thought JA had gotten a fair trial. His answer that mentions the appeal(s) was telling.
He drank the Kool-Aid a long time ago.

Personally I would never show my face and show my support for a convicted murderer. Especially if I had kids. JA isn't DB's kid, parent, or sibling. He could have just walked away and not said anything.

I wonder if he is part of the uber-plan....go on television so people can get their hate on and then claim witness intimidation.

Right so she is completely "normal" then he "sees with his own eyes" how she changes then when she picks up gas cans she is completely "normal" again...that should have given him red flags right there!!! :facepalm:

I often wonder if he knew she had taken the gas cans. JM asked DB about Jodi returning a remote and left that hanging as to what the remote was for.

imo, female or male go get emotionally "crazy" after a break-up. Men fly into jealous raging killings also when hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew