POLL ADDED Connect The Dots-Working theories thread #2

What is your theory in Kyron's disappearance?

• Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was unplanned, an accident.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was planned.

Votes: 43 15.8%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was unplanned and DeDe was called for help

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was planned and DeDe helped plan it.

Votes: 108 39.6%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron. (Stranger being ANYONE except Terri, DeDe or accomplice.)

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around the school grounds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron or Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around school grounds.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • No idea

Votes: 47 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimberdoll:

If I'm not mistaken, an insurance payout will not occur if the holder commits suicide. I think this is fairly well-known (re: Terri would probably know this).

After looking at many possibilities,I'm going with my original instinct : Kyron was lured from the school by someone he knew,possibly the parent of another student,or a volunteer. An unregistered,under the radar sex offender.This had been planned for a while,and Kyron may well have been "groomed ". Kyron was lured into this person's vehicle,and taken pretty far from the whole area. Absent a confession (unlikely) he may never be found....

All JMO

The McCann case out of the UK/Portugal wrote the book on raising money from missing children...generating a couple of million USD in the first few months and even more in subsequent months.

That's just beyond heartbreaking. My theory is similar to most (all quotes for emphasis by me except where noted):
1) Premeditated by KH - motive, son sent away, or affair, or threat of divorce - and just plain delusional maliciousness
2) Took picture of him at school *early* in that CSI shirt to add one more layer of hate and irony
3) Asked Kyron to go see the last exhibit he wanted to, then meet her by the side where she would pull up the truck - before the first bell or right at it when kids are running like crazy to class
4) Went to SI or had her phone go there (this I haven't figured out) either to commit the crime or throw LE off (I think she forgot about the cell pings and actually went there)
5) Put pour Kyron in a container of some sort - aka Ward Weaver (who, remember, had cadaver dogs search his property and come up empty handed when one of the girls was in a container in his shed)
6) I think she put him in the river because that's worked for Misty as well as others and she has probably read articles about other cases and the comments from LE about when it can be difficult to find a body, so that's what she would do - I believe she's too smart to Google 'how to dispose of a body' but who knows
7) I think she has enjoyed watching KH suffer and in her mind believes 'he' did it - meaning if he didn't do *whatever* (send son away, threaten divorce, have an affair -- all speculative by me but you get it) then she wouldn't have *had* to do this.
8) I do believe she intends to make money off this 'because she has to' now that KH left her

I truly believe she feels angry with LE for having the 'nerve' to 'harrass her' when they have no evidence and aren't 'playing but the rules.' That is, the rules she defines which are they can't prove anything so until they can, get lost. I really think she has that mindset of entitlement, selfishness and arrogance.

I do think LE has learned alot from Weaver, maybe even poor little Haleigh Cummings, so they are one step ahead of a personality like that and will be able to solve this.

I hope I'm wrong on the above and she sold him to someone and he will come home.

please let me know Oregonites (or is it Oregonians?).

Its Oregonians like the Newspaper...but Oregonites is a lot more cool...kindof like they're from a different planet!

Kimberdoll:

If I'm not mistaken, an insurance payout will not occur if the holder commits suicide. I think this is fairly well-known (re: Terri would probably know this).

Actually, you often can collect, as long as the policy is at least two years old, or sometimes, one year. You just can't if the policy is fairly new or unless it stipulates specifically that suicide is never covered.

Kimberdoll:

Not strictly true- if a policy is bought this week, and the person commits suicide next week, obviously there would be no payout. On many policies there is a 2 (or more) year waiting period. Then you can off yourself with impunity, knowing that your beneficiaries will be taken care of.

Q - if Terri did this and had "partner" (lawnman) , that infact took Kyron out of the school while Terri waited somewhere, can Kaine sue the school?

also, I would like to know if Kaine can sue the school, if Terri was the one that snuck him out...

Thanks for the clarification about suicide/insurance payout!

Q - if Terri did this and had "partner" (lawnman) , that infact took Kyron out of the school while Terri waited somewhere, can Kaine sue the school?

also, I would like to know if Kaine can sue the school, if Terri was the one that snuck him out...

If it was Terri, I assume she had authority to take Kyron out...if it anyone but Terri, I think Kaine would have a case.

I just don't see an accomplice here and can't make myself find a way to think she had one, if it is in fact Terri. To me it is too big of a risk, favor, whatever you want to call it, for her to find anyone to go along with such a plot. And far easier for her to take Kyron out, one way or another, than risk having Kyron seen with a stranger who just might talk if caught.

Working Theories Thread

Here's the place to bring your theories and more complex analysis together using the facts and your powers of reasoning. Make Deductions Inductions, Intuitions, Speculations, Assumptions, and Hypothesize the day away. Problem Solve, Postulate, Percolate, Incubate, Ruminate, Mull your theories over. Expand them, refine them, have them tested, and best of all, get some friendly feedback from your fellow WSers. Theory & Analysis here presumed to be of speculatory nature. Please speculate responsibly and within TOS.

Notes:
This is not a general discussion thread. lf it becomes one, our theory thread might have to go away.

So, if you choose to post here, please know that:
1) you are either posting your own developed idea/theory/problem analysis for others to comment on, or
2) you're commenting on a theory that's been posted.

If you like some ideas from a previous theory, but want to post an entire theory of your own, you can credit the previous poster for helping you shape your ideas.
BBM in note section

This is not a general discussion thread. Please continue to enjoy posting your theories. Thanks :)

If it was Terri, I assume she had authority to take Kyron out...if it anyone but Terri, I think Kaine would have a case.

I just don't see an accomplice here and can't make myself find a way to think she had one, if it is in fact Terri. To me it is too big of a risk, favor, whatever you want to call it, for her to find anyone to go along with such a plot. And far easier for her to take Kyron out, one way or another, than risk having Kyron seen with a stranger who just might talk if caught.

I'm not ready to lean towards an accomplice just yet, either. Can't help but feel if there was one, they would have been found by now? True, we don't know what LE knows at this point, either.

Theres also the risk the accomplice would betray you and turn you in. I can't think of anything that Terri has that would entice an accomplice to keep quiet? With the noose tightening around Terri's neck, would she risk naming the accomplice in a way to make it seem the accomplice was fully responsible? That this person took over her plan of 'temporarily stashing' Kyron and it got out of hand? The tables turned and now she's equally a victim like Kyron?

I think TH suffers narcissistic personality disorder, amongst other things. Kaine was useful to her for many years. He had a good job with a good income. By partnering with him, she could play the role of the savior - the selfless woman who came to the rescue of a poor man struggling to raise an infant on his own. She could become the selfless stepmother, who raised this baby as her own. For her sacrifice, she is rewarded with marriage, nice cars, and a nice home. But she is not content to play out this mother role at home, she must compete on a public stage (we know she likes competitions). So she becomes the active classroom mother, a teacher in training, the mom all of the other PTA moms respect and admire. But it is still not enough......

The child she used as a vessel to secure Kaine's attention and his lifestyle is growing up, and his own biological mother is well again and a part of his life. She has to share Kyron's adoration with another woman. She sees the way his face lights up when he talks about "Momma" and she knows, as all stepmothers do, that she can never truly compete with his "real" mother. The child is older now, and Kaine needs her less than he did when Kyron was an infant.

So how does she get that high back and claim her role as the perfect and needed mother in Kaine's life? She gets pregnant with his child. At first it seems to do the trick..the child is adorable, she looks like her, and Kaine is crazy about his new little girl. But, maybe his attentions are focused on someone else, or she is so paranoid about the changes to her body that she imagines he is having an affair. He can't devote 100% attention to her daughter, because he has a son he loves just as much. Her daughter has to share time and resources with Kyron, even though Kyron has another mother and another home to call his own. Sending him away won't work...either Kaine would object, or Kaine would have to pay child support. Besides, what loving stepmother would suggest sending Kaine's son away? It doesn't match with her image.

As her "perfect" world unfolds around her, she seeks ways to secure the things that matter most to her: herself, her daughter as reflection of herself, and her lifestyle. Killing Kaine is one option..as his wife and mother of one of his children, she is likely named as his beneficiary - even if some of the benefit is also to be paid to Kyron. She would get the house, the cars, and more importantly, she would be portrayed once again as the selfless victim, doing her best to raise a child alone as widow. When this doesn't work, she comes up with plan two. She gets rid of the child she is growing to resent and who is competing directly with her own child for money and Kaine's attention. The tragedy brings them closer together, as Kaine would never want to leave her now and risk losing his only surviving child to divorce. She gets the public's sympathy as the woman who endured the unthinkable..a child abducted and killed. She would write a book, do the talk show circuit, and become a national spokesperson for missing children. Everyone would know what an incredible mother she had been to Kyron and how much tragedy had befallen her family. Even if Kaine eventually leaves, she will be rich from all of the fame and attention brought by poor Kyron's disappearance.

This explains why..what about how? How is pretty easy. You take Kyron to school early before school technically starts. You leave almost as soon as you came, once enough credible people can verify that he was there. You tell the teacher he has an appointment, but you are vague enough to cause confusion. You tell Kyron that morning that he is going to school to drop off his exhibit, but that he has to go to a doctor's appointment soon afterwards. You tell him to leave his things because he will be back in soon once the appointment is over. He and she leave together in the truck without incident. On a day when families are unloading kids and science exhibits, no one thinks twice about a child walking to his car with his mother before school starts.

Does she kill him? Killing him is risky, as the body will likely eventually be found. It is also messy. She sells him so that she can honestly claim that she has no idea whether he is alive or not or where he is. If his body is found too quickly, the attention fades. If he is never found, he becomes a missing child whose story is replayed time and time again and she stays in the spotlight.

I'm not ready to lean towards an accomplice just yet, either. Can't help but feel if there was one, they would have been found by now? True, we don't know what LE knows at this point, either.

Theres also the risk the accomplice would betray you and turn you in. I can't think of anything that Terri has that would entice an accomplice to keep quiet? With the noose tightening around Terri's neck, would she risk naming the accomplice in a way to make it seem the accomplice was fully responsible? That this person took over her plan of 'temporarily stashing' Kyron and it got out of hand? The tables turned and now she's equally a victim like Kyron?

But it has been reported that she was willing to have an accomplice to help with her husband's murder. So to me, its obvious that she's willing to seek out help to get the end result.
I am trying to think about myself. When I took my young children to school, I most often spoke to the parents first before speaking to their little ones. It was the parents I noticed first....then their children. Perhaps she realized that someone might notice her leaving with Kyron before they would pay attention to a stranger leaving with him. Not sure though....

Ok...here's my theory.

I think that she always found Kyron to be a burden, but had done her duty (although resented it) for years. I think she had been dismissive towards Kyron, and was emotionally cruel towards him in private. She probably played hot & cold with him as it suited her, and toyed with his gullibility... (snipped)

And now that it is done with I think she's thinking about all the things she should have done differently and wondering if she'll get caught and that's about it.

I agree with everything - including her being nervous now (she looked terrified and guilty from day 1) - except I think she adamantly believes no body, no crime so she's just going to hope it all goes away. I don't think she counted on the landscaper coming forward, but is trying to use that to her advantage, as in 'hey has he had a polygraph?" Maybe she'll claim they had an affair and he's bitter. There will be more to this sad story!

But it has been reported that she was willing to have an accomplice to help with her husband's murder. So to me, its obvious that she's willing to seek out help to get the end result.
I am trying to think about myself. When I took my young children to school, I most often spoke to the parents first before speaking to their little ones. It was the parents I noticed first....then their children. Perhaps she realized that someone might notice her leaving with Kyron before they would pay attention to a stranger leaving with him. Not sure though....

Unfortunately, I think for many of us, the opinions change daily, if not several times a day. That being said, after thinking about it some, imo, it seems easier to find an accomplice to kill a husband for someone, than it is to find someone to kill a child for you? People seem to have more contempt for those who hurt an innocent child rather than an adult. Unless, that accomplice is a SO?

In the case of Tori Stafford, the girl who lured Tori away had a boyfriend who was into that sort of thing; in her eyes I imagine her delivering Tori to this boyfriend was a 'reward or present' for him, thus a way to entice him to stay with her, even though it was reported he had moved on to seeing other women, unbeknownst to her.

So would Teri have that same train of thought? If her accomplice was a SO, how would she contact one without suspicion? The family member seems to risky a path to take, imo.

Meh, I just don't know anymore.

I just saw this thread and now realize this is probably the best place to aggregate my thoughts about this case.

From a post of mine yesterday:

It's all starting to make sense to me.

As per a scenerio mentioned previously in these threads and elsewhere, money was the motive. Not Kaine's life insurance, but a payout from the school district for a lost - and ultimately 'found dead' - kid. In this scenerio, Terri, possibly with the help of others, arranged Kyron's dissappearance from the school, with the intention of having it appear as if he wandered away on his own. The next step would be setting up the discovery of his body, with scene set up so it would appear Kyron's death was secondary to drowning, exposure, or some other plausibile accidental or natural cause. I would assume that Kaine was not 'in' on this plan, but anything is possible.

Ultimately, Kyron's family would be awarded a multimillion dollar settlement by the school district. Now, if all of the above has transpired as Terri had hoped, phase two of Terri's plan is set in motion. This part of her plan is to eliminate Kaine, leaving her and her two children wealthy and Terri once-again single. The hit man presumedly was contacted early-on so that he or she could possibly play a support role in the Kyron's dissappearance - or maybe Terri anticipated the public scrutiny and possible LE survellience that might be directed at her/the family after Kyron's dissapearance and just wanted to set her plan up well in advance. The hit-man would likely be informed by Terri that Kyron's dissapearance is part of the bigger plan, and that the hit should only take place if the plan is successful up to that point. If all transpires as Terri has planned, she then pays off the hit-man with her new fortune (or maybe the hitman also has an 'accident').

Unfortunately, Terri's plan falls apart sometime after Kyron dissappears. Maybe there are glitches in Kyron's removal from the school. Maybe Kyron's death does not go according to plan. Maybe people are unexpectedly present at her intended 'dump' site. Maybe Terri loses the support of an accomplice. Something doesn't go right and the plan falls apart. Kyron's body is then hidden, possible at location chosen 'just in case' - or, alternatively, an accomplice is tasked with disposing of Kyron at a remote location, ultimately well outside of the search zone.

The gardener/hit-man may have been awaiting his cue to move into action, provided that the plan transpired as Terri hoped it would. Well, according to this scenario, Terri's plan obviously did not transpire as she had hoped, and LE found the gardener/hit-man. At this point LE hatches a plan: the hit-man contacts Terri about what to do next - or about the possibility of a little hush-money. Of course he'd be wired and their conversation recorded. [I'm not sue why the presence of an undercover officer was felt neccessary by LE.] As has been reported, Terri cut the exchange short, possibly because Terri suspected a set-up by LE. Alternatively, Terri may not have suspected a set-up by LE, but nonetheless most certainly did not want any contact with the hit-man-to-be. Even if the latter was the case, and Terri did not know the meeting was set-up, the cat is out of the bag now. Meanwhile, Kaine is informed by LE, likely days in advance, and makes his planned departure with the infant daughter, and subsequently get's the RO and files for divorce.

With regard to Kyron's removal from the school (also from an earlier post of mine):

I'm thinking Terri focused her effort on making it appear to those within the school (teachers, students, other parents, etc.) that she was leaving without Kyron, but her exit with him in the truck was designed to jibe with the doctor's appt scenerio. She probably instructed Kyron to meet her outside so she could take him to his doctor's appt. If Terri suspects that Kyron is observed re-uniting with her at the truck his 'dissappearance' doesn't happen and the plan is put on hold - she can drive Kyron around the block and fake a call to the Dr.'s office: "Oh the appointment has to be cancelled? Oh yes, that's alright...Hey Kyron, whaddaya say we go get a quick bite to eat?" - then drop him back off at school.

If she's successful at getting Kyron (still alive and under the impression he's going to the doctor's) out of the school, she then can carry out her plan to make it appear he's dissappeared from school.

This is an interesting theory, DocBrainerd, and Terri may have also planned to set up a public donation site to fund the 'search' for Kyron after Kaine's unfortunate demise which would keep donations rolling in while the lawsuit was pending. Both could bring in a lot more money than Kaine's life insurance policy alone.

And I wonder if she planned to give Kaine some sort of a drug that might likely cause a heart attack but not show up in a regular autopsy -- then people would just think the heart attack was caused by grief and stress over his missing son. The payout from the insurance policy would be no problem, then, and that would also gain her sympathy with a potential jury that would award damages from the school district.

I do think Terri ideally envisioned a life with her two biological children and herself and this would give her the financial resources to comfortably fund such a life.

As far as impending divorce being a motivating factor as some theories have mentioned, I'm not sure that a divorce was definitely coming in that family prior to all of this primarily because Kaine strikes me as someone who doesn't like change. Desiree was the one who filed for divorce from him and, while he may have been having an affair, my gut instinct is that he would not want to start all over again with another broken family with a very young child as was the case when he split from Desiree.

Kaine also has shown controlling tendencies, IMO, so I'm not sure getting rid of just Kyron would mean that Terri would necessarily see much in the way of any sort of financial gain from any sort of insurance of Kyron's, lawsuit or donation fund as Kaine would likely control that fairly closely. Getting rid of both of them sovles that problem, however.

And I definitely think the doctor's appointment was a premeditated factor designed to cause confusion over Kyron's whereabouts that day and one of the few factual things, of what we know so far, that points to premeditation. I also think she met Kyron outside a less frequent exit/entrance with the truck rather than risk being seen leaving with him and if she was seen picking him up in the truck she could just call off the plan for that day. And leaving the Dr's appointment vague could have been Terri's excuse for anyone who saw her picking up Kyron in the truck, it was something that caused confusion as to where he was when he was determined to not be in school and then could be turned around against the school in a lawsuit where she would have reverted back to claiming that the appointment was for the following week and the school was in error.

And, initially, I thought the timing for this had all been spurred by Terri's biological son being sent away, but now seeing that Terri may have tried to hire another landscaper/murderer last year, as well, I think that maybe she realized that getting rid of Kaine would be difficult unless, maybe, he appeared to have a heart attack due to grief over his son who had been missing a couple of months. And, in that case, she could handle administering a drug to Kaine a couple of months after doing away with Kyron -- both without an accomplice which seemed difficult to secure.

ETA: Really interesting reading everyone's theories. I only wish this was an episode of a crime show rather than real speculation over Kyron's disappearance. :sick:

I really dont think she had an accomplise,,she tryed to get help before without much luck and also people would notice a strange man or women lurking around without a kid !!!

What do we know about TH?
Is she still a heavy drinker?
Looking a pictures on the news TH still had a thin shape after
delivering her baby.
But in 18 months I noticed she left herself go........drinking?

BBM - I wanted to post this observation earlier, but it didn't seem appropriate.

However, in light of recent news (divorce, RO, alleged murder-for-hire), I think that her RECENT weight change could have something to do with poor Kyron's disappearance.

My theory isn't much different than most on this thread, but I do think that there is something to her WEIGHT GAIN.

I noticed immediately that pictures with her right after Baby K. was born, she was still quite fit. From the pictures, she didn't let herself get out of shape until quite recently.

Passionflower's quote above was posted on the thread about TMH's DUI, and wonders if drinking (IMO recent, heavy drinking, if so) could play a role... I would add to that the many prescription meds (esp for mood disorders) that cause you to put on weight rapidly.

Some of these meds have been alleged to cause suicidal thoughts/actions, and unfortunately I know from experience how some can react "badly" (to put it mildly) with certain personality types...

That being said, my theory is not that TMH has mental issues (indeed she may have) but that a particular combo of prescription meds and/or drinking and/or drugs could very well have helped move TMH into action.:waitasec:

That's all I have so far.:blushing:

I really dont think she had an accomplise,,she tryed to get help before without much luck and also people would notice a strange man or women lurking around without a kid !!!
May I add to your theory:
unless it was someone that he knew .............
that belonged there also, another child's parent, friend of TH????

BBM - I wanted to post this observation earlier, but it didn't seem appropriate.

However, in light of recent news (divorce, RO, alleged murder-for-hire), I think that her RECENT weight change could have something to do with poor Kyron's disappearance.

My theory isn't much different than most on this thread, but I do think that there is something to her WEIGHT GAIN.

I noticed immediately that pictures with her right after Baby K. was born, she was still quite fit. From the pictures, she didn't let herself get out of shape until quite recently.

Passionflower's quote above was posted on the thread about TMH's DUI, and wonders if drinking (IMO recent, heavy drinking, if so) could play a role... I would add to that the many prescription meds (esp for mood disorders) that cause you to put on weight rapidly.

Some of these meds have been alleged to cause suicidal thoughts/actions, and unfortunately I know from experience how some can react "badly" (to put it mildly) with certain personality types...

That being said, my theory is not that TMH has mental issues (indeed she may have) but that a particular combo of prescription meds and/or drinking and/or drugs could very well have helped move TMH into action.:waitasec:

That's all I have so far.:blushing:

ITA......this is part of my theory:..........rage, revenge on Kaine, freedom,
depression, anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads