Question about the "Tapas 9"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would they get that, if not from someone who saw that or knew it for a fact? There are a lot of things I can see people making up, but that's not one of them.

This is a sensational development, if true. The article says that all the kids were in the McCann's apartment, and that only the McCann's apartment was visited that night. A witness who was at the Ocean Club says that Jane Tanner was not where she said she was when she saw bundleman- this sounds like someone places her at the table during that period. PJ says they are sure Madeleine died in the apartment, they just don't know who concealed the body.

http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2621809.ece

The sleepover seems crazy, Morag! Are they implying group sedation?

It may explain why Oldfield would be going to the McCanns to check on "the kids".

No wonder the Tapas Creeps are all keeping mum. This means that NUMEROUS babies were left sedated and unattended for the entire evening. This is madness!

Now if this is true, it is a VERY interesting development. From day 1 I just could not understand why Gerry and Kate Mc Cann would allow their friends to leave the table to check on their own kids??? It was odd!

But, didn't we read that the couples had taken various baby-sitter options? And, didn't someone have a sick child? Surely, the sick child wouldn't have been in the same room with the others; if so, he was gone most of the evening, as I recall, and would have been in the McCann's apartment.

My understanding of the new "revelations" is that they derive from DNA in the McCann flat & from witnesses at the restaurant. Since the children of the other doctors were in the flat & DNA is not dated, it may have been deposited on May 3 or at any time the preceding week. Therefore, the witness accounts interest me more but would be protected by these expandable secrecy laws, until prosecution. We can speculate though about what the waiters might have overheard (or assumed). And again, Jane Tanner is pinpointed--not where she said she was, according to somebody. Who? And how do they substantiate that? Whoever said that might have some v. interesting allegations. Everyday, the police put out a new conclusive shocker. These summations conflict from day to day, sometimes in one day. And still important, the friends & fellow diners do not agree that the McCanns arrived at 8:20, 8:30 or 8:40 but instead claim they got to the restaurant at 9, after the others. Were they host to an apartment full of children that had to be asleep & therefore the last to shut the door? Maybe THAT is the conversation the waiters or bartender overheard!

Trino, I agree. One of the reasons O'Brien spent less time at the restaurant was his sick daughter. Jane Tanner was supposedly occupied with her too. Also, we do know the staff at the tapas was dead wrong about Madeleine dining there with her parents on May 3, even though video was provided to "prove" it. The police said, Dead Wrong, that was a video of another day altogether. To say the staff is fallible is to give them maybe too much credit. But again, what of the diners themselves and the fact they contradict Gerry & Kate about ETA?

My God! What a sensational development. If this is true it may be the thing that will blow the whole case wide open & it will certainly be definitive proof that the McCanns & all Tapas group lied!

Speaking of contradictions, as I'm wont to do, I just read some fresh French reports. There it was said that Gerry McCann never left the table, according to clients & staff at the restaurant. But Jeremy Wilkins has been used to put the lie to Jane Tanner--by everyone and he was outside the apartments chatting with Gerry between 9:05 and 9:25 p.m., probably at 9:10, 9:15 and 9:20. He asserts that and so does Gerry, leaving apart Jane Tanner who says she saw them talking. viz. The Telegraph of Sep. 10, 2007.

Well there is a report that waiters don't remember many if any leaving the table that night, it gets weirder by the day!

Well there is a report that waiters don't remember many if any leaving the table that night, it gets weirder by the day!

I was just thinking that. According to the group, they where coming and going like crazy...the staff say they rarely got up. There are so many lies going on, it's making EVERYONE look guilty.

And of course, the crime expert Paul Sargento, is basing his attack on the kidnapping possibility on the huge numbers of comings & goings. Obviously, he accepts the group's assertions that those check-ins occurred.

Speaking of contradictions, as I'm wont to do, I just read some fresh French reports. There it was said that Gerry McCann never left the table, according to clients & staff at the restaurant. But Jeremy Wilkins has been used to put the lie to Jane Tanner--by everyone and he was outside the apartments chatting with Gerry between 9:05 and 9:25 p.m., probably at 9:10, 9:15 and 9:20. He asserts that and so does Gerry, leaving apart Jane Tanner who says she saw them talking. viz. The Telegraph of Sep. 10, 2007.

I think that Gerry probably did leave the table around 9-ish, Jeremy doesn't have any reason to lie, and Jane may very well have seen them.

However, the staff may also be telling the truth when they say others did not get up as often as they said.

The truth may very well be somewhere between the two accounts.

I posted this on the general discussion thread, but it deals directly with the Tapas Nine:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22561651-5006003,00.html

This article goes through the idea that seven children were staying in the McCann apartment during dinner - but then there is this:

Russell O'Brien, a hospital consultant from Exeter, left the restaurant at 9.35pm and returned at 10pm, just minutes before Mrs McCann discovered that Madeleine was missing.

Mr OBrien has strenuously denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance and has never been a formal suspect in the investigation.

24 Horas reported: "The British man guaranteed he took that long because he visited his sick daughter, and she vomited. He says he asked for the sheets to be changed, but the staff at the Ocean Club assured the investigators that nobody asked for any bedsheets to be changed that evening."

This quote is very interesting:
“Evidence also exists, following the interrogations to the other people who that were at the Ocean Club, that only the McCanns’ apartment was visited by the people who attended the dinner.”

It could be interpreted that some of the Tapas 7 have squealed, another tactic to scare! casual onlookers could not verify that everyone over 2 hours did not visit the other apartments.

I would like something explained to me. Lets say that this is true- all of the children from the Tapas 9 were in the McCanns' apartment that night. Why? To make it easier to check on them? So the adults could visit one apartment instead of 3 or 4?

So what was so special about the night of May 3? They group had gone out to dinner on the preceeding nights and not checked. They all left their kids alone. Why would that night be so special?

Creating alibis?

Maybe all the male Doctors are on the "down low" and they weren't swinging at all, but having sex with other men. Perfect reason to help your buddy if he's got that to tell your wife...girlfriend...colleagues

The first time I heard Gerry speak, I thought that he had a "jessie voice" i.e. effeminate. Maybe they weren't "wife-swapping" after all?

:eek:

I would like something explained to me. Lets say that this is true- all of the children from the Tapas 9 were in the McCanns' apartment that night. Why? To make it easier to check on them? So the adults could visit one apartment instead of 3 or 4?

So what was so special about the night of May 3? They group had gone out to dinner on the preceeding nights and not checked. They all left their kids alone. Why would that night be so special?

Creating alibis?
I can try to help you on that but i hope i dont get banned for what i am going to say.

A week after all this happend there were a few reports and some old friends of the mccanns come out and that the group were on a sex holiday,partner swapping and swinging. This was the night they had put aside for the big event, all go for a meal and then a drink, after that they would have gone back to one apartment and get down to things.

The reports were soon taken off of website and tv, you my still find some old chat about it on some forums but most also got taken down.

I can try to help you on that but i hope i dont get banned for what i am going to say.

A week after all this happend there were a few reports and some old friends of the mccanns come out and that the group were on a sex holiday,partner swapping and swinging. This was the night they had put aside for the big event, all go for a meal and then a drink, after that they would have gone back to one apartment and get down to things.

The reports were soon taken off of website and tv, you my still find some old chat about it on some forums but most also got taken down.

Well, that would certainly make sence if they had planned a big orgy in another apartment. If, If, BIG IF, this where the case, than an accidental OD, or other accident would best explain Madeline's death. If another child was vomiting, then maybe they OD more than one child. Maddie could have aspirated her own vomit. All the children could have been affected in some way shape or form.

I just can't see that many people keeping quite, unless they ALL did something sinister that night...and drugging their children for group sex would put them all behind bars, and strip their licence to practice medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard