Pop-Up Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for me until I swapped to Tapatalk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Well .... I spoke too soon. I give up. I was trying to type out a message when I got the pop ups again. I had no ad-block, Java was disabled, no ability to separate paragraphs or use icons, or edit (bold, etc). Then I got two separate whole page ads pop up in two separate threads. I have turned back on both Java and ad-blocker and no problems.

I have added the link to these ads as appear in my bar:

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]http://us.5dj34bre.top/amz/amz.php?brand=Apple&model=iPad&ip=71.227.118.138&city=Ann%20Arbor&browser=Mobile%20Safari&os=IOS&osversion=IOS%2010.3&browserversion=Mobile%20Safari%2010&isp=Comcast%20Cable%20Communications%20inc.#[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay][Congratulations ... your iPad has won][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]http://m.ueplaza.com/?u=utVvNsjtKp1zVqWx56lqLen3H75l4u4xHbanFwGYUn75CwWQHyn0CtyRxB2SFe2pGx3JWfy=UwmldbETatUsN&_utm=az99[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay][Congratulations, Facebook has selected you...][/FONT][/FONT]

I don't know if I can continue to use WS. I am so frustrated with the all-day, every day problems. :tears:

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 10
Mine started with the ones mentioned above then moved to "adult "crap.

Spellbound, have you tried Tapatalk? Steep learning curve. Much easier to read. Harder to navigate, but zero popups. I thought i had a virus. Soon figured out these popups were only on WS.

Spellbound, have you tried Tapatalk? Steep learning curve. Much easier to read. Harder to navigate, but zero popups. I thought i had a virus. Soon figured out these popups were only on WS.

Thank you. No, I haven't tried it and would prefer not to add another app, especially to only use for this one site... I suppose it could be my last resort, though. Too many people here have not liked Tapatalk, so I am very hesitant. I will wait to see if we hear back from any mods/help-tech.

Thank you. No, I haven't tried it and would prefer not to add another app, especially to only use for this one site... I suppose it could be my last resort, though. Too many people here have not liked Tapatalk, so I am very hesitant. I will wait to see if we hear back from any mods/help-tech.
I wish you good luck. Tapatalk was also my last resort 4 or 5 months ago when more and more people started having issues with pop ups here.

I know :-/ it said something like, since your viewing of 18+ adult fun sites we thought you may like
...blah blah blah. :-/ I almost died. Pinterest, Facebook, Websleuths & Reddit are my hangouts. Plus, I'm old. No sites to which they were referring. And it only happened here!

Today I am trying using the iPad with Java script turned off and no ad-block program. I was going to say most everything is working well [see end of post for problems without Java use], but I cannot see any videos posted; which would be somewhat tolerable (but annoying) except when someone posts only a video such as here:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Urbana-9-June-2017&p=13451546#post13451546it looked like a mod posted a blank message. I clicked on "reply to post" and saw there was supposed to be a video. So then I have to go back to settings to turn Java on, watch video, then go back to settings to turn Java off to be able to continue using WS. Also ..... with Java turned off, my posts (as you can see here) do not show separate paragraphs, although I did separate them! And I cannot bold, use icons, etc.. ;-(. surely, this is not the accepted practice?

I've been doing this too for quite a while because I simply couldn't use WS with all the videos running. It means that you miss things, and it takes extra time. Frankly, I would prefer to be able to follow WS with all the ads because I know that is revenue for keeping the site open. But, other than a day or two a couple of weeks ago, I haven't been able to read the pages if Java Script is enabled.

:-( somehow once it starts it gets worse and more often.

I got it to slow down temporarily by clearing history in all browsers. & clearing cache, too. Did a hard start / reset on both devices. A few days later it started again. But
Not a single ad anywhere since using tapatalk. If I forget and log on thru a browser it starts again. I give up.

I clear history/cookies and hard start at least every morning and early evening.

😑

Woohoo, I won a gift card via Amazon! It's now happening daily on my iPhone.

I remember that one, too. Trying to get rid of it...aCck!

I've been getting: "You won an AT&T gift card". I'm using Chrome on Galaxy S7 (not using Tapatalk because I couldn't find threads as easily). The gift card ad ends up taking over the entire page of Chrome. The only way to get rid of it is to completely close that tab. Happens almost daily. Also, WS is the only page that runs slowly on a regular basis on my PC. It's an obvious difference between other webpages I visit. I would pay a small fee to avoid pop-ups and have regular browsing speed.

I have only had pop up problems on my phone with WS so I never use my phone. I always use my laptop and don't have any problems. I do use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA