Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction is DP in under 8 hours of deliberations

'Morning Hope, I too think this doc is all about smudging Travis, I thought I'd heard or read that they have another doc going to testify, which I thought would be where they try to show her mental incapabilities/defects via her upbringing/abuse/someone yelled at her at just the wrong moment a thousand years ago and created this poor thing that couldn't help herself with that knife and gun.

:seeya: Geevee! I know, right? It's like the Twinkie defense, except even more absurd....like, she turned into a scheming lying vindicative murderer because her mother forced her to eat a Twinkie when she was 9.

Wasnt there a jury question mentioned by the tweeters that was to be answered today? I wasn't sure if that was an indication Nurmi was finished or not? Or does JM have to go first and then the questions are answered?

Did she attend both the Memorial service as well as the Funeral? I forget.
ETA: Memorial June 16, 2008
Funeral June 21, 2008

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

'Morning Hope, I too think this doc is all about smudging Travis, I thought I'd heard or read that they have another doc going to testify, which I thought would be where they try to show her mental incapabilities/defects via her upbringing/abuse/someone yelled at her at just the wrong moment a thousand years ago and created this poor thing that couldn't help herself with that knife and gun.

I have been on the Internet the last couple of months reading on one site or another different "experts" opinions of Jodi Arias and what she did to Travis. Not one of them, not even one, believe she deserves anything but the death penalty. They might say that the jurors will give her LWOP but all of them have said she deserves death and that she has no conscience, no empathy, and that she is guilty. So this begs the question about those experts Nurmi has hired. How is it that for the love of money someone can get on the stand and swear to tell the truth, and then say Jodi loved Travis or that Travis was an abuser? These people do not have a conscience either and that mortifies me.

Did she attend both the Memorial service as well as the Funeral? I forget.
ETA: Memorial June 16, 2008
Funeral June 21, 2008

She attended the memorial service in Mesa but "car trouble" kept her from the funeral in Riverside, CA

I could see using Borderline Personality as a mitigator if, say, she had grabbed a kitchen knife while they were arguing. There's just nothing in that DX that would explain all the plotting and planning and coverup--that's pure narcissistic rage.

:rose::rose:

th

th

th

:rose::rose:​

you answered your own question. see bolded.

I have been on the Internet the last couple of months reading on one site or another different "experts" opinions of Jodi Arias and what she did to Travis. Not one of them, not even one, believe she deserves anything but the death penalty. They might say that the jurors will give her LWOP but all of them have said she deserves death and that she has no conscience, no empathy, and that she is guilty. So this begs the question about those experts Nurmi has hired. How is it that for the love of money someone can get on the stand and swear to tell the truth, and then say Jodi loved Travis or that Travis was an abuser? These people do not have a conscience either and that mortifies me.

Home sick from work today...snuggling with my fur babies on the couch under a blanket. Hoping to follow along today as we listen to more of the DT drivel!

Feel better soon. :). If you read tweets today about trial, you may find yourself feeling really sick.
hooefully JM will be up soon! I read on Beth Karas site that she predicts Nurmi will keep the dr on the stand all this week. If so, that's just pure punishment to these jurors who have to endure this.

I personally will be surprised if all 12 agree on the DP, the defense of course wants life with possibility of release and may think the judge has been around her for so long and gotten to know her enough that she may be sympathetic and give her that, but I highly doubt it, I think she'll get LWOP.

Agree. I think there will be a hold out or two (juror 3 seems to be with the defense) and I almost think that's better. She won't get the same amount of attention when it comes to appeals and people fighting for her that she would if she got the death penalty. She'd just be another killer serving life. JSS will give her LWOP. Bank on it.

Feel better soon. :).

If you read tweets today about trial, you may find yourself feeling really sick. hopefully JM will be up soon!

I read on Beth Karas site that she predicts Nurmi will keep the dr on the stand all this week. If so, that's just pure punishment to these jurors who have to endure this.

BBM: :gaah: This whole week ... and IF so, more reason for this jury to deliver the DP !

:seeya:

:seeya: Geevee! I know, right? It's like the Twinkie defense, except even more absurd....like, she turned into a scheming lying vindicative murderer because her mother forced her to eat a Twinkie when she was 9.

LOL She probably has wooden spoon nightmares too.

Yeah I know. Too bad the swearing in doesn't mean a thing to them. Too bad they can't be charged for perjury for their expert opinion. ;)
or playing down the murder as an unfortunate event.

Just read BK's recap of last week.

She pointed out that the language about computer has now shifted to "access to" and "modification of" rather than the original stark "deletion" of files.

Also, she interviewed original Atty who asked to see computer. Atty left the room, then her investigator. She says JM and Flores were still in the room with HD, and she's furious with JM, not Nurmi.

It's very telling, curious. Does it really take a degree to sit up there and read some emails and interpret them based on her own world view? We can all read and we can all decide for ourselves. I'm floored that Nurmi spent two full days having the Dr. read emails. And then there's Dr. Samuels. He knows she does not have PTSD. They laid out a diagnosis for him to find and told him to find it. He even fudged the tests to make that happen. Makes you wonder about the mind of a person willing to lie for someone knowing they viciously killed someone. Otherwise, why the lie? All the defense psychology experts, save maybe Geffner, had to do some twisting of the truth. It's astounding. I think there are some people who are not capable of looking within themselves and realizing they've been taken by a killer's appearance and charm, even if they know it, deep down. Reminds one of the "groupies" who used to frequent the Bundy and Nightstalker trials knowing these men were sadistic, murdering psychopaths. Everyone has their delusional supporters. And the better looking, the more support. Jodi's no different..

FWIW.....from elsewhere. Apparently tweeting Nurmi is one of the roles of her supporters sitting in the courtroom. They monitor family members and jurors, looking for the slightest hint of anything they can alert him to about "misconduct."

Samantha and Tanisha were dragged back to JSS's chamber of ultra secrets not just for laughing at <modsnip>, but for supposedly making eye contact with a juror as they laughed. No doubt Nurmi argued for that juror to be booted.

Lambchop....wasn't name calling. They were laughing at Dr. F reading "shank" instead of "*advertiser censored*, " three times, even with Nurmi clearly promting her.

Agree. I think there will be a hold out or two (juror 3 seems to be with the defense) and I almost think that's better. She won't get the same amount of attention when it comes to appeals and people fighting for her that she would if she got the death penalty. She'd just be another killer serving life. JSS will give her LWOP. Bank on it.

I think it's better too, she won't be a 'cause', just another murdering lifer trying to run the block. I do wonder if, under the theory that the first jury couldn't give her DP because the trial went on so long and she was humanized and made to look like an average girl who just did a bad thing, that maybe Nurmi has had her in exparté hearing with JSS so often to accomplish the same thing, get the judge to know her and maybe take pity on her for sentencing purposes. He seems devious enough to think that might work, even knowing she was saying unkind things about him to JSS behind his back.

Good Mornin fellow tweet readers! Wonder how many days Nurmi can keep this witness on the stand so he can reach his end of January goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow