Photo Images inside Garrido Home

Do we know for sure that the customers were actually in the house, or maybe just in the garage or one room fixed up? My husband has a friend with OCD whose house was so bad, you could one walk in one path through the house, there was so much clutter! He was growing plants in his bathtub. We think he didn't cook much.
Garrido kept up the front of the house as not to attract attention. Probably met the PO outside and convinced him there was no need to look any further...

On several news reports customers have stated they had been to and in the house. If they really have, who knows? But more than one customer stated that. Also the neighbor who is good friends with PG's Mom, the one who states that "Nancy took such good care of her", must certainly have been in the house at some point.

I think I've figured out why this is bothering me so much. If Jaycee was working in the house every day, keeping her girls there with her, I think she would have tried to at least be able to cook for the girls and have a place where they had room to bathe and shower,

I know with all the c*** around she couldn't have done a lot, but I think she probably at least tried to keep it habitable. The girls in the picture that CM gave away or sold had clean hair and clean clothes on. Someone had to make sure that happend. I think that someone was Jaycee.

I would like to know how much access JC had to the house. All the news reports say that she lived in the backyard and had to use an outdoor toilet and campground-like shower for 18 years. I wonder if she and the girls were allowed to use the indoor facilities and maybe just slept outside and kept their stuff out there, because there wasn't enough room inside the house?

I want to agree with Billylee again about the "tile/brick" in the kitchen. I had my husband look at the photo. He's a general contractor and has built and remodeled hundreds of kitchens. He agreed that it is most likely Z-Brick from the 70's painted with a white enamel paint to make it washable. The Garridos could have easily installed it themselves he said.

My concern was that if it was tile, it looked to be recent and professionally installed. According to my husband, that's not the case. Just wanted to clear that up. One interesting point he made was that people often installed the Z-Brick over water damaged areas as I'm pretty sure that kitchen must have had, given the level of "housekeeping". He added that when removed, it often has mold behind it.

He also commented that the kitchen looks exactly like our grandchild's other grandparents' house. I know it's shocking to a lot of people that families can live like this but it does happen. Almost unbelievable but true.

I would like to know how much access JC had to the house. All the news reports say that she lived in the backyard and had to use an outdoor toilet and campground-like shower for 18 years. I wonder if she and the girls were allowed to use the indoor facilities and maybe just slept outside and kept their stuff out there, because there wasn't enough room inside the house?

Access to the house was probably limited to any chores she might need to do, and work for the printing business. Possibly they ate indoors as well, apparently their diet consisted of TV dinners and meatloaf, stuff like that, which presumably would have had to be prepared in the kitchen.

I really wish we could fine out if the Pics were before or after the LE did the search.

typical of the hippie culture? hardly...more like the homeless culture, or junkie culture...I knew lots of hippies...nothing even close to this filth.

I am an old hippie; or was one in my day :)
None of us were dirty at all. not even a little bit.
some were sometimes a little messy.
what you saw here is filth, uninhabitable filth.
Not hippie for sure.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...24812#32924812

In the newscast there's a crayon drawing on the refrigerator of butterflies.

I think PG & NG created a family for themselves and according to PG he changed so maybe he has convinced the girls that he was "healed". In his jailhouse statement he said that he has spent the past several years working on his breakthrough. I can imagine it was tough to be around him speaking in tongues and obsessed with his "invention". I can't explain it very well, but do you see where I'm going here?

Great that you spotted the butterfly pix, my2sisters. I think that the fridge is cropped out of other copies of that photograph online!!!! Just one butterfly is visible, as I remember, and I didn't know what it was. Huh.

Anyway, so now we have two children's drawings that we know of hanging up in the house - - the Angell drawing and this. Ay yi yi. I guess the parole officer never made it into the kitchen . . . or something.

PG was wrong - - it's not heartwarming, it's heartbreaking.
Well, the butterfly is a symbol of new life . . quite apt . . . let's hope . .. for the girls.

I feel for the crime scene investigators. Aside from the filth, it looks like a terribly difficult scene to process.

I feel for the crime scene investigators. Aside from the filth, it looks like a terribly difficult scene to process.
I DON"T feel for the crime scene investigators one iota. I feel for a child/woman who grew up in tents in a backyard and who gave birth to children as a result of rape. A "difficult scene to process"..yep, surely. How about a "difficult scene to process" for those who were abused and lived (thankfully) to tell their tale?

MOO

I hope that this family manages to find peace and I truly hope that, unfortunately - in order to do so, that they realize that the world is waiting to hear and digest this sordid tale.

Blah. I would like to express myself even MORE clearly on this subject...I could give a rat's azz about the "crime scene" investigators. Jaycee, her daughters and other potential victims are the ONLY people I could give a chite about!

MOO

Great that you spotted the butterfly pix, my2sisters. I think that the fridge is cropped out of other copies of that photograph online!!!! Just one butterfly is visible, as I remember, and I didn't know what it was. Huh.

Anyway, so now we have two children's drawings that we know of hanging up in the house - - the Angell drawing and this. Ay yi yi. I guess the parole officer never made it into the kitchen . . . or something.

PG was wrong - - it's not heartwarming, it's heartbreaking.
Well, the butterfly is a symbol of new life . . quite apt . . . let's hope . .. for the girls.

On my monitor the drawing looks like it says ANGEL.

Yeah, how could the PO miss any one of these things???

Yeah, and in another photo there was an upright vacuum :doh:
I just finished looking at all those photos, and it makes me wonder when the last time some of these items were even used ~ like the vacuum, shower, the hand sanitizer in the kitchen, and so much more. I can't even see how they could've cooked anything there with piles of stuff on top of the stove. It's far worse than a pig sty, imo. And that fish tank ~ :sick: MOO

Well his projection room looked the cleanest of all. It had a computer in there to. I mean seriously who has a projection screen set up in their home. Think we all know what he was doing for entertainment in his house. Just sickness nonstop in that house im guessing.

I'd like to expound on my "maybe the house was clean..." comment.
I'm sure some of you thought I was either nuts or hadn't had any coffee (or wasn't wearing my glasses) yet when I posted that comment.

I know people who live like this. I've been over their house after they'd "cleaned" and it looked just like those pictures. My point was, if the G's were hoarders, they most likely don't see the filth or clutter that we do.

I DON"T feel for the crime scene investigators one iota. I feel for a child/woman who grew up in tents in a backyard and who gave birth to children as a result of rape. A "difficult scene to process"..yep, surely. How about a "difficult scene to process" for those who were abused and lived (thankfully) to tell their tale?

MOO

I hope that this family manages to find peace and I truly hope that, unfortunately - in order to do so, that they realize that the world is waiting to hear and digest this sordid tale.
I agree that the girls had a horrific life, that is why we are all here. Praying for them and hoping they have a new start in life. (and of course also hoping that despicable couple never gets out of jail).

BUT the investigators are humans too: I agree with roller26 They do have a hard job, they sure see far worse then what we get to see here. Just walking amongst all this hovel is a constant reminder of what those poor girls lived in.
You and I get to walk away and also live our lives, the investigators are there daily.
I thank God It is not my job.

Growing up in the hippie culture in southern california, I frequently saw scenes similar to these, with papers strewn around, dishes piled in the sink, random stuff piled onto dining room tables, etc.

Some comments about specific rooms (From this link, where most of the interior shots were taken):

http://www.kcra.com/slideshow/news/20972906/detail.html

Photo 14 - typical of an unkempt house
Photo 15 - also typical. It appears that a computer projector is set up to display on the upraised screen.
Photo 17 - piles of stuff stacked on a table are typical. I wonder about the piles of stuff on the floor, though. Again, not inconsistent with what I've seen before.
Photo 18 & 19 - piles of dishes. I've seen this many times, but another contributor did note that most of the dishes don't appear to be used. I've actually seen situations where uneaten food and even mold was present. Odd that that doesn't be the case here.
Photo 20 - cat food supplies and overall mess I've seen before. A chair on TOP of the mess, with stuff on TOP of the chair, I haven't. This suggests that someone moved the chair here because they were searching elsewhere. All the cupboards opened is a tell for LE searches.
Photo 21 - not inconsistent with an unkempt house.
Photo 24 - I've even seen things this messy, but the chair thrown on top of the mess is out of place.
Photo 25 - unkempt, but livable.
Photo 26 & 27 - mattresses thrown about and piles of stuff are out of place for a living space. This doesn't even fit the profile of a storage room - with upended matresses. The mattress appears to be new. A mess that evolves over time has to have SOME form to it, as things are piled into a room over time - a mess created in a short amount of time doesn't have any recognizable form. This screams 'police search' to me.
Photo 28 & 29 - there the bathroom is made unusable by debris and boxes on the floor. This was not done by anyone that uses this bathroom. Again, no form to the mess.
Photo 30 - mess on the floor looks 'lived in'. Piles of clothes and chair on top of the bed look like the results of a search.
Photo 31 & 32 - bags and boxes making another bathroom unusable. This also appears to be the results of a search.
Photo 34 - unkempt houses typically have some organization - Messes that evolve show purpose... papers and books stacked and organized, pathways for getting around the mess, etc. Here everything is thrown around and piled on otherwise usable furniture.
Photo 35 - another chair upended on a loveseat. Tell for a search.
I was raised in that culture too.... I was a hippy and my house was clean.
I hung out with hippies and their house was clean too, maybe they were a bit more messy
but I am a Virgo = neatnik... :)

NOP ! DIRTY WAS NOT OUR MOTTO, CULTURE or LIFESTYLE.
Free spirit was our real lifestyle. (not dirty) Nothing about them relates to hippy, or beatnik.
They were just pigs on every level.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back