Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really troubles me when the talking heads and lawyers on HLN talk about JA not being the worst of the worst compared to serial killers etc. and perhaps getting Life.

The fact that they 'count' the number of people one murders angers me. Each person is a human life and killing one person should define one as not being the worst of the worst. If 29 stabs wounds and a gun shot to kill a man doesn't qualify her for that what does 30 stabs, 35 stabs?????

It just took longer to catch the person killing more than one person.

ITA.

While I naturally have a certain reaction to crimes against children and the elderly (and brutality against pets too, if I'm being honest) and I think that's common, I also think society tends to write off crimes against adult males as less cruel or severe.
There's a whole mindset that goes along with that -- when adult males go missing to Domestic violence against men, so forth and so on -- not equal attention, not viewed the same, different reactions to their perpetrators. I find this unacceptable. A life is a life, a victim is a victim, and justice should be justice.

I don't believe it either. Hair doesn't grow that fast. But, I would love to see Jodi with short hair. jmo

The only thing I ever want to see of this evil, lying, manipulative murderer is the picture they take when she gets to prison that has the word "CONDEMNED."

If I was on that jury and saw the pony-tailed, sans glasses done up Jodi, I'd feel like she was giving me a major 'FU, idiot!'

Jodi WILL kill again if she is released. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Just spoke with my son (he calls his mama to let her know he's OK) and he said it rain for about three hours with marble size hail, but it didn't stop them.. continue to pray for those in Moore Oklahoma. My son said it is total devastation, much worse than Joplin MO.

Please tell your son thank you for his service! It's utter devastation. They need all the help they can get. It's hit my family really hard...personally. They know one of the deceased. :cry: Their house was spared but the entire neighborhood is gone. So random.

Unfortunately, the looters, gawkers, and even the Westboro idiots have shown up. :furious:

Praying your son stays safe and again, thank you!

It really troubles me when the talking heads and lawyers on HLN talk about JA not being the worst of the worst compared to serial killers etc. and perhaps getting Life.

The fact that they 'count' the number of people one murders angers me. Each person is a human life and killing one person should define one as not being the worst of the worst. If 29 stabs wounds and a gun shot to kill a man doesn't qualify her for that what does 30 stabs, 35 stabs?????

It just took longer to catch the person killing more than one person.

I think that society has become desensitized to crime and the excessive and increasingly disturbing acts that are committed every day. Just read the news headlines. Perhaps this is one of the problems with what the talking heads are discussing.

However, just because JA does not have a criminal record, isn't a serial killer, killer of multiple victims, or killer of children doesn't mean her crime is lessoned.

She planned a murder and carried it out and it was extremely cruel in nature and her victim suffered greatly and his family continues to suffer and will throughout their life. Her one murderous act should not be discounted.

Before I post what they are talking about in the video

I need to ask a mod if I can post first

cause I know what they are discussing

Mod???

If this is re: lip reading JA talking to attorney, IMO (not a mod or lawyer, just lay person who doesn't want to jeopardize a trial or WS forum) I would not speculate. Attorney-client privilege is sacred and WS's could get in some sort of trouble? MOO

WOW!
HLN just reported that during her allocution JA mentioned herself 180 times and mentioned Travis 27 times.
Ugh.

Who trains reporters nowadays?

HLN just had a local channel 5 guy there who said that he was in the courtroom this a.m.

He claims that the torture murderess was back to the quiet, non-reacting, schoolmarm Jodi -- glasses and all.

When you watch the video, you see that her hair is pulled back into a ponytail, she looks up, smiles, appears to concentrate, and she never wore glasses at any point in this a.m.'s proceedings.

I'm just glad that he's not a 'witless' in an actual trial.

If I was on that jury and saw the pony-tailed, sans glasses done up Jodi, I'd feel like she was giving me a major 'FU, idiot!'

I don't think the jury was in the room this AM and IIRC she had a ponytail yesterday but when jury came in, she put glasses on.

My puppy (10 year old German shepherd) might have cancer :( I hate this day! :(
(((HUG))) I'm so sorry for you. I Had the exact same diagnosis with my 10 year old Spring Spaniel in October of last year.

:(

If this is re: lip reading JA talking to attorney, IMO (not a mod or lawyer, just lay person who doesn't want to jeopardize a trial or WS forum) I would not speculate. Attorney-client privilege is sacred and WS's could get in some sort of trouble? MOO

I know-That is why I wanted to ask a mod first

and not post until I knew for sure

It just took me forever to get to this page. I was in panic mode.

the defense lawyer business must be slow. why are these guys on HLN all day? giving their sermons about the evils of the death penalty?

do they get paid to be there? is this cates guy on the payroll? is it free advertising for them? don't they have an office missing a lawyer somewhere? aren't there client phone calls to return? briefs to file?

can you tell they irritate the FIRE outta me?????

Oh I believe she will too. Simply because she has no remorse at all and she has convinced herself she had a good reason.

Ugh. I'm trying to write this case study for school and keep checking in "for a minute" and stay way too long! Come on, jury!!! My GPA is going to suffer if this trial doesn't end soon!

I'd like to have the LAPD treat her like a King.

Oh hell, I just snorted a little tea into my nose.

:floorlaugh:

Before I post what they are talking about in the video

I need to ask a mod if I can post first

cause I know what they are discussing

Mod???
Perhaps you could give us a general description rather than verbatim. Or just say something like " nothing to worry about " :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419