Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, the defense has been dragging out the testimony to introduce the *advertiser censored* issue into the abuse realm. The problem is, it's far from settled at this point. Geffner has been going in circles waiting to testify on direct about it and IT isn't happening soon enough!

If JSS were to rule Geffner had to take the stand now, the defense could say in an appeal that she disallowed him to testify to exculpatory evidence. If, by some hallucinogenic means, the court would rule the *advertiser censored* testimony in, it would be a good appeal. Meanwhile, the whole *advertiser censored* issue is a teeming swamp of mosquitos what with Neumeister & Co. and the defense battling the Prosecution at every turn, and at the last minute, I pity the poor Master who has to advise JSS about the issue.

JSS has to follow the rules, it isn't her fault. It isn't Juan's fault. The fault lies, with JA and her defense and their nefarious legal games.

I hate this process as do you all.

However, none of this is JSS' fault.

She has to follow the rules.

Juan follows the rules.

The defense can play legal games till the cows come home...

1st BBM: Respectfully disagree ... the buck stops with JSS ... it is her courtroom and she has NO IDEA how to run an efficient and FAIR courtroom !

2nd BBM: JSS knows the rules -- and you do NOT let a witness testify in secret, especially a killer who was found guilty of 1st Degree Pre-Meditated Murder !

JSS understands the COA ruling -- and again, she chose to ignore it.

3rd BBM: Yes, Juan does follow the rules ... and I feel for Juan and the Alexander Family having to put up with the never-ending NIGHTMARE !

4th BBM: The defense will continue to play legal games til the cows come home because JSS ALLOWS IT ! JSS is weak and has no backbone, and CMJA and her DT know this !

:moo: :moo: and :moo:

I could not agree more, Frigga, but find myself wondering: had the prosecution not gone after the DP, would the defense then been arguing for manslaughter? Maybe the prosecution--and the Alexander family--wants to make sure that the killer doesn't walk among society. I don't even know if it works that way, but it might.

AZL?

The defense argued "not guilty," and certainly would have been thrilled with a manslaughter verdict in the alternative. The defense will always argue for the best possible outcome for the defendant--it makes no difference what the prosecution is asking for.

I call bull crap. This has nothing to do with the *advertiser censored* or the abuse. All of this has to do with is delay delay delay, in hopes for a mistrial. Everything they are doing is to get the DP off the table. Nothing else matters.
And you know what, I don't care if he looked at child *advertiser censored* all day everyday. I don't care if she caught him and he got mad beat the crap out of her. It changes NOTHING. SHE CHOSE TO DRIVE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF MILES WITH A GUN AND A KNIFE AND 3 GAS CANS. She still premeditated his murder.

Rules, schmules. The judge makes the rules, or SHOULD. Right now, it's clearly JA and her slime ball defense making the rules.

I blame ALL of this mess on the judge.

:goodpost: AMEN ! And I totally agree !

If, and only IF, I understand what is actually stopping this trial from moving forward then I say screw it, let all the DT players who are manipulating the court system have their way and let them testify in secret FGS. This farce has gone on long enough!!!!

I never thought I would say this, but at this point I think Bodney should just drop the request to have the transcripts released (but only if they are released after she is sentenced). I guess this is exactly what the DT wants--to wear down everyone to the point that they just surrender to the madness--and while I have great frustration with myself for compromising what I believe in and value most about the Constitution, and for feeling this way, I am certain that if things continue as they have been that too many jurors will be lost. I am convinced this is the only way at this point!!!

When the whole "secret testimony" BS started JM had no objection to this, so I say just move on because I have more faith in the jury deciding JA's fate than I do the Judge.

You underestimate Nurmi and his desire to drag this trial and his regular paycheck into the next millennium. IF Jodi's transcripts are somehow/someway stopped from being released until after sentencing. That will ONLY give him ammunition to have them SEALED until ALL appeals are exhausted. MOO

I still can't figure why it took a year for the penalty phase.

:seeya: Please please ... call on me to answer !

Judge Sherry Stephens

The most incompetent judge I have ever seen !

:moo:

Maybe this judge is anti death penalty herself. Does anyone know if she ever tried to get the death penalty for a defendant when she was a prosecutor?

I don't know IF she is anti-Death Penalty ...

But she is definitely anti-Travis -- and anti-Alexander Family -- and anti-Juan !

All of course, JMO and :moo:

I think the defense, with the cooperation of JSS, is "bringing the law into disrepute".

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/p...xpediting_litigation/comment_on_rule_3_2.html

Had to look up "dilatory" (purposeful, strategic delaying) but it certainly fits imo. Today's episode was so disrespectful of the dwindling jurors' service.

BBM- But I believe this will only incite the jury to resolve to see this through to the bitter end. These jurors are no different then all of us here. I believe this tactic (to lose jurors) will only backfire and help these jurors to dig in and stay the course. The image of the young man, blue and stiff splayed out in every position on a metal table- naked - with slashes, cuts, deep stab wounds and bruises has got to be seared into their minds- permanently. A young man decaying with a gunshot wound to his head, along with a story of the inability to determine the exact path of that bullet because his brain had turned to mush- was actually close to liquid. How can these jurors ever forget that? Pictures of a bloody and gory crime scene will probably never. leave. their . thoughts. fully. Just like they have not left ours.

These jurors have been subjected to ridiculous and fully inadequate scenarios to explain away the things they have seen.

They have also seen day after day- a living, breathing woman who walked away from all that terror with only a cut on her finger.

These motions will take time- apparently- as will the Supreme Court ruling... but I have faith that these jurors are not going anywhere.

The trial will resume and it will conclude.

There will be a sentence handed down by these jurors (we still have 3 extra- that's a lot) and the finish line is in sight.

We must do what we can to rally our strength and faith- I have more stamina in one foot then that has in her entire self along with the arsenal of manipulations that take place in her brain. Good will win this time... she is going down... going to prison. Only the when and the to what end remain to be seen. She will be outsmarted, ouplayed and outlasted because she is a brutal killer with not one shred of potential for rehabilitation and not much else in that ridiculous, delusional, self centered pea brain of hers. Godspeed the prosecution in their duties.

[/B]

BBM- But I believe this will only incite the jury to resolve to see this through to the bitter end. These jurors are no different then all of us here. I believe this tactic (to lose jurors) will only backfire and help these jurors to dig in and stay the course. The image of the young man, blue and stiff splayed out in every position on a metal table- naked - with slashes, cuts, deep stab wounds and bruises has got to be seared into their minds- permanently. A young man decaying with a gunshot wound to his head, along with a story of the inability to determine the exact path of that bullet because his brain had turned to mush- was actually close to liquid. How can these jurors ever forget that? Pictures of a bloody and gory crime scene will probably never. leave. their . thoughts. fully. Just like they have not left ours.

These jurors have been subjected to ridiculous and fully inadequate scenarios to explain away the things they have seen.

They have also seen day after day- a living, breathing woman who walked away from all that terror with only a cut on her finger.

These motions will take time- apparently- as will the Supreme Court ruling... but I have faith that these jurors are not going anywhere.

The trial will resume and it will conclude.

There will be a sentence handed down by these jurors (we still have 3 extra- that's a lot) and the finish line is in sight.

We must do what we can to rally our strength and faith- I have more stamina in one foot then that has in her entire self along with the arsenal of manipulations that take place in her brain. Good will win this time... she is going down... going to prison. Only the when and the to what end remain to be seen. She will be outsmarted, ouplayed and outlasted because she is a brutal killer with not one shred of potential for rehabilitation and not much in else in that ridiculous, delusional, self centered pea brain of hers. Godspeed the prosecution in their duties.

Frigga, I hope and pray you're right about this jury.

:seeya: Please please ... call on me to answer !

Judge Sherry Stephens

The most incompetent judge I have ever seen !

:moo:

Really, who needs a year to mitigate?? And enough with the sidebars. Public has a right to know.

I could not agree more, Frigga, but find myself wondering: had the prosecution not gone after the DP, would the defense then been arguing for manslaughter? Maybe the prosecution--and the Alexander family--wants to make sure that the killer doesn't walk among society. I don't even know if it works that way, but it might.

AZL?

Heck no Jodi wouldn't have taken Manslaughter. She wouldn't have pled guilty to jaywalking. That would have removed her from the limelight.

She has never had it so good.

Little Miss NOBODY has people advocating for her, sending her their hard earned money and she even has a "TEAM". Never in her wildest dreams.

She didn't like to work, now she doesn't have to. She was always living above her means, now others take care of that. She doesn't have to worry about mundane things like water, electricity, mortgages/rent or finding free food in other people's houses when they are out of town....3 squares, no matter what...hand delivered to her own private room. Mail, both fan and Hate are delivered daily, she gets to sort out haters and possible interviews for later. She is a legend in her own mind.

She has a routine and a home that has now lasted longer than anything since her childhood, she ain't going anywhere, without jerking every string she can dream up and Sherry will allow. She's never had it so good!

Really, who needs a year to mitigate?? And enough with the sidebars. Public has a right to know.

When you consider just how different the last penalty phase was--the one where four jurors voted for life-- then it's even more bizarre. No rhyme or reason in this retrial. It being driven by the whims and fancies of the convicted murderess and her sidekicks. :gaah:

:seeya: Hi Amster ! Seriously, you nailed it here regarding JSS !

I am so disgusted with JSS that if I stay on this thread any more, I be at lalalalala camp ... lol !
Amster has nailed it.
ETA: and giving the finger from both hands I might add.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

JSS should have released the transcript before Nurmi made his move. She anticipates his moves and lets him take the lead. In the end she will say checkmate or dismiss the case.

Absolutely! As soon as the COA ruling came out, she should have announced the transcript would be released in 24 hours. Then it would have been up to KN to try to get an emergency stay immediately. As it was, she ignored the COA ruling for weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if she told the clerk not to even prepare the transcript yet so that it can be delayed further once the SC says it is to be released immediately.

I respectfully disagree and believe that JSS is operating within the confines of the LAW. We all should want this- yes... for a but also for anyone else charged with capital murder. Death IS different- and it SHOULD be.

Do I believe the defendant deserves this? I most certainly do. Even if she is sentenced to death do I ever think it will actually happen? No, I do not.

In the end- this is what the State wants and the family. This is unfortunately part of the process. For a long time now I would have preferred LWOP just so this would be finished- for EVERYONE. No automatic appeals... no more celebrity status for the lowlife , no people fighting for the just because they don't believe in the Death Penalty- not because they care about the .

I feel sorry for Travis family but I am pretty sure Juan has prepared them for this- as best he could.

This would have been done and over and everyone would have been wiping their hands of the slime that is JAA if this had not been a death penalty case.

So... here we are.

Respectfully, I must disagree.

This goes far beyond the normal process in any case I have ever kept up with in the last 30 years.

She has already been tried and convicted by a jury and that is what she will appeal. That has long been over.

Can you name me any other death penalty case that has taken this long or has seen this many delays in the sentencing phase that were also made into a three ring circus by a Judge who doesn't have the backbone and ability to control their courtroom? I am not being snarky, I promise. I truly have never ever seen a case that would even begin to compare to this one. And while the guilt phase was bizarre enough this second sentencing phase is even more bizarre.

In all the sentencing phases I have ever seen that were death penalty cases not one had this many delays, disruptions, sidebars, secret in chamber meetings nor took this long to complete. In death penalty cases the sentencing phase usually takes about a week or two. Not months and months and months that are filled with delay after delay. JSS has no respect for the jury. None and I find that ridiculous. Every Judge that I have seen, except JSS, is very mindful of the jury's time. And if they do have a delay occasionally the Judge is the first one to apologize to the jury for the downtime.

So I don't agree. This case is one for the history books and not in a good way. JA has held the justice system hostage and JSS lets her get away with it and her team.

Juan and Travis' family both want the death penalty because this case cries out for the most severe punishment allowed by law. I don't blame either of them for not giving in. No matter how it ends at least they will know they didn't give in to JA and tried their best to get full justice for a man who was horrifically slaughtered by the murderess he rejected. He doesn't have to prepare them. They are intelligent and they know the outcome can go either way. They have already been through it one time but because they are such courageous people they have no qualms going through it all again for Travis.

If the DA and Juan did not want death for this evil woman then all it would show is once again... females who do the most horrendous crimes imaginable are treated differently by the State.

The DA and Juan removed the gender of the hideous murderer and they went strictly by how heinous and premeditated the crime was.

They made the right and only choice to be made in this particular case, imo. All of them have my full respect. No matter what the jury does or doesn't do.......Travis' family, the DA and Juan made the right call.

But not your toaster? Perhaps that joke, and the breadcrumbs, are growing stale.

What, stale breadcrumbs, oh no!!! I took this lovely holiday to clean my toaster, toaster over, Keurig....well, you get the point.

Not a bit surprised at this delay. I was sure court would be canceled straight away this AM.

if you are a member of Beth's site, head there. She has the scoop on the delay. It is related to a witness that Nurmi wanted to call today but Juan has not had the opportunity to speak with. NVM...posted above. My apologies

Reading the motion filed by the state to preclude a witness referred to as "Pseudonym" and I'm incredulous. So now we have an actual EXPERT witness who refuses to testify in the open as well? This is insane!

if you are a member of Beth's site, head there. She has the scoop on the delay. It is related to a witness that Nurmi wanted to call today but Juan has not had the opportunity to speak with. NVM...posted above. My apologies

Then scrap her! If she wasn't made available before now then tell the DT it's too late JSS.

B
1st BBM: Respectfully disagree ... the buck stops with JSS ... it is her courtroom and she has NO IDEA how to run an efficient and FAIR courtroom !

2nd BBM: JSS knows the rules -- and you do NOT let a witness testify in secret, especially a killer who was found guilty of 1st Degree Pre-Meditated Murder !

JSS understands the COA ruling -- and again, she chose to ignore it.

3rd BBM: Yes, Juan does follow the rules ... and I feel for Juan and the Alexander Family having to put up with the never-ending NIGHTMARE !

4th BBM: The defense will continue to play legal games til the cows come home because JSS ALLOWS IT ! JSS is weak and has no backbone, and CMJA and her DT know this !

:moo: :moo: and :moo:

Excellent post! I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members