Public appearances and other forms of cashing in ..

First, no one is calling Jessie "a complete *advertiser censored*". Second, it's not a very good story. That's the problem and it's pretty damn evident if you read the statement. The WMPD had to coach and coerce to even get something half coherent together, and even then it's piss poor.

Also, I assume you are referring to the statements made by the "softball girls" regarding Damien? Now where to start about that...
Here's a brief debunking of it all:
http://westmemphisthreediscussion.yuku.com/topic/2091/Softball-Girls#.U4zVEyjFlUM
Furthermore, small town rumours spread like the worst kind of wildfire. I know that first hand. And agreeing with them is often the easiest way to get people off your back.

As others have pointed out, they maintained their innocence in the Alford Plea. What they agreed to was that a guilty plea could be in the best interest of themselves and the STATE. That's a big old difference right there.
Add to that, they have not profited off of the murder of the boys, nor have supporters forgotten Stevie, Chris or Michael. Quite the opposite. By speaking about the injustices commited (note: not the murders), and not just going away like the state of Arkansas would prefer, attention is brought to the case in the hopes of finding the real killer and true justice.

Well said!!!!!!!!:loveyou:

Sorry , I have seen transcripts with Jessie confessing to killing the 3 boys . Also Damien was over heard saying he had killed them when he was at a soft ball park .

I love how some people say Jessie is a complete *advertiser censored* yet has the smarts to make up a whole fabricated story on the slaying of the boys.

Not only that he managed to plant a bottle of whiskey that he told his lawyer the location of from that night and it just happened to be under the bridge where he said it would be .

Jessies confessions are fairy tales. That was not confessing that was coercing.

Damien did not confess either. There are a lot of witnesses that recanted.

It is a shame that people are not looking for justice.. Just vengeance.

Dark Spell: Surviving the Sentence (Justice Knot Trilogy) (Volume 2) Paperback – May 31, 2014
by Mara Leveritt (Author), Jason Baldwin (Assistant)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Spell-Surviving-Sentence-Justice/dp/1499175752"]Dark Spell: Surviving the Sentence (Justice Knot Trilogy) (Volume 2): Mara Leveritt, Jason Baldwin: 9781499175752: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Yi2xOGNfL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Yi2xOGNfL[/ame]

Not sure how much Jason got paid as her 'assistant' for this book ..

Devil's Not: West Memphis Three feature stumbles on path to big screen

In his negative review of “Devil’s Knot,” Stephen Holden, a critic with The New York Times, suggested the film’s ho-hum reception may be evidence that “Americans are experiencing West Memphis Three fatigue.”

http://www.gomemphis.com/news/2014/...t-memphis-three-feature-stumbles/?partner=RSS

When even pro WM3 reviews are talking of WM3 fatigue, you know the gravy train is finally grinding to a halt, the only direction for the story to take from here on in is to dissect the many lies told by Echols in particular about his time in prison and the case, and to pick out the truth from the marketing campaign.

Sad. Very sad. This case should not be described as "fatigue" it should be a case forever in the spotlight. If your poor. Low IQ. Goth way before anyone knew Goth. Living in the South.....Beyond sad.

I will add even tho I have been a huge supporter of the WM3 I don't think Damien did much to help his case back then. He handed the Prosecution what they wanted. IMO Damien was a product of his life experience. It was the perfect storm. They needed to hang this crime on somebody. Unfortunately these 3 had to pay the price. Thankfully they have their lives back. I have 2 of Damien's prints. I display them proudly.

I honestly don't see why people are concerned about the way the WM3 earn their money.
If Damien, Jesse, or Jason are child slayers, why would they have any moral problems about earning money off the story.

If they are innocent, and the people that believe they are innocent want to support them financially, why shouldn't they. They can do it of their own free will.

If it wasn't for the Alford plea, US Taxpayers would probably have to fork out somewhere in the likes of 60 million $, which would mean, even those who believe they are guilty would be paying for them.

How a Death Row Inmate's Letter Sparked a Lifelong Love Story

Some couples' cute "how we met" stories involve a walk in the park or a chance encounter at a grocery store. But for Damien Echols, who was on death row for a crime he didn't commit, his first meeting with now-wife Lorri Davis came years after they had begun corresponding with each other.

More at link:

https://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/ho...-sparked-a-lifelong-love-story-173812643.html

How a Death Row Inmate's Letter Sparked a Lifelong Love Story

Some couples' cute "how we met" stories involve a walk in the park or a chance encounter at a grocery store. But for Damien Echols, who was on death row for a crime he didn't commit, his first meeting with now-wife Lorri Davis came years after they had begun corresponding with each other.

More at link:

https://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/ho...-sparked-a-lifelong-love-story-173812643.html

I bought the kindle version of Damien and Lori's new book and it was a page turner for sure.

For the life of me, I don't understand why some people have a problem with them speaking publically and/or authoring a memoir. I don't see it as them attempting to "profit from the crime". I see it as wanting to get the truth about the case out to the general public. I've thought about it and if I was wrongfully convicted of viscously murdering three children I would be shouting from the rooftops that "I am innocent" and I might even write a book and talk publicly about my nearly two decades of pure hell in prison.

you understand this is the standard fee for the "town hall" facility to cover things like electricity, running water, etc., right? those who appear don't get a dime. you get that, right? :banghead:

I think the point is that it is shocking anyone would pay ANYTHING to even look at that

I'm sorry, but I am so sick of hearing their little "love story on death row" already.

I'm sorry, but I am so sick of hearing their little "love story on death row" already.
I wouldn't call it just a 'little love story on death row". They've been married for 15 years with the last 3 of them on the 'outside'. Their marriage is more stable than any of Terry Hobbs' relationships.

They met on death row. We get it.

Hobbs has nothing to do with it in the slightest.

Meh. Don't buy it then. I don't much care about Damien's personal life either but I just pay it no attention. If others are interested or others even contribute or purchase whatever, more power to them. Not losing sleep over it.

I'm with you Userid .. they are really milking it now .. also they look completely mis-matched, I'm not even sure if they are genuinely still together. Can't believe people were asked to donate for the live chat, it seems they never miss an opportunity to draw in the $$$ .. I'm wondering where is all the WM3.org money? Who runs it, is it a foundation, what's it being used for .. etc.

I'm with you Userid .. they are really milking it now .. also they look completely mis-matched, I'm not even sure if they are genuinely still together. Can't believe people were asked to donate for the live chat, it seems they never miss an opportunity to draw in the $$$ .. I'm wondering where is all the WM3.org money? Who runs it, is it a foundation, what's it being used for .. etc.

Yeah -- it was a nice story the first time I heard it. Now, it's just stale (for me, anyway). They're not the first couple to have met either through prison or death row, so I really don't understand all the appeal towards it in the first place, personally.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt
Back