Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a picture that was found of a young girl who was a member of Synnanon, she was initially brought to our attention from someone searching for Rose Cole, as Rose was sent to Synannon and went missing from Synannon.

The discussion regarding the Synannon theory is discussed in this thread:

Theory #5: Possible Cult Involvement (Synannon, People's Temple, etc.) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community and is most likely still in the earliest Searching for Anna threads.

It is believed this girl is not Anna. Someone contacted someone who was a member of Synannon and informed us this little girl was born in synannon adn they knew her parents. I forget the childs name, but someone had it. The rule out was based on the information received from the former Synnanon member, but I still have lingering doubts in the back of my mind. I think this little girl strongly resembles the younger of Anna's two older brothers. There is a photo of Anna, her mom, Joe Ford and her two older brothers here: (page 11)
http://www.searchingforanna.com/images/SFA-PDFrev29May07.pdf

There has been recent activity, (2 posts) from a new WS member who was at Synannon in the early 70's at the Rose Cole thread.
Synanon-The People Business - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
It's unlikely that this new WS member would recognize this girl, but I'm including this here just in case we want to try and inquire about this little girl again.
I thought we found out that this was a little boy and that his name was Christian.

I thought we found out that this was a little boy and that his name was Christian.

Thank you for refreshing my memory Annasmom. However, if this was a little boy, why would he be in the womans bathroom/locker room? Unless this was a coed locker room/dressing area. And did the young boys at Synannon wear their hair that long?

Lets decide if we should review this possible match, and if so, let's continue the discussion in the appropriate thread. Thanks! (If so, I can move the posts from this thread regarding this possible match to the appropriate thread.)

No, we don't have any pictures of GB's high school photo's. Which picture are you refering to?

Whoops, no that is a different GB, not our GB.

In the flicker photos there is a page of students and one on the right says GB

Thank you for refreshing my memory Annasmom. However, if this was a little boy, why would he be in the womans bathroom/locker room? Unless this was a coed locker room/dressing area. And did the young boys at Synannon wear their hair that long?

Lets decide if we should review this possible match, and if so, let's continue the discussion in the appropriate thread. Thanks! (If so, I can move the posts from this thread regarding this possible match to the appropriate thread.)
Both girls and boys wore their hair long in those days. I need to make an index of Forum posts, because it is getting so difficult to find things (actually a nice problem to have) with so much information here, but I am quite sure we contacted somebody from Synanon who knew this child and the child's parents, who were members of the group.

Utilizing the WS search feature also works well, especially when limiting the search to this specific part of the forum. I don't know how long it takes on dial up, but it works quite well for me. hth!

Also, as I run across them, outside of the general discussion threads, I am trying to move posts to the appropriate forum to keep things semi organized. hth!

Both girls and boys wore their hair long in those days. I need to make an index of Forum posts, because it is getting so difficult to find things (actually a nice problem to have) with so much information here, but I am quite sure we contacted somebody from Synanon who knew this child and the child's parents, who were members of the group.

Hi Annasmom,

I agree, it's getting very hard to find things in here. I'm going to start a database in the next couple of weeks that we will be able to use as a quick reference guide.

My post #51 in this thread explains this a bit more.

Ozziemum

Ok this is what I can think of for a "To Do" list. I didn't read through all the old threads so some of these may have been done already?

1) Get in contact with Maureen, niece of Evelyn Wanek, to see if she has any recollection of GB or Anna

2) Contact TWA in St Louis to see if records have been indexed yet

3) Contact Barbers Union to see if they keep membership lists

4) Check city directories to find out how early GB was in East Bay (I will do this)

5) Contact Alameda County Courthouse to request record of picketing incident 1941

6) Look for hotels where GB/GW stayed and see if any owner or manager might remember them (you never know, the landlord at 1006 Noe did)

7) Contact the National Archives and request 1940 census record for GB - he would have been living in Oakland

8) Contact the crematory associated with MK and see if GB's handwriting is on the documents

9) Try to get a member of LE to request passport info on Anna

10) Look for hat shop in San Francisco where GB may have bought hats

11) Check with CA Controller's office to see if they have any info on the deposit box that the bank may not. I'm sure any old GB can't just go claim it, they have to have SOME info

will post more if they come to mind

Yes, your above post is exactly what this thread was intended for! Basically to cover what has been overlooked over the years and either not updated on the forum as to resolution or still needs further follow up.

9, 10 and 11 have been done.

9-Annasmom got information back from the detective working the case indicating no passport was ever issued for Anna under her real name. We wouldn't have a way to determine what name she may have had a passport issued under a 'fake name' so unless we find evidence of what name was given Anna after she was abducted we could not do anymore with this.

10- Someone made contact with the hat shop GB purchased hats from, or one that was found that GB bought hats from, and they replied saying they had no records of GB and no way to get the information requested.

11- IIRC, the unclaimed funds are what the comptrollers office recieved. The papers were destroyed by the bank before they were turned over to the comptrollers office. IIRC it was Doogie who did and verified this.

hth

#8 was also completed by me. Someone help me here, IIRC they would not release any info.

I just ran into this post of yours today. It is in the where did George and Margaret meet thread. Either they had no information or they would release no information.

11- IIRC, the unclaimed funds are what the comptrollers office recieved. The papers were destroyed by the bank before they were turned over to the comptrollers office. IIRC it was Doogie who did and verified this.

hth

hmm... so it sounds like anyone who happens to be named George Brody could claim it... since the controller's office would have nothing to verify if they have no info themselves.

hmm... so it sounds like anyone who happens to be named George Brody could claim it... since the controller's office would have nothing to verify if they have no info themselves.

I'm sure not anybody... I'm sure the CA-CO has info which they would keep confidential to verify the rightful owner. I don't think the CO would give that info out and we know any papers within the safe deposit box have long since been destroyed. Doogie verified all that was being held was the cash funds as listed.

Please use this thread for anything already discussed in other forums which may not have been followed through, or fell by the wayside when other more promising leads presented themselves. I will be moving any new suggestions, idea's or theories to the appropriate forum, either the general discussion thread which is Searching for Anna part 4 or other appropriate threads as titled.

Let's try to self police so we can keep this forum as clean as possible making it easier to find things if they are in there appropriate threads!

thanks! :blowkiss:

Cubby,
Can you add a sticky on Anna's forum for images? Then we can put images from the BFH in one folder, pics of Anna in another folder, maps in another folder, etc...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa