Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
How convenient that H&M were in London for another event, which has been cancelled, now making their way to Balmoral. Personally I think she has passed and the world just doesn't know it yet. Under "medical supervision" may mean Doctors are by her side. All jmo
That seems to be the general consensus here.

View attachment 365047
''It is "quite a significant moment" that members of the Royal Family are travelling to Balmoral to be with the Queen, Sky News' royal commentator has said.''

''The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are all heading to the Queen's residence in Scotland to be with her.

The Duchess of Cambridge has remained in Windsor as Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are on their first full day at their new school, Kensington Palace said''

Members of the Royal Family have said over the years that Balmoral is Her Majesty’s favourite palace to stay in and the place she feels most at home in. Living at Buckingham Palace is said to be like living in a tourist attraction. There are so many photographs of the happy times the Royal Family have spent together in Balmoral over many years. It is a beautiful palace and location but the palace is said to get very cold in the winter months.

There is an amusing story I have read over the years that Her Majesty was out walking her beloved Corgis at Balmoral and she had her outdoor jacket on and was wearing a headscarf. She stopped to say hello to a group of tourists who were visiting the palace at the time and the tourists apparently told Her Majesty that they were hoping to bump into The Queen to say Hello to her. The tourists did not realise at the time it was Her Majesty they were speaking to and Her Majesty never revealed to them she was The Queen. Apparently Her Majesty told the tourists that she hoped that they managed to meet the Queen and they exchanged goodbyes. It was only sometime after that the tourists apparently realised whom they had been speaking to.

I am glad Her Majesty was able to travel up to Balmoral after the celebrations for her Platinum Jubilee in June.

Some might not be aware that the Queen is the Queen and Head of State for many countries:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Belize
Canada
Grenada
Jamaica
New Zealand
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Solomon Islands
Tuvalu
United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to be in London in 2001 for the Trooping the Colour parade. I hope it’s ok to share this photo I took of Queen Elizabeth II.
View attachment 365055

Thank you for sharing this lovely photograph. I am glad you were able to enjoy the Trooping The Colour Parade and you saw Her Majesty when you visited London.

<modsnip>

Maybe the Queen will pull through?
How many times have we heard that Kim Jong-Un was on death’s door?

I don't believe her medical team would have mentioned anything if it wasn't serious. Coupled with the royal family rushing to Balmoral, then the outcome isn't going to be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sorry 'our media' I meant UK.

I don't believe her medical team would have mentioned anything if it wasn't serious. Coupled with the royal family rushing to Balmoral, then the outcome isn't going to be good.
Thanks - as an aside, I’m even more impressed than I already was by your amazing transcriptions of hearings on our US cases. I find our courtrooms chaotic. You do Great work.

Members of the Royal Family have said over the years that Balmoral is Her Majesty’s favourite palace to stay in and the place she feels most at home in. Living at Buckingham Palace is said to be like living in a tourist attraction. There are so many photographs of the happy times the Royal Family have spent together in Balmoral over many years. It is a beautiful palace and location but the palace is said to get very cold in the winter months.

There is an amusing story I have read over the years that Her Majesty was out walking her beloved Corgis at Balmoral and she had her outdoor jacket on and was wearing a headscarf. She stopped to say hello to a group of tourists who were visiting the palace at the time and the tourists apparently told Her Majesty that they were hoping to bump into The Queen to say Hello to her. The tourists did not realise at the time it was Her Majesty they were speaking to and Her Majesty never revealed to them she was The Queen. Apparently Her Majesty told the tourists that she hoped that they managed to meet the Queen and they exchanged goodbyes. It was only sometime after that the tourists apparently realised whom they had been speaking to.

I am glad Her Majesty was able to travel up to Balmoral after the celebrations for her Platinum Jubilee in June.
Love it! So classy! I really admire HRH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv