Pop-Up Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it yesterday and today using my iPhone/Safari. Woohoo, I won a gift card from Cox.

I'm really tired of "winning" things (malware,viruses?) here. And something called apismall is taking over my phone on WS now. These aren't ads, they are spam and it's so annoying.

I'm really tired of "winning" things (malware,viruses?) here. And something called apismall is taking over my phone on WS now.

Same with me. It says 'page not found' from an 'apismall' weblink

I just got two in a row. had two threads open, and they both jumped to these obnoxious takeover ads. IPadPro using Safari.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 80
iPad, Safari. I'm getting a popup that tells me I've won something, but I need to do a survey first.

I have an app on my computer that is telling me WS is running 49 ads on a page. If I go to the NY Times homepage, it tells me there are 9 ads.

iPad, Safari. I'm getting a popup that tells me I've won something, but I need to do a survey first.

I have an app on my computer that is telling me WS is running 49 ads on a page. If I go to the NY Times homepage, it tells me there are 9 ads.

49 ads? That seems exorbitant, WS, is this accurate? No wonder we have trouble, if this is right.

49 ads? That seems exorbitant, WS, is this accurate? No wonder we have trouble, if this is right.

I'm just going by what my little icon shows, and the number goes up and down, but I haven't seen it go below 30 for this page. At the moment it's at 40. See little red numbers in upper right corner.

I don't know what it means, but probably it's an indication that something is taking a huge draw.

Attachments

• WS.jpg
    WS.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 13
  • NYTimes.jpg
    NYTimes.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 13
Has anyone alerted a Mod about this issue & 49 ads running?

As far as I know I am the only one who has (before I heard of the 49 ads running). Maybe if more alerted, someone would be more apt to respond? It is being talked about in.other threads, too.

As far as I know I am the only one who has (before I heard of the 49 ads running). Maybe if more alerted, someone would be more apt to respond? It is being talked about in.other threads, too.

I just alerted on the post about the ads to try to get someones attention. :)

I only have the issue when using my iPhone. My laptop is fine. This is the only site that triggers it. I wish the admin. Would look into it

I only have the issue when using my iPhone. My laptop is fine. This is the only site that triggers it. I wish the admin. Would look into it
Same here. only happens when using iPads (I have 3), never on PC.

Today I am trying using the iPad with Java script turned off and no ad-block program. I was going to say most everything is working well [see end of post for problems without Java use], but I cannot see any videos posted; which would be somewhat tolerable (but annoying) except when someone posts only a video such as here:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Urbana-9-June-2017&p=13451546#post13451546it looked like a mod posted a blank message. I clicked on "reply to post" and saw there was supposed to be a video. So then I have to go back to settings to turn Java on, watch video, then go back to settings to turn Java off to be able to continue using WS. Also ..... with Java turned off, my posts (as you can see here) do not show separate paragraphs, although I did separate them! And I cannot bold, use icons, etc.. ;-(. surely, this is not the accepted practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea