Preliminary Report Human Remains are not Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a lot of this (assumption) on the media as well. They were reporting it like it was a foregone conclusion, without any confirmation of anything.

I imagine Michell county LE initially came to the scene because they have a missing person from the adjacent county...it may have been no more simple than that. IMHO everyone took it and ran with it.

If you go to the first thread within the first 30 posts or so Kimster listed those that we know are missing in the area. I'll be back with a link in a minute.

Here you go.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7701868&postcount=15"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Remains found in Big Spring[/ame]

I am going back to lurking. I have never felt so stupid for putting my neck out there and being so confident.

Oh SDT, no, please don't feel like that ! Many of us thought this was Hailey !

I was very confident it was Hailey ! I am just shocked that it is not Hailey, the remains being so close to Shawn's mother's home ...

:rose: for Hailey :rose:

I'm stunned. I hope they can identify who it is and give the family some closure.

I bet LE have been watching BD and SA very closely during all of this.

I am going back to lurking. I have never felt so stupid for putting my neck out there and being so confident.

Don't, even official people said what, the items in there pointed to it being Hailey. I feel I've been Al Capone vaulted. THUD. And double THUD.

There is just something I can't put my finger on here....but it's not feeling right, who the heck is this? And for them to think it was Hailey, the bodies must have been about the same age, same time frame etc. I don't remember anyone else missing.....

Grandmaj called me at work with the news. I've never EVER seen such a thing in ANY cases.

I'm shocked and appalled, to say the least.

Please stay and post. Your input was appreciated :)

Well now we know why Clint didn't leave the oil rig they (LE) must have told him but not the media it was not her. Something to watch for in the future I think!

Well now we know why Clint didn't leave the oil rig they (LE) must have told him but not the media it was not her. Something to watch for in the future I think!

Thank you!

I feel so bad for the deceased family but so glad it's not Hailey!!!! :rose:

So, why were so many leaking to the press that they were so sure this was Hailey?

Seriously, I've never seen leaking like this before and the information being SO WRONG.

There is just something I can't put my finger on here....but it's not feeling right, who the heck is this? And for them to think it was Hailey, the bodies must have been about the same age, same time frame etc. I don't remember anyone else missing.....

I totally agree... I'm stunned.

Why all the leaks to the media from "sources close to the investigation"? Why all the a$$-covering from Billie and Shawn's lawyers about "they're a couple/they're not a couple"? Why the lawyers coming out at all? Why didn't LE shut down all the speculation sooner? What was with that crazy press conference with no information?

Something does not feel right at all. I hope someone will get some closure from this find, and I am glad for the renewed focus on Hailey.

What if HD isnt his first victim? This creeps me out.

This was my immediate thought: Maybe we have the right perp and the wrong victim.

It just seems SO unlikely for this body to be within a mile of SA's alibi for that morning. I mean, what are those odds? And what kind of clothing or items with the remains indicated it might be Hailey? Do any of those missing young men have long hair? Folks speculated the body had been there for between six months and two years-- kimster's list of regional missing had the most recent as 2003/9 years ago. Not adding up for me.

Something's really off... :waitasec:

I'm shocked. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Maybe Hailey really did run far away from this crazy bunch of people.

(I don't really believe that but I'm just stunned by the latest turn of events ... )

JMO

Well I hope that area is thoroughly searched to see if Hailey is out there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea