Poll- Was the bag the Meter Reader saw in August the same bag he found in December?

Is the bag MR found in August the same bag he found in December?

• Absolutely the same bag

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Maybe the same bag

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • Absolutely NOT the same bag

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 77 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But Who knows if it was actually there or not in August.

I think it is reasonable to assume that he reported a bag on Aug 11 because the OCSO dispatcher summary of the call mentions a bag. It seems to have been edited out of the call that can be found on media sites.

Only forensics will have that answer.

I hope they do, but the answer requires the application of forensic science and there may be limitations to certainty.

Since he didn't stay to actually show the officer the bag in August we don't know if he really spotted it or actually spotted anything.

You may be confused on this. He wasn't there to meet LE on Aug 11, but he was there to meet them on Aug 13. On Aug 13, he had the opportunity to point his finger at any bag(s) and say that he thinks it is (they are) suspicious and should be checked out.

We have heard various stories about what happened there on Aug 13 - including that suspicious things were checked out and determined to be unrelated trash; and that deputy(s) came flying out of the woods because of a snake and never really checked anything out.

I think it is reasonable to assume that he reported a bag on Aug 11 because the OCSO dispatcher summary of the call mentions a bag. It seems to have been edited out of the call that can be found on media sites.

I hope they do, but the answer requires the application of forensic science and there may be limitations to certainty.

You may be confused on this. He wasn't there to meet LE on Aug 11, but he was there to meet them on Aug 13. On Aug 13, he had the opportunity to point his finger at any bag(s) and say that he thinks it is (they are) suspicious and should be checked out.

We have heard various stories about what happened there on Aug 13 - including that suspicious things were checked out and determined to be unrelated trash; and that deputy(s) came flying out of the woods because of a snake and never really checked anything out.

I find it very unusual that he left on the 11th. If I visually spotted a bag in the Anthony's neighborhood at that particular period in time I'd stay to make sure LE took custody of that bag. I also wonder if he was simply acting off of a tip (as LP suggests) that a bag was there and it contained Caylee's remains. If that were the case, he may have felt that he didn't actually need to visually locate the bag. He just trusted the tip that it was actually there.
On the 13th, I can't understand why more effort wasn't put into retrieving this bag. Reports I've read state that the MR could accurately locate the bag.
I do believe that the forensic will show if this bag had been moved. I'm not as sure of their ability to determine with much accuracy if the bag was really there in August versus December.

When the MR was unsuccessful in August, the tipster may have gone to the A's PI's with the tip in November. Maybe that is why they were looking around that location in November. IMO, the goal (someone's goal) was to have the remains recovered a lot sooner than they were.

On the 13th, I can't understand why more effort wasn't put into retrieving this bag. Reports I've read state that the MR could accurately locate the bag.

The thing is, if "the bag" was located and determined to contain unrelated trash, then LE may be under no obligation to take the bag and contents. If the MR and LE are mutually satisfied that the suspicious things (that's gonna have to include that round white thing) are not suspicious after all... then both of them can leave thinking "false alarm".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen