Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seemed unfair to me too. We must not know the whole story. It seems he paid them so maybe they assisted him knowing he had just committed a crime of some sort as determined by the police. :waitasec:

In his confession Joran says he told the taxi driver "I committed a homicide and killed a person. I need to leave Peru." The taxi driver then demanded $1,500 but Joran could only get $500 from the ATM so he gave him the other stuff too. This, of course, if we believe Joran, so who really knows.

Not sure if this has been brought up ..
but since the accused are in prison for such a long time before they go to trial ..I guess they do not have have a Bondsman or Bail system there?

(snipped)
"The Peruvian Criminal Justice System and Prison Conditions...

Reported by [the US] State Dept., March, 2010

A functioning bail system exists, but many poor defendants lacked the means to post bail.

By law detainees are allowed access to a lawyer and to family members.

Lengthy pretrial detention was a problem.....61 percent of those in prison were awaiting trial, the majority for between one and two years. The law requires release of prisoners who have been held more than 18 months without being sentenced; the period is extended to 36 months in complex cases."

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2010/6/5/43941/28113

I certainly hope bail doesn't apply in Joran's case. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere pertaining to him, or anyone else for that matter. Besides, where would he get the bail money??? His mother is still looking for funds to hire a lawyer.

Five years ago Joran's family and friends surely thought they were doing him a favor by making Natalee's case "go away". Ultimately, those decisions led him to a much worse place today. Now, he WISHES he was in a prison in Aruba!

On another note:

John Ludwick, the guest on NG last night who was defending Joran accepted my friend request on Facebook. I was very surprised that he did so.

He is glorifying in his new found fame. He mentioned that he will be on the show in a few days.

One of his friends said maybe you'll be in a movie now, his response, "I hope so".

Are you talking about that kid on Nancy Grace last who was such
'good buddies' with Joran. I loved the part where Nancy Grace asked him what attracted him to a murderer (or something like that) and all he could say is that Joran was a fun guy to be with.

Ok. I want to rant on about what an idiot this kid is......but I won't. I hope he doesn't get another interview anywhere.

I was just being a smarty .. wanted to use my little pic,,

But I was curious so I hit up Webster

I bet he will pray to something or someone you are right about that !!

No it wouldn't hurt a bit ..

Main Entry: 1ag·nos·tic
Pronunciation: \ag-ˈnäs-tik, əg-\
1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
2 : a person unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>

The judge will have to make a series of measures, including reconstruction of the crime and the confrontation of the Dutchman with the taxi drivers that led him to Tacna, where he fled to Chile. It transpired that Van der Sloot said that they knew that he fled because he has committed a crime, but these have denied it.

I am assuming from this that JVDS threw the cab drivers under the bus.

http://translate.google.com/transla...obrino-toledo-violacion&sourceid=ie8-activity

Thanks Nums, I had to go back and find this. I am impressed with how well the Peru legal system seems to be working. However, after listening to NG -I think JVDS will try to sweeten the deal with this new lawyer.

<snip>
The judge will have to make a series of measures, including reconstruction of the crime and the confrontation of the Dutchman with the taxi drivers that led him to Tacna, where he fled to Chile.
Trascendió que Van der Sloot declaró que ellos sabían que huía por haber cometido un crimen; sin embargo, estos lo han negado.​
It transpired that Van der Sloot said that they knew that he fled because he has committed a crime, but these have denied it.
Según informó “Perú.21”, el juzgado también efectuará pericias psicológicas y psiquiátricas y ordenará análisis del contenido del disco duro de la laptop del acusado.​
Reported "Perú.21, the court also be psychological and psychiatric expertise and order analysis of the hard drive of the laptop of the accused.
<snip>

On NG: wondering if JVDS will try and get-
3 part deal - Peru
2nd-case in Aruba
3rd-extradiction to the US

Has anybody here signed up for the new NH site?

http://www.mayday360.com/

Also the NHRC [Natalee Holloway Resource Center] has also released an iPhone app. PRNewsWire has a press release stating

Defentect Group, Inc. Launches DefenCall, the First Personal Panic Button Application of Its Kind for SmartPhone Users

I don't think you get pancreatic cancer from eating foreign food.

Sometimes I wonder. I was diagnosed with colon cancer when I was only 42 and I was often sick with stomach probs in Thailand. One time I got very sick and traced it to rancid oil (using oil over and over to cook new food). I've often wondered if something happened to spark it there. Then, to make matters worse, I had a heck of a time getting diagnosed because I was on the youngish side for that disease. Never have returned to the good health I once had. On the other hand, sometimes I think I ate healthier there than I do here at home as fresh fruit is abundant there, etc. There's no way to know the reason really.

Are you talking about that kid on Nancy Grace last who was such
'good buddies' with Joran. I loved the part where Nancy Grace asked him what attracted him to a murderer (or something like that) and all he could say is that Joran was a fun guy to be with.

Ok. I want to rant on about what an idiot this kid is......but I won't. I hope he doesn't get another interview anywhere.

Yes, that guy.

He is getting tons of friends requests and also people are telling him how great he was on Nancy Grace and how he stood up to her; and that no one had ever stood up to her like he did. The general commentary on his page is that he stood up for his friend as he knew him back then, and Joran was never actually convicted of anything.

There's a lot of very rude comments that I won't repeat here. But, was curious about what he might say on Facebook.

There is a comment about NG mentioning the subpoena and how he shouldn't make any comments on his page just to be safe, but that was laughed and joked away. They are not taking it seriously at all.

I didn't quite understand either what the reporter was saying about the food. I thought Joran was afraid of food poisoning, and that being the reason for him eating what the prison personnel are fed. I hadn't heard anything up to now about ones body not assimilating to the native diet and becoming ill. MOO

It is generally the unboiled water that makes you sick in many countries. As to Joran, only wanting to eat the food that the guards have, it sounds like he expects deliberate food poinsoning. Heck, they(the guards) might pee or spit on it or even more disgusting practices before they give it to him. Not any different than complaining for no reason in an American restaurant.
He really must live in agony since he judges everybody by the way he would behave in similar circumstances.

Five years ago Joran's family and friends surely thought they were doing him a favor by making Natalee's case "go away". Ultimately, those decisions led him to a much worse place today. Now, he WISHES he was in a prison in Aruba!
If that sure isn't the truth!

I can't get this picture out of my mind...
The three gourmands of Castro Castro, JVDS, Luis Valdez, and Trujillo Ospina...sitting together with their little tv trays in front of them, each giving their critique of the evening meal.

Wonder what they are watching on TV together? Soccer? And they're betting on the game, no doubt. Winner gets the last of the toilet tissue.

Can't help it. Today's events, with the Aruba attorney flying in, etc. is driving me crazy.

Yes, that guy.

He is getting tons of friends requests and also people are telling him how great he was on Nancy Grace and how he stood up to her; and that no one had ever stood up to her like he did. The general commentary on his page is that he stood up for his friend as he knew him back then, and Joran was never actually convicted of anything.

There's a lot of very rude comments that I won't repeat here. But, was curious about what he might say on Facebook.

There is a comment about NG mentioning the subpoena and how he shouldn't make any comments on his page just to be safe, but that was laughed and joked away. They are not taking it seriously at all.
People are actually telling him he stood up to Nancy Grace. LOL! LOL! This is my edited version of what this kid said "I am a party boy with no morals. I don't care if he killed somebody he is fun to be with!" Just shows Vandersloot himself is an idiot and he surrounds himself with idiots.

On another note:

John Ludwick, the guest on NG last night who was defending Joran accepted my friend request on Facebook. I was very surprised that he did so.

He is glorifying in his new found fame. He mentioned that he will be on the show in a few days.

One of his friends said maybe you'll be in a movie now, his response, "I hope so".

I wonder what he'll end up being sentenced for.:eek:

Woe.Be.Gone,
I am so sorry to hear of your health issues, I pray that you are well! ((hugs)))

I know radaronline is considered a gossip site, but here is a completely translated version of JVDS confession. This is the first place I have seen it ALL translated:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...r-sloots-confession-read-entire-document-here

Thank you, Nums again!

what does this mean, anyone? From article above:

26. Is it true that you then have attracted her clothes and if so, why?
- I really do not know, but I think so. It was after her to have slain. It was her pants and her shoes, but nothing else. I do not know why I did it.

A caller to JVM just pointed out that the rm # was 5 next to the rm door when he was knocking with coffee...5 yrs, rm 5...what is up with his #5 deal.

Kind of like "I saw 3".................

I wonder what he'll end up being sentenced for.:eek:

With any luck, obstruction of justice.

Not sure if there is a penal code for being an idiot to try to get your 15 minutes.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member