Question about the "Tapas 9"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that would certainly make sence if they had planned a big orgy in another apartment. If, If, BIG IF, this where the case, than an accidental OD, or other accident would best explain Madeline's death. If another child was vomiting, then maybe they OD more than one child. Maddie could have aspirated her own vomit. All the children could have been affected in some way shape or form.

I just can't see that many people keeping quite, unless they ALL did something sinister that night...and drugging their children for group sex would put them all behind bars, and strip their licence to practice medicine.

do you think the mother who was there was also in on the orgy ? But strange to take your mum on a sex/swinging holiday - I never did :p

do you think the mother who was there was also in on the orgy ? But strange to take your mum on a sex/swinging holiday - I never did :p

LOL...:doh: but she could have gone to supper with them, and then planed to stay with the babies so that the rest could party all night...She might be innocent....of course, only if this is true...:eek:

What kind of bloody people are in the world today? Whatever happened to old fashioned values & valuing your kids? No wonder society is breaking down into a lawless orgy of sex & violence!

I don't think you have to jump to the conclusion that there was some "sex holiday" going on in order for this to still be an unfortunate circumstance.

It could be they just wanted to go out without the kids. And if the older lady was supposed to be a babysitter, then why wasn't she in the room with the kids? Someone could have brought dinner to her and nothing would have happened to Madeleine.

Nope - it just seems to me they made a very bad group decision about child care, and that's bad enough without turning the night into some sort of sordid orgy. :doh:

I've been sitting here thinking about the Tapas 9.

I'm a music teacher for a private Christian elementary school. The school is small and we teachers are like a little family. During the year we socialize as a group, go on a retreat together right before school starts and attend an out-of-town convention for Christian school teachers in November. All this to say, I like each of the teachers a great deal, do socialize with them within the context of school events but don't hold any of them as "best friends".

So, I'm going to assume the Tapas 9 were at least that much connected.

Now, if one of the other teachers in my school was suddenly UNJUSTLY accused of killing her child and then vilified daily in magazines, on the air etc...I would be incensed. Especially if it had happened when I was right there with the teacher and privy to a lot of what really went on during that time frame. I'd give statements on behalf of my friend and tell anyone who would listen the true circumstances of what happened, to the best of my ability. I literally could NOT stand by and let a friend that I cared for being wrongly accused of terrible deeds.

And yet, the Tapas 9 remains incredibly silent. They were close enough to vacation together but, when the going gets rough, they disappear into the woodwork. I've always wondered about that. The normal scenario would be they'd either rat out the Mccanns while distancing themselves from the act, or they'd be staunch defenders of how it really was and how wonderful their friends are and how it would be impossible for their wonderful friends to have done anything bad to their child.

Hearing now of the possibility that all the children were in the room together doesn't solve what happened to Maddie - but it does most certainly open up a lot of potential explanations for why this group would remain so silent.

It doesn't have to be about wife swapping or a pedophile in their ranks or the guys "liking" each other for me to firmly believe that the Tapas 9 were all involved in something not above board. My personal most likely scenario is that they all drugged their children, or let them be be drugged and then left them in the one room for the "checks".

And now they're all laying low, hoping this all goes away.

According to the Mirror site, tomorrow's Correia da Manha headline says that all the kids were in the same room! That would certainly explain why there was so much coming and going from the table. Those people were getting their own kids out of there and back into their own apts before the cops came!

So could Madeleine have died while all the other kids were there? But then what happened next?

Interesting Morag. Thanks for posting.
I am SO sick of :banghead: in this case. I want this sweet child to have justice either way.

From what we have heard, Mrs. Fenn heard a child crying nonstop for 1 1/4 hours on the night of May 1. There was a report of brief crying on May 2, I believe, and there is a report that she also heard crying on May 3.

Now, if I lived downstairs from a Mrs. Fenn, who had complained before, there is no way I would host a slumber party for an additional 4 or 5 potential cry-ers. Why would the McCann apartment be selected for this sleepover? Yes, I know that it was marginally closer than the other two ground floor units, but a 52 second walk could be extended to a 61 second walk without it making much of a difference.

At least that explains where the swinging discussions came from.

Unless there is CCTV footage to support this latest allegation that all the children were in 5A, it can be dismissed along with so many of the stories that appear every day. If Pamela Fenn had given this information, it would deserve some credence but she didn't. Every item of news I've seen on topic refers to clients & staff at the restaurant and the DNA of multiple children in 5A, which could have been deposited any day rather than the night of 3 May.

Tuba said:
Unless there is CCTV footage to support this latest allegation that all the children were in 5A, it can be dismissed along with so many of the stories that appear every day.
I don't think so, Tuba. If this was false, don't you think some of the other parents would be lining up to give press conferences? I would be if I were them.

Of course, the alternative is just as bad - each family left their kids home alone. Either way, they are "alone" and that means neglect if they are under 12.

I don't need film footage to tell me there is some sort of cover-up going on. It's only logical. No one, even Clarence Mitchell, is denying these reports about lots of children in the room. Why? Because it's probably true, and if that's the case and the McCann's deny it, then they really look like liars trying to save their reputations.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the British police haven't persuaded one of the families to turn on the McCanns. I don't know if plea bargains work in Portugal, but if it would solve this case, I'm sure it might be an option.

I don't think you have to jump to the conclusion that there was some "sex holiday" going on in order for this to still be an unfortunate circumstance.

It could be they just wanted to go out without the kids. And if the older lady was supposed to be a babysitter, then why wasn't she in the room with the kids? Someone could have brought dinner to her and nothing would have happened to Madeleine.

Nope - it just seems to me they made a very bad group decision about child care, and that's bad enough without turning the night into some sort of sordid orgy. :doh:

Agreed. And if one or more was giving the children something to help them sleep sooner and more soundly, that would be an additional reason to keep quiet.

Actually, Clarence Mitchell did dismiss the story as absolute rubbish. All the children sleeping in 5A does not make sense to me. I'm not saying it is impossible but with complaints already made about the disturbances coming from 5A, as other posters have said, that would be asking to have the dinner party interrupted. There were other tenants who objected to the noise but I believe only Pamela Fenn went to management. A websleuth has said that all of the children looked v. young in a holiday photo, so it wasn't a question of using one as a sitter either. Yesterday someone suggested that this idea may be a snare. Maybe someone will protest and deny or....the other friends may have been threatened to say nothing that might prejudice or compromise the investigation unless they would like arguido status too. Up until now, they have kept quiet about everything, even v. slanderous statements against them and problems like the denial that a change of linen was requested by O'Brien.

firstly the tapas group are not allowed by law to discuss this case in public with anyone - let alone go on record - it is still sub judice - they could in theory be prosecuted if they say anything . The police have said as much. The Mccaans for obvious reasons couldnt probably care less

They all have lives , jobs - probably after the latest amount of accusations that they are all swingers / liers / drug their kids - with no basis whatsoever apart from an article in 24 Horas that I would not be surprised to see some sort of reaction via their legal advisers

Tuba said:
Actually, Clarence Mitchell did dismiss the story as absolute rubbish.
When did he dismiss this story? I must have missed that - do you have a link?

Oh - now I remember - Mitchell said this:

The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell denounced the latest claims as part of a smear operation.

Portuguese detectives regularly told Portuguese journalists that they think the so-called Tapas Nine have lied about the events of that fateful night.

"It's utter rubbish," Mr Mitchell said.

"If you put seven children together, you're going to have a far harder time getting them to sleep than three."

Then again, as denials go, that isn't very strong. And it leaves open alot of possibilities - that not all the children who stayed there were asleep. That they were having a "hard time" getting "all of them" to sleep through dinner.

It's also possible that other children were taken to the apartment during dinner to make it easier to check on them.

He will call anything a "smear" that implicates the McCanns - but that's his job, isn't it?

Why have these parents not been prosecuted for child endagerment for leaving such small children alone in their room? Maddie was only 3 and the twins younger...how can the Mccans ever say they ae good considerate parents if they would do such a thing. I think all the parents should have been arrested for child endangerment and then maybe someone would be moved to talk to cover their own butt.

Why have these parents not been prosecuted for child endagerment for leaving such small children alone in their room? Maddie was only 3 and the twins younger...how can the Mccans ever say they ae good considerate parents if they would do such a thing. I think all the parents should have been arrested for child endangerment and then maybe someone would be moved to talk to cover their own butt.

I agree with you, DD. I think they should at least hold them on suspicion and give them a taste of jail life...maybe then they would relieze that Maddie's where abouts are of alot more concern than her parents jogging log........but then again, most parents care more about their children and their safety than to go out partying with friends.....

just mho

I can try to help you on that but i hope i dont get banned for what i am going to say.

A week after all this happend there were a few reports and some old friends of the mccanns come out and that the group were on a sex holiday,partner swapping and swinging. This was the night they had put aside for the big event, all go for a meal and then a drink, after that they would have gone back to one apartment and get down to things.

The reports were soon taken off of website and tv, you my still find some old chat about it on some forums but most also got taken down.

That would explain a lot about why May 3 was so special to this group.

Also, it was Beltane, celebrated in some old Celtic religions as a night for orgies, drunkenness, and "swinging".

That would explain a lot about why May 3 was so special to this group.

Also, it was Beltane, celebrated in some old Celtic religions as a night for orgies, drunkenness, and "swinging".

Wow..that does make one pause to think...that makes it seem much more plausible about the swinging, etc.

Wow..that does make one pause to think...that makes it seem much more plausible about the swinging, etc.

Wow, now there is an interesting twist. Could have been significant for the parents or for a kidnapper.

Amazing, isn't it, where the human mind can go in the absence of hard evidence? In some sense, ANYTHING is possible.

The fact that paedos do what they do makes us have to accept the possibility of kidnap. The fact that parents sometimes do horrible things to their kids forces us to consider the possibility of parental rage, neglect, or cover-up. And the fact that people, in fact, do "swing" means we can't rule that out either.

All we know for sure is that a little girl was here on earth. She walked, talked, laughed, cried, and took up space. And now ... she doesn't.

It's all just too weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member