Ron C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like Ron was ready to go back on the 6th but was fired on the 3rd. As he had an agreement with the company maybe he figured everything was set and there was no need to contact his work before he went into work on the 6th.. See article....
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090417/BREAKINGNEWS/90417015/1086

Cummings' lawyer, Greg Kimball, released a statement saying Cummings agreed to return to work on April 6.

"Ronald agreed to this date and was prepared to go into work when he was told on Friday, April 3, 2009, that the offer to return to work was being withdrawn for 'abandoning his job,'" Kimball said. "Cummings in the last two months has had to deal not only with the disappearance of his daughter Haleigh, but also false muckraking allegations by attorney Kim Picazio, representing Crystal Sheffield."
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090417/BREAKINGNEWS/90417015/1086

Does anyone know if RC is suing his former employer? tia!

Do we know if Ron has found another Job yet?
How is he taking care of a wife and son?

He probably got enough money for the NYC appearance to tide him over for awhile. moo
And whatever else he may have sold to the media, pics, etc..... moo

He probably got enough money for the NYC appearance to tide him over for awhile. moo

He probably is using some of the money finally given to him for back child support. Im sure he is greatful to the anonymous donor who paid it for Crystal. Who ever it is maybe they could donated my ex's behind child support. Wishful thinking I guess cant blame a girl for trying :crazy:

He probably is using some of the money finally given to him for back child support. Im sure he is greatful to the anonymous donor who paid it for Crystal. Who ever it is maybe they could donated my ex's behind child support. Wishful thinking I guess cant blame a girl for trying :crazy:

Way to go Cuppy!

Yes, the back child support should help a great deal! I was just thinking the media was probably much more lucrative as they were with the meter man in Orlando. RC said it was an "exclusive", so I assume that was worth something. I think this is something everyone accepts when it's offered.

ETA: Generous donor for sure.

Do we have a link that he got paid? TIA.

I happen to know someone (in my family) that appeared as a guest on GMA and I know they do NOT pay appearance fees. They do however pay your airfare and put you up in a hotel. I also got a coffee mug (that was given to my family member). It is not the norm to give out mugs anymore either. I happened to ask for one, though, so they mailed one to my relative and it was given to me when it arrived.

I'll attach a pic of the coffee mug that I just took now. The date and time is on the picture so you know it's not a random pic I found online. :)

GMAmug.jpg

Do we have a link that he got paid? TIA.

I happen to know someone (in my family) that appeared as a guest on GMA and I know they do NOT pay appearance fees. They do however pay your airfare and put you up in a hotel. I also got a coffee mug (that was given to my family member). It is not the norm to give out mugs anymore either. I happened to ask for one, though, so they mailed one to my relative and it was given to me when it arrived.

I'll attach a pic of the coffee mug that I just took now. The date and time is on the picture so you know it's not a random pic I found online. :)

GMAmug.jpg

Post was MOO.

Threads are so quiet.....

ETA: atherella taking a current and time stamped photo of the cup was very thoughtful of you. Thank you. It is a very nice cup. I just realized you had done that and wanted to thank you.

Post was MOO.

Threads are so quiete...

I thought in this forum it is facts only and we needed links to back up what we post?

(BTW... that's not snark, it's an honest question).

You're right.. everything is quiet. Darn shame. Wish they'd find HaLeigh already!

I thought in this forum it is facts only and we needed links to back up what we post?

(BTW... that's not snark, it's an honest question).

You're right.. everything is quiet. Darn shame. Wish they'd find HaLeigh already!

Maybe so... I see an awful lot of opinion here... not rumors... just opinion, but if you think I should delete that post I certainly will. What do ya think?

Does anyone know if RC is suing his former employer? tia!

I hope so.

MC said he was a crane operator.

What does it matter? He was working the worst shift for $10/hr. to support himself and his family. He was full time and getting benefits. After having legal custody of his two small children for almost 4 years, he was finally able to move them all into a home of their own. He was proud of his accomplishments, he had a job, beautiful children and had provided a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home for them, located in a rural setting and surrounded by family.

He couldn't do drugs and be subjected to random drug screening. I believe him when he said he didn't do drugs. Maybe in the past, but not now. I would bet that MC hadn't done any dope in a long time until they broke up and she went wild for a few days. (around here we call that grudge ___.

I wish all men would strive as hard as he did to support his children. Good grief, half of these losers wouldn't break a sweat to feed his family much less the night shift which removes all party hardy nights out making more babies. They weren't neglected, mistreated, hungry and cold. These children were happy and loved and nutured. RC loves his children, truly loves them and could never have harmed HaLeigh - ever.

And, if he had accidentally run over her with the car, he would have shot his brains out that night.

That is how strongly I feel about his character.

Flaws, yes. We all have them.

I am not going to run through the litany of things he has done or is alleged to have done or is rumored to have done to shred him. I do see him as a polite southern boy, doing the best he can and I bet he never had a father figure worth a nickel when a nickel was still worth something. I just have a gut response to him and this is what I get.

He is a victim of the most horrendous crime that can happen to someone.

He needs a job. Isn't there anyone who knows someone who will hire him?

That is quite a testimonial for Ronald Cummings. I am impressed! Was RC a certified Crane Operator? I thought you had to be certifed to hold that position. In california, you do...and it pays very well.

That is quite a testimonial for Ronald Cummings. I am impressed! Was RC a certified Crane Operator? I thought you had to be certifed to hold that position. In california, you do...and it pays very well.

No idea. He may have told MC he was and was actually a janitor for all I know. What does it matter? He was doing it.

It matters! It goes right up there with morality. The fact that people under suspicion would lie is very concerning. If he was lying, it would not look good when one is under police investigation.

I would imagine it hasn't helped with the media and even people from sites like WS calling his work place. I could see why they are hesistant to keep him on there with this high profile case looming over his head. People want to harm Ronald in any way possible since they feel (however, wrong they may be) he had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance. The company probably has received those threats, too. A bridge company would take those threats seriously.

OOh, that's why PDM had an LEO posted out there. I thought they were concerned about RC threatening them, not to protect RC if he decided to show up and was being followed by someone who might want to harm him while at the plant, or harm the plant because he was associated with them. Thanks for the clarity. :)

Ronald was fired by his employer for abandoning his job. The attorneys say there was an agreement for him to return to work on April 6th but the offer was taken back and they have now fired him. The attorneys are looking into possible legal avenues against the employer.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/cummings_4716967___article.html/haleigh_ronald.html

Pretty sad to fire him like that when his little girl is missing. I don't think I would be able to work-I don't even know how I would go about daily living much less working.:eek:

bbm, does anyone know if legal avenues against PDM have been processed yet? tia

Anyone know of what RC's accidental injuries are/were? I am wondering if his former employers had considered this statement made by his attorneys; and they decided to inquire about the medication? If you operate machinery like a crane, plane, train, bus or anything like that, then you should reveil the medication to your employer. Some companies require it because of liability. imo

bump, due to relevance in previously posted question. :)

I read somewhere that he operated a small crane, sort of like a fork lift, so I don't think one would need a certificate to operate something like that.

I would imagine it hasn't helped with the media and even people from sites like WS calling his work place. I could see why they are hesistant to keep him on there with this high profile case looming over his head. People want to harm Ronald in any way possible since they feel (however, wrong they may be) he had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance. The company probably has received those threats, too. A bridge company would take those threats seriously.

Why would the company be receiving any threats? I'm just curious.
Personally, I wish him no harm whatsoever. If he has told the truth, and has nothing to do with Haleigh being missing, then he needs to be able to go to work and support his wife and son. If it turns out that he had anything to do with it, then LE can deal with it in due time. The truth will come out, it always does.

I hadn't realized that this was the first time Ron was living on his own with the children. If that's the case, he's certainly had a lot of support - real devotion from his mother and grandmother. How old was Ron when he left school for good ?

I hadn't realized that this was the first time Ron was living on his own with the children. If that's the case, he's certainly had a lot of support - real devotion from his mother and grandmother. How old was Ron when he left school for good ?

IDK, but he left school in the 9th grade <age 16, had been held back> - so I assume he lived with one parent, grandmother, uncle for some time. Didn't TN's brother raise RC... that is what I have understood from reading around here, but idk for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels