Predictions for trial outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling would be that she would be in for life until the day she died hopefully at a very, very old age.

IMO this is the best punishment for her. I do believe in death but I don't think she should get off that easy. While I am sure it is horrible to sit on death row and think about your being put to death sometime in the years to come. I would rather her sit in prison and maybe someday she can think about what she did to Caylee and have to suffer with that day in and day out. Also probably be punished by other prisoners who have to think about what she did to Caylee every time they see her smug face. She would no longer be kept nice and safe in protective custody.

Hi MommaEarth- I have the same idea about life being worse than the DP because of the length of time.

I'm not sure that she will be attacked in a women's prison- there are a ton of women in jail who abused (or let the men abuse) and kill their children. I don't really know the stats, though.

JoAnn_W

Trial outcome?
Death penalty or Life?
Mistrial?

My prediction is that she will be found guilty- given life and win freedom on appeal. What's yours?

JoAnn

JoAnn why do you feel she will win an appeal? Just curious.

I think she will definitely be found guilty. I really cant decide if she will get the DP or LWOP.

I think she will be found guilty, and sentenced to LWOP.
I also feel that she will have to actually have money to pay new attorneys to go through the appeals process for her.. I believe her first appeal will be denied, and no more will be filed because she doesn't have the money to pay more lawyers..
The dream team will drop her after her conviction..JMHO, too many media appearances and books to write to deal with casey anthony..

Hi MommaEarth- I have the same idea about life being worse than the DP because of the length of time.

I'm not sure that she will be attacked in a women's prison- there are a ton of women in jail who abused (or let the men abuse) and kill their children. I don't really know the stats, though.

JoAnn_W

I don't feel she would have an easy time. While there are a handful of women child killers I am sure (makes me curious the number and where in the system they are LWOP, Death Row, etc) alot of women in prison have children at home that they aren't able to see and be with and miss very much.

If she is convicted of the charges, I think she will be sentenced to death. I think this will be appealed, and the sentence will be changed to life.
Based on all the evidence we have before us in the docs, etc, I think there is a possibility that one person on the jury may have reasonable doubt, which I think would lead to a mistrial. moo

As far as what I believe should happen:
Guilty- Life

As far as what I think might happen:
Mistrial because all you need is one rogue juror, and even though I cannot comprehend it, I see a few members here with doubt about the evidence, so I think there is a slight possibilty there could be one hold out where a verdict cannot be reached and a mistrial occurs.

ETA: heehee DA great minds think alike...

My prediction: She will plead guilty at the very last minute (probably while jury is deliberating) and her plea will be something along the lines of aggravated manslaughter. She will receive a sentence of 25 years to life and will probably serve between 15 and 20 years of it. I hope I am wrong about this, but it is the way I see this going.

I agree 100%. I think JB & Co. will take this to the very last possible minute then she will plead guilty to a lesser charge. I will be outraged as I'm sure thousands of others will be. KC will gloat, JB & CA will run their mouths on every network that will have them and justice will never really be served for little Caylee. I predict KC will serve less than 15 years.:furious:

Guilty, with dp, but doubt we'll ever see execution...election years come and go, executions are put off....

Guilty. LWOP, unless there is even more damning evidence we have yet to see, then definitely the DP.

casey's a sociopath. she has no empathy for her daughter, the guy she let think was caylee's dad, the woman her parents tried to frame as the nanny, the guy who found caylee's body.
sociopaths have no place, even in prison. strap her into the chair or the gurney or whatever method they use in florida.

As much as I would love for her to be put to death for the crime she committed, she will probably only get LWOP because of her "never committed a crime before". Defenese will plead to spare her life cause poor poor poor C.A. No telling what they will come up with.
I have often thought of her getting LWOP I think will be worse on her. I have heard the women in prison don't like child killers just as bad as the men don't. JMO.

JoAnn why do you feel she will win an appeal? Just curious.

Mostly because she has a history of getting away with things. Also, because the appeal will come after many years- and emotions will no longer be as high; they say the DNA, forensic evidence doesn't connect her.

JoAnn_W

I'm undecided. I keep thinking of the OJ trial and get nauseous. If this wasn't high profile, oh yeah, she would probably get the DP.

I'm undecided. I keep thinking of the OJ trial and get nauseous. If this wasn't high profile, oh yeah, she would probably get the DP.

I might really get myself some really negative comments, but I thought the outcome of the OJ trial was the fault of the prosecution. Yes, I thought he was (is) as guilty as he??, however the prosecution spent so much time mugging for the cameras, going on and on, and were so confident they would get a guilty verdict, they just weren't paying attention to the fancy dancing of the defense team.
In this trial, I think we've seen a taste of how sharp and determined the prosecution will be and there will be no comparison between the two.
And now a nod to some comedy - picture Baez "fancy dancing". Duh!

I think she will be found guilty, and sentenced to LWOP.
I also feel that she will have to actually have money to pay new attorneys to go through the appeals process for her.. I believe her first appeal will be denied, and no more will be filed because she doesn't have the money to pay more lawyers..
The dream team will drop her after her conviction..JMHO, too many media appearances and books to write to deal with casey anthony..

Oh, interesting point, mydailyopinions. I didn't even think about her possibly losing her dream team for round #2. Ohhhh, now I have to think about this.

JoAnn_W

If the murder trial proceeds and no plea is offered/accepted, at this point it looks to me like Casey will get 25 years - life. Though the DP is justified in some cases, I don't believe that it is, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member