Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND he says he left his most precious "possession/son" with her. If I was his ex wife, DB would be wearing his testicles for earrings. WHAT THE HECK?????????????????????? This is his SON he's talking about.

He paused and clearly said, "I don't want to use the word possession...."

When someone creeps you out, Aliz, go with your instincts. He creeps me out too, and here is why:

This man from a different generation picks Jodi up and strings her along for four years or more. Now he wants to say she changed overnight, well, hummmm.

First clue to the relationship is the way he refers to her as a girl. But she was a very responsible girl when she was with him; worked two jobs (he didn't have any money); was like an auntie to his son (never overstepped into a parenting role); accepted that he would not marry her and she would remain childless (so as not to take anything away from HIS son).

Then she apparently used her $12,000 savings to buy a house for them both, but when his ex moves he's just outta there so Jodi takes all the loss on this deal. But she just changed overnight, and all he can think of is it happened when she started with PPL and the Mormons.

Yeah, right Mr. B. is a gem.

Great post!! That sums up my impression of him, too. I also find odd the description of Jodi "changing" around the time she joined PPL & the Mormon Church--he describes it as completely unemotional and dry.

They lived together as a couple "in love" (his characterization) and one day she stops paying her share of the bills and forces the house into foreclosure, decides that she must become 'chaste' and he must move into a separate bedroom, etc. and it's just no big deal. That's a little strange.

I understand why her mother isn't testifying for her but why not her sister, her brother, her grandmother? I would do anything for my granddaughter or my sister or brother, they would be fighting me to keep me off the stand .. is Jodie keeping them off?
i think she is trying to keep them off to gain sympathy from the jury and re-establish that she has 'no family support'. Always the victim, huh?:facepalm:

He also contradicts himself, talking about how strange and 'sick' she had become yet insisting that she was completely normal and happy borrowing his gas cans.

I thought he also contradicted himself when he talked about how he had very little correspondence with her after they broke up. So he didn't think it was weird that someone he had so little to do with showed up to borrow gas cans from him? And how does he know how much she changed, if he had so little contact with her?

But I can't wrap my mind around breaking up with someone after several years together, not really speaking to them and then thinking it was normal they'd come over for breakfast after all that time and specifically to borrow gas cans. It's not like she was borrowing some high priced item, either.

When someone creeps you out, Aliz, go with your instincts. He creeps me out too, and here is why:

This man from a different generation picks Jodi up and strings her along for four years or more. Now he wants to say she changed overnight, well, hummmm.

First clue to the relationship is the way he refers to her as a girl. But she was a very responsible girl when she was with him; worked two jobs (he didn't have any money); was like an auntie to his son (never overstepped into a parenting role); accepted that he would not marry her and she would remain childless (so as not to take anything away from HIS son).

Then she apparently used her $12,000 savings to buy a house for them both, but when his ex moves he's just outta there so Jodi takes all the loss on this deal. But she just changed overnight, and all he can think of is it happened when she started with PPL and the Mormons.

Yeah, right Mr. B. is a gem.

I didn't buy it!
Jodie had relationship issues with all her men. She was manipulative bossy and controlling! How is it he's trying to,portray her in a different light.
Listening to dr drew her testimony ! Which part put up with, she says to juan.
Come on how is it she was obnoxious to all her men but he was the exception.

Donnareit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetiemom View Post
Something very off about this man to me. He doesn't sound a thing like he did he he testified earlier. He apparently still drinks the koolaid. Maybe he is looking for his 15 minutes of "fame"?
Quote:
So this man from a different generation strings Jodi along, and now he wants to say she changed overnight, well, hummmm. First clue to the relationship is the way he refers to her as a girl. But she was a very responsible girl when she was with him; worked two jobs (he didn't have any money); was like an auntie to his son (never overstepped into a parenting role); accepted that he would not marry her and she would remain childless (so as not to take anything away from HIS son). Then she apparently used her $12,000 savings to buy a house for them both, but when he ex moves he's just outta there so Jodi takes all the loss on this deal. But she just changed overnight, and all he can think of is it happened when she started with PPL and the Mormons. Yeah, right Mr. B. is a gem.

Bumped this from last thread. I don't believe Mr. B one bit. JA asked MM for help, I am sure she asked DB as well.

Is this where the Judge pulls Jodi into the chambers and asks her what her wishes are at this point? She says yes, judge orders a mental evaluation and asks her again. On the record and all. Didn't CA do this and Perry ordered a ME? I'd set the record if so. jmo

Thank you, Dr. Drew. The mob mentality is exactly the point I was making here earlier today.

Do you mean the mob of media and their relentless, shameless coverage of the trial?

Or the make-believe mob of monsters who threatened the lives of potential character witnesses for the defense?

Let's be fair. He specifically did not use the word "possession". He said it was his "son", and he trusted her. Obviously, he is not a good judge of character, but he went out of his way not to refer to his son as a possession.

Maybe we need to stop bashing DB. He's not on trial and he didn't kill Travis. JMO
I know the rules as reposted today are that we aren't to sleuth the 'other players' and I took that to mean we don't bash them there either. JMO

Wow! Great interview DB. She changed once she saw "The Secret".

And, "he left" Jodi? :what: I thought Jodi left? If so, that makes 4/4 who left Jodi and today Nurmi can't stand Jodi 11/10 days.

Great post!! That sums up my impression of him, too. I also find odd the description of Jodi "changing" around the time she joined PPL & the Mormon Church--he describes it as completely unemotional and dry.

They lived together as a couple "in love" (his characterization) and one day she stops paying her share of the bills and forces the house into foreclosure, decides that she must become 'chaste' and he must move into a separate bedroom, etc. and it's just no big deal. That's a little strange.

I wonder if he is afraid of her? Like she knows something incriminating about him that she would make public if he didnt support her.

So I'm probably going to have rotten tomatoes thrown at me for saying this, but Mark Eiglarsh just said something now on DD that made me think.

Take out JA and what would you think if that were someone you cared about on the stand? So I thought about my sister (who is a totally grounded woman, just using her as an example). Granted, I'd be absolutely mortified and disgusted, and NOT making excuses for her, but I think I'd try to appeal to the jury to spare her life.

I don't know, he just really made me think when he brought that up.

BUT she DID have people to speak for her...therein lies the issue...WHY DIDN'T THEY SPEAK on her behalf...they had choices to do it in open court or in a sealed preceding...JM is not to blame which is one of the reasons KN gave (JM will do his job and cross examine the witnesses, its HIS JOB) the other that she was threatened (no proof of course).

I thought he also contradicted himself when he talked about how he had very little correspondence with her after they broke up. So he didn't think it was weird that someone he had so little to do with showed up to borrow gas cans from him? And how does he know how much she changed, if he had so little contact with her?

But I can't wrap my mind around breaking up with someone after several years together, not really speaking to them and then thinking it was normal they'd come over for breakfast after all that time and specifically to borrow gas cans. It's not like she was borrowing some high priced item, either.

Oh something just occurred to me? Do ya think martinez was going to bring up the remote control she returned to Daryl? Maybe juan found something damaging and possibly regarding the DVD stolen and the remote.
Is it possible ya think?

Wow whoever that lady in Dr. D's panel is today...she has AWESOME eyes!

He paused and clearly said, "I don't want to use the word possession...."
Yes, I know he said that, but still - if I knew that an ex of mine had murdered someone out of revenge and I had left my child in their possession I'd be horrified. I can understand if you accidentally kill someone trying to protect yourself or your family from a rape, robbery, break in or assault. But to stick up for someone who has committed murder on a helpless individual in cold blood by saying that you trusted them with your child?? It shows me something about his character and thinking pattern...

He creeps me out some how. He is so much older than Killer

Everytime I think of Darryl marrying Jodi and getting p.g. with his little son in tow, it reminds me of a horrible future for DB's little boy. <shivers>

I have to think if the DT didn't want the only witness to speak on JA's behalf to appear in court...she must have something planned for tomorrow, won't even guess what it could be. Whatever it is - in her mind she has to be in control - as usual, and she is going to do whatever she has to ..to be in control.

Something creeps me out about DB. I think he is being very dishonest.

Certainly, CMja has a history of strange behavior with her own family. DB must have had to deal with some BPD antics if he lived with her for four years.

Wow, I can't understand how he ever would trust her enough with his son in her care. Which Jodi did he know? Not the Jodi I know way too much about. She didn't change suddenly, I am sure of that. I just don't believe him about anything now.

Plus, he sounds like her blaming all kinds of influences he think changed her - the Mormons, PPL, and the Law of Attraction. Cuddle the killer, she needs help.

Exclusive: Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend says what he couldn't in court

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130520jodi-arias-darryl-brewer-interview.html

So, PPL and the Mormon church is the catalyst for Jodi's behaviour.

The only way I can understand DB's interpretation of JA is that she was putting on an act for him, almost like a daughter trying to please daddy, since we know her personality is so mutable, depending on the guy she's with. Her mother, in the interrogation tapes, clearly states that JA has mental issues, that friends would call in the middle of the night saying she needs help and this seemed to be an ongoing thing for her throughout her life.

So how is it that DB would not have seen any signs of this, other than she was in some sort of state in her mental illness while with him where she was being manipulative in a different kind of way. Trying to acquiesce to him, allowing him to make all their life decisions and decide her future. Maybe he doesn't understand that her time with him was all part of whatever mental illness she has, not an exception to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz