Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an open suggestion to HLN: Quit the wall-to-wall JA coverage when NOTHING IS GOING ON.

We get the storyline-- JVM, CMJA laughing in court with lawyers, Jean C, CMJA media blitz, your "experts", *BREAKING NEWS*: Jury takes bathroom break, back to JVM, replay CMJA giggling and laughing with court deputy, back to Jean C, repeat, wash, recycle, rinse, repeat.

Seriously. We get it.

I'm pretty sure there are other news stories to cover. Maybe one or two. So step away from the JA coverage until something actually happens and bring us BREAKING NEWS when there's some news that breaks.

Thanks so much,

Lotus P. Print

I don't think the judge would say 'I understand your hung' if it wasn't the case.

....got.to.resist.
....hard.not.to.
....make.inappropriate.
....comment.

Can't!

I imagine Sleuth5 would die to hear JSS say this to him.

LOL

Can a juror quit? Like say... one juror refuses to issue a death penalty verdict and all the rest want to do that, what would happen if that juror just said forget it and walked out?

a jurior the foreman quit in scott peterson

I think it's kind of odd that the jurors were seen carrying in bags of food, as if they expected a long day. Then the judge calls them into the courtroom to read the instruction that she missed yesterday. Then only a short while later they sent the note saying they couldn't come to a unanimous decision -- it's not as if it were a long amount of time. I find it hard to believe that they came to this conclusion so quickly. I'm wondering if, like some have said, it was just a question of what if, not that they can't. It all just seems bizarre to me. On the other hand, I can't imagine the judge misreading what they were implying. :dunno:

Really good point about bringing in bags of food for a working lunch then throwing in the towel shortly after they began deliberating. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe JSS was essentially saying to them-- don't you DARE think about coming back hung.

Of course the media would run with the sky is falling version. More drama, more viewers, more money.

Only problem is that an alternate was seen looking at Jodi and her family INSTEAD of the Alexander family. The rest of the jurors were seen looking at the Alexander family.

I did not know about the alternate scenario that people are referring to... so you are saying if there is one hold out - they can remove that person and replace them with an alternate? I've NEVER heard of that before!

I thought the same thing!!!!! She will live her life in jail, just as she did on the outside. A leopard does not change it's spots.
:stormingmad:

Ted Bundy fathered a child while he was on death row. Jodi could have a whole freaking Brady Bunch in there if she gets life. Think about that for a minute and you won't sleep for a month.

Jodi is in for a big surprise. She does not know it yet, but a prison official said jodi will go into maximum security if she gets life. He said no book clubs for jodi. She will be in a cell all by herself. No contact with other inmates. Think about it. Who usually gets max security? IMO they are watching her current behavior and they are planning to shut her down. The circus is leaving town.:seeya:

Yes, but I have heard that after a few years if the convict does well and is on good behavior, then they take them to an "easier" prison.....

OP cites AZCentral with this information...

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”It was signed by juror No.18.

I wonder if anyone is reading the above quote like I am...

If I read the above quoted information right, it looks like the question may be related to confusion as to the forms anddocumentation process in the EVENT they cannot reach a unanimous decision, RIGHT?

I mean it just doesn't fit with this jury giving up after just a couple of hours. IDK

Guys, seriously don't you think this was a clarification question rather than saying they were actually hung. THINK about it, this jury has asked 100's of questions throughout this trial, why would they just throw in the towel so easily??? It really doesn't make sense...

I grew up near Woodbine and O'Connor in the Beach area of Toronto (Woodbine and Queen). I sold my home there a few years ago. I'm in California now. My whole family is still there and I go back frequently. Any questions you need answered?

No, but thanks!!! I have 3 sets of Aunts & Uncles and about 20 first cousins. Had a 4th set, but they are deceased. Been going there all of my life, most every year, some years up to 3 - 4 trips. It is about 550 miles and I am driving my 92 yo uncle and 85 yo aunt to visit another aunt who has terminal cancer but is doing reasonably well, not currently under treatment. Was there 3 times last year, during her treatments. But thanks again, I have 2 sets of aunts & Unc's right in that area and 3 cousins. Just curious if any Sleuthers would be in that neighborhood. :seeya:

I understand not all capital murder cases need DP. Not all cases are clearcut. I get it can be hard to impose it even if you believe in it. However if after seeing that self-serving narcicisstic lying thesis yesterday ....after seeing this trial, pictures, Stephen's impact statement, and you want to give her life so she can live as St. Jodi of Arias....good grief. That is all I can say.

PLEASE READ THIS AND BREEEEEAAAATHE
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

Thanks for this!!!! I feel a bit better. :seeya:

I tried to watch Convicted Killer statement before the Jury and all i heard was..blah blah..me..blah blah..me..blah blah..me...I couldn't get past 5 mins of her self serving praise of why she should get life. I think its ironic that NO ONE would give testimony on her behalf. But then again, she is Einstein and doesn't need anyone. In her mind, she is the only one that can communicate with herself intelligently and will agree with everything she says and thinks. blah blah..me...blah blah...Im pretty...blah blah..I will donate my hair...<------big lie....

they've been out a long time since judge sherry stuck the stick of dynamite up their butts.

so we know they're really trying. i'm sure the last thing they want is not to see this through.

Ted Bundy fathered a child while he was on death row. Jodi could have a whole freaking Brady Bunch in there if she gets life. Think about that for a minute and you won't sleep for a month.

Prison should require a chastity belt.

So obviously we won't have a verdict today.....

Wonder if Jodi has some interviews lined up for tonight?

Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member