Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sorry everyone for using improper terminology. I was referring to the deposition. It was under oath, so it seemed fair to bring it up. Thank you to all that clarified.

My point still stands, however. IMO, Dr. Peterson did not give any horrible news late at night. If he had, I believe it would have been documented in the medical records stating that he spoke to the parents (or at least JS). Given that records weren't offered as proof that there was an exchange of dire and horrible news, I believe that JS did not call Rebecca to tell her anything horrific enough to send her into a suicide tailspin. I think he was calling to see if she would answer knowing what was going down at the house. Provide himself with a little buffer.

BM. I thought JS is to be treated and respected as a victim. There is not a shred of evidence that I've seen that he in any way was involved in RZ's death.

Actually, there is evidence for AS. He was there, the only person on the premises before RZ was killed and called 911 after "finding" her body. He was the last person to see her alive. We can keep repeating the evidence as long as needed.

Yes. There was definitely evidence AS was at the Spreckels mansion the same time period Rebecca was sexually assaulted and then hung and found dead. How do we know?

Adam said so himself directly to the police, during 911 call, and also polygraph exam. That's 3 separate physical evidence. Adam absolutely had Opportunity.

Adam also had motive. His nephew was braindead and near death.

Adam also had means. He is skilled at tying ropes, the identical ones that were used on Rebecca's bindings and noose.

From careful examination of the evidence and the read on jurors and audience in court, verdict is: Adam is the sexual assaulter and murderer of Rebecca.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I find Cynic to be wrong about many things - no offense, Cynic.

I will stick with the opinion of the SDSO. They were there and saw the railing up close - not in a photo.

They relied on the photo to support their case, which it doesn't even do. Exactly the opposite.

There is no physical evidence that AS conspired, raped and murdered RZ but that didn't stop this lawsuit. If LE has supposedly colluded with Jonah, as some posters here have alleged, why is the lawsuit against just AS?

Again, the physical evidence is Adam admitting to opportunity, motive. Means he denies but really? Who believes a tugboat CAPTAIN does not know how to tie nautical knots that duplicate those on Rebecca's bindings and noose?

LOL

Sorry kid. He's a goner in this trial.

So if JS said it then it must be true? Liken that to the 8-9 times SDSO on the stand admitted that they conferred with JS to arrive at their suicide finding. I don't believe anything he says and believe there has been a true travesty of justice here. I could not believe that SDSO admitted to having JS be the "lead" in the investigation (my words). Awful.

Did it come out in trial anyone know that JS and Gore were acquaintances/friends/donors before the accident? Open question.

Why did Gore not testify? Another one of the officials that proclaimed through re-enactments and JS commiseration that he was so sure that it was suicide. Why aren't these officials backing up their findings?

Because its all a SHAM.

IMO

If all of the SDSO witnesses and the ME testified and backed up their findings, in court, there would be at least something to find plausible perhaps for the defense. And Detective Tsuida did testify though it appears she was shredded on the stand. Then, poof, the ME and other investigators were pulled from testifying? It doesn't take a very good imagination to see what has happened.

Question to any lawyers: Would the county of SD lawyers decide to pull any more testimony because of how badly things were going for the defense? Were they trying to cut their losses perhaps?

The lack of media coverage, imo, almost seems deliberate (though I could be a tad paranoid at this point). I'd really like to know how many of the defense witnesses from SDSO and associated agencies who were actually hands-on in the so-called "death investigation" were scheduled to testify vs. how many were actually called. Seems there were a few dozen scheduled according to Mr. Greer, and I don't think anywhere near that number actually took the stand.

Would seem to show not only how prepared Mr. Greer was, but also how easy it was to punch Grand Canyon-size holes in their "investigative evidence."

I'm sure Mr. Greer will make that point clear in his closing. At some point, I would think, he has to look the jury in the eyes and tell them what he (and most of us) think about the investigation into Rebecca's death. He has to confirm for them what they're undoubtedly wondering with regard to that joke of an investigation.

Actually, there is evidence for AS. He was there, the only person on the premises before RZ was killed and called 911 after "finding" her body. He was the last person to see her alive. We can keep repeating the evidence as long as needed.

You haven't repeated evidence, all I've seen are theories and conclusions he's guilty. I've not seen evidence at this trial that AS raped and murdered RZ. Being in a different building and calling 911 might be probable cause to be considered a person of interest to LE. It isn't evidence of civil liability.

Again, the physical evidence is Adam admitting to opportunity, motive. Means he denies but really? Who believes a tugboat CAPTAIN does not know how to tie nautical knots that duplicate those on Rebecca's bindings and noose?

LOL

Sorry kid. He's a goner in this trial.

LOL. Adam has NOT admitted to liability and that is ALL that matters in this civil lawsuit.

If that (the VM from Jonah) was her “break point,” I can see her taking pills or walking into the ocean across the street or maybe even driving her car into a cement wall at high speed as a young person I know did. :( All impulsive acts.)

But to hear a message (the content of which we don’t know for sure) and suddenly gather rope, paint, take a shower, trail menstrual blood while planning and setting up an elaborate naked outdoor suicide, complete with cryptic painted door message and fairly elaborate knots...honestly, that suicide scenario is so time-consuming and bizarre that it defies credulity as a response to a break point IMO.

And let’s not forget the possibility of hog-tying herself. I realize that anything is possible, so I’ll never say “never,” but I will say that I don’t understand why this particular suicide scenario is more believable to some than murder.
JMO
In furtherance of your comments about the considerable and inexplicable effort RZ would have had to undertake to take her own life, I am reminded of what I read recently.

Namely, at the time of her death two reports about Max may have significance to the manner of death of Rebecca...even if neither seems true given what we've learned since.

A. There was a report that a doctor had informed the grieving parents that little Max may have been suffocated.
B. Another report suggested he could have either fallen over -- or been pushed over -- the second floor railing.

So if someone wants a revenge killing he stuffs part of a shirt in the victims mouth and somehow hangs her from a second floor railing.

You can't make this stuff up.

The lack of media coverage, imo, almost seems deliberate (though I could be a tad paranoid at this point). I'd really like to know how many of the defense witnesses from SDSO and associated agencies who were actually hands-on in the so-called "death investigation" were scheduled to testify vs. how many were actually called. Seems there were a few dozen scheduled according to Mr. Greer, and I don't think anywhere near that number actually took the stand.

Would seem to show not only how prepared Mr. Greer was, but also how easy it was to punch Grand Canyon-size holes in their "investigative evidence."

I'm sure Mr. Greer will make that point clear in his closing. At some point, I would think, he has to look the jury in the eyes and tell them what he (and most of us) think about the investigation into Rebecca's death. He has to confirm for them what they're undoubtedly wondering with regard to that joke of an investigation.

Spot on, Imp. Not paranoid--the lack of coverage, and the selective coverage, are definitively deliberate. MOO

So this was apparently a 2 min voicemail that JS claims to have left updating about Max’s condition getting worse. A 2 min voicemail is a long voicemail. NR texted RZ with no response and then stopped by the house, no answer to door. Went to the side gate, but didn’t go through the gate but tried to look to the backyard. Why? Maybe she heard something, perhaps she could’ve seen RZ in the vicinity of or in the guest house with AS..... I know she said that she didn’t see anything. I really never believed her responsible for anything. But my theory, and this is just my opinion is that when NR got no response from Rebecca that she then called JS to inform him that he couldn’t get in touch with her etc. maybe even saying “listen I saw her in the back with AS so I know she is up”. And that so JS then called Rebecca and left a voicemail saying “listen NR and DR are getting on my case, I know they have tried contacting you, they are pissed, just want to make sure your ok and don’t respond to NR cause I can’t deal with this drama”. NR stopped by the house around 10:40, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his voicemail was about an hour later. In my opinion, I think that JS might have lied about the voicemail as to not incriminate both NR and AS. Would look bad that NR was at the house that night. (And I really don’t think that NR has involvement with hurting RZ). And it looks bad that his brother was the only one at the house. I think the voicemail was a long voicemail.

I've always thought his phone call to her was for the purpose to forewarn her and tell her to be wary.

Looks like RZ toe-danced on the railing as well as the balcony, eh? :rolleyes:

Absurd.

Imo, the murderer hoisted her off the ground with the noose rope. He was going for a dead drop hanging injury, but since he decided to reverse-engineer the hanging, he only managed to inflict a relatively minor neck injury (I'm not talking about the strangulation injury here) compared to the injury her neck would receive in a 9'2" dead drop of 105 lbs.

I'm sure that this:
Adam polygraph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppRDQ7yfymg&feature=youtu.be
And this:
Adam 911 call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyGs0d2d-ck&feature=youtu.be

Will help anyone who doubts Adam implicates himself. He doesn't even know if he made the 911 call first or if he cut the body down while on the phone with 911. He checks off every single red flag a police department looks for in the 911 call to indicate caller is suspect. He MOVED the tight rope around the wrist because he otherwise could not get his fingers under to take a pulse. And, remember that the defenses own witness stated that tight rope means homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA