Psychological Autopsy of Patsy Ramsey

rashomon said:
The caption above the picture was actually "Salute to American Justice". Quite ironic, isn't it, with Patsy in the picture who successfuly escaped justice. But I don't know more about the context in which the picture was taken.
See #7 post on this FFJ thread:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6429&page=1
I have to agree with that poster on FFJ...it creeps me out too. They all look hard, cold and distant. "Salute to American Justice"....yes, that IS quite ironic. But, I still wonder what the harsh expressions is all about....now if it was "Salute to American Military"....or "Salute to Looking Pissed Off, Cold and Hard"....then THAT would make sense. Of course....I do have to add....the expressions on their faces are the same expression that I had on mine, when I found out that the Ramsey's weren't going to be charged with murdering their daughter...and that the IDI theory is being believed.

That picture made absolutely NO sense to me. What was the theme supposed to be, anyway? They all look mean, and stiff.... and then JB is saluting....what is with THAT? They should have been dressed up in military garb...and had a nazi symbol behind them, and a picture of Hitler....I don't mean to offend...but, thats what came to my mind when I saw it.

I have to say I agree.

JMO8778 said:
It looks like one of those pics you take at the fair or a carnival..where the subjects dress up in old-fashioned clothes. (no offense meant to Judith,I'm sure she's a good photographer).

Yes, that's what I thought when I viewed the photo. They are posing for something, they were meant to look that way.

cami said:
Yes, that's what I thought when I viewed the photo. They are posing for something, they were meant to look that way.
Yes, but WHY?

Solace said:
What do you mean?

Immature in her actions, acting childish, such as a forty-year-old adult who places great store in external beauty; taking pleasure in pranks without having the ability to see the consequences of the prank; buying a dog without realizing the dog needs care and training and not realizing in advance that a pet didn't fit the Ramsey lifestyle of travel and Patsy not having the desire or time to devote caring for the dog (I see Jacques as a disposable commodity with Mr. Barnhill being responsible for the dog); telling lies instead of the truth (JonBenet's hair highlights and the tricks played to cover John's infidelities for example); what seems like an immature need for attention; not teaching the children to pick up after themselves; and most of all, seemingly not being able to control her temper to the point of preventing physical contact with someone smaller than herself. These are just off the top of my head.

Immature in her actions, acting childish, such as a forty-year-old adult who places great store in external beauty; taking pleasure in pranks without having the ability to see the consequences of the prank; buying a dog without realizing the dog needs care and training and not realizing in advance that a pet didn't fit the Ramsey lifestyle of travel and Patsy not having the desire or time to devote caring for the dog (I see Jacques as a disposable commodity with Mr. Barnhill being responsible for the dog); telling lies instead of the truth (JonBenet's hair highlights and the tricks played to cover John's infidelities for example); what seems like an immature need for attention; not teaching the children to pick up after themselves; and most of all, seemingly not being able to control her temper to the point of preventing physical contact with someone smaller than herself. These are just off the top of my head.

I see. I thought that was what you meant. Yes, I do see her as immature; especially, when she became so impressed by the money aspect and expected others to be impressed with it also. I think the lying about the hair dying and other things comes along with Patsy and John starting to make money and basically "I can say and do whatever I please". No one will notice when I lie.

Tell me about the tricks to cover the infidelities. I know she denied knowing about the other women in the first marriage. But interested in what you know. ;)

... Tell me about the tricks to cover the infidelities. I know she denied knowing about the other women in the first marriage. But interested in what you know. ;)

I think Patsy lied about not knowing about John's infidelities in his first marriage. Only an immature person would ignore a divorce in a potential marriage partner and it indicates a failure to communicate as adults about an important decision. It is clear from all that I read that Lucinda Ramsey divorced John because of his infidelities. How could Patsy not know that?

John being thirteen-years older than Patsy suggests insecurity, if not immaturity, on Patsy's part (in theory she was looking for a father figure and he was looking for someone he could control as well as decorate his arm, which theoretically boosts an insecure male ego). I'm not commenting on the generalities of May-December marriages, just stating the fact that John was a lot older than Patsy.

I can't remember where I read this but there was an incident right after John and Patsy married or just a few weeks before the marriage. A woman supposedly came to the Ramsey home/apartment in Atlanta looking for John. She came to tell John how much John had hurt her friend and ask him to at least apologize for his cad behavior. John reportedly had said he was single and, apparently, when the visitor came to the Ramsey home/apartment she was greeted by Patsy who looked "beautiful" standing there in a pink jogging suit telling the woman that John was married and the person must have the wrong home.

I wish I could remember the entire story and where I heard it. It was said John stood back behind the door so the visitor couldn't see him and when Patsy closed the door they had a good laugh over it. Seems John told Patsy in advance when he saw the visitor outside that it concerned some crazy woman that had been stalking him and would Patsy please take care of it for him ... that he had run out of ideas on how to get rid of the woman.

The gist is: John was seeing someone else while he was engaged or newly married to Patsy and didn't want to get caught.

That's my gossip for the day. :silenced:

I think Patsy lied about not knowing about John's infidelities in his first marriage. Only an immature person would ignore a divorce in a potential marriage partner and it indicates a failure to communicate as adults about an important decision. It is clear from all that I read that Lucinda Ramsey divorced John because of his infidelities. How could Patsy not know that?

John being fifteen-years older than Patsy suggests insecurity, if not immaturity, on Patsy's part (in theory she was looking for a father figure and he was looking for someone he could control as well as decorate his arm, which theoretically boosts an insecure male ego). I'm not commenting on the generalities of May-December marriages, just stating the fact that John was a lot older than Patsy.

I can't remember where I read this but there was an incident right after John and Patsy married or just a few weeks before the marriage. A woman supposedly came to the Ramsey home/apartment in Atlanta looking for John. She came to tell John how much John had hurt her friend and ask him to at least apologize for his cad behavior. John reportedly had said he was single and, apparently, when the visitor came to the Ramsey home/apartment she was greeted by Patsy who looked "beautiful" standing there in a pink jogging suit telling the woman that John was married and the person must have the wrong home.

I wish I could remember the entire story and where I heard it. It was said John stood back behind the door so the visitor couldn't see him and when Patsy closed the door they had a good laugh over it. Seems John told Patsy in advance when he saw the visitor outside that it concerned some crazy woman that had been stalking him and would Patsy please take care of it for him ... that he had run out of ideas on how to get rid of the woman.

The gist is: John was seeing someone else while he was engaged or newly married to Patsy and didn't want to get caught.

that reminds me of the story in DOI they told about getting back at reporter Tony Frost.a female 'friend' (whom most believe was Susan Stine) called his house,looking for him.when his wife answered,she pretended to be someone waiting on him at her apt.,and said he'd told her he wasn't married.
Now I don't know what all Mr Frost had done that they were upset about,but I thought it was totally uncalled for to hurt his wife like that.how childish! and they even had the nerve to put that in their book,under 'laughter is the best medicine'.for THEM maybe.

Just goes to show you how truly awful they (amd their supporters) are. And innocent people don't stoop to those levels because they know they don't have to.

Just goes to show you how truly awful they (amd their supporters) are. And innocent people don't stoop to those levels because they know they don't have to.

I refer to them all as 'The Dark Side'.

I have always viewed Patsy as a "Packaged Person."
This is a term I use for those who make a career of beauty contests. They are unreal, not unlike the Dolls you see packaged with beautiful make-up, hair and clothing.
Packaged People are always more focused on what the world sees on the outside. They rarely let anyone see their behind the scenes life.
It's all show for the public.
To me, Patsy would be quite comfortable wearing dirty or tattered underwear under a very expensive gown. She would be the one who would shave only the part of her legs which would show.
I imagine she had an extensive wardrobe of beautiful costly clothes, but they were rarely hung up, unless someone else took over that task.
Patsy to me would be the kind of woman who would not think twice of thowing out something instead of having it repaired.
I read somewhere that JonBenet's most impressive trait was how long she could hold a pose for a child her age. That idea scares me.
JMO

Very good perception. Yes, I can also see PR as exactly that kind of woman.

John being thirteen-years older than Patsy suggests insecurity, if not immaturity, on Patsy's part (in theory she was looking for a father figure and he was looking for someone he could control as well as decorate his arm, which theoretically boosts an insecure male ego). I'm not commenting on the generalities of May-December marriages, just stating the fact that John was a lot older than Patsy.

Just reading this thread and the way I remember this story is this. Before John and Patsy were married. I believe he says it was the second time he dated Patsy. I believe, it is a story John tells in the NE interviews. Patsy was living upstairs with friends and met John who was living downstairs in the same apartment building and was seeing him one evening when a woman who had been dating John was on her way up to the apartment. John wanted to get rid of her. The woman knocked on the door and asked to use the phone. Patsy took over and answered the door and said we just moved in and don't have one. John was behind the door.

John was very impressed at how Patsy handled it (she was something like 23 at the time) and pretty much at that moment fell for Patsy.

I believe this is the story. But maybe not too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back