Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
both parts of todays issues now on croakerqueens youtube page
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5AxTUyxh5E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5AxTUyxh5E[/ame]

PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2 PART 2
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvcrEx9T7Y

Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
I wonder, wonder if there is a death penalty opponent on the jury who covertly went through the process knowing they would never give death.

I absolutely believe it is possible. In fact, the other day I was reading someone's blog, er FB (totally not related to this case) and there were tons of comments of people saying that they would try and get on a jury to either get some defendants off or away from the DP because they were so against it and so against government and law enforcement.

there is a fragment of society who would do these things and it is what makes me leery of the jury system. we are dealing with humans who may or may not be honest.

im not saying I absolutely believe it is the case here, but I believe it happens more than anyone may want to admit.

im very jaded and not very trusting of people (look at my title under my name).....I don't put anything past anyone anymore. ive seen way too much in this life to walk around just trusting people just because...

I have always thought that the First Degree conviction was the VICTORY here. That was Justice for Travis.
I feel like the DP is such a personal decision.
I truthfully, laid awake at night, begging and hoping that the Alexanders would see it that way. They don't and that's understandable. My heart breaks for them. I wish I could hug them.

I just don't get it. If the the murder one conviction is just lip service what is the point? Sorry, that just doesn't make sense to me. It was murder one and especially cruel. And the defendant has no remorse. In my opinion, victory is making sure this woman never has her freedom ever again.

The jury, in past decisions, has been aided by shoving down a meal. I got the distinct impression that a hungry jury was a quibbling, indecisive jury. Now they are restored by lunch, it will be possible for them to form one mind. They've done it before.

From your lips to Gods ears! :scared::scared::scared:

Rose
PRAYERS FROM OUR LIPS TO GODS THRONE.
Absolutely! This has to be about Travis and justice. I don't see any change in her absolutely no remorse. I'm glad the guy from GMA. Didn't hold back with his questioning.
Did you see her horns sprout? She called him a hatter and she wouldn't of ever given him an interview had she known he wouldn't thread lightly in her presence.

If zero tolerance of savage murderers makes me a hater then I'm proud to be one! :seeya:

Come on jury! We want a verdict! :please:

Funny thing talking about Juan and the State offering a LWOP deal if the jury comes back hung. I have a gut feeling the murderess would say NO to a deal and take her chances with another jury knowing that if she could somehow hang the second jury, she'll have the slimmest of chance that Judge Stephens could give her LWP and the chance to get out eventually. I wouldn't put it past her.

Nothing phases the evil one absolutely nothing I just have never seen anyone like her and hope I don't ever do again. I won't be following another trial.
Emotionally draining.

It makes me ill to think she may live to a ripe old age. I will admit I'm not horrified by the idea that one day, in prison, she'll annoy the wrong person and learn what 29 stabs (albeit with a shiv) feels like. :facepalm:

There have been a few TH's who say that once the Judge gives jurors the advice to work on finding a decision, that 70% of the time this happens the jury will reach a decision. Any thoughts, any lawyers thoughts, anyone...

The jury, in past decisions, has been aided by shoving down a meal. I got the distinct impression that a hungry jury was a quibbling, indecisive jury. Now they are restored by lunch, it will be possible for them to form one mind. They've done it before.

Can look at it many ways. I know some Judges where I'm at that won't get juries food, figuring they'll reach a decision once they are hungry enough. Obviously, they don't let that go on forever and literally starve the jury.

lets look at it this way,

some folks on that jury voted for death.

Funny thing talking about Juan and the State offering a LWOP deal if the jury comes back hung. I have a gut feeling the murderess would say NO to a deal and take her chances with another jury knowing that if she could somehow hang the second jury, she'll have the slimmest of chance that Judge Stephens could give her LWP and the chance to get out eventually. I wouldn't put it past her.

Yeah any things possible

You're right. She has absolutely nothing to lose by not agreeing.

Why do I feel like someone on the Jury was bluffing their answer regarding the questions asked of them in December.....
Specifically......
Could you vote someone to death?

It makes me ill to think she may live to a ripe old age. I will admit I'm not horrified by the idea that one day, in prison, she'll annoy the wrong person and learn what 29 stabs (albeit with a shiv) feels like. :facepalm:

Lol :floorlaugh:

Of course she'd say NO. She wants to inflict pain on as many people as possible. She is the proverbial cockroach and there's no way of getting rid of her. God, this Jury CANNOT be hung!:banghead::banghead:

What happened to that website where we could watch HLN? It's not working anymore. :maddening::tears:

If I have to watch the reruns of Jodi's jovial exchange with the bailiff? one more time I think I might stroke out!!

Why do I feel like someone on the Jury was bluffing their answer regarding the questions asked of them in December.....
Specifically......
Could you vote someone to death?

Exactly I don't get it:seeya:

I don't usually pray, but today I am. I want justice for Travis's family and justice for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther