Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think it makes a lot of sense. Apparently the arraingement hearing was packed with strong, negative vibes. If nothing else, even Gardner and his primitive survival instincts could pick up the hatred in the room.

Police would be continuing to press him, especially if they found something of Amber's while they were searching his various residences.

The police couldn't just put Gardner in a car and whisk him up the freeway. As John and Ken stated it would have been worse than the OJ parade. The search at Kit Carson may have been a ruse or one of the police's search areas, but it did enable them an opportunity to take Gardner to the Pala area.

Police would not have had an opportunity to speak to Gardner after the arraignment unless it was at the invitation of Gardner and his lawyer.

That's an interesting question. I'm wondering if she's closer with the PI Bill Garcia's camp who was also adamantly saying it wasn't JAG involved at least with the tip.

In light of that...

Did you see what Tink just posted over on the "plea or tip" thread here?

The jist of it was, according to the KFI show that's been covering this well (that had the family member in Elsinore on, as well), JAG was brought to Pala by LE on Friday afternoon, and she was found at 3 am on Saturday.

That jives with what local media has been emphasizing, that she was found ::very:: early on Saturday (as in, things had started on Friday because it would have been dark ::very:: early on Saturday)
the abc article did say that Bart was the Grandmother's spokesperson and it further had an interview with Garcia.. and he seems to be a victim of shortsightedness/tunnel vision VERY EARLY ON in the case

I wonder if there are more girls out there.....
me too!!!!! Was where they found Amber - his "place" and he just got "sloppy" with Chelsea? What other "things" did LE find in their searches - was he keeping "souvenirs"? Why is it taking so long to process Amber's scene? Why id LE cancel the presser - to only make an "interntionally carefully worded" statement for now? Why did Amber's family say they were under a "gag order"?

So many questions................

maybe the hiker was the cop with the tip in his hand
That sounds very possible, imo. I think it's way too coincidental that Amber is suddenly found so soon after the "focus" of the investigation is in jail charged with the murder of another teenage girl, who looks similar to Amber. MOO

Police would not have had an opportunity to speak to Gardner after the arraignment unless it was at the invitation of Gardner and his lawyer.
Can they request to speak to him with his lawyer present?

me too!!!!! Was where they found Amber - his "place" and he just got "sloppy" with Chelsea? What other "things" did LE find in their searches - was he keeping "souvenirs"? Why is it taking so long to process Amber's scene? Why id LE cancel the presser - to only make an "interntionally carefully worded" statement for now? Why did Amber's family say they were under a "gag order"?

All I know is local media has stated many times in the last hours that Chelsea's parents and Amber's parents have been talking a lot.

I know Amber's parents supported Chelsea's parents throughout the search and stood with them afterward and had visited with them later last week, and that last night news was saying that Chelsea's parents had spoken with them yesterday when they found out Amber was found. But then what they've said today was more that they had been "talking." Not like their "had spoken with" yesterday.

Not sure if that's out of a mutual understanding of the situation they are each going through, or out of the likelihood this is all connected, or...

Actually I think it makes a lot of sense. Apparently the arraingement hearing was packed with strong, negative vibes. If nothing else, even Gardner and his primitive survival instincts could pick up the hatred in the room.

Police would be continuing to press him, especially if they found something of Amber's while they were searching his various residences.

The police couldn't just put Gardner in a car and whisk him up the freeway. As John and Ken stated it would have been worse than the OJ parade. The search at Kit Carson may have been a ruse or one of the police's search areas, but it did enable them an opportunity to take Gardner to the Pala area.

Regardless whoever gave the tip, describing the location would have been tough, especially after a year. For instance, how would you describe where to turn in that area. One would probably have to go back and retrace one's steps.

Guess we'll see...

PS: I tend to think he killed Chelsea out of rage, not fear of identification.

Especially after the rain we've had this year...any markings or whatever may well have washed away.

The "gag order" comment was by (I think) Amber's dad and he said it after a particular question. I didn't mean that the King's and Amber's parents weren't talking to each other. Quite the contrary - I believe they are "holding on" to each other. IMO both sets of parents know what happened to Chelsea (and COD) and what the "tip" was. Amber's Dad and Chelsea's mom - in separate interviews - each referred to JAG as a "monster". That spoke volumes to me.

The "gag order" comment was by (I think) Amber's dad and he said it after a particular question. I didn't mean that the King's and Amber's parents weren't talking to each other. Quite the contrary - I believe they are "holding on" to each other. IMO both sets of parents know what happened to Chelsea (and COD) and what the "tip" was. Amber's Dad and Chelsea's mom - in separate interviews - each referred to JAG as a "monster". That spoke volumes to me.

I think it's so great that the two sets of parents have each other to talk with - who else could possibly understand the excruciating pain they are going through? And I agree completely with you - calling JAG a monster speaks volumes - I have no doubt that's exactly what he is. Women everywhere should be grateful he has been caught!!!

It took a week before they ID'ed Caylee and they spent almost 2 weeks searching the site and she was only missing 6 months.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/dubois-parents-unhappy-with-private/

Amber’s father, Moe Dubois, said Monday that neither he nor Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle, have spoken to private investigator Bill Garcia since their daughter’s skeletal remains were discovered Saturday near Pala.

“Carrie is livid that he is going out and speaking on behalf of the family,” Dubois said. “We haven’t talked to him.”

Can they request to speak to him with his lawyer present?

I think so but I don't know what leverage they'd have with JAG other than offering him a deal and I can't think of a circumstance that would have him leading them to Amber without admitting guilt.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/dubois-parents-unhappy-with-private/

Amber’s father, Moe Dubois, said Monday that neither he nor Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle, have spoken to private investigator Bill Garcia since their daughter’s skeletal remains were discovered Saturday near Pala.

“Carrie is livid that he is going out and speaking on behalf of the family,” Dubois said. “We haven’t talked to him.”

And bizarrely, after they said that, and some were trying to give him the benefit of the doubt (Garcia) that his comments were taken out of context or misconstrued, THEN he went and did it ON camera and didn't say a thing differently. :banghead: Seriously, AFTER her parents expressed displeasure and he's still out spouting off? I couldn't believe it. At least now we know he actually said it and it wasn't shoddy reporting.

It took a week before they ID'ed Caylee and they spent almost 2 weeks searching the site and she was only missing 6 months.
exactly! LE did say they id'd her through dental records. I think she was in a "grave" and pretty much all together when they found her. And, if that is the case, then why so much time to process the scene? What else was there?

I wonder if there are more girls out there.....

I didn't want to say it, but I am thinking the same thing. If it is taking this long to clear the CS then like someone said, either the remains are scattered like in Caylee case or we might be dealing with a bigger issue. :-((

I wonder if he had some sort of GPS on his car, phone or as a result of probation??? (I know, fat chance they would track him like logic would tell us and wasn't his probation period over -- thus why he felt home free to go back out and re-offend?)

What if LE came to JG and his lawyer with evidence in hand they had found
in their search of his Mother's house, such as a ring or necklace belonging
to Amber?

I could see LE talking double murder charges! That should be enough leverage
to get Gardner to take them to Amber's grave to avoid a death penalty.

At first I wondered if this news was just a rumor, but the more I think about it
the more sense it makes.

i don't think its strange that they're still processing the scene-- looking for any trace her killer might have left behind, including bits of garbage and fibers. they go over these areas with a fine tooth comb.

The whole GPS thing has me thinking that they found a Garmin or Garmin GPS files on his computer that take him directly there to that spot in Pala. If this guy was a hunter or fisherman, or even was somewhat active outdoors, having a Garmin would be THE thing to have, gadget-wise and it gives EXACT locations, unlike the iPhone, which has GPS but it isn't quite like the Garmin.

Either way, I feel very strongly that they either found something very exact that led them there OR he made a plea. I just cannot wrap my mind around this 'coincidence' because it just doesn't seem plausible.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear :(

I just mean that while they're so restricted in speaking about certain things publicly, they are spending a considerable amount of time talking together...and which makes me think that is beyond just the two having lost daughters of similar ages to the hands of a horrible man, and in the same general community, but that it's because the two families are able to understand even more due to knowing a whole lot we aren't privy to...and that that's part of why from very early on Amber's parents started saying that they were afraid she had also been a victim of JAG.

I still don't think I'm making sense. I'm sorry...

On another note, Chelsea's immediate community in Poway/RB make a big "get out the blue and white in support of Amber" push yesterday as soon as the news was out about Amber being found (apparently they were colours Amber favored or something that spread from EHS somehow online) - and there was certainly a lot of that out in the community here, as well as in Escondido today. Many were saying online that now it was this community's turn to pass along the tremendous support our community got last week with everything that happened with Chelsea, and to pass that along to Escondido and Amber's friends and family. It is great to see - and it's given, especially Chelsea's friends, a 'cause' now to keep them going through this difficult week, as well - seeing Amber's friends and family also be carried on the love and prayers and support of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74