Prescriptions on the Property

It means that they couldn't take the rxs, but they could write down what it was.

So, to take it a step further, what would the difference have to be for specific the items listed first vs. the prescriptions which they are only asking to "observe and note?"
Am I making sense here? What is the difference, in terms of how LE is asking for it, does it tell anything about what was found at the remains site?

No, I don't believe it does. I think they're hoping to get some kind of chemical read out from what was left of the body/tissue/tape/etc. If there were no obvious signs of trauma, it would be easy to deduce some kind of drug poisoning.

Just a thought, but ppl need their RX meds. so they just document them. Otherwise they would have to go out and get new prescription. They took pictures also. Some RX's might also have ongoing repeats, so a particular med may have been taken back during the time in question.

Any Rx's written for someone not living on the premises, any Rx's that that are illegal, any drugs that are only available by RX that were obtained other ways. very broad wording (understandably)

attachment.php

thanks to HotDog for the above :)

Here is the search warrant. The prescriptions are in the last sentence, listed a bit separately from the specific items, like the pony, stickers, clothing. What could that mean, what is the significance (if any) of the way it is worded?

Hi Capri. I took this to mean that LE needed to take note of any and all presriptions in the house that didn't belong to KC. Because if they were searching for any meds prescribed to KC, wouldn't they need to take them into evidence for possible toxicology testing...or even for questioning KC? If that's the case, then wouldn't the SW state specifically that they'd want any and all meds for KC and Caylee? Also, they know that GA is on meds, and there's a high probability that CA needs to take something with what she's been going through, so what would LE's need be to take them while knowing these people must need their medication? I'm thinking that LE only wants to see if any are prescribed to KC or Caylee, and if so, how do they factor into this crime? If so, can they use them to link to this crime? What's your take on it?

While looking into more information regarding two fellow posters discussion from another thread on whether KC is a sociopath or merely someone suffering from ODD, I found some information regarding a medication, Clonidine, a name which I was not familiar with. Upon further research, I discovered this medication is also a brand name, Catapres, which is used to treat withdrawal symptoms from alcohol, smoking, heroin, ODD, (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), ADHD, high blood pressure, and hot flash symptoms associated with menopause. These pills are available in 1mg, 2mg and 3 mg dosage and all the tablets are scored, meaning they have a line through the middle, and can be cut in half. Warnings for this medication urge caution with alcohol use and the use of other sedatives. These pills are tiny and could easily be administered to a small child. Not trying to refute everyone else's theory on the butter knife, but it certainly could have been used to score these tablets.
I originally thought maybe KC was dosing Caylee with some sort of codeine cough medication that she may have received following her alleged bruised rib, if a cough indeed led to a bruised rib. I have also considered the readily available OTC cough meds and benadryl. I am now leaning toward the use of prescription medication, although possibly with a mixture of OTCs.
We know hypertension is rampant, and we know CA was complaining of hot flashes and inability to sleep brought on by menopausal or at least perimenopausal symptoms. CA being a nurse could make her more likely to forgo hormonal replacement therapy and opt for a "safer" alternative to ease her symptoms. This is an older well studied medication and apparently is often prescribed in conjunction with other hypertensive medications.
My vote is for Catapres, or another antihypertensive agent, as we know GA took this type of medication while at the motel. Thoughts anyone?
There very well could have been a medication in this category used to drug Caylee, if it was in the home. I don't think KC would worry about dosing issues though by using a knife to "half" the pill. If the drug used to sedate and kill Caylee was taken from the house, I am sure LE can and has subpoenaed the pharmacy the Anthony's use to obtain records from the corresponding time. As far as looking for a specific drug during the December search warrant, I would think that any toxicology testing done might not have been returned so quickly...weren't the search warrants carried out right after the remains were found ? I would think that if they had located a specific drug via hair, bone testing, that knowledge would not have been available to the investigators until a week or so later..?

While looking into more information regarding two fellow posters discussion from another thread on whether KC is a sociopath or merely someone suffering from ODD, I found some information regarding a medication, Clonidine, a name which I was not familiar with. Upon further research, I discovered this medication is also a brand name, Catapres, which is used to treat withdrawal symptoms from alcohol, smoking, heroin, ODD, (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), ADHD, high blood pressure, and hot flash symptoms associated with menopause. These pills are available in 1mg, 2mg and 3 mg dosage and all the tablets are scored, meaning they have a line through the middle, and can be cut in half. Warnings for this medication urge caution with alcohol use and the use of other sedatives. These pills are tiny and could easily be administered to a small child. Not trying to refute everyone else's theory on the butter knife, but it certainly could have been used to score these tablets.
I originally thought maybe KC was dosing Caylee with some sort of codeine cough medication that she may have received following her alleged bruised rib, if a cough indeed led to a bruised rib. I have also considered the readily available OTC cough meds and benadryl. I am now leaning toward the use of prescription medication, although possibly with a mixture of OTCs.
We know hypertension is rampant, and we know CA was complaining of hot flashes and inability to sleep brought on by menopausal or at least perimenopausal symptoms. CA being a nurse could make her more likely to forgo hormonal replacement therapy and opt for a "safer" alternative to ease her symptoms. This is an older well studied medication and apparently is often prescribed in conjunction with other hypertensive medications.
My vote is for Catapres, or another antihypertensive agent, as we know GA took this type of medication while at the motel. Thoughts anyone?
There very well could have been a medication in this category used to drug Caylee, if it was in the home. I don't think KC would worry about dosing issues though by using a knife to "half" the pill. If the drug used to sedate and kill Caylee was taken from the house, I am sure LE can and has subpoenaed the pharmacy the Anthony's use to obtain records from the corresponding time. I do remember media reports, about the last search warrant carried out, and it was stated that LE took pictures of the medicine in the cabinet at the home. That, plus the wording on the warrant, does lead me to believe they had an idea as to what they were looking for.

There very well could have been a medication in this category used to drug Caylee, if it was in the home. IMO, I don't think KC would worry about dosing issues though by using a knife to "half" the pill. If the drug used to sedate and kill Caylee was taken from the house, I am sure LE can and has subpoenaed the pharmacy the Anthony's use to obtain records from the corresponding time. I remember media reports saying that LE took photographs of medicine in the cabinet at the home during the latest search warrant execution. That, plus the wording of the warrant itself, leads me to believe they might have had an idea as to what they were looking for.

There very well could have been a medication in this category used to drug Caylee, if it was in the home. IMO, I don't think KC would worry about dosing issues though by using a knife to "half" the pill. If the drug used to sedate and kill Caylee was taken from the house, I am sure LE can and has subpoenaed the pharmacy the Anthony's use to obtain records from the corresponding time. I remember media reports saying that LE took photographs of medicine in the cabinet at the home during the latest search warrant execution. That, plus the wording of the warrant itself, leads me to believe they might have had an idea as to what they were looking for.

Well I did a search for prescription; rx; medicine and even bottle and didn't find a thread on this.

Last night on Levi's show, Wendy Murphy pointed out that there has to be a reason that LE was so interested in sedatives at the A home. She said they can't just go in and take rx bottles unless they have a connection to the case. Could be that testing of Caylee's hair showed one or more of these drugs.

Thoughts?

Well I did a search for prescription; rx; medicine and even bottle and didn't find a thread on this.

Last night on Levi's show, Wendy Murphy pointed out that there has to be a reason that LE was so interested in sedatives at the A home. She said they can't just go in and take rx bottles unless they have a connection to the case. Could be that testing of Caylee's hair showed one or more of these drugs.

Thoughts?

IIRC, the only prescription medicine LE took was Caylee's. They compiled a detailed list of the Cindy's prescription drugs. I didn't see anything about prescription drugs for Casey or George. The latter surprised me as I thought he was on meds for at least one condition.

One of the meds that scared me was the empty bottle of Soma, or Carsopridol. I take that and Dr's don't even like to prescribe it at all. It's an opiate that is a muscle relaxer. It's potent, potent stuff. It's one of the strongest muscle relaxers available. I have RA and a spasming problem, I hate taking it because I'm a walking zombie then I pass out for hours upon hours. I refuse to take it if I'll be alone with my kids. I have a running Rx for it due to my issues but it lasts me forever. I'm one of those folks that can take Benedryl without batting an eye, or Xanax even but Soma is a scary scary drug. I keep it under lock and key due to the high theft rate AND because if my kids got into even the powder residue from it that could kill them.

Just an observation from one of the old meds they had in the cabinet, especially since it was an empty bottle.

Most of the sedatives, other than Lexapro used for depression were prescribed after Caylee went missing. I cant remember all the meds listed for Cindy but I remember thinking at the time they were not a huge deal. It did not list meds for George.
On the Clonidine, the label use for it is blood pressure. Off label use does include ADHD & mood disorder. My son takes this, 0.1 mg twice a day. When he first started it I asked why & the doc explained it helps smooth out the rough edges as Ritalin or a similar drug used for ADHD wears off....helps with the "crashes." I have had one of my grand children, when at about age of 3 took one of the clonidin by accident. My daughter had taken my son up his meds, left to run errands & I had the children. The little one got very very sleepy, disoriented, stumbling. I knew all our meds were secured to keep out of the childrens reach but also knew he acted like he had gotten ahold of something. I called my daughter & asked if she had seen her brother TAKE his meds, she said no. Knowing the other meds would have made the baby hyper, increased his heart rate, I figured out it had to be clonidine b/c it would lower the heart rate. Just to clarify, I was on my cell with daughter, calling 911 from house phone, had a neighbor holding the baby to keep him awake, putting his little feet in cold water to make him take that deep breath in. I did take him by ambulance, told them I was 99 percent sure it was the clonidine. He was admitted with IV fluids to be monitered & to just wait for the drug to leave his system. He was fine but I can see how a higher dose or more than one could kill a child as it is designed to decrease blood pressure.

The only thing I can figure is my son dropped the pill from the med cup, not realizing he did so. The toddler went in the room with his mommy when she was doing the meds. The kids all had popcorn up there the night before & I bet he thought that little white pill was a piece of popcorn & in his mouth it went.

One of the meds that scared me was the empty bottle of Soma, or Carsopridol. I take that and Dr's don't even like to prescribe it at all. It's an opiate that is a muscle relaxer. It's potent, potent stuff. It's one of the strongest muscle relaxers available. I have RA and a spasming problem, I hate taking it because I'm a walking zombie then I pass out for hours upon hours. I refuse to take it if I'll be alone with my kids. I have a running Rx for it due to my issues but it lasts me forever. I'm one of those folks that can take Benedryl without batting an eye, or Xanax even but Soma is a scary scary drug. I keep it under lock and key due to the high theft rate AND because if my kids got into even the powder residue from it that could kill them.

Just an observation from one of the old meds they had in the cabinet, especially since it was an empty bottle.

Oh my.

Most of the sedatives, other than Lexapro used for depression were prescribed after Caylee went missing. I cant remember all the meds listed for Cindy but I remember thinking at the time they were not a huge deal. It did not list meds for George.
On the Clonidine, the label use for it is blood pressure. Off label use does include ADHD & mood disorder. My son takes this, 0.1 mg twice a day. When he first started it I asked why & the doc explained it helps smooth out the rough edges as Ritalin or a similar drug used for ADHD wears off....helps with the "crashes." I have had one of my grand children, when at about age of 3 took one of the clonidin by accident. My daughter had taken my son up his meds, left to run errands & I had the children. The little one got very very sleepy, disoriented, stumbling. I knew all our meds were secured to keep out of the childrens reach but also knew he acted like he had gotten ahold of something. I called my daughter & asked if she had seen her brother TAKE his meds, she said no. Knowing the other meds would have made the baby hyper, increased his heart rate, I figured out it had to be clonidine b/c it would lower the heart rate. Just to clarify, I was on my cell with daughter, calling 911 from house phone, had a neighbor holding the baby to keep him awake, putting his little feet in cold water to make him take that deep breath in. I did take him by ambulance, told them I was 99 percent sure it was the clonidine. He was admitted with IV fluids to be monitered & to just wait for the drug to leave his system. He was fine but I can see how a higher dose or more than one could kill a child as it is designed to decrease blood pressure.

The only thing I can figure is my son dropped the pill from the med cup, not realizing he did so. The toddler went in the room with his mommy when she was doing the meds. The kids all had popcorn up there the night before & I bet he thought that little white pill was a piece of popcorn & in his mouth it went.

I'm so glad your grandson is ok. :blowkiss:

I never would have thought about putting the baby's feet in cold water - I'll keep that tip in the back of mind and hope I never have to use it. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Yep. My Aunt takes it, and about two months ago, she took one dose, then took another about an hour later forgetting that she had taken the first since she was so out of it, and landed herself in the hospital. :eek:

Well, I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this, and hear all about how I'm completely speculating, etc., but I'm going to say/speculate on it anyway: CA sure had access to various drugs that would render unnecessary any need for a prescription...

Well, I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this, and hear all about how I'm completely speculating, etc., but I'm going to say/speculate on it anyway: CA sure had access to various drugs that would render unnecessary any need for a prescription...

She was a desk nurse for a home health company. Her access to drugs is very limited. Even for nurses in a clinical setting, it's getting harder and harder to steal medications.

KC would have had easier access to stuff like Xanax by getting it on the street. If the toxicology comes back positive on Caylee's remains and they find the same thing in the Gatoraide bottle they better start looking for KC's dealer.

She was a desk nurse for a home health company. Her access to drugs is very limited. Even for nurses in a clinical setting, it's getting harder and harder to steal medications.

KC would have had easier access to stuff like Xanax by getting it on the street. If the toxicology comes back positive on Caylee's remains and they find the same thing in the Gatoraide bottle they better start looking for KC's dealer.

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of Cindy trying to medicate Casey at some point in time, since she was telling other ppl. that Casey had certain mental problems, rather than taking Casey to see a physician, which would require everyone "admitting" there was a problem. If so, Cindy would have found a way. Maybe not at her office, but by bribing someone at a nursing home. Unfortunately, money talks and we already know just how far she'll go to try to cover up/defend Casey when the rest of the world realizes "what" has happened (and by "what" I'm not just referring to Casey killing Caylee, I'm talking about as far back as CIndy refusing to acknowledge Casey was pregnant with Caylee and they all attended the family wedding and Cindy told people "Oh no, she's not pregnant, it's a medical condition, etc.") Farfetched? Maybe. :waitasec: If true, then Casey could've used these drugs on Caylee and there wouldn't ever be any record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back