Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

I don't know. To me, that is something with many object lessons. And many obvious warning signs ignored - the biggest object lesson of all! Diana came from a fractured family & Charles was the worst of matches for her. History can be a great teacher. If we will study & learn from it!

Hypothetically, if The Firm had allowed Prince Charles to marry Camilla in the '70's -- we probably wouldn't recognize the name Diana Frances Spencer imho.

Mistakes all around, imho.

Took me a while, but I've warmed to the Queen Consort.

jmho ymmv lrr

Hypothetically, if The Firm had allowed Prince Charles to marry Camilla in the '70's -- we probably wouldn't recognize the name Diana Frances Spencer imho.

jmho ymmv lrr
I have, too. As much as I loved Princess Diana she wasn't as pure as the driven snow in the adultery department.

It brings tears to see it and remember all those poignant details.

I had no idea we would see the Crown Jewels in the procession like that. So stunning and so real. Then the heart-wrenching moments when they were removed by The Crown jeweler. I didn't realize it would be an iconic moment done in public at her service.

Then the very dear wreath of those flowers chosen by her son and heir from the gardens. I have to think she would have loved that. No huge floral cascades of imported flowers, but familiar friends from her garden.

We come into this world with nothing, we leave this world with nothing.

It was very moving, indeed.

jmho ymmv lrr

Charles was not prevented from asking Camilla to be his wife.

He never asked her to marry him. (In the 70s)

I hope we are going to see many new lovely plant varieties named for the late dear Queen Elizabeth II

She loved the Chelsea Flower Show and I would hope there would be lovely gardens there in her name, too.

And maybe name lots of horses, and cattle, and dogs and cats after her.

SBM
Queen Elizabeth II's official cause of death was listed as old age. (Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Queen_Elizabeth_Crown.jpg

''The new design will begin to appear on both circulating and special commemorative coins in the coming months, with people expected to see the King’s image in their change from around December as a 50p memorial coin gradually enters circulation to meet demand. Ahead of this a memorial coin range will be released by the Royal Mint on October 3, commemorating the life and legacy of Queen Elizabeth II.''
1664499335903.png

1664499374089.png
''The reverse sides of the commemorative coins feature a design from the 1953 coronation on the 50p coin and two new portraits of the Queen on the £5 coin (Image: Aaron Chown/PA Wire)

As a boy, “I would hear auntie talking about ‘The queen, the queen, the queen,’’’ said Ross, who was raised in Plantation and moved to West Palm Beach in 1995. “In my mid teens I started perking up, listening to her and really becoming enthralled in the royal family history.’’

''The new design will begin to appear on both circulating and special commemorative coins in the coming months, with people expected to see the King’s image in their change from around December as a 50p memorial coin gradually enters circulation to meet demand. Ahead of this a memorial coin range will be released by the Royal Mint on October 3, commemorating the life and legacy of Queen Elizabeth II.''
View attachment 369792

View attachment 369794
''The reverse sides of the commemorative coins feature a design from the 1953 coronation on the 50p coin and two new portraits of the Queen on the £5 coin (Image: Aaron Chown/PA Wire)

Can someone tell me what the initials mean - in the coin above.

Charles III *D*G*REX*F*D*

I know Rex means king.

Can someone tell me what the initials mean - in the coin above.

Charles III *D*G*REX*F*D*

I know Rex means king.
rbbm.
''The text on the new coin says “CHARLES III • D • G • REX • F • D • 5 POUNDS • 2022,” a shortening of the Latin “King Charles III, by the Grace of God, Defender of the Faith,” the BBC reported.''

SBM
Queen Elizabeth II's official cause of death was listed as old age. (Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Queen_Elizabeth_Crown.jpg
Such a rarity on Websleuths.
How often do we get to see COD listed as old age?

Apologies if this was posted in an earlier thread. With the Florida hurricane and all the terrible news, I needed a smile today and wanted to share.

"The Queen's 'special' grey shire horses 'pay their respects' to the late monarch by transporting decaying floral tributes to the royal compost heap."​

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back