Rants and Random Ideas ABOUT THE CASE thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rant about the myths I keep seeing; like CA rants about innocent until proven guilty.

"Not Guilty" does not mean "Innocent." It only means the jury did not find each element of a crime proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

"Innocent Until Proven Guilty" only applies to the government and the issue of whether or not the government can impose punishment for a crime. It does not prohibit the public from forming their own individual opinions or exercising their First Amendment rights to state their opinion that the person is guilty of the crime.

Thank you -- feel better already. :)
A Judge here had a ton of cases overturned for giving the wrong instruction to the Jury: Prior to this firm's involvement, Barbara Bell was tried and convicted for second-degree murder by a jury and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Thereafter, Mrs. Bell served two years in prison before the State Court of Criminal Appeals, in 1995, overturned the conviction and ordered a new trial based on a "presumed guilty" instruction routinely offered by the trial judge. Her case was one of many convictions that were overturned on this basis.

http://www.brewsterlaw.com/CM/Custom/Settlements-Verdicts.asp (Bolded by me)

I for one am tired of people saying "innocent until proven guilty". You are "presumed innocent until proven guilty".

Only those who know the current missing day count need contemplate this rant further.

:(

from the first post:

Originally Posted by JBean
Feel free to rant about your frustrations concerning the case in here.
Please don't rant about fellow posters, as that wil be subject to TOS and could get you in a bit 'o trouble.
We don't want no trouble.:)

Also post any random thoughts or ideas on this case that don't really need a new thread, but you would like to put the idea out there.

A Judge here had a ton of cases overturned for giving the wrong instruction to the Jury: Prior to this firm's involvement, Barbara Bell was tried and convicted for second-degree murder by a jury and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Thereafter, Mrs. Bell served two years in prison before the State Court of Criminal Appeals, in 1995, overturned the conviction and ordered a new trial based on a "presumed guilty" instruction routinely offered by the trial judge. Her case was one of many convictions that were overturned on this basis.

http://www.brewsterlaw.com/CM/Custom/Settlements-Verdicts.asp (Bolded by me)

This isn't exactly a rant, but I knew Barbara and David Bell. What a shock that murder was!

from the first post:

Originally Posted by JBean
Feel free to rant about your frustrations concerning the case in here.
Please don't rant about fellow posters, as that wil be subject to TOS and could get you in a bit 'o trouble.
We don't want no trouble.:)

Also post any random thoughts or ideas on this case that don't really need a new thread, but you would like to put the idea out there.

Hey, JBean, could you tell the bulk of the folks at the P.I. thread to come over here? Or somewhere? I guess my rant is that I'm getting tired of going to threads for discussion, and seeing them all deteriorate some how or another to an dead or alive thread. Regardless of the topic, that's where they all go! :crazy:

Hey, JBean, could you tell the bulk of the folks at the P.I. thread to come over here? Or somewhere? I guess my rant is that I'm getting tired of going to threads for discussion, and seeing them all deteriorate some how or another to an dead or alive thread. Regardless of the topic, that's where they all go! :crazy:

It's kind of the nub of all the evidence. Maybe we need a "Caylee is NOT Alive" support thread. Would you support me, EZ?:)

It's kind of the nub of all the evidence. Maybe we need a "Caylee is NOT Alive" support thread. Would you support me, EZ?:)

Absolutely I would Stead. I've wondered why there isn't one...you know, kinda like equal time? There was a debate thread I think, and one that asked for all KC's verified truths, but not one that specifically says she's dead. Now, I think you know where I stand...I hate the idea of needing a 'dead' thread, I wish she was alive. But I support LE 110%, think they're waiting to finish putting together all the evidence, and KC will be charged.

Back to the original question -- yes, I've got your back. :blowkiss:

Count me in too.....i find it rather frustrating :banghead:

Just thinkin.......does anyone else out there believe that the reason that Casey wants to get out, besides boredom from house arrest and lack of public exposure to her wiggling fat a$$, is to see if anyone has disturbed Caylee's "resting place"? Not that I think any judge would grant her condition, but I can't help but think maybe that's the reason.

I hope that LP was correct in nailing down Caylee's "resting place" (where KC was/had been on the day that she told AH that she finally got rid of that terrible smell/squirrell.....)

Godspeed, Mr. Miller and your team. I pray that you find her little remains straight away. Signed. Sealed. Delivered. Oh, yah. My prayers will be with TES.:angel:

i think one of the receipts will show she purchased something like a suitcase or a duffle bag at one of the stores she went to and all of a sudden
the suitcase or duffle bag is missing

know what i mean?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

A spokesman for the state attorney's office said that hundreds of pages of more evidence could be released in the case, including a video showing Anthony allegedly passing bad checks at a Target store.

So I wondered if JC Pennys and the other places KC spent her stolen money at have videos of her going in or out of the stores with Caylee!

We know she didn't have a babysitter after she left home so if the stores videos show her with no Caylee..... just thinking out loud....

i think one of the receipts will show she purchased something like a suitcase or a duffle bag at one of the stores she went to and all of a sudden
the suitcase or duffle bag is missing

know what i mean?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:me too because the receipts for those dates were handed over to JB instead of LE!!! That makes me sick why Lee's list starts the 30th of June!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517