Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok sleuthers........it's time to cook dinner for the hive.......these people that call me mom think they should eat EVERYDAY......geeezzzz:floorlaugh:

c'mon......let's all go to the kitchen............<donning wireless headphones>

livestreaming hln and wild........fingers crossed :rockon:

Thanks for posting the link. I had stopped watching any of her interviews because it is too nauseating and infuriating to listen to her but this clip made me feel good! I love how they say she was kind enough to bring a sample of the Survivor shirt to show the jury and otherwise ridicule her.

Then when he asks if we should feel safe if CMja is released from the four walls of prison she says yes, "If you're not abusing me and attacking me and threatening to kill my life, there's no reason to fear."

"Kill my life"? LOL, that is a new one!

Thanks for this post. It prompted me to listen to this again. The "kill my life" says a lot to me considering the text Travis sent about exposing her.

Pretty scary that she put ANY qualifiers on that answer. I wish this was being played OVER and OVER and OVER on the media. YIKES!!!

Murder = Homicide, an illegal, criminal act; Deliberate actions which result in the death of an 'innocent' human being -- In this case, premeditated and especially cruel; i.e., 29 stab wounds, many of which were defensive, a slashed throat and a bullet through the brain.

Execution = Justice, a legal act; Sentence carried out under a societal system of law and order whereby a guilty murderer/ess is executed pursuant to legal conviction by a jury of peers.

I'm surprised when folks don't see the distinction.

There are 'just' wars as well, but that will remain off topic here.

Oh, you mean it's a simple matter of definition? If only I had know, I could've been pro-death penalty all along, and enjoyed all the pleasures such a stance seems to bring. I wish all ethical dilemmas could be solved with a dictionary!

I heard earlier that the court staff and security will be there tomorrow so I don't see why not.

...and WAT just tweeted that the bailiff and court clerk were looking at a map of the courthouse... maybe deciding which room to open up for them that will require the least amount of security???

:truce: I'm changing the Juanettes Kickline from DP to JU => Jury Unanimity. I will be fine with whatever this jury decides, as long as they are unanimous! I can't imagine the Alexander family having to endure another several weeks of trial with a new penalty phase jury. :(

Again, everyone's invited to join... NO AUDITION NECESSARY!

So far, the kickline members are basilcat, EGirl, rose222 (granted special permission to dance out of sync in the wings), scorekeeper, and me. Please correct me if I missed anyone...

:juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes:

LOL. I think Hopeful One would like to join but I don't even know where she is! And TXProfessional perhaps?

I just turned some really upbeat Irish folk music on to lighten the atmosphere and my dog is running around sort of keeping with the rhythm.. it's kinda brilliant. I wish I could share her groovy moves with you all!

:juanettes: Canine Juannettes!

BBM. If the jury hands down a Life sentence, there is no consultation with anyone. It's the jury's decision, not the family's, or Juan's. The only thing following that is JSS deciding whether it's LWOP or life with the possibility of pareole.

I'm sorry that my post was not more clear. I meant that, if the jury is divided with the majority preferring a life sentence over the DP, wouldn't the Judge be notified that there are just one or two holdouts? I realize that, if the jury comes back with a unanimous LIFE verdict, it will be entirely in the Judge's hands.

Well I guess I have missed nothing in the couple of hours I have been away. Still in deliberation.

My list is more like:
1. Read WS non-stop
2. Swig wine
3. Pace
4. Swig wine
5. Post some inanity on WS
6. Swig wine
7. Pace
8. Swig wine
9. Find a new candle and light it
10. Swig wine

I'll breathe when we get a verdict, lol.

:floorlaugh:
who needs to breathe when you can swig wine?

Hmm interesting Dana Perrino just said on The Five her mother spanked her with a wooden spoon.. Hmm She was White House Press Secretary & now news analyst..

Soooo... I think that negates one of CMCHJA mitigating factors rightttttttt? Not everyone spanked with wooden spoon go & kill someone 3 ways to Sunday cuz they didn't wanna go steady anymore! Just say'n.. JMO

My mother spanked my bottom with a wooden spoon or a hair brush. Whatever was handy at the time. My father used a yardstick at the DR table to keep us all in line. This was a means of discipline if we were misbehaving. We were a family of 10 children growing up in the 50's. We are all high achiever's and in long-term relationships and the siblings love one another unconditionally. JA's claim of child abuse never held any water for me!

I heard earlier that the court staff and security will be there tomorrow so I don't see why not.

Hi Schuby!
JSS did say the jury could make their own schedule. I don't think it would be surprising at all for them to request a Friday work day to avoid taking this home with them for the long weekend. I would.

The Lord has made Himself known: He works judgment; the wicked man is snared by his own devices. (Psalm 9)

I asked you last time and I am asking again. Please keep re-posting that. Thank you BetteDavisEyes!

Now we're seeing tweets that according to the Public Information Officer there may be deliberations on Friday. The key word being MAY.
I saw that too, and mentioned it in a later post. The jury can decide whether they want to deliberate on Friday or not. If they feel they are close and have the stamina to do so, then perhaps they will.

Just as an FYI to anyone interested...I served as foreperson on a jury last summer. We sent a note twice to the judge saying that we were hung. After the second note, he called us back to the courtroom and went through instructions with us again. We finally reached a guilty verdict. The deliberations should have taken 5 minutes ( VERY clear evidence) but we had one holdout that had dug his heels in. It took us two days, but we got there. I'm holding out hope for these jurors as well.

Thanks for this post ColtsFan and welcome to our group! :seeya:

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

It was with a female interviewer--maybe the first interview? I didn't see the entire interview (no way am I going to watch any of them in their entirety), just a clip from it on HLN.

BTW: It's funny that we all hate HLN (except for Mark Eiglarsh), yet we watch it!

BBM
. . . a lot of the time I want to throw something at my TV when HLN is on, and I certainly have a few people on there who I will not miss once this trial is over. JC and her constant dramatic speculations and her flip-flopping, and most of the time she seems to be pro-defense. Why is it so many on HLN are so L-O-U-D???? I want to ask them to please use inside voices :) However, in spite of some of the ones I don't care for I give a lot of credit to the hours they are keeping - early in the morning to late at night, and JVM out in the hot local weather with long sleeves - it can't be fun to be standing outside day after day in this heat while we wait for this slow penalty decision.

I probably will go back to not watching Dr. Drew after this trial as there's something about him that makes me uncomfortable - I don't know if it's his speech pattern and/or the content of his opinions, but there is definitely something that makes me want to say "let others speak, please" - love Mark Eiglarsh and a few of the psychologists on there, but I don't see why Dr. D utilizes a co-host as there are already too many talking heads on there.

One of my favorites of course is Beth Karas, a classy, unbiased journalist and I hope we see more of her in the future.

:seeya:

BBM: And that is exactly what JA wants -- and unfortunately, the convicted murderer will thrive on this because the focus will be on her !

It will be a major cluster mess !

And it will continue the nightmare for the Alexander Family !

I hope and :please::please::please: that there is no deadlock for the Alexander Family ...

The only solution IMO is a DP Verdict ... :waitasec: like yesterday ...

:moo:

What she wants or doesn't want is thankfully completely irrelevant. Who cares. If the jury ultimately deadlocks or returns with life instead of the DP, I am confident it won't be because of anything she did or said.

It will be because the people deliberating are moral and ethical and have empathy, all of which she is entirely devoid of.

Vinnie Politan &#8207;@VinniePolitan 16s
#JodiArias court reporter summoned to courtroom.... Stand by...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member