Prosecution of Casey Anthony movie discussion thread

And while I didn't watch a lot of the trial until the end, I've watched a lot of clips and read Jeff's book and LDB's wardrobe choices in this movies ticked me off. Even in Jose's book he mentioned her red suit being a shocking new choice for opening statements. So that suit (which was pink in this movie) lost all impact. Blah!

Speaking of wardrobe, love Rob Lowe's tweet:

Rob Lowe ‏@RobLowe
“@JenCook: I feel like @roblowe needs more Jerry Garcia ties. #ProsecutingCaseyAnthony” Couldn't bring myself!

I fell asleep about mid-way through the movie last night. I tried to watch the rest of the movie this afternoon and fell asleep again. It has to be pretty doggone bad to bore me to the point of falling asleep during the day. This is something I never do. A perfect movie for an insomniac. Big yawn~

I fell asleep about mid-way through the movie last night. I tried to watch the rest of the movie this afternoon and fell asleep again. It has to be pretty doggone bad to bore me to the point of falling asleep during the day. This is something I never do. A perfect movie for an insomniac. Big yawn~

It was a snooze!!

RSBM

I suspect one day somebody will make a movie with the full details.

IMO, I think the movie was just told from Ashton's point of view. I think the parts of the trial we were seeing were probably the parts that stood out the MOST in Ashton's mind on what damaged the case for them with the jury.

The film was based on Jeff Ashton's point of view. Someone could write a film based on their point of view of this case based on public documents and the media and go into much further detail. There is a thing called public domain. However, this film was based on Jeff Ashton's experience with this case.

Well, late as usual. Just wanted to put in my two cents. WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. I was flabbergasted that it actually came across as giving credence to Jose's BIG LIE. LDB seemed to buy into it. Seeing this movie would make people think the right verdict was reached. I am disgusted and simply cannot believe JA had input into this project, and not JB. seems the other way around from where I'm sitting.

DEEP BREATH. now to go back and read everyone else's opinion.

:banghead:One thing that made me sick and I never realized before I saw the movie was the testimony about the tatoo. I now think Baez talked the Anthony's into getting the so-called Caylee memorial tattoos so he could use it for Casey's defense

I watched two minutes and I was done.....as soon as they mentioned JB name, that was it. Couldnt believe I was dumb enough to even feel I would be interested in this baloney.
I'll wait for pay back time for Casey Anthony. that I will watch over and over.

The show that came on after the LIFETIME show, based on Ashton's book, was very much pro-defense. The last two minutes of this show, on video online now, shows Cindy and George on the beach. Wonder if the grandparents were paid, recently, for this video of them, or if it was part of what they were already paid by ABC previously?

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/pr.../beyond-the-headlines-the-casey-anthony-story

Jan 19, 2013
Beyond the Headlines: The Casey Anthony Story

includes interviews with Baez, Mason, Lawrence Kobilinsky, Ashton, Cindy, George, Bill Sheaffer, Louis B. Schlesinger, Forensic Psychologist

Produced by CBS Eye Productions for Lifetime
2012 A & E TELEVISION NETWORKS, LLC

Narrator - Sheila Head [narrator for "Secret Lives of Women" on CBS]

Special Thanks to Peter Golenbock [ghostwriter for Baez' book]

Additional Materials Provided by -
ABC
Associated Press [bought rights to Baez' book]
CNN
Corbis Images [ SPLASH ]

Eduardo Hapke/Hispanic Target Magazine
Getty Images
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

http://s439.beta.photobucket.com/user/cayleecross/media/1ExecutiveProducerBrettAlexander.jpg.html

http://s439.beta.photobucket.com/us...EditorsKendrickSimmonsandJamesTaylor.jpg.html

http://s439.beta.photobucket.com/user/cayleecross/media/3NarratorSheilaHead.jpg.html

Attachments

• 1  Executive Producer Brett Alexander.jpg
    1 Executive Producer Brett Alexander.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2  Editors Kendrick Simmons and James Taylor.jpg
    2 Editors Kendrick Simmons and James Taylor.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 3  Narrator Sheila Head.jpg
    3 Narrator Sheila Head.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
:banghead:One thing that made me sick and I never realized before I saw the movie was the testimony about the tatoo. I now think Baez talked the Anthony's into getting the so-called Caylee memorial tattoos so he could use it for Casey's defense

Good point! Didn't catch that during the trial but JB and the A's are sleazy and disfunctional enough for a stunt like that.

I said that from Day one when they went on that cruise and showed their tats. See my siggy pic

I'm watching the movie again for the second time tonight and also caught the snip about the tattoo. The first I thought we saw them was when the A's went on the cruise to relax after the "emotional" trial and didn't realize they had gotten them before the trial. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong cruise.

Hearing that tonight I guess JB had them ready to testify about their tattoos if the SA had pushed about FCA's. Another setup by JB and the A's to nullify another point against FCA's guilt by claiming this was a family thing for them to do for their dead, like wrapping their animals up and throwing them in the woods.

I wonder if CA and GA have gotten tattoos about her parents and anyone else who might have died in their families, including their pets.

As far as the movie itself, I just tried to remember that it was based on JA and his experiences in the case and they could not make a movie that was true to life using all the actual characters and events we witnessed. It would be way too long for a tv movie. Watching any of those true life movies and shows on ID and medical shows, sometimes they bring in the real person to talk about the case and the actors don't look like them very much.

Is there somewhere we can watch online?

I'm watching the movie again for the second time tonight and also caught the snip about the tattoo. The first I thought we saw them was when the A's went on the cruise to relax after the "emotional" trial and didn't realize they had gotten them before the trial. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong cruise.

Hearing that tonight I guess JB had them ready to testify about their tattoos if the SA had pushed about FCA's. Another setup by JB and the A's to nullify another point against FCA's guilt by claiming this was a family thing for them to do for their dead, like wrapping their animals up and throwing them in the woods.

I wonder if CA and GA have gotten tattoos about her parents and anyone else who might have died in their families, including their pets.

As far as the movie itself, I just tried to remember that it was based on JA and his experiences in the case and they could not make a movie that was true to life using all the actual characters and events we witnessed. It would be way too long for a tv movie. Watching any of those true life movies and shows on ID and medical shows, sometimes they bring in the real person to talk about the case and the actors don't look like them very much.

I am really impressed that you could watch that movie twice. I had a hard time making it thru once. But, you are correct in if they had the real players it would have been impossible.. Not at all like the real experience I think we all shared. jmo

I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I think about this situation now .. how I wish rebuttal had been stronger, but nobody thought the jury would buy what Baez was selling, perhaps we were all to confident in the evidence - circumstantial AND forensic.

I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I think about this situation now .. how I wish rebuttal had been stronger, but nobody thought the jury would buy what Baez was selling, perhaps we were all to confident in the evidence - circumstantial AND forensic.

I think the prosecution assumed eveyone knew all the facts and understood what they were saying like I know I did following it here on WS. What was obvious to us and to the general public was totally lost on them. The jury didn't have a clue and didn't understand what the prosecution was telling them. They never proved that it was murder. The doubt was that it could have been an accident. And I still have a hard time with that myself. It was just a total miscarriage of justice for Caylee. jmo

It was a total miscarriage of justice .. who would cover up and accident to make it look like a kidnapping then languish in jail for three years (or let their daughter do so) before coming out with an explanation? Obvious conclusion to that is that the accident story was a lie. It's just so frustrating. I know she'll do something horrible in the future. I pity the next person who suffers because of her because she shouldn't be free to do so.

Baez saying KC was a remarkable young woman? Lets see: high school drop out, admitted liar, party girl *advertiser censored* (he called her a *advertiser censored*, not me), lazy and jobless, living off parents she said abused her, thief? Does that cover all her remarkable qualities? No, wait. Child murderer. Sorry I sound so angry but this movie brought it up again. I could not watch it all. MOO

I read many books that they turn into a movie but this was the first time I knew every piece of evidence,what every real person looked like before hand.The casting is always off but IMO this cast was good.Jeff(Lowe)Was going after FCA as all prosecutors do when evidence points to guilt,that is their job!They fight for the victims.His saying he will make her the most hated woman in America was my favorite part,with FCA it was easy but he made her the most hated around the world!IMO.He showed it in the real trial by showing the real FCA!JB actor seemed to be reading from index cards (Iphone)in court.GA seemed in in the middle not out to get FCA but one who did not stand by her.Yes he was sleppy and so is GA the grandpa.CA came off like the mother who lied for her no good daughter,and not the glamorous grandmother she thinks she is! Linda should have been more passionate,she was to low key but she did not write the book and JA was the lead!And FCA was very good because she was just there in the background!I wish they would have shown her crazy frustrated jail house visit scene but Nancy grace showed it so much I think everyone saw it!If they portrayed her like she was might have seemed over the top,since FCA was just in the background WHERE she belonged!For me watching it knowing the family and JB were watching it made my night.I bet phone lines were burning because no way was FCA,CA,JB,GA happy with the casting and maybe that is very small of me but I did get a kick knowing them all as I have for the past 4 yrs.Ja was prominent in the movie and then so was Caylee!She had top billing over that family I have come to hate. I erased what I know and watched it with a pretty clean slate. I did cry but not like I thought I would,for me it was a cleansing.As someone who has lost a family member to violent crime I have always hated the word closure!No such thing! but I now do feel I have closure and can finally feel the love for Caylee ,without breaking down when thinking about her.Like JA said at the end sometimes there is something bigger,there is Karma.I wish I remembered it word for word.It must really upset FCA that Caylee had more screen time then her.Small but I will take it.All JMO.

That was the first time I saw them was when the A's went on the cruise to relax after the "emotional" trial. never thought of it being a set up but I believe your right! I also agree on all the shows no one ever is a close match to the actual people. I did think the movie did capture the "essence"of them though . I did not watch the after show. I did not know who was profiting from it.

I believe this review is spot on!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...casey-anthony-review-20130117,0,2413418.story

Still, the movie achieves a striking balance. Writer Alison Cross effectively contrasts the opening and closing arguments of the state and defense. The script and performances don't glorify anyone.

Casey Anthony (Virginia Welch) may be the most hated woman in America, but she is a minor player here. Her parents, George (Kevin Dunn) and Cindy (Marina Stephenson Kerr), are portrayed as sad and strange. Baez needles Ashton with smarmy glee. Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick (Elizabeth Mitchell of "Revolution") comes across as practical yet playful.

And Ashton, now Orange-Osceola state attorney, is presented as haunted by the outcome. He isn't alone

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back