Public appearances and other forms of cashing in ..

But I don't think he was in any way poking fun or anything at the victim's families, rather at the way he'd been portrayed in the media. His way of flipping off the prosecutors and judges and whoever else who portrayed him as the 'bogeyman.' Maybe I'm just too insensitive as well, but I don't see that it was a big thingy. (His portrayal, that is, of course having 3 little boys murdered was, it was horrible and sickening.) But I don't see how thumbing your nose at what you had been portrayed as is poking fun at, or being disrespectful to, those little boys.

ETA: Kind of like Britney Spears when she sang the lyrics, "You think I'm crazy? I got your crazy!" She wasn't poking fun at people who had mental illness, only at the way she had been portrayed in the media. (Of course, she was a little ticky ticky boom boom, so maybe that was a bad example! But you see what I'm saying?)

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that at all. DE is a grown man for Christ's sakes. If he still feels the need to "flick-off" society or whoever, how about doing it in a more constructive way (like JB)? And not at the expense of the victims? I can guarantee you that MM's family didn't appreciate this appearance. He could have gone to the fest without being a main attraction also.

All due respect, but I'm really sick of the apologists of this guy. Plain and simple, this was a real (crappy) thing to do, now matter how you try to slice it.

I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative here, I just don't get it. How was it disrespectful to the victim's or their families? The victim's weren't portrayed at all. There was no reference to the murders. Just Damien in a 'boogeyman' costume, correct? I mean, his reputation as the 'boogeyman' didn't just start because of the murders, he was kind of thought of that way before, which is why everyone was so quick to believe that he did it. So again, I don't see how him poking fun at his portrayal of himself as a 'boogeyman' was disrespectful. Maybe I'm just being dense?

It was disrespectful because this was a real case. This wasn't some fricking movie. Three little boys died, brutally and tragically.

After recently reading posts here, and across other boards, I'm beginning to understand why JD and others seem to hate DE, and why he was convicted. The resentment seems to continue even now. I don't know the guy, and what I've read about him, or seen about him just doesn't seem to put him apart from any other "disturbed" people I've known or know. For some reason he's the sort of person who offers a projection surface for many individuals, I can't see any other reason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back