Possible Victim: Natasha Jugo, 31, Queens, Body Washed Ashore and belongings found on Gilgo Beach Mar 2013 *car fnd Ocean Pkwy*

http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.n...ne-williams-brooklyn-new-york-january-20-2013

It looks like this is the way they describe missing people who live within the precinct districts. It is confusing but there are several others that say the same type thing but then describe an intersection or some other place where the missing person was last seen.

Yup. "Within the confines of the precinct" does not equate to "within the confines of the police station". They are talking about the whole district covered by those Police.

Looks unusual for a mug shot.

Typo?? When I click the first photo (via link below) it says:

The New York City Police Department is asking the public's assistance ascertaining the whereabouts of Natasha Fugo, reported missing from within the confines of the 111 Precinct. (March 18, 2013)
Photo Credit: DCPI

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...s-as-woman-missing-near-gilgo-beach-1.4833422

That weird wording means that she was in the 111th precinct, which is a geographical area, when she went missing. It kind of implies that whoever reported her missing was also from the 111th precinct.

It doesn't mean the police station.

I'll spare you my diatribe about people who think using fancy words makes writing clearer...

That weird wording means that she was in the 111th precinct, which is a geographical area, when she went missing. It kind of implies that whoever reported her missing was also from the 111th precinct.

It doesn't mean the police station.

I'll spare you my diatribe about people who think using fancy words makes writing clearer...

You can diatribe all you want, carbuff. I'm sure I'd agree with your point of view on that :)

What's funny about this is... I didn't even notice the "missing from the precinct" wording... I only noticed the misspelling of her last name. (I missed the forest because I was focusing on the tree.)

Wouldnt her body wash ashore if she walked into the water as a means of suicide?

You can diatribe all you want, carbuff. I'm sure I'd agree with your point of view on that :)

What's funny about this is... I didn't even notice the "missing from the precinct" wording... I only noticed the misspelling of her last name. (I missed the forest because I was focusing on the tree.)

I have to wonder how many missing persons matches aren't made because somebody's name is spelled wrong somewhere.

Wouldnt her body wash ashore if she walked into the water as a means of suicide?

Not necessarily, and potentially not right away. I'm not familiar with the currents in that area, so I'll have to stick with generalities -- but when the water's very cold, a body will tend to sink, and then it will rise again as the water starts to warm up in the spring. I presume the water is still quite cold there.

If she walked into the water while the tide was receding, it could have pulled her far away from shore, especially if she swam out. Then the currents would pull her body along -- so she'd probably eventually wash ashore somewhere. Where would probably depend on things like storms, wind shifts, tides, water temperatures...on and on.

Currents do tend to run parallel to island shores, though, and the shape of the beaches and points along the southern Long Island shore look to me like she would probably have drifted east, toward Long Beach or Rockaway or even New Jersey.

I think we are clear on the true meaning of "within the confines of the precinct" now. And I have a pretty good understanding of the meaning of "light splotched". But what does "NYPD Photo" mean?

reported missing from within the confines of the 111 Precinct.!!!!!

Somebody had better tell Hawkshaw. They've lost SG's jacket, they have lost the items of SG that they found in the marsh, and now this?

All due respect, I do not comprehend your post.

For starters, what does the 111th Precinct in Queens/NYC have to do with SG?

Secondly, what items of SG's were lost from the marsh????

Very confusing post.

Very confusing post.

I think s/he thought Jugo had gone missing from the police station.

I think s/he thought Jugo had gone missing from the police station.

Yes, during that flurry of excitement when we were laboring under the misapprehension that NJugo went missing from the police station(!), I(he) was recalling that other things have also gone missing when in the hands of LE. I think we all have heard they lost SG's jacket. And I am glad you asked, because I have read it twice now that the items of SG that were found in the marsh are now missing. I will look for a link, and if I find one I will post it in an SG thread.

Why not leave them in the car? If she was suicidal, shedding her clothes and walking to the water to drown... why would she take her driver's license and wallet??

exactly what I was thinking--you'd leave them in the car, no?

exactly what I was thinking--you'd leave them in the car, no?

I dunno. I usually carry my wallet and license in my pants pocket or jacket pocket if I have one. So I'd have it with me as I left the car.

Though the way it's described, it makes it sound like she took it out to make sure there wasn't any doubt about who she she was, and where.

I dunno. I usually carry my wallet and license in my pants pocket or jacket pocket if I have one.

Though the way it's described, it makes it sound like she took it out to make sure there wasn't any doubt about who she she was, and where.

maybe--but unless the car is NOT reg. to her, they would have that info after running the plate, or even if it was reg to mom/dad, they would know it was her using the car after reaching them--

Very confusing post.

Sorry for the confusion. It turns out that I had misinterpreted something I read in the SG Timeline which said LE told SG's family they did not have her pocketbook, ID, or cell. It turns out it is very old news (from prior to those items later being found in the swamp). Sort of like, they didn't have them before they did.
And, the 111th Precinct in Queens/NYC has nothing to do with SG that I know of.
That was a facetious statement connecting two incidences of LE losing things. But I don't want to distract from this thread anymore than I already have.

Does anyone know of a case where someone has walked into the water to drown them self?
Of course it is possible and has probably been done before but it seems like....not sure how to explain what I am thinking...like an awkward way to commit suicide, and difficult.

Artist Jeremy Blake apparently did it a few years ago. Virginia Woolf did it but she weighed herself down with rocks.

It is a dramatic way to go.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname