*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad for KC?? ABSOLUTELY not. Not even a tiny bit. A teesy weensy, micro bit!

No Way Jose, not one ioda and don't feel bad about,feel bad for the other prisoners that have to look at her face everyday. She's an adult,she had choices and she choice wrong.

I tried to feel sad for her, it just wan't there. I don't have it in me to be sad for that woman. There's in a part of me that's sad for CA & GA (although that part gets smaller every time they open their mouths). I feel bad for KC's friends that have been affected by this.

However, I'm devastated for poor little Caylee.

I can't say that I feel sympathy for Casey but I will not allow myself to feel hatred either. Hate is such a crippling emotion, it keeps a person from thinking rationally and it takes away a person's ability to feel joy and compassion. A heart consumed with hate has no room for anything else. Feeling hatred for Casey would make me another of her victims, I will not give her that power.

Sorry, but I have no compassion at all for anyone that harms a child.

I don't hate Casey. I have no emotion for her whatsoever.

I just want to state that Casey may very well be a sociopath, but her sociopathy is not what caused her to kill her child. Not all sociopaths are murderers and criminals. While this might give insight into who Casey is and how she opperates it does not excuse her from the self serving choices and behaviors she knows are wrong.

Yes... because I feel bad for all stupid people that don't know they are stupid

I just want to state that Casey may very well be a sociopath, but her sociopathy is not what caused her to kill her child. Not all sociopaths are murderers and criminals. While this might give insight into who Casey is and how she opperates it does not excuse her from the self serving choices and behaviors she knows are wrong.

amen!! :clap:

Nope, none...maybe if she came clean with the truth. But watching her head held high, ego flaring...one tiny tear drop down her cheek - I'm actually relieved she's finally behind bars with no bond. I'm praying a healthy dose of reality will bring her to her senses. :behindbar

when my grandfather recently died, we 'partied' with a quiet dinner with his family and friends at a restaurant not far from his final resting place.

we didn't exactly 'party it up' by joining hot body contests in bars. wonder how my grandmother would have fared in that...:crazy:

I'm sorry for your loss. A celebration of someones life is the perfect way to start the healing process.

Some how partying at Fusion for Caylee makes about as much sense as a hot body contest for your grandpa both would be inappropriate.

I hear people say this and I really would like to understand. Why is it necessary that something "made" her snap or that someone else is responsible for any bad act she might have done? Is it her age? Her appearance? That you yourself would not be capable of doing such an awful thing, that you assume she is the same? Maybe nobody else is responsible besides Casey. Maybe she is just bad.

Guess it is just easier to make excuses and not want to see the truth - cannot for the life of me understand why this girl has not cracked yet??

I could feel sorry for Casey IF she was overwhelmed with her life choices and lack thereof and had asked for help with her child, with her thefts, with her lies, with her lack of a job or even the basics of an adult life.

I could feel sorry for Casey IF she had some kind of emotional barrier to loving Caylee and simply gave her to Cindy to raise, and dealt with her issues.

I could feel sorry for Casey IF she had made reparation for the people she lied to and stole from for a long period of time.

I could feel sorry for Casey IF only she had valued her daughter's life.

But, since I believe she did not value little Caylee at all, but is consumed with self- love and lives in her own little world, NO.

Because numerous videos exist of Casey buying beer, chips, clothing, and partying for ONE MONTH while her child was missing and now presumed dead, NO NO NO.

THE ABSOLUTE NO- Because she is believed with cause to have taken the life of her child with deliberate forethought and malice ( first degree murder), then NO, I have no sympathy for Casey Anthony. No more sympathy than I have for Scott Peterson.

IF she is proven somehow not to have killed Caylee despite the physical evidence to the contrary in the Anthony's car, and her videotaped activities without Caylee in the month she was probably dead and not reported as such, it will take a huge amount of irrefutable evidence for me to be convinced that she did not kill her daughter. At that point, I will have sympathy for Casey. I don't anticipate the day coming, sad as it is.

I do feel something other than hatred. I think it may just be a struggle to understand her, to figure out what happened and HOW it happened. I've wavered since the beginning of this case on what happened, though I've been fairly positive that she has caused Caylee's death. My indecision is based mainly on how it happened--whether by accident and bad judgment afterward, or by cold planning.

One thing that makes it hard for some is that she was apparently not abusive. That's why I wonder if something just snapped one day. Either way, I think that she deserves hard punishment. Even though I can see the reasons that someone would panic and act stupidly after an accident, there is nothing that I can even try to tolerate in her actions of lying after being "found out."

I find my feelings hard to explain. There is a child who is dead now. I hate any kind of abuse or murder of innocents, so I cannot say that any compassion outweighs my disgust. But I do feel a need to know what happened. I think it's unlikely we'll ever know, even with a body. I don't think that we can trust her and whatever she says, and I believe that a body being found right now would not be good forensic evidence to truly puzzle it out.

I think that Casey is fundementally flawed. I think that this is proven in the life she was leading and the actions she took even before Caylee's death, and especially afterward. I do feel sorry for that I guess, and if I had known her BEFORE this awful deed, I know that I would have definitely felt sorry for her. Again though, it's likely that my frustration with her would have ended any friendship or effort. I do get disgusted with people who refuse to acknowledge their problems and seek help or change. I find them weak.

*shrug* I think Casey will suffer. I think she has been suffering. It's not enough for Caylee, and I don't try to say that this is a good trade. I do think and say that all of us have that middle of the night clarity when we see ourselves and into our souls. It's never a pretty sight, and some people will be more tortured than others. I think that Casey is good at ignoring her darkness, and I think that she is sane and smart enough so that she will not ever completely escape it.

Lisha

I don't feel one bit of sympathy for KC. She made her own decisions and now she is reaping the consequences for once in her life. I feel somewhat grateful that it only took 4 months to get her behind bars, without bond, where she belongs. I was suprised at myself for getting upset when she and Jose were giving the press conference. Then I realized that the reason I was upset is because the baby is dead and there is nothing that I can do to change it.

Those of us that do feel a little compassion for Casey I think are seeing what could have been. A lot of young women have children out of wedlock and do just fine. When I look at the pictures and videos of Casey and Caylee they appear to really love each other.

I agree with feeling really sad for Casey in relation to what "might have been". It is sad to see such potential squandered. If she had used 1/2 of her talents in a positive manner I'm sure she could have had a regular job and a pleasant life. One poster mentioned when this case first broke that Casey was never prettier than when she was looking at Caylee. I totally agree. There are maybe 3 or 4 pictures of her holding Caylee and looking right in her eyes and Casey never looked so beautiful as this. It's a damn shame.

The only thing I find sad is that Caylee is dead and more than likely at the hands of her egg donor.

First of all, no one has been convicted of anything. Second of all, even if Casey is guilty, I still feel a great sadness for her and her family. This is a tragic situation anyway you look at it. Casey's life is essentially over. Her family's lives are destroyed. If, somehow, it turns out she is innocent, I feel horrible for them all. Especially for the way the press and public convicted Casey BEFORE she had a trial!

Yes I feel sad for her. I feel sad for the world and all the people in it. Most likely because I am a determinist - I do not believe in any free will whatsoever. No one here asked to be born into this cruel and awful place. No one can explain why people do the good things they do or the awful things they do. We just make the best of things. I feel very fortunate that my own life has not been miserable or too complicated, and I feel fortunate to have the ability not to blame others for actions they cannot control.

Peace to all.

Thanks Bessie.

Missmybaby, I find that very sad, that you can't find any compassion and pity for these broken human beings. The argument has been offered on this thread that Casey didn't feel compassion and empathy for anyone else so why should we feel for her. Well, to me that's the point - we should because we can. How can we ask others to demonstrate these emotions, if we can't do it ourselves? If we don't show it and feel it, others won't learn it.

It shouldn't matter if she chose to do this, it doesn't make her any less sick and mentally ill. I don't think she was "born this way" (although that would make me think she deserves our compassion even more) I believe that we are as science has proven, the result of nature and nurture, the sum of all our experiences, which is why some people who have horrible childhoods and survive them don't commit crimes - they have other experiences both naturally and nurturing which makes them respond differently.

Until we stop looking at these people as "monsters" which is really the ultimate excuse for them, and start recognizing that these people are human beings and all human beings are capable of the most terrible behavior, we will never break this cycle of abusing and hurting each other.

I agree to some point... I do think that something has happened in her life to make her turn this way, but do I feel sorry for her for what she has done and is now being judged for NOPE! You reap what you sow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11