POI: Michael Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.
"MP was aware the most he could be charged, if at all, was a misdeamenor which would later be thrown out of court under the 5th ammendment. He was not afraid of LE, as MP said later he was going to LE to file a Missing Persons report when he returned to Oak Beach two days later and met with CPH."

Does anyone but me find it odd that the phone call to SG mother was made a few days after SG went missing and around the time that MP went back to Oak Beach? I have always felt that MP or someone els was behind that phone call and CPH was a pawn to cause confusion.

That is not a motive. MP would have to answer to the boyfriend, who does not seem like the "civil" type.

He would not kill her for that anyway. The sort of business partner who might do something like that would have a long criminal history of violence, and MP does not. And in any case, the biggest leverage MP would have had over her was to simple refuse to drive for her any more, that would end up costing her way more in lost business as she would have to look for a new driver. She would have to pay him for his time irrespective of if she got paid or not, if not on that day, then at a later date.

MP does not fit that expectation of a violent partner, in addition his role in her enterprise was allmost certainly secondary to the BF, he would have just been there to provide a service to her (which would allow the boyfriend to avoid being implicated if she got caught up in a sting). He was an employee, not the employer.

Why would you say that only a business partner who might do something like that would have a long criminal history of violence? Have you seen the news? More and more people everyday are killing people with out ever having a history of violence. Just wondering why you say that or what you base that off of?

That is not a motive. MP would have to answer to the boyfriend, who does not seem like the "civil" type.

He would not kill her for that anyway. The sort of business partner who might do something like that would have a long criminal history of violence, and MP does not. And in any case, the biggest leverage MP would have had over her was to simple refuse to drive for her any more, that would end up costing her way more in lost business as she would have to look for a new driver. She would have to pay him for his time irrespective of if she got paid or not, if not on that day, then at a later date.

MP does not fit that expectation of a violent partner, in addition his role in her enterprise was allmost certainly secondary to the BF, he would have just been there to provide a service to her (which would allow the boyfriend to avoid being implicated if she got caught up in a sting). He was an employee, not the employer.

Tugela, not having a history of violence/criminal record is no guarantee that a person will not kill someone. I am willing to bet the LISK whoever he is and whenever he is caught, probably does not have a criminal record or an official history of violence.

Regarding your statement SG having to pay MP eventually, you are right, and the method that a driver uses to ensure he gets paid is intimidation.

One does not survive very long in the seamy side of the drug and sex trade without being tough, resourceful and when required ruthless. Rest assured even though MP does not give off that public persona, he is tough, resourceful and willing to do whatever required to achieve his goals.

MOO

Peter said....

MP had no motive, he only had motive to keep her alive because she was an income source to him.

SG was not paying MP his share that night because JB did not pay her. That is
the motive.

For sure he would get his money from a dead girl? This is the kind of business, where he would make her next time pay double and that's it. Not a motive at all.

MP had also no opportunity because he had no time window. His only chance to grab her would have been after BB saw her and at this time, GC could have run between his house already about a dozen times at least.

That is your opinion, my opinion is that he had time. Until SCPD releases the time logs my opinion is as valid as yours.

Look backward in this thread. The Foreigner has sent the information that the BB call was at 6:22 two or three times. That's it, you opinion is in direct contradiction to the laws of physics.

The info, that the last call sounded ... it is from MG, months after the remains were found

This disclosure made by MG was before SG's remains were found.

According to JR, neither MG nor himself had any opportunity to read the transcript before the body was found. Please rewatch 48 Hours.

Well, and he couldn't expressively say, I didn't wait for the police to compromise myself for my role in prostitution, which is still illegal. So this is once more ... he just can't without admitting a felony. And since he is no first timer anymore, he will get the next time the full hit.

MP was aware the most he could be charged, if at all, was a misdeamenor which would later be thrown out of court under the 5th ammendment. He was not afraid of LE, as MP said later he was going to LE to file a Missing Persons report when he returned to Oak Beach two days later and met with CPH.

That is what he said ... after he found, the fire concentrated on CPH and thus gave him a chance to make himself look cleaner than he was. And since he had at least two strikes, what makes you think, he calculated that soliciting prostitution would be a mere misdemeanor. He was there in the night, the driver for a prostitute who probably went wild after something wrong with drugs. At least, MP, who knew her well enough must have concluded that. For a jail bird, third time is NOT a charm.

Peter you are absolutely right, the time window if insufficient, will absolve MP, and my belief that MP is in some way culpable. However until the police time logs are released we are both speculating.

Again, please look backwards for TheForeigner's posts, she has 3:22 for BB's call. So you are maybe speculating, you can get that time somehow off the table, I am calculating. That is an entirely different thing.

As an aside, why do yo think the story that supposedly CPH treated SG and released her to MP developed? If somebody was trying to frame CPH why would they involve MP?

See this is where this 'fabrication' becomes most interesting. If CPH never made that statement, one begins to wonder why MP is mentioned at all. The people in Oak Beach who are assumed to create this fabrication would have no knowledge of MP's existence. If their goal is to frame CPH why involve the name MP at all. The name JB would make more sense as he was known in the community for example.

So we have this 'fabrication' that mentions MP. Why?

What if it is not a 'fabrication' but the truth. What if CPH says "Yes I treated SG and then turned her over to MP'. Then your concept of the time line becomes irrelavent. This is also the perfect defence for CPH in the John Ray lawsuit.

You forgot the dynamics of how this story developed. Basically the MP part became only part of what you call "fabrication" after the GB4 were found. Which made the need for everyone to wash themselves as clean as possible urgent. In the beginning neither MG mentioned MP nor MP came forward. The story developed their Version 2.0 only after all hell broke lose because of four more bodies.

And the story can't be true because then MP's SUV would have stand visible in OB while he would have waited for SG to be treated. And he would have beamed it out there with the help of his alien friends or it would have been visible either while the police officer did his superficial search or at the gate.

Many years years ago I learned that every rumor has some truth to it. So before you absolve MP of any involvement, wait for the time logs from SCPD, and CPH statements under oath.
MOO

I've heard some good rumors about where Jimmy Hoffa is ... and El Dorado ... well, the trick with such rumors is, to figure out, what is possible in the real world and what is just rumor.

For sure he would get his money from a dead girl? This is the kind of business, where he would make her next time pay double and that's it. Not a motive at all.

Look backward in this thread. The Foreigner has sent the information that the BB call was at 6:22 two or three times. That's it, you opinion is in direct contradiction to the laws of physics.

According to JR, neither MG nor himself had any opportunity to read the transcript before the body was found. Please rewatch 48 Hours.

That is what he said ... after he found, the fire concentrated on CPH and thus gave him a chance to make himself look cleaner than he was. And since he had at least two strikes, what makes you think, he calculated that soliciting prostitution would be a mere misdemeanor. He was there in the night, the driver for a prostitute who probably went wild after something wrong with drugs. At least, MP, who knew her well enough must have concluded that. For a jail bird, third time is NOT a charm.

Again, please look backwards for TheForeigner's posts, she has 3:22 for BB's call. So you are maybe speculating, you can get that time somehow off the table, I am calculating. That is an entirely different thing.

You forgot the dynamics of how this story developed. Basically the MP part became only part of what you call "fabrication" after the GB4 were found. Which made the need for everyone to wash themselves as clean as possible urgent. In the beginning neither MG mentioned MP nor MP came forward. The story developed their Version 2.0 only after all hell broke lose because of four more bodies.

And the story can't be true because then MP's SUV would have stand visible in OB while he would have waited for SG to be treated. And he would have beamed it out there with the help of his alien friends or it would have been visible either while the police officer did his superficial search or at the gate.

I've heard some good rumors about where Jimmy Hoffa is ... and El Dorado ... well, the trick with such rumors is, to figure out, what is possible in the real world and what is just rumor.

What you wrote here, refering to my reseach information, is NOT correct!

Peter Brendt posted: "The Foreigner has sent the information that the BB call was at 6:22 two or three times"

The time that I have posted that BB's 911 call was made was 5:22, NOT 6:22.

My info on the different phonecalls is to be found in this post:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8916747&postcount=865"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am in agreement that BB's call was at 5:22am. My dispute is the time that LE arrived at Oak Beach and how long GC waited for the officer at the gate.

If, as it has been unofficially stated the officer arrrived at 6:07am, and GC had been at the gate for 15 minutes, as has been unofficially been suggested, MP had time to abduct SG.

I do agree that if GC arrived at the gate around 5:30am, MP did not have time to abduct SG, and leave Oak Beach without being spotted.

That is why the official time that LE arrived at Oak beach is crucial.

Peter, I do not expect you to change your opinion, but would you grant me this small request, and answer this question.

If LE arrived at 6:07am, and GC arrived at the gate around 5:47am, do you think MP would have enough time to abduct SG between BB's call at 5:22am and GC's suggested arrival at the gate at 5:47am; a total available time of 25 minutes?

Quick points...

......AD had a pretty flimsy motive for breaking SG's jaw but it still happened. What you think is a weak motive is irrelevant to the criminal.

......When the girl provider tries to 'stiff ' the driver, he usually uses force to get the money and there is no next time.

MOO

I am in agreement that BB's call was at 5:22am. My dispute is the time that LE arrived at Oak Beach and how long GC waited for the officer at the gate.

If, as it has been unofficially stated the officer arrrived at 6:07am, and GC had been at the gate for 15 minutes, as has been unofficially been suggested, MP had time to abduct SG.

I do agree that if GC arrived at the gate around 5:30am, MP did not have time to abduct SG, and leave Oak Beach without being spotted.

That is why the official time that LE arrived at Oak beach is crucial.

Peter, I do not expect you to change your opinion, but would you grant me this small request, and answer this question.

If LE arrived at 6:07am, and GC arrived at the gate around 5:47am, do you think MP would have enough time to abduct SG between BB's call at 5:22am and GC's suggested arrival at the gate at 5:47am; a total available time of 25 minutes?

Quick points...

......AD had a pretty flimsy motive for breaking SG's jaw but it still happened. What you think is a weak motive is irrelevant to the criminal.

......When the girl provider tries to 'stiff ' the driver, he usually uses force to get the money and there is no next time.

MOO

You should become a defense attorney. Under the entirely speculative and unreasonable assumption, GC arrived at the gate only at 5:47, because he knew police wuld need that long, wasn't curious what happened next and had to go over his retirement plan this morning, yes, under all those assumption, he maybe had the time ... provided, he would have sneaked pass BB in a black SUV, provided Laurin's cloak on said SUV so he became invisible for the OB residents who were getting up at the time, provided he could find SG, we know he must have been far behind at 5:22 when BB saw SG but not his SUV ... dammit, this theory doesn't even work if you stretch the time to 5:47.

Quick notes:

AD had a flimsy motive to beat her. To break his jaw wasn't even his intention. He had motive to "discipline" her, but he had no motive to cause permanent damage because he lived on her "work".

"He usually ...."????? Tell me more, were you ever in the business that you know that? Because most pimps and drivers make their living from those girls, which makes them worth more alive than dead. And being indebted makes them even worth more because the degree of control is higher.

So, bottom line, everyone has the right to an opinion. What you try to sell here is no opinion but a theory. Theories can and should be checked against the physical possibilities to determine if they could work at all.

So maybe MP had time...Maybe he didn't. Some believe he did, some don't. All I keep hearing about is this time issue. I personally won't believe anything until I can see the facts. I believe anything is possible. I also don't take what GC says to heart. He changed his story once all ready and he is a human not a computer. Humans can be wrong and recall things different from what actually was the time. I do it everyday.
I just really wish people could move pass this time issue and start thinking up new ideas. Something happen to SG that night. MP may or may not have had anything to do with it. The more we all sit around and argue time the less we can find out or think about what really happen.

So maybe MP had time...Maybe he didn't. Some believe he did, some don't. All I keep hearing about is this time issue. I personally won't believe anything until I can see the facts. I believe anything is possible. I also don't take what GC says to heart. He changed his story once all ready and he is a human not a computer. Humans can be wrong and recall things different from what actually was the time. I do it everyday.
I just really wish people could move pass this time issue and start thinking up new ideas. Something happen to SG that night. MP may or may not have had anything to do with it. The more we all sit around and argue time the less we can find out or think about what really happen.

This is not the complete picture, it only appears that way, because Windsor concentrated out of all points speaking against his theory first on the time issue. But ...

... aside of the time issue

... to make the MP theory work, he still needs an explanation why BB didn't see the SUV following SG

... why nobody else in OB saw the SUV or MP after GC

... how MP could have possible known which way SG took, he was at the end of his talk with GC already about two minutes behind and their was more than one option, which way SG could have taken.

... how MP suddenly got intimate knowledge about the area to be able to cut off SG's way, because this would be the only explanation how he could have got to SG without being seen. Which of course poses then the problem, how good his SUV would be when it went out in sand and marsh.

... the question of the motive for murder is also still open. All priors of MP seem to have to do with prostitution, not one with violence.

... the question for the motive to leave as soon as possible was always ignored. But they got MP two times already, there is a third strike law. So despite what Windsor says about misdemeanors, MP had to calculate in maybe got hit hard.

... where did MP stash her away? He couldn't go in the marsh with the SUV. Well, he could but then LE would have found the remains of the vehicle as well. So, to make this theory work, he had to bring her somewhere, stash her away alive and bring her back months later when the area was dryer to kill her there. Not really likely.

... if MP killed her, just for the sake of the discussion, why did he drop her in the marsh? There were a lot of easier places, of better methods.

... and if he killed her, why then this egg dance with the bf and MG, returning later to look and all the show?

So ... there is more than one point not working on that theory. More than five points. In fact, there are at least ten points of which each and every one alone would establish a KO-criteria for the whole theory. So, it's not only the time issue.

This is not the complete picture, it only appears that way, because Windsor concentrated out of all points speaking against his theory first on the time issue. But ...

... aside of the time issue

... to make the MP theory work, he still needs an explanation why BB didn't see the SUV following SG

... why nobody else in OB saw the SUV or MP after GC

... how MP could have possible known which way SG took, he was at the end of his talk with GC already about two minutes behind and their was more than one option, which way SG could have taken.

... how MP suddenly got intimate knowledge about the area to be able to cut off SG's way, because this would be the only explanation how he could have got to SG without being seen. Which of course poses then the problem, how good his SUV would be when it went out in sand and marsh.

... the question of the motive for murder is also still open. All priors of MP seem to have to do with prostitution, not one with violence.

... the question for the motive to leave as soon as possible was always ignored. But they got MP two times already, there is a third strike law. So despite what Windsor says about misdemeanors, MP had to calculate in maybe got hit hard.

... where did MP stash her away? He couldn't go in the marsh with the SUV. Well, he could but then LE would have found the remains of the vehicle as well. So, to make this theory work, he had to bring her somewhere, stash her away alive and bring her back months later when the area was dryer to kill her there. Not really likely.

... if MP killed her, just for the sake of the discussion, why did he drop her in the marsh? There were a lot of easier places, of better methods.

... and if he killed her, why then this egg dance with the bf and MG, returning later to look and all the show?

So ... there is more than one point not working on that theory. More than five points. In fact, there are at least ten points of which each and every one alone would establish a KO-criteria for the whole theory. So, it's not only the time issue.

Like I said MP may or may not have killed her. We don't know. I'm just saying lets drop the time thing because no one is ever going to agree on the same thing. The more I keep reading I personally would like to know who els JB had in his house. But that is just me.

Like I said MP may or may not have killed her. We don't know. I'm just saying lets drop the time thing because no one is ever going to agree on the same thing. The more I keep reading I personally would like to know who els JB had in his house. But that is just me.

Lets leave the other cracking points also alone for the moment, because it's not just you who wonders about the JB's house part. We have MP's statement, he only saw JB as far as I remember. We have MG and JR who both mention several voices on the tape in the background. And we have the book-writing drifter, who claims to have been gone since three months already before SG's disappearance.
Now, I am thinking about two things:

1.) The drifter was also mentioned by neighbors as it sounded to me. That makes me think, if the book-writing one was already out there ... three months is just a too long time. Neighbors would have noticed there is no drifter anymore. Unless, the book-writing drifter was already replaced. Just thinking.

2.) The second thing that made me always wonder is JB's lie detector test. It was inconclusive. Well, if he was asked whether he had intention to have sex with SG and answered "no", this would have most likely shown up as a lie. Not everyone is a hardcore special force soldier with a lot of experience in being tortured and interrogated with lie detectors. So, why didn't at least this one question show up as a lie? The answer is simple. Because JB actually had no intention to have sex with SG. The right question, IMO, would have been: "Did you have intentions to watch someone else having sex with SG?"
Now, watching someone else having sex with her would call for "someone else" there in the house, right?

Just thinking. It just fits too well.

Lets leave the other cracking points also alone for the moment, because it's not just you who wonders about the JB's house part. We have MP's statement, he only saw JB as far as I remember. We have MG and JR who both mention several voices on the tape in the background. And we have the book-writing drifter, who claims to have been gone since three months already before SG's disappearance.

1.) The drifter was also mentioned by neighbors as it sounded to me. That makes me think, if the book-writing one was already out there ... three months is just a too long time. Neighbors would have noticed there is no drifter anymore. Unless, the book-writing drifter was already replaced. Just thinking.

2.) The second thing that made me always wonder is JB's lie detector test. It was inconclusive. Well, if he was asked whether he had intention to have sex with SG and answered "no", this would have most likely shown up as a lie. Not everyone is a hardcore special force soldier with a lot of experience in being tortured and interrogated with lie detectors. So, why didn't at least this one question show up as a lie? The answer is simple. Because JB actually had no intention to have sex with SG. The right question, IMO, would have been: "Did you have intentions to watch someone else having sex with SG?"
Now, watching someone else having sex with her would call for "someone else" there in the house, right?

Hi Peter, We also have Pak telling GC he was at a party earlier with the gal he was looking for. I can't remember his exact words but didn't he imply or say it was at a neighbor's house? I'll go try and find that quote from GC.

If he had killed her I doubt he would mention that to anyone, right?

Ah huhh!! Makes a lot of sense actually. There are plenty of men who like Voyeurism, one thing I have been learning fast with this is that there are tons and tons of fetishes (creepy ones for that matter).
I still think he had someone over. Just cause MP didn't see anyone does not mean that this drifter or who ever could of been in a different room by then or up stars. From what I understand MP wasn't in the house all that long. So in all reality MP could be telling the truth about this. The question would be why would this man not want to be seen or named?
From what I have read the neighbors said they seen JB and another man out a few days after moving things into a u haul. Who was that guy and what were they moving at night? His stuff out of the house? Just a thought.
I have to admit that the more I read I just can't find a reason for MP joining in and killing SG or being part of a killing team. Unless if he is the driver for them but I doubt that.
What if this unknown man said to SG they were going to kill her or something and got off on the fear, maybe tried to choke her a little. And maybe JB didn't hear this so thought she was just crazy. Or he was in on it but things went wrong and she made a 911 call and he switched it to she is just acting crazy.
I've often wondered if well she was at JB house these men really were tormenting her. Saying they were going to kill her and messing with her. Telling her not to bother calling MP like she did because he was in on it also. After all she was just a hooker to these guys they would have no respect for her. Could explain why she ran from MP. Once she took off who's to say this other guy didn't go out creeping around looking for her.
It all sounds crazy to me. But fact is stranger then fiction. And I truly feel she was murdered. That is something I kind of can't over look. I can maybe start to see how MP might not be involved with the murder but that is about it.
And just another random thought is I do think the SK is a stalker. I think he gets off on watching his girls before getting them. There have been many of things that just scream stalker to me. Wouldn't voyeurism go hand and hand with someone who liked to stalk? Wasn't MB boyfriend called by the SK and told something along the lines..You like to do some pretty sick stuff with her...kinda like he was watching them like voyeurism?

Hi Peter, We also have Pak telling GC he was at a party earlier with the gal he was looking for. I can't remember his exact words but didn't he imply or say it was at a neighbor's house? I'll go try and find that quote from GC.

If he had killed her I doubt he would mention that to anyone, right?

Sorry...kinda jumping in here. But from what I remember MP told GC that they were at a party and that he was looking for a girl from that party who had took off.
But that makes a lot of sense for him saying that because I doubt he would say that he is a driver for a prostitute that he had drivin to his neighbors. I could see how he would lie about that.

Ah huhh!! Makes a lot of sense actually. There are plenty of men who like Voyeurism, one thing I have been learning fast with this is that there are tons and tons of fetishes (creepy ones for that matter).
I still think he had someone over. Just cause MP didn't see anyone does not mean that this drifter or who ever could of been in a different room by then or up stars. From what I understand MP wasn't in the house all that long. So in all reality MP could be telling the truth about this. The question would be why would this man not want to be seen or named?
From what I have read the neighbors said they seen JB and another man out a few days after moving things into a u haul. Who was that guy and what were they moving at night? His stuff out of the house? Just a thought.
I have to admit that the more I read I just can't find a reason for MP joining in and killing SG or being part of a killing team. Unless if he is the driver for them but I doubt that.
What if this unknown man said to SG they were going to kill her or something and got off on the fear, maybe tried to choke her a little. And maybe JB didn't hear this so thought she was just crazy. Or he was in on it but things went wrong and she made a 911 call and he switched it to she is just acting crazy.
I've often wondered if well she was at JB house these men really were tormenting her. Saying they were going to kill her and messing with her. Telling her not to bother calling MP like she did because he was in on it also. After all she was just a hooker to these guys they would have no respect for her. Could explain why she ran from MP. Once she took off who's to say this other guy didn't go out creeping around looking for her.
It all sounds crazy to me. But fact is stranger then fiction. And I truly feel she was murdered. That is something I kind of can't over look. I can maybe start to see how MP might not be involved with the murder but that is about it.
And just another random thought is I do think the SK is a stalker. I think he gets off on watching his girls before getting them. There have been many of things that just scream stalker to me. Wouldn't voyeurism go hand and hand with someone who liked to stalk? Wasn't MB boyfriend called by the SK and told something along the lines..You like to do some pretty sick stuff with her...kinda like he was watching them like voyeurism?
{my bold}

That is pretty bizarre I agree. Do you have a link for that? Thanks

Sorry...kinda jumping in here. But from what I remember MP told GC that they were at a party and that he was looking for a girl from that party who had took off.
But that makes a lot of sense for him saying that because I doubt he would say that he is a driver for a prostitute that he had drivin to his neighbors. I could see how he would lie about that.

Yea I agree. Plus we know he was at least at an open front door at JB's as he described how Shannon was sitting, talking on the phone.

Yea I agree. Plus we know he was at least at an open front door at JB's as he described how Shannon was sitting, talking on the phone.

Right. I don't really think he was in the house all that much and if he was might not have seen another man. This other man could of not wanted to be seen and went to the other room or anything.

{my bold}

That is pretty bizarre I agree. Do you have a link for that? Thanks

MB boyfriend was quoted saying this about the phone calls “He was threatening me. He said you liked to do some crazy stuff with Melissa. I know where you be at. Most of the time he seemed drunk. He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back.”

It is on MB timeline done by Theforeigner

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8022398"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It was crazy stuff not sick. Sorry that was my bad. But I new it was something along those lines.

Is the following scenario within the realm of possibility? MP drives away from encounter with GC. He phones SG and says to her, "Shannan, I gotta beat feet, like now! The cops are coming! Cut across the swamp and I'll pick you up on the other side."
Not saying that happened. Just thinking if possibilities exist that would not defy the theory of relativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517