Raven's Mission

Jenifred said:
Sure there's that slim chance that he didn't kill his wife, but I think that Jess and Moxie are talking about the fact that he is a convicted felon and that he's broken the law of chastity (which he promised to live by when he took out his temple endowments) on more than just once.

That helps... You are right, I was referencing the felony conviction for embezzlement as well as the numerous adulterous affairs while he was married to Janet. Since Raven has not been charged or arrested regarding Janet's murder, I would be reluctant to bring that up to the bishop, since I am sure the bishop would want only facts. However, it seems the felony embezzlement and affairs would be enough for him to be in serious jeporady with the LDS church.

Hmmm..

Since Raven has a long history of playing fast and loose with the truth, my guess is that his bishop does not know the whole story. Maybe bits and pieces, but definitely not the whole, unvarnished truth.

reportergirl said:
Jenifred,

I agree with all of that, but are you sure he has taken out his endowment? They weren't married in temple, if I remember correctly, and I don't think I heard they were sealed at a later date. Did they do it while in NC?
They were married in the temple.

Relative to Raven "snowing" his new priesthood leaders, i.e. the Bishop, please know that these individuals have the power of discernment. Because of their callings as shepherds over their individual wards, they are entitled to spiritual insight and inspiration. I promise you Raven is not fooling anyone. I've known of cases where former Bishops have taken the initiative to contact a member's new Bishop in order to "fill them in" on what's been going on... This isn't just another social organization.

Relative to any potential disciplinary action, anyone anywhere can submit information to Raven's priesthood leaders. If you want to know who his Bishop/Stake President is, give me either his address or at least the town where he lives...

reportergirl said:
Hey guys,

Let me tell you, rest assured the Utah Bishop knows what's going on. Everyone in the neighborhood knows. It's a very tight ward.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one here still asking this, but how are you all so sure that Raven did it? I've known him for so long growing up, it just still seems so out of his character.
A couple questions RG: Do you know if the Bishop has excommunicated raven? If he really does know what's going on and everyone else in the ward knows, wouldn't he have to excommunicate him?
Also, wondering if having affairs and stealing from his employer were out of character too or were these facts not a surprise to someone that knew him?
I have racked my brain for months now on who else could have done this. No other scenario that I can think of makes sense with all the facts that we do know, which isn't alot. Can you think of any?

NCBanker said:
Relative to Raven "snowing" his new priesthood leaders, i.e. the Bishop, please know that these individuals have the power of discernment. Because of their callings as shepherds over their individual wards, they are entitled to spiritual insight and inspiration. I promise you Raven is not fooling anyone. I've known of cases where former Bishops have taken the initiative to contact a member's new Bishop in order to "fill them in" on what's been going on... This isn't just another social organization.
In a perfect world, this would be true.

My opinions on why Raven went back to LDS life. All of them are based upon the fact that I believe he is a narcissitic sociopath who will always find a way to con others out of love, time and resources.

MONEY- In the form of housing, food, clothing, whatever he and Kaiden ( and possibly his mother and that part of the gang) needed will be provided to him by his ward.
It's how LDS works. They take care of their own. All he has to do is show need to his Bishop, and go to the Storehouse and shop.. for free. No repayment is ever required.

EMPLOYMENT- LDS also maintain employment placement centers and will find him a job, probably at a business owned by another LDS member. I doubt that he will do much or for very long, but I don't see him working on bikes and getting his hands literally dirty for very long.

CLEANING UP HIS REPUTATION- Pledging devotion to the LDS church gives the perception of a closer alignment with Janet's family through the ties of their religion.
He needs to act as clean as possible in public and on paper because the day is coming when Janet's murderer will be arrested and will be tried before a jury of his peers. .

LEGAL AID- I would bet dollars to doughnuts now that he's out of the jurisdiction of his NC attorney, he has been looking for or has retained a fellow LDS member who is an attorney. Because of his financial status, he is probably going to have excellent legal protection for free until the day comes when he is extradited back to NC.

AVAILABLE YOUNG WOMEN- Let's face it, there are many very young women ( 18-21) who are going to fall all over the new widower and cute little son in their stake. He chose a wife who was, by all accounts, raised in the LDS church and who retained her LDS value system.
Chances are, he would want the same type of giving, devoted wife again.. and Kaiden will need a mother.

JMO, but these are the reasons I see him working the religion angle. Again, since I consider him to be a sociopath, he lacks a conscience. Guilt/ forgiveness/ repentance are not emotions and actions that a sociopath is capable of having.

reportergirl said:
Hey guys,

Let me tell you, rest assured the Utah Bishop knows what's going on. Everyone in the neighborhood knows. It's a very tight ward.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one here still asking this, but how are you all so sure that Raven did it? I've known him for so long growing up, it just still seems so out of his character.
Really? then how come you didn't even know that he did marry Janet in the LDS Washington D.C. temple? JMO, I think people know what they want to know. As a close tight ward and neighborhood, would any of these people want to help find out about the truth regarding the murder of Janet?

Birdhunter,

There are certainly people who choose not to dig below the surface.. who choose not to ask. Don't ask, don't tell is very much a part of the culture Raven is in.
However, his fellow LDS members are NOT psychopaths or sociopaths.
IF someone presented Raven's stake president, bishop, and elders of his church with everything we KNOW to be true, they would listen, they would be obligated to consider the information!!

It may be that it is up to one of us to make this our personal mission. I am not the type of person to prepare and deliver a concise, unbiased, unemotional report of this case to date, but I imagine that we DO have someone here who can do a remarkably effective job.

My hope, my prayer is that we are now getting to the " grass roots" part of what Internet sleuths can do to shed light where darkness lives. I hope very much that someone here will present all of the case information, the timeline, and especially screen captures of Raven's online activity ( blog, the " I AM A Bird" part, the MySpace signup as Single, all of it) with quiet dignity and let the evidence bear witness through its own heavy visual and certainly factual impact.

Thinkoflaura said:
My opinions on why Raven went back to LDS life. All of them are based upon the fact that I believe he is a narcissitic sociopath who will always find a way to con others out of love, time and resources.

MONEY- In the form of housing, food, clothing, whatever he and Kaiden ( and possibly his mother and that part of the gang) needed will be provided to him by his ward.
It's how LDS works. They take care of their own. All he has to do is show need to his Bishop, and go to the Storehouse and shop.. for free. No repayment is ever required.
I don't know if Utah is different (because there are so many Mormons there), but in the Houston area, people that need food/basic personal care needs, someone has to go to the person's house and take an order. Technically, the person from the church taking the order needs to physically go thorough the cupboards/pantry to make sure that people aren't stockpiling. I know that this doesn't happen everytime and that people get items that they don't need. I don't think that people are actually allowed to go shopping in the storehouse.

Thinkoflaura said:
EMPLOYMENT- LDS also maintain employment placement centers and will find him a job, probably at a business owned by another LDS member. I doubt that he will do much or for very long, but I don't see him working on bikes and getting his hands literally dirty for very long.
I would hope that any LDS business man would take the time to check another member's references and background. I'm sure there are many out there that would be willing to give someone a second chance. But really, Raven is a crook, has been a crook, and will always be a crook. So I really feel sorry for this guy at Canyon Bikes, he better be checking and re-checking whatever Raven does.

Thinkoflaura said:
AVAILABLE YOUNG WOMEN- Let's face it, there are many very young women ( 18-21) who are going to fall all over the new widower and cute little son in their stake. He chose a wife who was, by all accounts, raised in the LDS church and who retained her LDS value system.
Chances are, he would want the same type of giving, devoted wife again.. and Kaiden will need a mother.
This is what scares me too. There are so many naive LDS girls out there that have the potential to be sucked in to this whole scenario. There are so many that would find it romantic to think that they filled a deceased wife's shoes, comforted the widower, and stepped up to take care of a small child. What those girls need to know is that Raven was a liar, he will lie to get them in his bed and take away their innocence just to leave them in the dust later. If he ever does really decided to get married again, granted that he's not in prison, he will lie to say that he's worthy to get married in the temple (if that's what the girl wants to do). And I'm afraid that this girl will be heartbroken mourning all the years she lost on this fool--unless he decides to strike again and kill another wife.

Thinkoflaura said:
Birdhunter,

There are certainly people who choose not to dig below the surface.. who choose not to ask. Don't ask, don't tell is very much a part of the culture Raven is in.
However, his fellow LDS members are NOT psychopaths or sociopaths.
IF someone presented Raven's stake president, bishop, and elders of his church with everything we KNOW to be true, they would listen, they would be obligated to consider the information!!

It may be that it is up to one of us to make this our personal mission. I am not the type of person to prepare and deliver a concise, unbiased, unemotional report of this case to date, but I imagine that we DO have someone here who can do a remarkably effective job.

My hope, my prayer is that we are now getting to the " grass roots" part of what Internet sleuths can do to shed light where darkness lives. I hope very much that someone here will present all of the case information, the timeline, and especially screen captures of Raven's online activity ( blog, the " I AM A Bird" part, the MySpace signup as Single, all of it) with quiet dignity and let the evidence bear witness through its own heavy visual and certainly factual impact.
Good idea, and I can guarantee you that I am not one that can deliver an unemotional report, but I would be glad to help anyone else with it, if they are willing. Just pm me and I'll be happy to help out with one.

Jenni, I have direct knowledge of how one metropolitan area stake offers up their storehouse and it is definitely an open door, come as you are, take what you want shopping experience. I am certain that no one from my former friend's ward came to her house because I was there when she asked and was given permission from her bishop to go. The Relief Society also took cooked food items to her for quite some time, and they also had a special " Put and Take" for her which was really more of a " We put, You take". The ward was an extremely giving ward, and the members were also mostly in the upper income group.
I made no judgments about her need or perceived need, but I do think that the civil suits she filed against her husband who was an inactive member give a larger picture of the situation. What none of us knew at the time, but I do know now because of the huge house she bought shortly after the church relief was provided was that she had inherited a 7 figure estate from her mother at the same time. She threw her husband out of the house and initiated divorce proceedings against him before she received the money.
However, things were off timewise, and she was short of cash during the period of time when her mother's estate was still in process and her husband had vacated the premises. That's when she asked for church aid.

I have no direct knowledge of how the LDS career placement center worked in our area. I think that many of the jobs were temporary in nature.

I had a very strong mental image of Raven, Kaiden and the sympathetic, marriage and children- minded young women.... I think he will shop around, date quite a bit outside the church, and remarry before long. I have a feeling that he will choose a much younger never- married young woman from the Church and that he will more than likely marry a tall, slim blonde beautiful girl. I worry a lot about those young women and think they deserve to KNOW the facts before they are sucked in by Raven's superficial charm.

Jenifred said:
I don't know if Utah is different (because there are so many Mormons there), but in the Houston area, people that need food/basic personal care needs, someone has to go to the person's house and take an order. Technically, the person from the church taking the order needs to physically go thorough the cupboards/pantry to make sure that people aren't stockpiling. I know that this doesn't happen everytime and that people get items that they don't need. I don't think that people are actually allowed to go shopping in the storehouse.

I would hope that any LDS business man would take the time to check another member's references and background. I'm sure there are many out there that would be willing to give someone a second chance. But really, Raven is a crook, has been a crook, and will always be a crook. So I really feel sorry for this guy at Canyon Bikes, he better be checking and re-checking whatever Raven does.

This is what scares me too. There are so many naive LDS girls out there that have the potential to be sucked in to this whole scenario. There are so many that would find it romantic to think that they filled a deceased wife's shoes, comforted the widower, and stepped up to take care of a small child. What those girls need to know is that Raven was a liar, he will lie to get them in his bed and take away their innocence just to leave them in the dust later. If he ever does really decided to get married again, granted that he's not in prison, he will lie to say that he's worthy to get married in the temple (if that's what the girl wants to do). And I'm afraid that this girl will be heartbroken mourning all the years she lost on this fool--unless he decides to strike again and kill another wife.

Thinkoflaura said:
I had a very strong mental image of Raven, Kaiden and the sympathetic, marriage and children- minded young women.... I think he will shop around, date quite a bit outside the church, and remarry before long. I have a feeling that he will choose a much younger never- married young woman from the Church and that he will more than likely marry a tall, slim blonde beautiful girl. I worry a lot about those young women and think they deserve to KNOW the facts before they are sucked in by Raven's superficial charm.
You just described Janet.

I thought she was really small and a brunette. Am I wrong?
From the photos on Raven's archived site ( ha ha Raven), she looks very small and also dark haired.

terminatrixator said:
You just described Janet.

ToL--I'm sorry, I was wrong. People do go shopping at the Bishop's Storehouse, however it's not a free for all (or it shouldn't be). Someone does have to go to their house, assess their needs and then fill out a form. Then the person receiving the aid takes the form, after it's been approved by their bishop, then they go to the storehouse and pick up the food. However, if the rules are followed, they are only supposed to get what they need for 2 weeks. If they only need 2 rolls of toilet paper, that's all they're supposed to take--not a whole 4 pack, just what they need.

I didn't mean to split hairs with youor to get off the main topic. But this is how the storehouse is supposed to work. Does it get abused? Probably. Is Raven taking advantage of this? Who knows, but I assume that Karyn and Jim's jobs should provide enough for themselves as well as Raven and Kaiden. They shouldn't be needing to use this storehouse as their grocery.

Thinkoflaura said:
I thought she was really small and a brunette. Am I wrong?
From the photos on Raven's archived site ( ha ha Raven), she looks very small and also dark haired.
She was petite and darker blonde sometimes a lighter blonde, but not a brunette by any means.

Jenifred said:
She was petite and darker blonde sometimes a lighter blonde, but not a brunette by any means.
As, Jenifred has stated, Janet was blonde to dirty blonde depending on time of year, but she was also about 5 feet 8 inches and very slim.

Yes, Janet Marie Chrisitiansen had blonde hair, was tall, slim and very Beautiful.

BirdHunter said:
As, Jenifred has stated, Janet was blonde to dirty blonde depending on time of year, but she was also about 5 feet 8 inches and very slim.
She was that tall? Gosh, I remember her as being shorter. But my memory is failing me.

I do remember her being very slim (in a healthy way).

Dear Jenni,
I wrote a reply but WS ate it, LOL. I owe you a big apology.
You posted to me with grace and kindness. You are an example of a spirit filled lady.
I wrote my post with a few facts about someone who fleeced a lot of people and acted pitiful when she was, in fact, a multi- millionaire waiting on the money.
Let's say it was, in many ways, a " very Raven thing".

I think there is a parable/ cautionary tale of sorts here. I thought about it after I read your lovely reply to my post..
Maybe this is the way people who helped Raven feel, or will soon feel when someone from WS does the right thing and tells all the facts.
IF the facts had been known about what my friend did at the time, it would probably have gone much differently. I know we would have all prayed for her and her family to have the protection of the Spirit, and the intervention of the bishop and first elders might have humbled a proud and dishonest spirit.
I know the LDS church is giving and loving, but honesty in all things is a commandment. She was honest and kind until her mother, whom she was not close to, died and left her an amount of money which she had never had access to before.

My family can laugh off the ways she lied to us and used us now, and we gladly helped her generously without sacrifice because we could do so, but at the time, it was one stressful emergency in her life after the other for months and months, probably even a year. I saw her second grader standing in the cold and rain getting on the school bus beside a very busy highway and just broke down and cried. I would have taken her to school since her non- working mother wouldn't protect her safety, had I known.

All in all, I think the promise of such a large amount of "found money" corrupted something inside my friend's soul. She started neglecting her precious children, dismissed her loving and faithful husband of over 20 years, and used the church and her friends for her immediate wants. She lied about some of the same things Raven did, and for the same reason- money.

She was not marketable as a TV personality in our metro area, not even normally neat in appearance, yet she enrolled herself in a very expensive college to get a major in journalism/ broadcasting while taking her 2 older children out of BYU. She sacrificed her children's dream future for a pipe dream for herself. She has none of the attributes of the on- air personalities, except the gift of gab. It was the most inconsistent thing she did, but she thought she was the next Diane Sawyer. It was an ego thing. She did not see that she was very unsuited for the grandiose plans she had.
This too, reminds me of Raven.
I am being very objective when I say these things. It was shocking to see, because it was so obvious that her behavior was not reality- based.

So much happened with the lies and the taking from people.. Maybe this is how people who embraced Raven feel, in a way. Maybe that's why she came to mind in the first place, because I had not thought of her in quite some time.
My former friend borrowed my favorite car ( the newest luxury car) for weeks at the time to ferry her 4 children to their various schools. She said hers was in the shop, but I think that her husband managed to escape with at least a vehicle. She never even gave me a dollar for the gas or mileage or DIRTY interior when she returned it, nor did she ask any of her children to clean up their mess inside. I know she knew that we didn't NEED the money but it would have been admirable and is what I would have done had I been in the same situation. She bought a new Mercedes SUV which she drove up in and proudly showed us ( with the price sticker still on the window, LOL) and that was that. Of course, she compared her SUV to our luxury sedans and was really like a kid who doesn't know that bragging is rude ( or like Raven with his SUV).

Two of her older children had to come home from their freshman BYU orientation during her trials and tribulations. Her children, aged 6- 19, were tormented when she scrambled to divorce their very nice, mild mannered, LDS father because she didn't want him to have a penny of her mother's money. The children and the rest of us thought they were really happy. I was at their house quite often before her mother died and it was obvious that he loved her and their children dearly, and she was a good mother and wife by outward acts and gestures. He was such a gentle spirit.
The last time I saw their shared home, his things were packed in the garage and he was living in a church- sponsered men's apartment temporarily, while she was moving into her new mansion.

She sued HIM for child support. She issued a restraining order against him so that he could not access the home, or see the children.
She had her assets put in her father's name early to keep her husband from having any legal recourse to " jointly owned property". Her father lives over 1000 miles away and who will never live anywhere near her. ( he has remarried and has a nice second family). I know these things because I looked up the civil court action regarding their divorce and found all these other suits and motions and legal protections put around her by her LDS friend attorney.

I really liked and looked up to this lady as my friend. She was the Relief Society pres. at her ward at the time, which may have been a contributing factor as to why everything was wide open to her as far as material goods and money from the church.

I know that I have forgiven what she did, although I do not understand why money corrupted her to the point of being very duplicitious and horrible to everyone who loved her, especially her spouse and children.

Jenifred said:
ToL--I'm sorry, I was wrong. People do go shopping at the Bishop's Storehouse, however it's not a free for all (or it shouldn't be). Someone does have to go to their house, assess their needs and then fill out a form. Then the person receiving the aid takes the form, after it's been approved by their bishop, then they go to the storehouse and pick up the food. However, if the rules are followed, they are only supposed to get what they need for 2 weeks. If they only need 2 rolls of toilet paper, that's all they're supposed to take--not a whole 4 pack, just what they need.

I didn't mean to split hairs with youor to get off the main topic. But this is how the storehouse is supposed to work. Does it get abused? Probably. Is Raven taking advantage of this? Who knows, but I assume that Karyn and Jim's jobs should provide enough for themselves as well as Raven and Kaiden. They shouldn't be needing to use this storehouse as their grocery.

terminatrixator said:
Yes, Janet Marie Chrisitiansen had blonde hair, was tall, slim and very Beautiful.

Then I expect Wife #2 to look quite a lot like Janet, only younger (like 19 or so).
This scares me a lot. If you think about it, it would certainly help " appearances" at a murder trial if he had a new wife, a baby on the way, Kaiden in her lap, etc... I feel sick now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back