Questions you'd like answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was the white blanket originally kept? In JB's bedroom or somewhere else?

Where was the white blanket originally kept? In JB's bedroom or somewhere else?

The blanket on JB's bed was usually on her bed. I haven't read if it was a security type blanket and if she would have used it when she went to Burke's room to sleep. The stackable washer and dryer on the 2nd floor wasn't as large as the washer and dryer in the basement. Larger items were washed in the basement washer and dryer; although, a blanket could easily go through a stackable set on its own. Some people believe the blanket had to be fished out of one of the dryers--possibly the one in the basement. They also believe there was static cling so her pink nightie accompanied the blanket into the windowless room.

Anyone know if there was a CCTV camera in the garage? heard Rumors there was?
Did police check whether the engine on the Ramseys car was still hot like the car had been used?

I haven't read about either of these things. A camera would have come-out early.

There was a time cameras were positioned throughout the house long after the murder. This irritated the detectives because it was painted that the Ramsey dream team was trying to spy on them. You think that maybe they were trying to see if anyone would break-in and return the the scene of the crime? Catching someone who didn't belong there would have gone a long way.

What is the significance of JonBenet's Twinn Doll? - DAC

Was the Twinn Doll placed in JBR's bed as a decoy?

Was BR's 'new bike' stored in the Barnhills' garage?

What is the significance of JonBenet's Twinn Doll? - DAC

Was the Twinn Doll placed in JBR's bed as a decoy?

Was BR's 'new bike' stored in the Barnhills' garage?

Tadpole12,
For whom do you think the decoy was intended?

I found something interesting reading an old Daily Camera article about the 2000 interviews in Atlanta. As you may recall, the Ramseys consented to the interview after police/prosecutors hinted another grand jury could be convened and the Rams would be forced to testify under different circumstances than they would have during the first grand jury. Thanks to recent legislation, the Ramseys would still have access to any previous statements they'd made, but they would no longer have access to statements other people had made about them prior to testifying.

Anyway, Hunter made this comment about the upcoming interview:

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/28arams.html

It's been a while since I looked at the Atlanta interviews but now I wonder which questions came from Henry Lee.
DFF, thanks for bringing this story forward.
Investigators and interviewers saw patterns in the Rs’ explanations, imho. A demand to hear from Patsy first in the 2000 interviews would seem to mean they wanted to find out how Patsy handled questions without having conferred with JR. In some ways they had to look at the R stories in the same way that astronomers use radio teloscopy as a means to understand that the gravitational pull on a star likely means there is something there causing that gravitational pull. What was being hidden. Who was protected. When Patsy resorted to a “I don’t remember,” she likely felt boxed in. The Bloomies story is one example.

As everyone is sick of hearing, Patsy is on record as saying she bought a set of Bloomies for her niece for Christmas. She is then asked whether she purchased 1 or 2 sets of Bloomies. Her response is “I don’t remember.” It was a fork in the road for possible answers. She is aware a “no” answer may get her in trouble since there were other women with their daughters along on this trip and one of them could contradict her. A “yes” response creates more confusion because why would JB want the extra large Bloomies if she had received the right-size Bloomies for herself. So Patsy is trapped and has to fall back on ramnesia to stay out of trouble on this question. This lie obviously protects whoever opened that new package and placed the extra large Wednesday Bloomies on the dying six year old. (Whoever removed that particular pair had to dig into the middle of the package, btw, because of the way the underwear were packaged according to the days of the week. This package was returned intact sans the Wednesday panties.)

A second example which hasn’t been discussed much here is the missing phone records from December. Patsy conveniently had a story about cell phones.

As folks recall from ST’s book AH would not subpoena the phone records. From Thomas we know when records were finally retrieved the December records were not discovered.

What phones were they talking about? Household or cell? I am fairly certain it was a cell phone. Why? Because there's a story from Patsy how JR lost his phone and how he took over a little phone she’d purchased. There were phone records likely obtained for the GJ, but JR’s December cell phone records were gone. One might evaluate who was paying for the cell phone. It’s not nefarious nor unheard of that the cell phones were paid for by LM. One person with government connections tried once and almost succeeded In obtaining these records, or so said a poster on FFJ. (The poster had some credibility under his belt because he'd brought the Bonita papers to our attention.) LM certainly wouldn't want lowly detectives rummaging around in an employee’s phone records.

18 TOM HANEY: How about John's cell
19 phone, do you recall that number?
20 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
21 TOM HANEY: Did he have just the
22 one, was that a personal one?
23 PATSY RAMSEY: He had had one and
24 he lost it. See, I had gotten him one years
25 ago, and he -- I think he lost and then --
1 anyway, I had gotten this little teeny Panasonic
2 one at, what's that store -- that music video
3 store near the Boulder. Sound Tracks, one of
4 those, Sound Advice or -- and I had it -- I had
5 it sitting on the window ledge charging and he
6 walked in and found it, I said okay fine, I will
7 just take this one.
8 And I think meanwhile, Denise, his
9 secretary had ordered him a new phone.
10 TOM HANEY: Okay, was that an Access
11 Graphics phone?
12 PATSY RAMSEY: Access Graphics, yes. I
13 mean there were a couple of phones and they were
14 both relatively new and I don't know what the
15 number was.

Whether JR had one or two cell phones isn’t totally certain, but based on JR’s historical behavior he likely had AG cover the cost of his phones.

So how does one know such December phone records existed? It traces back to a detective hustler who would impersonate celebrities and sell the information he acquired. He was indicted over this behavior and his records confiscated.

When such records were being peddled, the R impersonator offered some of the records he possessed. A partial excerpt from a letter to another peddler of info to be sold to the tabloids states:
Here is a list of all Ramsey cases we have been involved with during the past lifetime (sic).
1. Cellular toll records, both for John & Patsy.
2. Land line tolls for the Michigan and Boulder homes.

~snip~

One can’t use such illegally acquired records in a court of law, or so I’ve been told. Yet such records did at one time exist and a poster with some connections within Boulder found out that someone in the household placed 3 calls before Patsy’s 911 call was placed. http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...ght-of-James-Kolar’s-book&p=193723#post193723

If you read the link above, you’ll know who JR/PR allegedly called that night or early morning. This is one of those clues which the original poster said, "Take it or leave it," whether one wants to believe the tale or not.

The point is a story is told about JR losing a cell phone, and the story may have been created to protect someone who placed calls that night.

IMO, many of Patsy’s stories appear to protect both BR and JR and the interviewing attorneys needed to surprise her on evidentiary questions as well as how much she knew about the Rs’ separate investigations to look for the intruder.

Thanks for that post Q. If the 3 phone call story is true, it puts a whole new spin on what I've thought about this case.

Investigators and interviewers saw patterns in the Rs’ explanations, imho. A demand to hear from Patsy first in the 2000 interviews would seem to mean they wanted to find out how Patsy handled questions without having conferred with JR. In some ways they had to look at the R stories in the same way that astronomers use radio teloscopy as a means to understand that the gravitational pull on a star likely means there is something there causing that gravitational pull. What was being hidden. Who was protected. When Patsy resorted to a “I don’t remember,” she likely felt boxed in. The Bloomies story is one example.

As everyone is sick of hearing, Patsy is on record as saying she bought a set of Bloomies for her niece for Christmas. She is then asked whether she purchased 1 or 2 sets of Bloomies. Her response is “I don’t remember.” It was a fork in the road for possible answers. She is aware a “no” answer may get her in trouble since there were other women with their daughters along on this trip and one of them could contradict her. A “yes” response creates more confusion because why would JB want the extra large Bloomies if she had received the right-size Bloomies for herself. So Patsy is trapped and has to fall back on ramnesia to stay out of trouble on this question. This lie obviously protects whoever opened that new package and placed the extra large Wednesday Bloomies on the dying six year old. (Whoever removed that particular pair had to dig into the middle of the package, btw, because of the way the underwear were packaged according to the days of the week. This package was returned intact sans the Wednesday panties.)

A second example which hasn’t been discussed much here is the missing phone records from December. Patsy conveniently had a story about cell phones.

As folks recall from ST’s book AH would not subpoena the phone records. From Thomas we know when records were finally retrieved the December records were not discovered.

What phones were they talking about? Household or cell? I am fairly certain it was a cell phone. Why? Because there's a story from Patsy how JR lost his phone and how he took over a little phone she’d purchased. There were phone records likely obtained for the GJ, but JR’s December cell phone records were gone. One might evaluate who was paying for the cell phone. It’s not nefarious nor unheard of that the cell phones were paid for by LM. One person with government connections tried once and almost succeeded In obtaining these records, or so said a poster on FFJ. (The poster had some credibility under his belt because he'd brought the Bonita papers to our attention.) LM certainly wouldn't want lowly detectives rummaging around in an employee’s phone records.

7 just take this one.
11 Graphics phone?
15 number was.

Whether JR had one or two cell phones isn’t totally certain, but based on JR’s historical behavior he likely had AG cover the cost of his phones.

So how does one know such December phone records existed? It traces back to a detective hustler who would impersonate celebrities and sell the information he acquired. He was indicted over this behavior and his records confiscated.

When such records were being peddled, the R impersonator offered some of the records he possessed. A partial excerpt from a letter to another peddler of info to be sold to the tabloids states:
Here is a list of all Ramsey cases we have been involved with during the past lifetime (sic).

~snip~

One can’t use such illegally acquired records in a court of law, or so I’ve been told. Yet such records did at one time exist and a poster with some connections within Boulder found out that someone in the household placed 3 calls before Patsy’s 911 call was placed. http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...ght-of-James-Kolar’s-book&p=193723#post193723

If you read the link above, you’ll know who JR/PR allegedly called that night or early morning. This is one of those clues which the original poster said, "Take it or leave it," whether one wants to believe the tale or not.

The point is a story is told about JR losing a cell phone, and the story may have been created to protect someone who placed calls that night.

IMO, many of Patsy’s stories appear to protect both BR and JR and the interviewing attorneys needed to surprise her on evidentiary questions as well as how much she knew about the Rs’ separate investigations to look for the intruder.

questfortrue,
I've always suspected the R's phoned for advice early that morning. Having attorneys available to interview the likes of Fleet White, etc, makes this plausible.

What Patsy is hiding with her three cell phones story is that JR lost one, Patsy bought another one, and Access Graphics bought one too.

That means there was a cell phone available that morning, either Patsy's one or JR's.

I'll bet the phones went the same way as the size-12's? Can we all imagine what Pamela Paugh removed from the house, what was so important that could not be fetched at some other point in time? The R's were going nowhere, they were millionaires, whole wardrobes could be purchased at the drop of a hat, a new house, no problem.

Yet Pamela Paugh was allowed to take away whatever?

One can’t use such illegally acquired records in a court of law, or so I’ve been told. Yet such records did at one time exist and a poster with some connections within Boulder found out that someone in the household placed 3 calls before Patsy’s 911 call was placed. http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...-James-Kolar’s-book&p=193723#post193723

The post suggest 3 calls before 911, but I only see 2 names. It suggests:

1. Bynum
2. Beuf
3. ??

Who was alleged call #3 to?

Also, does anyone know how the Ramsey's pronounced the name "Beuf" and/or if they had any particular way of referring to him normally, e.g. by first name, last name, nickname etc?

Thanks for that post Q. If the 3 phone call story is true, it puts a whole new spin on what I've thought about this case.

Imagine if, in the enhanced ending of the 911 call, phrases 2 and 3 of the 4 phrases are so hard to understand because multiple people are speaking at the same time. Who knows, maybe the background speaker is on another call while the foreground speaker is barking what most people think is "what did you do" and or "help me jesus". How crazy would that be? How crazy would it be if the background speaker(s) can be heard and understood by adjusting the pitch of the audio?

The post suggest 3 calls before 911, but I only see 2 names. It suggests:

1. Bynum
2. Beuf
3. ??

Who was alleged call #3 to?

Also, does anyone know how the Ramsey's pronounced the name "Beuf" and/or if they had any particular way of referring to him normally, e.g. by first name, last name, nickname etc?

Um, wow! I wonder what time these calls were made and what was discussed?? IMO this points to the Ramseys guilt. Makes me wonder why LE didn't look more into this...

Um, wow! I wonder what time these calls were made and what was discussed?? IMO this points to the Ramseys guilt. Makes me wonder why LE didn't look more into this...

What is even more intriguing is whether Dr Beuf attended the scene late that night? And, were the Whites and Fernies called so that the Rs could have their lawyer on scene without looking too suspicious? Was an arrangement with the DA already made before the body was found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is even more intriguing is whether Dr Beuf attended the scene late that night? And, were the Whites and Fernies called so that the Rs could have their lawyer on scene without looking too suspicious? Was an arrangement with the DA already made before the body was found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some great questions. Really makes me wonder. At this point nothing would suprise me re this case.

Sorry if thses have already been asked/answered!!

1. Did the Ramseys do a lie detector test?
2. What was the stain on JBR cheek in the autopsy picture?

Sorry if thses have already been asked/answered!!

1. Did the Ramseys do a lie detector test?
2. What was the stain on JBR cheek in the autopsy picture?
I can't answer #2 but to answer #1, yes, the Ramseys eventually took a polygraph from a private polygrapher (not the BPD or FBI), Ed Gelb, after getting "inconclusive" results from a previous tester, and had a press conference after they passed. However, the BPD did not take much stock in the tests, as they were paid for by the Ramseys. The BPD tried unsuccessfully to schedule tests with the FBI after the Ramseys told Larry King they would gladly take a polygraph, but the Ramseys refused, saying they did not think the FBI was uninvolved/independent enough from the case to be "fair." All other suspects who submitted to a polygraph were tested by the FBI, according to Steve Thomas. And the Ramseys made multiple references to wishing the FBI had been more involved with the case on tv and in their book so it's a little odd that they wouldn't want to work with them when it really counted...go figure. Another polygrapher, Gene Parker, claimed to Peter Boyles that a Ramsey attorney had called him to inquire about setting up a test but apparently noped out after the stipulation that a urinalysis test conducted by an RN be done prior to the test. Gelb confirmed on Geraldo that he did not ask for any such exam, because he didn't think a test was necessary.

Of course, to quote Ms. Patsy herself, polygraphs are just "voodoo science" anyway! :wink:

If you'd like to read more, ACR has a great page on the subject.
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-ramseypolygraph.htm

7 just take this one.
11 Graphics phone?
15 number was.

~snip~

About the phone calls...
Yes, I'm familiar with that poster, Spade, and his "Door #3" theory that the Ramseys made multiple calls the night of the murder. Spade was the provider of the Bonita Papers, and according to RST spin a friend of Fleet White's. His real name has been posted online (I've been looking in my notes, haven't found it yet) but I don't know if the FW connection is true or not. Apparently when the Nancy Krebs krapola was going down online (and Spade was a frequent poster), Spade was pulled in by the pro-Krebs/anti-White faction as a supposed accomplice to the White family's alleged involvement in a child sex ring. A claim I think is absurdly bogus in every way, obviously, but that is where the FW connection seems to pop up afaik. IIRC he claimed to have sources within the FBI and talked to other players in the case, such as Lou Smit. As far as the phone records go, he also claimed the decree to squash them went all the way to the White House, which is hard to believe but it is true Hal Haddon had ties to the Clinton WH so I guess it isn't impossible.
Here's a thread where he talks about it:
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?3663-Attorney-client-Privilege

Another poster who anonymously claimed knowledge of this (as quoted by KoldKase in the link you posted) was Ginja, who shows up in that thread. As far as I know, nothing about her identity or credentials are known. Both claim Bynum was the primary call made but calls 2 and 3 remain a mystery. BobC also claims that Peter Boyles made a slip back in the day claiming that Bynum had been called before 911, but without tape or a transcript of the slip it's impossible to say if that happened or not. Boyles always claimed to have inside info about the crime through his sources as well.

All in all, I don't know what to think about the speculation about calls placed after the murder/
before the 911 call. I don't discount it, and my reading of Kolar's book is that he may lean that way based on his attention paid to when the Ramseys lawyered up. It's clear he thinks they are lying about when they lawyered up (on the 28th, after JB's body had been "ransomed" by police in the words of Pete Hoffstrom), which begs the question as to when he thinks they DID lawyer up. The Whites themselves confirmed to Westword that Bynum was contacting FW as of the afternoon that JB's body was found, so when did Bynum really get involved? Were the records illegally obtained by Rapp subpoenaed by the Grand Jury, as you suggested? If they were, Kolar would be aware of that because he was privy to GJ materials. Thomas also seemed to hint at it, since he complained that detectives were denied access to the phone records after the Rapp trial. Who cares about the records unless you suspect there's a possibility that something worthwhile could be there?

However, I also wonder why it wasn't all over the tabloids that these phone calls existed if Rapp was truly able to find something incriminating on the records he pulled, since he was hired by the tabs. It's possible he didn't want to say anything because of the court case, but it has been quite a few years and no leak has come out except online from the sources listed above. I don't know. I'd love to have a lengthy off-the-record chat with James Rapp though!

About the phone calls...
Yes, I'm familiar with that poster, Spade, and his "Door #3" theory that the Ramseys made multiple calls the night of the murder. Spade was the provider of the Bonita Papers, and according to RST spin a friend of Fleet White's. His real name has been posted online (I've been looking in my notes, haven't found it yet) but I don't know if the FW connection is true or not. Apparently when the Nancy Krebs krapola was going down online (and Spade was a frequent poster), Spade was pulled in by the pro-Krebs/anti-White faction as a supposed accomplice to the White family's alleged involvement in a child sex ring. A claim I think is absurdly bogus in every way, obviously, but that is where the FW connection seems to pop up afaik. IIRC he claimed to have sources within the FBI and talked to other players in the case, such as Lou Smit. As far as the phone records go, he also claimed the decree to squash them went all the way to the White House, which is hard to believe but it is true Hal Haddon had ties to the Clinton WH so I guess it isn't impossible.
Here's a thread where he talks about it:
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?3663-Attorney-client-Privilege

~RSBM~

However, I also wonder why it wasn't all over the tabloids that these phone calls existed if Rapp was truly able to find something incriminating on the records he pulled, since he was hired by the tabs. It's possible he didn't want to say anything because of the court case, but it has been quite a few years and no leak has come out except online from the sources listed above. I don't know. I'd love to have a lengthy off-the-record chat with James Rapp though!

Not exactly. :) I’m not claiming the GJ had the missing December records from Rapp, if indeed he had December’s records. The GJ would have been legally provided any phone records they reviewed. Since the GJ’s work didn’t begin until the fall of ’98, the December records were gone by then.

I can’t speak to any controversy over Spade. If one believes what Spade posted pertaining to someone stopped from obtaining those records, I’d guess that higher ups wouldn’t be keen on producing records sourced to a national defense contractor.

But AFAIK, Rapp was his own person, with his own business and not a subcontractor of the tabs. His letter to another purveyor of illegally obtained records shows he hadn’t sold them yet to anyone. I don’t know the timing of when he was arrested and all of his records repossessed by Colorado authorities. The authorities became very interested in him and tracked him down when he tried to sell the names of undercover cops to someone within the LA mafia.

No need for me to reiterate my post, and my path towards wondering about the missing phone records; I have simply noticed that the Rs notoriously created stories to explain many of the investigators’ concerns, and, though PR was pretty good at this, JR was even better. A good reason to interview her first in Atlanta.

Do I believe the Rs had help from some connected players in Boulder? Yes, I do. Who and how can’t be proven. We need Redd Herring to return and update his Boulder/Colorado page of connections. http://www.reocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/6502/6d/6deg.html

One can’t use such illegally acquired records in a court of law, or so I’ve been told. Yet such records did at one time exist and a poster with some connections within Boulder found out that someone in the household placed 3 calls before Patsy’s 911 call was placed. http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?10137-DNA-revisited-in-light-of-James-Kolar’s-book&p=193723#post193723

So the 3 phone calls thing is fascinating to me because the posts only name 2 of the calls. Lawyer and pediatrician. If the person were making it up and only had two calls, why say 3 were made? If they're making it up and say 3, why only source two? Just a little thing that makes me believe it. Plus I've always figured they at least called a lawyer before 911.

In your opinion- what is the strangest piece of evidence & why?

In your opinion- what is the strangest piece of evidence & why?

AlGx,
The size-12's, because if you are Columbo and have one last question, guess what it will be?

Excuse me, one minute Maam that's all I need, now its those size-12's. I believe JonBenet was wearing them when she was killed. When did she put them on?

In the real world of staging a crime, no sane person would dress JonBenet in those size-12's and attempt to claim, hey that's normal!

Even from a nine year old's perspective, surely those size-12's looked a bit on the large size?

They seem to evade a rational explanation, i.e. so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard