Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/9-1/12 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think there isn't really anything "huge" or new regarding Jodi's secret testimony. I think it's mainly been used to create some appellate issue down the road.
I also don't know why it would take a week to prepare a trial transcript for a few hours worth of testimony. When I would go to trial I would make sure to order daily transcripts of the ENTIRE days worth do testify and would have them in my email inbox within hours after Court had recessed. So not sure what the deal is wit the transcript.

Goodness. You'd think that when Nurmi put up the "diagram" today he'd put a Compaq laptop drawing instead of Toshiba one. :facepalm:

No wonder why Juan objected.

I think Toshiba is the hard drive manufacture, but I remember that Jodi's laptop was a Toshiba, and that someone handed Juan back a wrong hard drive at one time that belonged to "tony".

Not a good night to be her cellie...good thing she has private accommodations and no access to knives!

Check her bunk for Advil and disposable razors.

But don't turn your back on her.

Nothing that comes out of the butcherer's mouth will surprise me. What is this great, big, secret? Sexual abuse? She got pregnant from it? Has a child she gave up? I could think of a hundred different lies but none too surprising. The only thing that would ever shock me is if she says 'Yes, I murdered Travis in cold blood' but that is not about to happen in this lifetime! I'm just curious to read those transcripts. And, knowing that Arias is throwing a tantrum and punching concrete walls makes me smirk.

Speaking of transcripts, 'at once' means a 'week' in the Judge's language. :gaah:

Well darn it all, I cant find the posts from 1/8/15...it's not easy getting old yanno. Anyone on that wants to lead me in the right direction. Thanki Sai!

eta: got it!

The stuff coming out of "John Smith's" mouth is probably coming from the "Smith's John" JMO

I take comfort from the fact that I can hear JM doing closing already. "They tried to distort the facts, tries to pull your attention from what really matters the cruelty of this crime by focusing on crap like whether or not a guy watched *advertiser censored*. They want you to judge a man's life by one e-mail, one computer search, one recorded conversation. Do not give them the satisfaction. Do not allow them to distract you from what truly matters. The fact that a man was murderered three times over by his WOMAN Ms Arias. She'a not insane ladies and gentlemen. She's manipulative. She's a great pretender yes. And she's a great liar. But mentally ill? No. When you go back in the jury room i ask you to consider how heinous this crime was.. And bring back the correct sentence: death."

Then JW will get up and beg/whine/lie, basically what she does best.

A Kodak moment I hope we all get to see.

Unfortunately the judge had had the cameras turned off(as in not recording for eventual release)... apparently in her mind(after the media questioned it), just recording the audio will allow us to eventually see the live demonstrations that "Smith" did onscreen in court today.:/ I understand him not wanting to be seen on the stand, people that do undercover(hacking) work don't like to be exposed, but that's no reason, imo, to permanently lock out the visuals of what was being displayed for its worth to the jury.

Edit: Ugh, sorry for repeating what others have already stated, I really need to start at the end and work backwards before posting.

I missed the end yesterday...is Juan still up?
What happened...short synopsis....pleeeeeaase??
Pretty please?:loveyou:

Juan finished his cross, then Nurmi went back in. I don't remember what he asked, but he was up for awhile. Apparently this 'Smith' guy is returning at some point though?

If I recall correctly Nurmi has Sue on redirect. He is schedule to be back on the stand Wednesday. I do not know who will be up Monday.
I was hoping the transcripts of the SECRET witness would be released. It sure would make some interesting snowy day reading.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/09/2015 8:00 AM

01/08/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY TWENTY-SIX

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/5/15 Exhibits 391-395, 397, 399-406, 408-410,
420, 431-440, 463, 481, 506, 507, 559-561, 563, 568, 572, 600, 623, 624, 633, 645, 646, 648-
652, 655, 680, 687-704, 706-709, 731-733, 736, 738, 740, 741, 758, 761-786, 786.001, 787-801,
242, 242.001, 242.002 and 233 were temporarily released to Defense and returned this date...

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that Defense Exhibit 13, previously admitted in evidence
during the Evidentiary Hearing on Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss is stipulated to be
permanently released to the Court and remarked as Trial Exhibit 802...

The State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Witness is argued and denied...

John Smith is sworn and testifies.

Defense Exhibit 803 is marked for identification.

The Defense offers Defense Exhibit 803 and it is admitted in evidence...

Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Preclude the State From Eliciting Testimony Regarding
“Work Drives” is argued and denied...

John Smith testifies further...

IT IS ORDERED sealing the transcript of this proceeding from 2:36 p.m. – 2:45 p.m...

4:30 p.m. Court stands at recess until 1/12/15 at 9:30 a.m. in this division..

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6644902.pdf
--

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/09/2015 8:00 AM

01/08/2015

MINUTE ENTRY

This is the time set for Oral Argument on the Media’s Request for Transcripts...

IT IS ORDERED deferring ruling on this Request due to the pending Stay filed this week
with the Court of Appeals.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Status Conference on this Request on 1/16/15 at
8:30 a.m. in this division.

8:55 a.m. Matter concludes....

Later:

The Court is advised that the Arizona Supreme Court has denied Defendant’s Request for
a Stay. Therefore,
IT IS ORDERED vacating Status Conference on 1/16/15..

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6644542.pdf
----------------

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
1/9/2015 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 1/9/2015
1/9/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 1/9/2015

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Beth reports they spoke to the clerk right after court and requested the transcript. The clerk said you get it from the court reporter. The male court reporter was asked and he said, "that'll have to be transcribed, should take about a week" despite the Judge saying they should be ready for release.
Beth contacted the media attorney, who thought this is ridiculous. He told Beth not to expect anything before 9am Friday. Beth does not expect transcripts before sometime next week.

So was JSS talking out of her butt when she said that she had it transcribed and it was ready for release if necessary?

Hmm! I thought the judge already gave the go to have them transcribed. Nothing like a judge sticking to her word.

So was JSS talking out of her butt when she said that she had it transcribed and it was ready for release if necessary?

Wouldn't be the first time she talked out of her butt. it definitely won't be the last.

Beth reports they spoke to the clerk right after court and requested the transcript. The clerk said you get it from the court reporter. The male court reported was asked and he said, "that'll have to be transcribed, should take about a week" despite the Judge saying they should be ready for release.
Beth contacted the media attorney, who thought this is ridiculous. He told Beth not to expect anything before 9am Friday. Beth does not expect transcripts before sometime next week.

What a crock. We were told back in November that the transcript was ordered to be prepared for eventual release. Let me put on my shocked face. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo