Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his closing argument, I hope Greer has the scenario re-enacted. It will show the impossibility of everything. He can also explain the inconsistencies as he goes.

It’s one thing to say that this was a suicide but once one goes through all the steps in one’s mind, the absurdity of it all becomes quite obvious.

BBM

In fact just the opposite personality is needed as a Captain.

I have posted plenty of links to the profession. Here is a couple more:

I
http://www.owlguru.com/work-style/characteristics-of-good-ship-and-boat-captains/

http://www.dockwalk.com/Essentials/HotTopics.aspx?id=6054

https://www.mymajors.com/career/ship-captain/skills/

Work on tugs and barges are sought after well paying jobs in the Mississippi River region.

As for the computer *advertiser censored* we don’t have enough information to make a judgment, imo.

For all we know it was accessed remotely.

Adam said it was Rebecca who was in contact with him about coming to Coronado. Did she pay for the ticket online as well?

If so did she share access to supply Adam a boarding pass?

imo

Well this is enlightening! Yes I agree that Adam was coached to the nenth degree as the defendant’s resources are unlimited. They probably did mock trial after mock trial all video taped and had jury experts give continuous feedback until his testimony was just right.

Additionally, the point that is not made often enough, imo, is that the psychologist who was there directly after Max's fall and spent several hours with Rebecca saw nothing to indicate she was suicidal, and the person who actually spoke with her within hours of this happening, saw evidence that she was doing OK and making detailed plans for the following day. RZ also sent a message to another sister indicating a hopefulness and planning to send updates on Max's condition. These are the people who can speak directly to Rebecca's state of mind at the time.

Did this come up in trial?

Additionally, the point that is not made often enough, imo, is that the psychologist who was there directly after Max's fall and spent several hours with Rebecca saw nothing to indicate she was suicidal, and the person who actually spoke with her within hours of this happening, saw evidence that she was doing OK and making detailed plans for the following day. RZ also sent a message to another sister indicating a hopefulness and planning to send updates on Max's condition. These are the people who can speak directly to Rebecca's state of mind at the time.

Exactly. Also Rebecca's phone records showed that she tried to call Jonah earlier but they were very short calls so they probably went to VM. I've always wondered why Rebecca didn't pick up when Jonah called that night.

It's VERY weird to me that Jonah would leave a message with bad news about Max (and saying they were over?) on a VOICEMAIL at midnight-- in fact I don't believe that's what happened...... but even if he did leave a "bad" message, why wouldn't Rebecca call back? Get some clarification? Tell Jonah she was sorry about Max? Anything!!

But instead we are to believe she INSTANTLY got bizarrely suicidal and wanted to hurt the family even more?

This is so ludicrous it shocks me anyone buys the suicide story.

Also that message - Can HE save her? It's directed to Jonah. IMO it's a ruse. I'd say why but it's against the TOS of this board.

It's my opinion that someone in this case has gotten away with a murder for hire. They wanted her killed, degraded and thrown over a balcony just like Max went over a balcony. Grief filled rage and hate.

Can you give me the source for the info that Jonah stayed at a hotel the night before AS arrived?

Yes. The video of JS testimony. They did not have room for him at the Ronald McDonald House so he stayed in a motel room nearby that the hospital booked for him. He testified that the next day he was able to move into the Ronald McDonald House.

People watch *advertiser censored*. In fact, I hear *advertiser censored* is quite popular.

I would imagine it is harder to move beds once they have settled into the carpet, not to mention into any padding under the carpet. The balcony doesn't look that high, someone could probably fall over it quite easily. The center of gravity helps you maintain balance, but it is not some sort of barrier to falling.

Who else was in the house using her computer? JS was at a motel. Her sister had left. AS had t arrived. She was having trouble sleeping.

I just don’t think we should shame AS if at any point in time, RZ also watched *advertiser censored* on her computer. Matter of fairness.

JS testified to going back to Coronado the day the *advertiser censored* was accessed, in order to shower and get clothes, among other things.

Exactly. Also Rebecca's phone records showed that she tried to call Jonah earlier but they were very short calls so they probably went to VM. I've always wondered why Rebecca didn't pick up when Jonah called that night.

It's VERY weird to me that Jonah would leave a message with bad news about Max (and saying they were over?) on a VOICEMAIL at midnight-- in fact I don't believe that's what happened...... but even if he did leave a "bad" message, why wouldn't Rebecca call back? Get some clarification? Tell Jonah she was sorry about Max? Anything!!

But instead we are to believe she INSTANTLY got bizarrely suicidal and wanted to hurt the family even more?

Also that message - Can HE save her? It's directed to Jonah. IMO it's a ruse. I'd say why but it's against the TOS of this board.

It's my opinion that someone in this case has gotten away with a murder for hire. They wanted her killed, degraded and thrown over a balcony just like Max went over a balcony. Grief filled rage and hate.

Maybe the fact that he didn’t take her calls compounded her feelings of rejection and isolation. By the time he called, she had a self destructive mixture of rage and despair. Maybe she wanted to punish the whole lot of them, that’s why the bizarre suicide. I always thought the message was about RZ and JS. She “saved”him from a miserable marriage...now will he save her? In other words, does he care how she is suffering?

Did this come up in trial?

It is my understanding the psychologist testified, and of course Mary did testify as to what she heard from Rebecca that night. I am not certain about whether the email to the other sister was brought in, but my guess is Greer is thorough enough, he would have seen to it that this was included.

Yes. The video of JS testimony. They did not have room for him at the Ronald McDonald House so he stayed in a motel room nearby that the hospital booked for him. He testified that the next day he was able to move into the Ronald McDonald House.

I find it odd that a billionaire took up space at the RMcD house. That is for people who live out of town and can't afford a hotel. Jonah's mansion was 15 mins away. It's not like he was keeping 24 hour bedside vigil. He was coming and going, including going out to dinner at a local restaurant.

My understanding of bondage is that it is can be consensual. Consenting adults may practice this, so it’s not “rape.”

RZ did not move into JS home from the convent. She was an adult woman who had been involved in numerous sexual relationships...some of which were adulterous. That just the fact of how she lived her life. She may have slept with numerous men because she was in an unhappy marriage or who knows why.

I don’t judge RZ or AS for watching *advertiser censored*. Not relevant to any aspect of the case IMO.

Why do you not accept what the Sheriff said in regard to the forensic exam of the computer:

Gore:
Who logged onto her computer in the middle of the night?
There was activity on Rebecca’s computer the day before the incident. The forensic examination of the hard drive showed the file access at about 3:00 am the morning of the event was likely a “cookie” left behind by an automated update for a tool bar.

ETA: A forensic exam would show was logged in when the cookie was left on the computer.

I find it odd that a billionaire took up space at the RMcD house. That is for people who live out of town and can't afford a hotel. Jonah's mansion was 15 mins away. It's not like he was keeping 24 hour bedside vigil. He was coming and going, including going out to dinner at a local restaurant.

Traffic makes that trip a lot longer. Especially during the summer, and on top of that there is bridge traffic.

Yes, it is not in keeping with everything else we saw from Rebecca that *even if* she received such a message from Jonah (seems unlikely) that she would not have called her sister, tried to talk to Jonah or something. We're to believe she suddenly turned suicidal, when an hour before she was coping fine, & came up with this whole bizarre scheme and carried it out within two hours. And, she never sought to speak with anyone, she never wrote a note to explain herself, and it was so important this sudden need to die, she had to bind herself to prevent herself from changing her mind -- when this whole thing was a quick change of mind from her earlier coping.

In fact, the detectives who came upon the scene saw it as a homicide, as would anybody. Suicide would not have even crossed the mind of anyone coming upon a scene like this -- except AS and JS. And, interestingly enough, after some very powerful people showed up on their behalf... LE abandoned the reasonable conclusion and came to the very conclusion that only these (powerful and rich) POIs wanted. Hmmm...

To even suggest suicide in a case like this, much less try to claim the evidence supports it, is flat out ludicrous. MOO

I know this is an extremely emotional case for those who have invested so much time and effort into it. I would never want to offend any of you who are emotionally vested in this case. I understand it fully. I have been the same way with many cases I kept up with on a daily basis. But others like myself, have not kept up with every detail of this case so hopefully I wont offend anyone if I asked some questions please so I can understand more fully if answered.

If you prefer not to answer then I understand that too. I am just an outsider looking in concerning this particular case.

2. Why do you think AS made Rebecca's death look more like a homicide rather than a suicide if his plan was to make it look like a suicide?

2) Why would he do all the complicated rope binding when he could have done so without all of that except making sure she was gagged so she couldn't scream since even though fit she would be no match for his size, and strength. Why do you think he didn't put the rope around her neck only and throw her off the balcony when the results would have been the same?

3) How would AS know where the forensic expert would test on the rope? (Although in every case LE/forensic expert does not test every surface of evidence even on the clothing of the victim and only select areas they think are pertinent areas)

4) How would he be able to erase all evidence of his DNA but leave Rebecca's only? If he told LE he did touch the rope and knife to cut her down then why would he want to remove his DNA when it would support what he already told LE?

5) If no prints of anyone else was found in the home hadn't Rebecca's sister just been in the home shortly before this happened when Max was fatally injured? Did the police find fingerprints belonging to Maxie, JS or Rebecca's sister anywhere in the entire mansion? Or did they just test crime scene areas in the bedroom and on the balcony?

6) Did the ME give a TOD and if so, was that based on stomach contents?

7) Lastly, why do you think AS made nautical knots knowing instantly many would think he was the one who had tied them?

TIA

So if JS said it then it must be true? Liken that to the 8-9 times SDSO on the stand admitted that they conferred with JS to arrive at their suicide finding. I don't believe anything he says and believe there has been a true travesty of justice here. I could not believe that SDSO admitted to having JS be the "lead" in the investigation (my words). Awful.

Did it come out in trial anyone know that JS and Gore were acquaintances/friends/donors before the accident? Open question.

Why did Gore not testify? Another one of the officials that proclaimed through re-enactments and JS commiseration that he was so sure that it was suicide. Why aren't these officials backing up their findings?

What’s it in the middle of the night?

I have never seen anything stating what time the *advertiser censored* searches were done (only the purported cookie access at 3am, which is a separate matter). It was some time in the evening that Jonah went there, and I can't state for certain, but a quick look at his testimony would tell you -- iirc, someone also drove him there, thus was there in the home with him. Plus, computers can be accessed remotely. TOS do not allow me to say what I really think about what you've tried to imply, so I'll leave it here. MOO and such

According to the website it’s for any family whose child is being treated at the hospital. I would like to think that there was plenty of room and that JS would have moved out of the RMcD house if someone needed space who had fewer resources than he did. But initially, I wondered the same thing.

https://www.rchsd.org/locations/main-campus/ronald-mcdonald-house/

According to the website it’s for any family whose child is being treated at the hospital. I would like to think that there was plenty of room and that JS would have moved out of the RMcD house if someone needed space who had fewer resources than he did. But initially, I wondered the same thing.

https://www.rchsd.org/locations/main-campus/ronald-mcdonald-house/

I thought the same thing. Though somewhat more convenient, doesn't seem like he would/should need it. I would actually have said that hopefully it has plenty of space, so that's why he used it BUT actually, that first night, they said it was full & recommended a hotel, thus actually the need was there & his presence the following night probably did mean someone else was denied access & had to stay at a hotel. As for the hotel the first night ... it is again weird. Dina seems to have been able to get back and forth to Coronado. Rebecca was taxiing everyone around, so clearly would have come to drive him if exhaustion was the problem. I also don't remember exactly the testimony about him going home to shower & get clothes that evening, but did he go back and spend significant time at Max's side before going to a hotel? If not, why not just stay in Coronado to rest at that point? Anyway, I'll need to relook at the testimony in this respect...just wondering outloud. MOO

So this was apparently a 2 min voicemail that JS claims to have left updating about Max’s condition getting worse. A 2 min voicemail is a long voicemail. NR texted RZ with no response and then stopped by the house, no answer to door. Went to the side gate, but didn’t go through the gate but tried to look to the backyard. Why? Maybe she heard something, perhaps she could’ve seen RZ in the vicinity of or in the guest house with AS..... I know she said that she didn’t see anything. I really never believed her responsible for anything. But my theory, and this is just my opinion is that when NR got no response from Rebecca that she then called JS to inform him that he couldn’t get in touch with her etc. maybe even saying “listen I saw her in the back with AS so I know she is up”. And that so JS then called Rebecca and left a voicemail saying “listen NR and DR are getting on my case, I know they have tried contacting you, they are pissed, just want to make sure your ok and don’t respond to NR cause I can’t deal with this drama”. NR stopped by the house around 10:40, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his voicemail was about an hour later. In my opinion, I think that JS might have lied about the voicemail as to not incriminate both NR and AS. Would look bad that NR was at the house that night. (And I really don’t think that NR has involvement with hurting RZ). And it looks bad that his brother was the only one at the house. I think the voicemail was a long voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal