Predictions for trial outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree World, in that I predict a life sentence for Casey. Florida just doesn't keep many women on death row (even if they have been sentenced to death by a jury).

Life is fine with me, I think she will suffer more that way. She will be locked up in protective custody, 23 hours a day in a cell by herself (atleast for awhile). She will be marked by the other inmates because of her baby killer status. She will be hated.

She will Plead Guilty at the last minute, so to avoid trial, and will be given the death penalty as a sentence after she let's everyone know what really and truly happened.

She will go through the appeals process, and will be unsuccessful, and she will have chili for her last supper, once the appeals are exhausted.

She will Plead Guilty at the last minute, so to avoid trial, and will be given the death penalty as a sentence after she let's everyone know what really and truly happened.

She will go through the appeals process, and will be unsuccessful, and she will have chili for her last supper, once the appeals are exhausted.
Is it true that the defendant can wait until the trial is almost over and decide to plead guilty ? Even if she does plead guilty, she doesn't have to give a detailed account of what happened, only that she is guilty of what she is charged with, is that correct ?

Dunno about KC, but I see a reality show in C & G's future....perhaps then KC won't mind their visits being taped and shown on TV....$$$$$.

I think Casey will wait until the trial is almost over. If it's pretty clear she will be convicted, she'll take the stand and say it was an accident. She'll say she lied about everything because she was afraid no one would believe her. The jury won't buy it and they will convict her and give her the DP.

IMO

I still can't make up my mind about premeditation vs. reaction. But where a child's life, or any life, is concerned, I would err on the side of caution. This "mother" never even bothered to report her "missing" little girl for a month...

But she did find the time to party, dance, get a tatoo, shop, steal, run over squirrels, get flat tires, steal gas cans, borrow a shovel (to get those darned bamboo shoots, of course!!), spend hours (in total) in either voice calls ot texts, and didn't at all seem concerned about where her little girl was, in the least.

So was she so worried about the bamboo going beserk in her parents' garden that she had to go to a neighbour to borrow a shovel to tend to it in their absence, after she had "moved out"?

When she broke into their garage/shed to get the gas cans, why didn't she get the shovel that was supposedly there as well?

Bottom line... I don't think so.

Just my opinion.

Remembering one of Casey's myspace graphics with the little girl and the rope hanging down, and the message: "Why do people kill people who kill people?"

Casey knew she might be spending "an eternity" in jail, and she had thought of the Death Penalty before. She was betting on her lies, charms, stubborn silence, and time. Now, it looks like she's betting on her Defense Team which is another bad move.

She will spend "an eternity" in jail, at the very best.

Hi nyvictoria. Why do you think she won't get the DP?

JoAnn_W

My personal feelings aside, I just don't think the jury will be able to sentence a young woman to death.

jmo

I think there is an emerging probability that there isn't going to be a trial. After this ruling, there may be a higher probability that a plea deal might end this case.

I guess you must be referring to the ruling about to come out.

I think there is an emerging probability that there isn't going to be a trial. After this ruling, there may be a higher probability that a plea deal might end this case.

What makes you think this, Themis?

I don't think she will ever give into a plea deal, but would love to hear your reasons.

If a plea deal happens I believe it will happen very late, perhaps part way into the trial. I just keep thinking how far she walked down that hallway before admitting the truth about the fantasy office.

I think allowing AL to go ON, and ON, and ON, and ON.....in last Friday's hearing is such a waste of the courts time (what a joke....not funny), and I for one was screaming at JS to shut her UP already.....the best he could do was say "aren't we re-inventing the wheel here?", or something to that affect. If he let's her continue on with her other dozen or so motions on this same issue, I will definately think our justice system is a joke.

What makes you think this, Themis?

I don't think she will ever give into a plea deal, but would love to hear your reasons.
When it finally hits home to KC that the prosecution is not bluffing and her defense lawyers do not have the right to just cut them off with an objection -- it will get very real to her. It wasn't very real before. The dysfunctional relationships -- controlling her family's expressions and being able to avoid the truth and consequences have crippled her in being able to see what is coming in a situation like this. This hearing, her prodding JB to make him stop, JB's telling her he could not. AL grabbing her arm to keep her from jumping up, trying to walk away, etc -- "No, you have to stay." These are hugely new things. The prosecution being adamant -- to the Court -- not just posturing to KC -- was really huge. There is no bluffing here. The closer they get to trial, the less the SA is going to be interested in making any deal at all. This is not a misdemeanor case or a low level felony that is dealt on a multi-case calendar. This is a single case with a lot of attention and if they go much closer to trial, the opportunity to deal it away may technically be there but is not likely to happen. At some point, when the prosecution is fully prepared, witnesses gathered, experts assembled, costs spent etc, they might as well go forward. AL is doing everything she can to bring that home to KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes