Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tell me what the heck we can't finish with Geffner today while we wait? If I wasn't watching this circus with my own eyes, I'd never believe it.

Newest motion is that maybe Geffner is through....and does not want to come back for cross by Juan??

This is still penalty phase right? We haven't transported back to 2013 right?

IMHO, the defense has been dragging out the testimony to introduce the *advertiser censored* issue into the abuse realm. The problem is, it's far from settled at this point. Geffner has been going in circles waiting to testify on direct about it and IT isn't happening soon enough!

If JSS were to rule Geffner had to take the stand now, the defense could say in an appeal that she disallowed him to testify to exculpatory evidence. If, by some hallucinogenic means, the court would rule the *advertiser censored* testimony in, it would be a good appeal. Meanwhile, the whole *advertiser censored* issue is a teeming swamp of mosquitos what with Neumeister & Co. and the defense battling the Prosecution at every turn, and at the last minute, I pity the poor Master who has to advise JSS about the issue.

JSS has to follow the rules, it isn't her fault. It isn't Juan's fault. The fault lies, with JA and her defense and their nefarious legal games.

I hate this process as do you all. However, none of this is JSS' fault. She has to follow the rules. Juan follows the rules. The defense can play legal games till the cows come home...

She has not ruled on a plethora of motions. She did not release the super secret transcript when she legally can. She has abrogated responsibility for order in the court. She insists on sidebars even when the jury is not present. She enables and promotes secrecy. There is nothing timely about this, the sentencing phase. And that's all just for starters.

IMHO, the defense has been dragging out the testimony to introduce the *advertiser censored* issue into the abuse realm. The problem is, it's far from settled at this point. Geffner has been going in circles waiting to testify on direct about it and IT isn't happening soon enough!

If JSS were to rule Geffner had to take the stand now, the defense could say in an appeal that she disallowed him to testify to exculpatory evidence. If, by some hallucinogenic means, the court would rule the *advertiser censored* testimony in, it would be a good appeal. Meanwhile, the whole *advertiser censored* issue is a teeming swamp of mosquitos what with Neumeister & Co. and the defense battling the Prosecution at every turn, and at the last minute, I pity the poor Master who has to advise JSS about the issue.

JSS has to follow the rules, it isn't her fault. It isn't Juan's fault. The fault lies, with JA and her defense and their nefarious legal games.

I hate this process as do you all. However, none of this is JSS' fault. She has to follow the rules. Juan follows the rules. The defense can play legal games till the cows come home...

I call bull crap. This has nothing to do with the *advertiser censored* or the abuse. All of this has to do with is delay delay delay, in hopes for a mistrial. Everything they are doing is to get the DP off the table. Nothing else matters.
And you know what, I don't care if he looked at child *advertiser censored* all day everyday. I don't care if she caught him and he got mad beat the crap out of her. It changes NOTHING. SHE CHOSE TO DRIVE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF MILES WITH A GUN AND A KNIFE AND 3 GAS CANS. She still premeditated his murder.

Rules, schmules. The judge makes the rules, or SHOULD. Right now, it's clearly JA and her slime ball defense making the rules. I blame ALL of this mess on the judge.

She has not ruled on a plethora of motions. She did not release the super secret transcript when she legally can. She has abrogated responsibility for order in the court. She insists on sidebars even when the jury is not present. She enables and promotes secrecy. There is nothing timely about this, the sentencing phase. And that's all just for starters.

All of this, and she gives no explanations for the delays. Justice seen to be done? That's one rule she has thrown out of the window, along with her responsibility to respect the jurors' contribution and needs. How can citizens tell she is abiding by the rules when they cannot see or hear it!

I do not want Jodi to win on appeal. If this is what it takes to ensure an airtight sentence then so be it. I can wait.

I'm beginning to think there is something seriously wrong with Judge Sherry Stephens.

It's like she's completely given up all order and control. I just don't get it. I do place the blame for this fiasco now squarely on her shoulders and the mistrial I am sure is just around the corner.

She seems to have no regard for the victim, his family, the jury, and the COA.

Instead, she is creating a greater mess. I also think she is deliberately going against the COA order, has been dragging her feet on it, perhaps because she thinks she knows better.

Is there no one to advise or direct her?

1st BBM: I have been saying that there is something wrong with JSS since the Trial !

I have been voicing my strong and immense dislike for JSS, the way she conducted the trial, etc, way before this Re-Trial began ... and I took some criticism regarding my opinion ... but that's okay :)

2nd BBM: JSS has ZERO regard and ZERO compassion for Travis and his Family ! It's been 7 1/2 YEARS since Travis was murdered ... and it's time the Alexander Family have closure !

As to the COA, JSS knows the COA's Ruling trumps her Ruling ! She should have told CMJA NO -- you will testify in open court -- or we're moving on !

But no, JSS capitulates to CMJA and her DT and says sure, you want a private audience, you got it :gaah: !

I want to know WHY JSS allowed CMJA to testify in private -- AND -- I want to know WHY JSS allows CMJA and her DT to run her courtroom ?

JMO but JSS has an agenda ... and I want to know WHAT her agenda IS !

:moo: :moo: and another :moo:

Ok, so there are all these DT prosecutorial misconduct motions, yada, yada, yada, there are also a plethora of motions for mistrial, we are waiting on the release of transcripts as ruled on by COA, Nurmi files yet another motion to stay the release--so they stop the trial for this. Geffner has already been on the stand for days and days and days, what could any of these motions have to do finishing up with Geffner?????? I just.do.not get it.

Am I dense or something? Maybe AZ can help me understand how all of these other "peripheral" goings has stopped the completion of someone who is knee deep in testimony.

Someone said above that the DT was being given the opportunity to interview a new witness. Maybe about the computer issue?

Can the state ask for a mis trial due to the judge and get a new penalty phase with hopefully a new judge?

Nope. :)

I still can't figure why it took a year for the penalty phase.

Maybe this judge is anti death penalty herself. Does anyone know if she ever tried to get the death penalty for a defendant when she was a prosecutor?

I respectfully disagree and believe that JSS is operating within the confines of the LAW. We all should want this- yes... for a but also for anyone else charged with capital murder. Death IS different- and it SHOULD be.

Do I believe the defendant deserves this? I most certainly do. Even if she is sentenced to death do I ever think it will actually happen? No, I do not.

In the end- this is what the State wants and the family. This is unfortunately part of the process. For a long time now I would have preferred LWOP just so this would be finished- for EVERYONE. No automatic appeals... no more celebrity status for the lowlife , no people fighting for the just because they don't believe in the Death Penalty- not because they care about the .

I feel sorry for Travis family but I am pretty sure Juan has prepared them for this- as best he could.

This would have been done and over and everyone would have been wiping their hands of the slime that is JAA if this had not been a death penalty case.

So... here we are.

Stopping during break. I was right another frustrating day. Wonder who they are interviewing. Is why there were no proceedings listed for this week? Was JA there at all today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherry should just do what she's been wanting to do all along....grant the mistrial. Maybe JW will take her out to dinner. Her and the pet criminal. On the way out, she can laugh in the faces of Travis' family. She's already been giving them the finger everyday!

:seeya: Hi Amster ! Seriously, you nailed it here regarding JSS !

I am so disgusted with JSS that if I stay on this thread any more, I be at lalalalala camp ... lol !

While I agree that it appears they are at a stalemate at the moment in regards to Geffner's testimony, they don't have much else to make him "analyse" from the journals, and it appears that JA will not be retaking the stand to discuss the *advertiser censored*/child *advertiser censored*, hence why they have to use Geffner to do it, I do believe the judge has been the cause of some of the problems.

She should have already ruled on the motion regarding the *advertiser censored* long ago, based on the sketchy testimony from the defence "expert" and the complete inability to provide information/hard drives and witness testimony from "helpers" to the prosecution. I really can't see where the "*advertiser censored*" evidence is going to make a difference in regards to a possible appeal down the road anyway since they aren't even talking about child *advertiser censored* at this point and the *advertiser censored* had nothing to do with why JA killed TA according to her own testimony.

But even if it's not allowed into this phase, JA will still be trying to use it for appeal later. Doesn't mean she's going to get anywhere with it and at best it MAY be something that might get a DP sentence overturned to LWOP. Chances are good that's going to happen anyway, either by mistrial at this stage or just by the fact that JA may die from natural causes in prison before a death penalty is ever carried out on her. But she should still be held in solitary on death row for the duration of her prison term for the safety of the public and other prisoners. She wields way too much power on the outside right now and needs to be shut down and silenced IMO.

MOO

If, and only IF, I understand what is actually stopping this trial from moving forward then I say screw it, let all the DT players who are manipulating the court system have their way and let them testify in secret FGS. This farce has gone on long enough!!!!

I never thought I would say this, but at this point I think Bodney should just drop the request to have the transcripts released (but only if they are released after she is sentenced). I guess this is exactly what the DT wants--to wear down everyone to the point that they just surrender to the madness--and while I have great frustration with myself for compromising what I believe in and value most about the Constitution, and for feeling this way, I am certain that if things continue as they have been that too many jurors will be lost. I am convinced this is the only way at this point!!!

When the whole "secret testimony" BS started JM had no objection to this, so I say just move on because I have more faith in the jury deciding JA's fate than I do the Judge.

I respectfully disagree and believe that JSS is operating within the confines of the LAW. We all should want this- yes... for a but also for anyone else charged with capital murder. Death IS different- and it SHOULD be.

Do I believe the defendant deserves this? I most certainly do. Even if she is sentenced to death do I ever think it will actually happen? No, I do not.

In the end- this is what the State wants and the family. This is unfortunately part of the process. For a long time now I would have preferred LWOP just so this would be finished- for EVERYONE. No automatic appeals... no more celebrity status for the lowlife , no people fighting for the just because they don't believe in the Death Penalty- not because they care about the .

I feel sorry for Travis family but I am pretty sure Juan has prepared them for this- as best he could.

This would have been done and over and everyone would have been wiping their hands of the slime that is JAA if this had not been a death penalty case.

So... here we are.

I could not agree more, Frigga, but find myself wondering: had the prosecution not gone after the DP, would the defense then been arguing for manslaughter? Maybe the prosecution--and the Alexander family--wants to make sure that the killer doesn't walk among society. I don't even know if it works that way, but it might.

AZL?

I call bull crap. This has nothing to do with the *advertiser censored* or the abuse. All of this has to do with is delay delay delay, in hopes for a mistrial. Everything they are doing is to get the DP off the table. Nothing else matters.
And you know what, I don't care if he looked at child *advertiser censored* all day everyday. I don't care if she caught him and he got mad beat the crap out of her. It changes NOTHING. SHE CHOSE TO DRIVE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF MILES WITH A GUN AND A KNIFE AND 3 GAS CANS. She still premeditated his murder.

Rules, schmules. The judge makes the rules, or SHOULD. Right now, it's clearly JA and her slime ball defense making the rules. I blame ALL of this mess on the judge.

It is absolutely wearing me down to a frazzle. The only thing that gives me the slightest bit of joy in all of this IS, knowing the next time Nurmi tries all these stall tactics and shenanigans in Court, he will be dealing with a Judge made out of real Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74