Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman had interests in martial arts, there were some photos floating with her in MA moves and I also read somewhere she watched MA movies with her dad. I am almost sure she had knowledge of what type of knife to use, possibly a combat/martial arts type . During the killing she wore some sort of ninga/ma clothing/shoes as well. She was prepared for the kill.

What time does trial start today? TIA! :seeya:

Can someone post the tweet sites again???? Thanks.

From what I remember she went back to her brother's house after picking up the car at the rental and did not go back to Yreka. Also, JA never went into the airport itself from her testimony, just the rental agency. jmo

That's my recollection as well. And rentals start with a full tank, she wouldn't need to refill for awhile

BK has a kind of note to herself that on the day JA set out from Yreka on her mission to kill Travis (early June), she actually drove down to Redding to pick up her rental car, drove back to Yreka (where she had a gas fillup), and then drove south all over again, through Redding. Does anyone have an interpretation of this?

I'm thinking that JA had to go back to Yreka to get the knife, that the knife was so large it wouldn't conveniently fit into a luggage piece, that there was a chance that it might have been caught on camera at the airport, that she would be seen transferring it to the rental, that her brother (or whoever took her to Redding) would notice.....

I wonder why BK thinks this, was there a gas receipt brought out from Yreka for that morning that wasn't included in the first trial? My understanding (from her testimony) was she went to her brother's after getting the rental, took a nap and then went south, supposedly to take pictures of Darryl's sister's new baby (Laura? Lauren? Can't quite recall her name but the photo shoot never happened).

Dr. Horn said deep chest wound was 5 3/4 inches deep. Chef utility knives are typically this size
image.jpg

She would have easy access to such a knife at home, at any restaurant she had worked, at Walmart etc

@NancyGraceHLN: Court is scheduled to start at 12:30 pm ET. #JodiArias

:seeya:

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

Whatever she used had to be long but also thin. Something more like this:

image.jpg

@NancyGraceHLN: There are currently 11 female jurors and 6 male jurors. Two jurors have been dismissed since Tuesday. #JodiArias

@NancyGraceHLN: The cross-exam of Detective Flores is expected to happen in the morning. Stay tuned right here for live updates all day long. #JodiArias

From what I remember she went back to her brother's house after picking up the car at the rental and did not go back to Yreka. Also, JA never went into the airport itself from her testimony, just the rental agency. jmo

This is what I remember also. However, I think I read that in yesterday's testimony Mendes was shown a Shell receipt that showed that she drove all the way back to Yreka after renting the car in Redding.

I can't find where I read that now, though, so I might be even more confused than I think I am. Did anybody catch this or am I nuts?

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

DAY 3 . . . again, I NEVER EVER thought we would get here !

:please: :please: :please: Justice for Travis !

thanks Dog Gone and MeeBee. I can read the tweets while working!!!

Instead of showing why JA's life should be spared they are going in a strange direction to try and make it seem like the murder wasn't that bad considering their dealings with each other, that there wasn't that much suffering, JA's actions were illogical (and therefore she was mentally ill).

None of that gives a jury a reason to save her life.

Rather than focus on the crime, the defense should be focusing on the perp and what factors should be considered (about the perp, not about the crime) to spare her a DP sentence.

Although, IMO, there aren't more than 1 or 2 possible mitigating factors and even those might be a stretch.

Dr. Horn said deep chest wound was 5 3/4 inches deep. Chef utility knives are typically this size
View attachment 62097

She would have easy access to such a knife at home, at any restaurant she had worked, at Walmart etc

I think there was a mistweet or two about the wounds, from my recollection of the first trial the chest/heart stab was 3 1/2 inches deep, the cut near his belly button was ~5 1/2 long. I saw a couple tweets yesterday saying one of the abdominal wounds was that deep but I'm not sure that's correct (I could always get out the ME report but I'm not wide enough awake yet. lol What's for breakfast, Texy?

This is what I remember also. However, I think I read that in yesterday's testimony Mendes was shown a Shell receipt that showed that she drove all the way back to Yreka after renting the car in Redding.

I can't find where I read that now, though, so I might be even more confused than I think I am. Did anybody catch this or am I nuts?

But was that after her trip, or before? This is what is so hard about not having the cameras so we can see the YouTube at night to verify.

:seeya:

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

not tweets, but this is the Livestream updates for HuffPo if you want to follow them, too:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...tes_n_6017492.html?1413906964#8_juan-martinez

I do like that Juan focused on how much Travis most likely suffered. He needs to bring up that she was convicted of an especially cruel, heinous murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname