Ramsey Home Walkthrough by Paula Woodward 1

I'm over-simplifying all of this probably, but my initial thoughts about JB & BR bedrooms - the little prince and princess each needed a balcony.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's a good one! ;--)

-Nin

It's pretty easy to move a cable wire. Especially when you can afford to pay someone to drill a hole, do a little splicing and run a wire for you. Heck, I can do it.

I seem to recall that the house was almost 2 houses. The original Tudor (?) style home and the weird attachment wing at the back. Only JonBenet was in that wing on a nightly basis. In her 1998 LE interview, Patsy said she could hear Burke in the bathroom at night but never JonBenet.

I can't understand wanting such a small child so alone at night when there were so many other more viable options. I suspect she went to Burke's room because she was sometimes afraid to be alone. Maybe she's the one who woke up that night and sought out Burke.

Yeah, I agree -- I guess I'm just trying to somehow justify the unbelievable logic of it all with them being lazy; maybe the cable wire was short and they would have had to replace it, etc. Maybe they wouldn't have wanted to run a wire all the way through the house and would have had to have called the cable company? But yeah, in the end, it would have been simple. That and the fact that, as far as I know (which admittedly isn't much), it was simply a TV with a VCR (according to the maid) -- so there wasn't even cable connected to it anyway.

It's pretty easy to move a cable wire. Especially when you can afford to pay someone to drill a hole, do a little splicing and run a wire for you. Heck, I can do it.

I seem to recall that the house was almost 2 houses. The original Tudor (?) style home and the weird attachment wing at the back. Only JonBenet was in that wing on a nightly basis. In her 1998 LE interview, Patsy said she could hear Burke in the bathroom at night but never JonBenet.

I can't understand wanting such a small child so alone at night when there were so many other more viable options. I suspect she went to Burke's room because she was sometimes afraid to be alone. Maybe she's the one who woke up that night and sought out Burke.[/QUOTE

I agree it was like 2 separate houses. Look at both sets of stairs on the second floor. They cone out to a landing. There isn't really a straight hallway through the entire second floor. It looks like one would have to go through the play room/game room to get to the other side no matter which wing/side you were on. Crazy.

Also all the loud, frenetic wallpaper with bold colors and big patterns everywhere. Multiple designs. Was not a serene place, the busyness of the decor would make someone on the brink, teeter over imho. Nothing calm or peaceful in their surroundings.

Jonbenet ' s room, imho, would benefit by being near the washer/dryer which I believe was behind a closed door off to the side of the laundry room, due to her needing her bedding washed a lot.

Also she was.near the back stairs that Patsy used alot so she could just zip down one flight and be at JB'S door.

I was wondering though with the parents having NO door how did they ensure privacy when needed. I don't know if you would necessarily hear a child coming up either staircase if you were being intimate. Yikes.

Yeah, I agree -- I guess I'm just trying to somehow justify the unbelievable logic of it all with them being lazy; maybe the cable wire was short and they would have had to replace it, etc. Maybe they wouldn't have wanted to run a wire all the way through the house and would have had to have called the cable company? But yeah, in the end, it would have been simple. That and the fact that, as far as I know (which admittedly isn't much), it was simply a TV with a VCR (according to the maid) -- so there wasn't even cable connected to it anyway.

They didn't even fix the lightswitch in Jonbenet ' s room with all their money and connections. Also why not fix a broken window in the basement while we're at it.

Also all the loud, frenetic wallpaper with bold colors and big patterns everywhere. Multiple designs. Was not a serene place, the busyness of the decor would make someone on the brink, teeter over imho. Nothing calm or peaceful in their surroundings.

It's enough to drive anyone to drink. I would have fired the decorator.

It's enough to drive anyone to drink. I would have fired the decorator.

I'm sure Patsy made all the final choices.

Was it John Andrew who called her "flamboyant?" The house - like the ransom note - screamed "Patsy was here!"

It is a bit further than I thought. That house is such a maze. It's like a dollhouse, ugly wall paper and all.

Is it weird that I would love to live in that house? For all its ridiculousness it's a nice house. Especially now that they've renovated even more. I would have preferred they not remodel the basement to look like a medieval tavern (with awful plastic rocks). That bothers me, and it's ugly.

Who knows, it seems to go up for sale every few years, maybe I'll get a shot at it.

Is it weird? Not at all, to me. It would be wonderful if whoever lived there was someone who cared about JonBenet. The house has many lovely features, especially the variety of windows, and beautiful natural light. It's quirky because of the shape of the roof and the original structure, but there's a lot of charm in having rooms that aren't just predictable boxes. Plus, it has an enclosed staircase (my grandparents had one and I adored it)! I don't care for the basement remodel, either :p It's like the home design equivalent of a Big Mac. If you do get a shot at the place, a) you could change the basement, and b) please let me come and visit!

Is it weird? Not at all, to me. It would be wonderful if whoever lived there was someone who cared about JonBenet. The house has many lovely features, especially the variety of windows, and beautiful natural light. It's quirky because of the shape of the roof and the original structure, but there's a lot of charm in having rooms that aren't just predictable boxes. Plus, it has an enclosed staircase (my grandparents had one and I adored it)! I don't care for the basement remodel, either :p It's like the home design equivalent of a Big Mac. If you do get a shot at the place, a) you could change the basement, and b) please let me come and visit!

The current owner in an Inside Edition interview:

[video=youtube;Zn7O3GllHkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn7O3GllHkE[/video]

Wow, great picture -- thank you Kanzz, my initial speculation is confirmed. JBR was the furthest from all the rest of the family, on the opposite side of the house, in her own wing. Utterly ridiculous. It really infuriates me that the parents didn't have the common sense to move her to Malinda's room (unless due to some sinister reason to have her separated; then it infuriates me even more obviously, but that's nothing but conjecture). How long had Malinda been out of that house? She was 25 at the time, correct? All the more reason to leave those two rooms on that side of the house vacant for the two older siblings.

I'm starting to think JBR was given that room because of her bed-wetting problem and the fact that it had a bathroom inside the room itself, but there was a bathroom immediately across Malinda's room she could have used. I can't get over it -- it's just so fricking unconscionable that she was given that room, especially if it indeed was an intruder who did this (I don't believe this theory, just saying).
I wish a psychiatrist would join and could give us a professional opinion on this family's odd dynamic including allowing their youngest daughter to be so far away in the house.

I don't buy the TV excuse. It takes five minutes to place a TV in a different room. I think it goes a little deeper than that.

I don't have children and don't want any but if I did, snowball's chance in hell I would allow my youngest daughter to sleep in that location of the house. While I hope I would trust a college age son, I wouldn't have her room be the closest to his. It's not kosher.

So that was originally her room but she wouldn't sleep in her room because it didn't have a t.v. in it.
You cant allow six year olds to dictate where they get to sleep, especially when its from that distance. When she has nightmares, you cant hear her cry. If she needs something, she has to march all the way up to your room. If God forbid someone is doing something to her, you wont hear that either.

Alive she was kept at a distance during the night like a secret....dead she was tossed in the cellar like a secret.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back