Possible Matches for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years back, myself and a few others found a second female in the CA area who shares the Kukoda surname. Her date of birth is within 6 months of Annas. After a two year search I FINALLY found contact information for someone very close to her. Dr. Doogie was kind enough to make contact with this person who was in turn able to give us some information and review Anna's pictures. He was kind enough to reply and let us know after reviewing the pictures there was no way she was our girl.

Thank you Dr. Doogie for making contact and a special thank you to the person who so kindly replied to Doogie assisting us in ruling out NB as Anna! TY!

...Doogie, were you ever able to contact the correct D M V and confirm she is not Anna?

I, for the life of me, cannot remember this possible lead and what may or may not have been pursued. I will review the thread and let you know.

I have mentioned in the past how damnable coincidences have frustrated our search when we thought that we may have been close. The following is a good recent example.

I found a woman by the name of Dr. Christina Waters who was a very interesting candidate for being Anna. In addition to the closeness of the name, here is a list of reasons I took a good look at her:

*The strong resembelence between this woman and Annasmom. (see pictures below)

*This woman was raised in Santa Cruz - fifty miles away from Half Moon Bay and the next town of any note heading south on Highway 1.

*She was a college professor like Annasmom.

*She was a journalist like Annasmom.

*She is involved in long distance running like Annasbro.

*She is active in organic food co-ops like Anna's family was at the time of her disappearance.

*She is active in current anti-war / peace movements like Annasmom and Dr. George Waters were during the Viet Nam era.

There were other smaller clues that showed multiple similarities between this woman and members of Anna's family - nothing definitive, but all pushing me toward thinking that I had found something important.

Unfortunately, there was one other important fact that escaped me until much time had been spent researching this woman: She is a full twenty years older than Anna. :doh: Dr. Waters was nice enough to return my very strange phone call and explained that she was much older than Anna (later confirmed by independent research). Based on the photograph below, I never would have guessed her to be near 60 years old, but multiple sources back up that age (including that she was attending graduate school in 1973 - something that would have been beyond the abilities of even a remarkably bright kindergartener).

The amazing coincidences between Anna and "C" showed us how two different people can have stunningly similar memories. This episode reminds us of how two seperate people can share similar traits and looks also.

I just want to say thanks for the pic of Anna's mom and Anna together.
It's beautiful.

Ozzie,

Great link, never thought of looking up names against photos, another way for me to search stuff.

I looked up the one girl who is an actress and she has some features that fit, so I emailed her. If she in not who we are looking for, I told her about the book and maybe she will read it and who knows, it is one more person looking in some way.

Thanks!!

Ozzie,

Great link, never thought of looking up names against photos, another way for me to search stuff.

I looked up the one girl who is an actress and she has some features that fit, so I emailed her. If she in not who we are looking for, I told her about the book and maybe she will read it and who knows, it is one more person looking in some way.

Thanks!!
I think this was the Tasmanian actress in post No. 10 of this thread...

I don't know if she is the same person that I emailed, but I do know that the chances of her growing up with the name she was kidnapped by is less than I have a number for. But I emailed anyway....:angel:

bump.

I thought this was the actress that Doogie asked to please not contact. She's received a great bit of emails etc. and IIRC Doogie asked that we not contact her because she has been ruled out.

Doogie, is this the same person that I am thinking about? I don't recall where you posted asking people to not contact her. (I'll link it if I can find that specific post from Doogie).

I realize this thread was buried on the second page of this forum, so bumping to the first page so the newer members can see this has been ruled out.

There are four women that are members of the Kukoda family that are being examined as possible matches to Anna. Two have been eliminated since Kukoda is their married name (Kari and Anne M.). Two more are still being looked at. Updates to come.

Doogie, when you posted this, you mentioned two more Kukoda women were being looked at. Two eliminated here as indicated in your above post. The post prior to the one above you ruled out Karen, and recently we ruled out NB. That is the 4 total correct? I'm asking because you indicated above 2 more were being looked at and I want to confirm the two would be Karen and NB or NB and is there yet another?

Just trying to clarify, thanks!

This is definitely not Anna Waters the Australian actress. This lady is the founding member of "Tees for Trees" in North Carolina.

I don't know if she is the same person that I emailed, but I do know that the chances of her growing up with the name she was kidnapped by is less than I have a number for. But I emailed anyway....:angel:

Hi Bern,

I understand what you are saying but, some women keep there maiden name when they marry.

Also, Anna would be 42 now and in this day and age there is a high possibility that she may have been married and divorced and returned to her maiden name.

There is also the possibility that her name was changed by her abductors but we need to consider anyone that might be Anna.

I google Anna's name from time to time to see if there is anything new and this is the first time I have come across this lady. This picture was taken in April 2009.

Is there anyone on here from North Carolina that may be able to find some info locally to at least try to establish her age? I'm not sure if "Tees for Trees" is a retail outlet or only wholesale. If it's a retail store, someone from NC could maybe go in to the store.

Ozzie,

Hope I didn't offend you, I just thought that her name would have been changed if she was kidnapped but you are on the right track. I emailed the woman who is blond and is the actress, don't know from where, she came up along side Anna's age progression photo and she had some similar features.

Ozzie,

Hope I didn't offend you, I just thought that her name would have been changed if she was kidnapped but you are on the right track. I emailed the woman who is blond and is the actress, don't know from where, she came up along side Anna's age progression photo and she had some similar features.

Hi Bern,

You did not offend me at all. It's great to have people throw questions and opinions in, makes us all keep thinking :)

The actress is Australian, like me, and the link I posted is not her.

So here is the reply from the Anna I emailed that apparently is an actress in Australia.

Ozzie I don't know which one is the one you are referring too, but I will be happy to email her if you want me too. I didn't get the correct one, sorry.

Hi Bernadette,
what a very sad story. Sorry Im not the Anna you're looking for. I was born In Tasmania, Australia.

I wish you every luck in your search and hope her poor family gets some closure eventually. As a mother myself I can only imagine the heartache she must go through.

Good luck

Anna Waters-Massey

Since it looks as if this movie just won't go away, I'll add that there were two different movies with the same title. One was a "Lifetime Channel" movie with no connection to our case and the other was a British film which had an actress named Anna Waters portraying a character named Donna. There is no information on the popular search engines about this actress unless she is the same actress who later used the name Anna Waters-Massey.

Sorry I got her email and then found this thread as Cubby bumped it up. I posted her reply in the other thread. I am still catching up trying to read all the work you guys have done and all the things you have already ruled out.

I'm not even sure if this is the same person Bern.... was awaiting confirmation from Doogie.

So here is the reply from the Anna I emailed that apparently is an actress in Australia.

Ozzie I don't know which one is the one you are referring too, but I will be happy to email her if you want me too. I didn't get the correct one, sorry.

Hi Bernadette,
what a very sad story. Sorry Im not the Anna you're looking for. I was born In Tasmania, Australia.

I wish you every luck in your search and hope her poor family gets some closure eventually. As a mother myself I can only imagine the heartache she must go through.

Good luck

Anna Waters-Massey

Hi Bern,

The Anna Waters that you emailed above was ruled out quite some time ago as she has bright blue eyes.

I think we should hold off contacting the Anna Waters that I have found.

Generally, we try to do as much research and collect as much info on someone before making direct contact with them so as not to invade anyone's privacy unnecessarily.

Normally, if a decision is made to contact an individual, contact would be made by one of our more senior/experienced sleuthers eg; Dr Doogie, SherlokJr, Cubby or Juelessleuther.

I really appreciate your enthusiasm but I think we need to take this slowly and find out as much about this lady as we can before taking it any further.

I have been reading your posts and I think you have some fantastic point's of view and ideas and will contribute a great deal to Anna's forum.

I hope I have worded my post correctly as I mean it in a most respectful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname