Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what brand of laptop Jodi hid in the laundry? Somewhere someone had it deducted that "Tony" could be where Jodi got her laptop. What's the odds that the computer screw up was a giant one and they handed over her laptop that magically got broken once she got arrested.

-And what was the original story of how her laptop got broken??? Was it actually mechanically "broke to bits"? Was it virus-ridden and unusable? What kind of "Broken"? Sorry if this was discussed, I never caught that story.

Does anyone know what brand of laptop Jodi hid in the laundry? Somewhere someone had it deducted that "Tony" could be where Jodi got her laptop. What's the odds that the computer screw up was a giant one and they handed over her laptop that magically got broken once she got arrested.

I would really like to know how Jodi's computer was broken, and when. Was a hammer used?????????

Was it broken physically or software issues. Where is it and when exactly did Jodi say it was broke....and where is it now.

womens prisons are just as bad as the mens prisons.

I know first hand..

Many moons ago...I caught a case.

I had 28 grams of cocaine on my person...

I went before the judge and plead guilty..she could have handed me a 20 year sentence..However, because I had no priars and pled guilty, I got 3 years.

I sat in county jail for 7 months before pulling chain to prison..

I did 3 years flat..

I can tell you that women prisons are just as vile, just as dangerous as mens prisons.

the fighting, the drugs, the contraband, the shake downs, the killings..the rapes

women are just as bad as men...

lock up is lock up...

I have spent the last 20 years clean...no drugs...I know what I did was wrong and I manned up so to speak and did my time..that was a long long time ago..

I couldnt begin to tell you about the stabbings I saw, the hangings I saw, the rape I saw..the drug dealings, drugs snuck in..wowmen ganging up on other women..trust me, women are no different from the men..

I pretty much kept to myself..I did have to fight on occasion, but I fought to protect myself..

dont let television fool you..

it does not matter if you male or female..prison life is prison life..

as for Jodie? she wont be Chit in prison..just a underdog...if she does goes to gp, she will have to watch her back just like anyone else...what she did to travis does not make her a star in prison..she wont impress anyone...

frankly, I would like to see her serve her time on death row,,being in lock down 23 hours a day...I know women who served on death row...they were miserable...

just sayin

Very informative! thank you.
what's that saying...you do the crime, you do the time. Or something like that.
Glad you're home.

from the link:
"Looks like the Defense has some explaining to do! The State has filed a motion for Sanctions and states that the copy of a hard drive image they received was from a Dell computer not the Compaq Presario laptop that belonged to Travis Alexander! The State is saying they want the mirror image to the right hard drive by noon today!"

This is getting so ridiculous.

I think Jodi should be sent to the same prison Joran van der Sloot is at....he's not looking too good lately, I hear.

T
womens prisons are just as bad as the mens prisons.

I know first hand..

Many moons ago...I caught a case.

I had 28 grams of cocaine on my person...

I went before the judge and plead guilty..she could have handed me a 20 year sentence..However, because I had no priars and pled guilty, I got 3 years.

I sat in county jail for 7 months before pulling chain to prison..

I did 3 years flat..

I can tell you that women prisons are just as vile, just as dangerous as mens prisons.

the fighting, the drugs, the contraband, the shake downs, the killings..the rapes

women are just as bad as men...

lock up is lock up...

I have spent the last 20 years clean...no drugs...I know what I did was wrong and I manned up so to speak and did my time..that was a long long time ago..

I couldnt begin to tell you about the stabbings I saw, the hangings I saw, the rape I saw..the drug dealings, drugs snuck in..wowmen ganging up on other women..trust me, women are no different from the men..

I pretty much kept to myself..I did have to fight on occasion, but I fought to protect myself..

dont let television fool you..

it does not matter if you male or female..prison life is prison life..

as for Jodie? she wont be Chit in prison..just a underdog...if she does goes to gp, she will have to watch her back just like anyone else...what she did to travis does not make her a star in prison..she wont impress anyone...

frankly, I would like to see her serve her time on death row,,being in lock down 23 hours a day...I know women who served on death row...they were miserable...

just sayin

20 years ago is a long time though. Maybe the prison isn't as bad now?

T

20 years ago is a long time though. Maybe the prison isn't as bad now?

prisons dont change...the mindset is the same...lock up is lock up...not trying to argue, just telling it like it is....

Did Bill Arias show up yesterday? I read somewhere that he is "very sick", but he looked in excellent health on the video they just released about a week ago.

Aunt Sue and CMJA's mom were in court yesterday. I don't think the emergency has anything to do with Bill, because Aunt Sue posted a FB comment "Courts out until Thursday shitt ******". One would think if her BIL was seriously ill, she would not have made this kind of a comment or still be in Arizona.

I don't remember the specifics, but I have always heard her laptop hard drive was damaged.

I've been surfing and can't find any reference to Arias' laptop brand, or how or when it got broken. I think if her laptop came from Tony, Juan would not have felt it 'had nothing to do with this case'.

On the other hand, with this totally crazy trial, perhaps Tony's laptop was the one stolen from Dr Janeen Demarte. :tantrum:

I would really like to know how Jodi's computer was broken, and when. Was a hammer used?????????

Was it broken physically or software issues. Where is it and when exactly did Jodi say it was broke....and where is it now.

Tried to find out the condition of the JA's computer when it was seized. Could not find that, but she DID use DB's computer to check her email when she was on the road; and wasn't there a mention in the TA/JA texting that she had to use her grandparent's computer because hers was broken? I might be wrong on that.

In Dworkin's testimony he says (paraphrased):
External drive, broken. Dworkin received this on October 25th, 2012 @ 11:26 am. 2.5 inch drive, a type of drive that would be internal to a laptop + a bag of parts from an external enclosure that would be appropriate for use for that hard drive. Appears that hard drive may have been in that enclosure at some point, but this enclosure was provided to me as a bag of parts.

Copy received, was from original hard drive, but original hard drive was damaged. Mesa PD sent original HD to specialty service to try to make the HD operational. This third party then created Encase mirror image and returned to Mesa PD.

Would normally be able to open that mirror and would appear as any Windows system. See files, folders, etc. But front sectors of drive were damaged, so master file table that established the folders, files, etc damaged. Had to run special scripts to reconstitute the file system. Able to search drive and locate the backup file system that Windows automatically creates. Using that, could view the content on the hard drive. However, the portions of drive that were damaged, the third party had written unrecoverable.

Pulled photos off of drive. Could not always get info re: when photos taken; partially due to damage, but sometimes damage did not account for lack of when photos taken. (Ex 394 & 393)

On the lighter side.....

IMO, Jodi honestly believes she has the upper hand here.

If I were on the jury and I find out how innocent the e-mail and the talk about getting a date actually are I would be furious with the DT and the expert. JM can ask the expert if she talked with the parties involved but would he be able to ask the expert the details ie. the quotes from the parties involved and just how innocent they are without calling the father and Sarah? Also, didn't the expert at the beginning say she didn't speak with CMJA? Would JM be able to show testimony from the last trail that CMJA was the one that introduced the KY and her how she was more experienced sexually than TA by bringing up past boyfriends. I am so hoping this trial is over by February because I will be out of the country and not have a computer available.

Unless this mix up was planned, wouldn't the laptop have been one issued from the evidence room by mistake?

Question for AZL: What would have happened if Juan had sat on the info about Tony/Dell and just used it in the hearing that JSS will eventually have about it? "So your expert says this is the proof that Travis had child *advertiser censored*?" "Yes." "Your honor, you may be as shocked as I was to see this, but...."

I suppose she would have tossed it at that point, but would let him start the nonsense all over again once "Tony" gets his act together - if he even can.

In any case, what could this mean in terms of sanctions. Dr F testified about having "other evidence" about Travis, America's most well-known non-pedophile pedophile. Could it lead to something like JSS reading a statement to the jury that they are to disregard her testimony to that effect? That would be the worst possible thing from a defense viewpoint, and no doubt something she would be loathe to do.

There would have been no point in sitting on the information. Juan wants to get the right hard drive and figure this out ASAP. He has his eye on the ball and doesn't get distracted with games as far as I can see.

The sanctions he's asking for is just to drop the defense's motion about *advertiser censored* and move on. Dr. F's comment re "other evidence" was, I thought, just a reference to the other silly evidence she mentioned--e.g., Travis once sent a mass email that included a child's email address by mistake, and her dad said to take her off the list. And Travis liked JA to wax. Forgive me if I forgot some other compelling evidence of pedophilia. :rolleyes: I don't think she suggested anything about the *advertiser censored*.

If this is not totally illegal for the witness to imply pedophilia when she admits to knowing otherwise, then couldnt the judge at least admonish the defense witness openly in front of the jury by saying something like..."Since it appears the witness admitted that it could be from a mass mailing then it is wrong to imply otherwise if the witness already knows this. I would strongly urge the witness to do thorough research before making potentially false allegations, since you could be sued for slander by the affected parties at a minimum and could possibly face perjury charges at a maximum".

The witness all but admitted to it being a mass email. I listed the tweets earlier if they accurately stated what she said and she used the words "mass email" in her own words.

JM will never ask the judge to do that. It would weaken his cross. He WANTS the defense team to say things like this.

There is an exception to the slander laws for things said in court. Also for dead people. Dr. F has no concerns in that regard. Perhaps there shouldn't be such an exception, as to deceased victims in criminal cases, and that would help with the problem KCL has expressed.

She also will not face perjury charges. Everything she said about that email was true. Misleading, but true. JM is thrilled about it, I promise.

And might this be the problem? What is the "job" of a judge?

To rule correctly on legal issues. To keep the trial moving along. :facepalm: To protect the public's right of access.... OK nevermind.

Are you saying perjury is not a criminal offence in the U.S.?

Of course it is. I was saying that a judge, during a trial, cannot decide a witness is committing perjury and stop them from testifying. It is the jury's job to decide whether a witness is telling the truth.

She could sustain objections by JM....but, she won't. KN and JW run up there and do whatever they do, and she wilts. Mainly, it's JW doing the talking in the sidebars we've seen. I see blatant bias in JSSs body language and facial expressions while dealing with the defense team....sorry, I know you strongly disagree. But, it's what I see.

She all the time sustained objections from JM during the guilt phase. I think I've seen only one ruling on an objection tweeted during this phase, and IIRC it was "sustained" on a JM objection.

Interesting information on how to get perjury charges filed. Sounds as if anyone can initiate the proceedings. The witnesses tend to be careful in how they actually word things to avoid blatantly saying something is fact but they sure do imply things. That is the part that gets "sticky". However even false implications are serious and may hold up in a court of law possibly.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8236420_file-criminal-charges-perjury.html

The most likely witness to have committed perjury was JA. I can't see any prosecutor caring about pursuing that case, since she'll be in prison for life anyway. :)

prisons dont change...the mindset is the same...lock up is lock up...not trying to argue, just telling it like it is....

Thanks for sharing and helping us understand the reality even for womans prisons.

I think some of us are filtered from the reality of how awful prison life really is 24X7 for years at a time.

Ive watched a lot of those "lockup" shows just to try to learn a little about them and I realize they only give a small glimmer of how bad things can get.

And of course the management of each one can be different than another.
One of the things that would have me totally worried is the management allowing certain "bad things" to happen to others while they look the other way.

There was a recent news story where a jail for teens was closed down due to corrupt management that allowed and facilitated fights amongst the kids. Such a horrible thing as some of the kids were unwilling participants and were forced to fight others.

It doesnt happen everywhere of course but those are the sorts of things that would terrify me. I am sure there are numerous incidents and horror stories that the public never hears about.
Every time I see in the news about an inmate "hanging themselves", i really wonder if that is what really happened.

Is CMJA hard drive or the parts still available? Maybe with the new tech someone would be able to get some information.

So true.

What polite society is exposed to via television is more for entertainment value, NOT fact. Nat Geo isn't even a reliable source. The brutality in women's prison is often far worse then in men's prisons.
Note that I am referring to "Prison", NOT "Jail".

On the lighter side.....

IMO, Jodi honestly believes she has the upper hand here.

Would seem so, based on the tweets saying she is chatting, smiling and laughing with members of her defense team before the jury comes into the courtroom.

I think I speak for most people when I say if I were in her position, facing possible death, I would not be smiling or laughing. This is a grave situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike